Metal Storm logo
Depeche Mode

17.05.2006 - 04:59
Telrédion86
Account deleted
(If this was the wrong spot please move this thread if necessary.)

A UK synth-pop band that started in the Eightees and is still around today. I like the "Violator" album as every song is enjoyable, that and I haven't heard much else from them. As I understand it, they have been influential on the musical scene today. Also, their songs have been covered by the likes of Rammstein, Lacuna Coil, and Marilyn Manson.

Now I turn it over to you: what is your favorite album, what do you like about them, favorite song, etc.
17.05.2006 - 05:30
meTalcoholic
I think I was predestined to love them from early on in my life. My mother went to a depeche mode concert when she was pregnant . I grew up listening to them and I love mainly:'Enjoy the Silence' and 'Walking in My Shoes'. Their last album Playing the Angel is pretty good too. Martin Gore is amazing... what a genius.
----

-ZEdarkangel (a.k.a. ZD/ZeeDee)

666, Number of the Beaaaaaast!!!!!!
17.05.2006 - 08:22
Horlequism
Account deleted
Gah...I created a thread for this band back in the old MS...yea, Depeche Mode is great...haven't heard their latest album yet...
18.05.2006 - 01:20
Deus Ex Machina
Posted on the old MS thread.Pretty much said all i have to say there but yeah-have all their stuff.The newest album has a couple of good songs with a lot of mediocre stuff.
And yeah,loved Depeche since i was a kid.
18.05.2006 - 03:04
__Az__
Depeche Mode are legendary... 'Personal Jesus'
21.05.2006 - 15:06
Dam3k
Cool band altough I haven't listened to them so much, anyway cool band =)
----

23.05.2006 - 20:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Black Celebration through Violator is DM at their best...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.05.2006 - 09:40
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Didn't know them until my new neighbour introduced me to them 6 months ago...so I don't have any favorites yet...like the music. It's nice to chill out to. They're playing in Aarhus just 500 meters from where I live in a month. Unfortunatly the show is sold out
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.05.2006 - 15:41
ken
Account deleted
I was just listening personal jesus, that's a great song. They have really good songs which I enjoy listening to. They have visited Estonia a couple of times but I havent been able to go see them .
25.06.2006 - 08:03
TheKreator
Account deleted
good band, i don't adore them, but i find their music...enjoyable they played 2 days ago in Bucharest, and i've heard there were some 40 000 people there
08.07.2006 - 14:32
lordz
IzZo
Creative
good in a lounge while drinking margaretas
10.07.2006 - 20:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Marilyn Manson's cover of Personal Jesus really pisses me off...
10.07.2006 - 21:58
SkattleSkank
Account deleted
I agree with Kap'N Korrupt, that cover should not exist

black celebration is an amazing album, as far as the new album goes, its enjoyable but some song i dont find too enticing
03.08.2006 - 15:56
Misantrophil
Account deleted
the best band in the world.One of my favourite bands.The best album is Violator and my favourite song is Policy of truth
03.08.2006 - 16:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
SkattleShank, I agree with you there...Black Celebration is my favorite album and perhaps their most innovative album...from beginning to end that album is perfect...their use of synth effects and melodies intertwining is very mature actually...Black Celebration is probably one of the turning points for the band...Flys on the Windscreen is the coolest song on Black Celebration...
13.08.2006 - 03:17
marinBG
for me this is one of the crappiest bands ever... the fact that i know people and even like and on top of that even love people that listen to that stuff sends shivers down my spine... ikie!
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
14.08.2006 - 17:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@marinBG: I think that you might be judging them on their either their newer material or on their early synth pop stuff...what I think is that you haven't actually listened to them at all and thus cannot really give a solid opinion on their music...what I think you should do is go and download the album Black Celebration then come back and tell me what you think and only then...

You should also realize that Depeche Mode were synth pop sure, but they were a lot darker and deeper then other synth pop bands and that made them stand out...they're far from crappy...
14.08.2006 - 18:58
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Wow, Synth Pop. This is something I have been getting into as of late, and Depeche Mode is one band that seems to really be at the top of the list.
----
(space for rent)
17.08.2006 - 06:07
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They were the first band mentioned in allmusic.com when I looked for a list of recommended synth pop bands so...they certainly are at the top of all lists...
17.08.2006 - 14:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I like their last album. Their sound is still stimulating. And that voice just stands out.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.03.2007 - 21:07
Kaamos
Account deleted
Speaking of covers, Vader's vision of 'I feel you' is terrific. http://www.empire-records.com.pl/mp3/ify-vader.mp3
25.03.2007 - 22:04
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 23.05.2006 at 20:19

Black Celebration through Violator is DM at their best...

I agree. "Music for the Masses" is a masterpiece; my favourite DM album.

Anyway any post Black Celebration album (including BC) deserves and is worth everyone's attention.
01.04.2007 - 21:47
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Great band !
Last night i saw their last DVD 'Live in Milan' ,Great performance.
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
02.04.2007 - 23:38
darksun
I believe they are more than an ordinary band.Mrtin wrote awesome songs and dave makes them black pearls with his voice.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
08.07.2007 - 11:47
mansonnette
Account deleted
I like Depeche Mode. They're one of my favorite bands.
18.08.2007 - 14:14
therest
I always liked Depeche Mode, but I became a fan when I accidentally stepped into Depeche Mode Bar in Tallinn. After that day DM is in my everyday playlist on my PC and my Walkman. The latest album Playing The Angel is great, best songs .. Precious, Personal Jesus, John The Revelator, Dream On .. just to name few.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
24.08.2007 - 11:22
vusza
Best synthpop act. Or whatever you may call it. Their best albums are Music For The Masses, Black Celebration, Ultra and Violator, in my opinion.
@ darksun: I'll have to agree, they definitely are more than an ordinary band.
----
No guts, no glory.
04.02.2008 - 00:40
Darky
Account deleted
I love Depeche Mode. They make the best videos ever but I dont like Dave Gahan as much as a solo artist. Oh and Martin Gore is seriously cool.
18.07.2009 - 13:09
Hamird
Lieutenant
Have anyone heard the new album? That's good in my opinion.. Peace is the best track on the album for me.. But there's something about the album I didn't get and that was the album cover, does that contain an especial meaning?
04.03.2012 - 17:46
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Man, awesome band! I can feel the nostalgia feel in my veins, and I was born years after the band had formed.