Metal Storm logo
Saturnus

29.06.2006 - 23:19
Valmont
Yea, they are from Denmark, anyone interested? Most of the doom fans, like myself, would know them already but to the rest i say they are worth to check out. Their vocal man likes Madonna. That's the oddest thing i would say related to the band tho. They are in MS but they are inactive. Hope the mods will add them but if you're interested search for them on MySpace and LISTEN!
29.06.2006 - 23:23
Nathan Lurker
Overall good stuff. The musicianship is quite unique in the Doom Metal scene. It's got a sound of it's own and some great songs. I personnally enjoy the Fall of Nakkiel a lot even though it's not representative of their usual sound. Christ Goddbye and A Poem Written in Moonlight would be two of my favourites.

I nedd to check out their latest album. Murky Waters made me look forward to this new material but I never took time to check it out.
----

I came up from below when the she-wolf howled
and the night gave birth to her only child !Black Thunder!
I never knew no mercy I never knew no shame
I am hell in the storm clouds, the devil calls my name !Black Thunder!
29.06.2006 - 23:28
Valmont
Written by Nathan Lurker on 29.06.2006 at 23:23

Overall good stuff. The musicianship is quite unique in the Doom Metal scene. It's got a sound of it's own and some great songs. I personnally enjoy the Fall of Nakkiel a lot even though it's not representative of their usual sound. Christ Goddbye and A Poem Written in Moonlight would be two of my favourites.

I nedd to check out their latest album. Murky Waters made me look forward to this new material but I never took time to check it out.

Their latest album is pretty good too. "Murky Waters" and "I Long" are two of my favorites. It's good.
12.08.2006 - 12:59
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
I'm currently listening to their latest album "Veronica Decides To Die" and I think it's a real masterpiece!!
I agree with MournfulWoods that their style is quite special, and sometimes is a little gothic inspired IMO. The atmosphere they're creating is just brilliant. Also lyrics are very elaborated and doom-profound (I'm the snake in my own so called paradise - Embracing myself with darkness - My demise [Embraced By Darkness])

Their MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/saturnus and official website http://www.saturnus.dk
I strongly recommend them for every Doom fan!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
12.08.2006 - 23:34
Vrana
Saturnus is a great band, even if I'm not a doom metal fan . Unfortunatly, I haven't heard Veronica decides to die, I hope, that I'll get that album as soon as it's possible.
I actually don't listen to the lyrics, I just like the atmosphere they create with the vocals. Very nice, what can I say!
And, if I have to choose the song I mostly like it ... hmmm I would choose between Drown my sorrow, Christ goodbye and For your demons. But still, I like all their songs.

@Thryce: Thanks for the links
16.08.2006 - 15:46
Anathemani@c
Saturnus is a really good band. The very first time I listened to them I found them a little bit boring, but after some times I admired them. I have only listened to Martyre.What about that alboum?? Any other suggestions?
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
16.08.2006 - 15:57
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Saturnus are impressive, very emotional en well written shit. I can't have enough of their last album "Veronikas Decides To Die", which is a very sorrowful masterpiece... it still can't match their awesome debut "Paradise Belongs To You" (what a beautiful title by the way), but it's certainly better than "Martyre", that was also a very good CD.
15.09.2006 - 12:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Realy good and intresting and amazing danish band
I like them and almoust all albums are good and werry fun to listen, since im doom fan and I wanna ask does soemone had hear ''Veronika Decides To Die'' new album of them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.09.2006 - 17:47
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
@kariasakis7: I listen to it at least once per week since 5 months ago
15.09.2006 - 18:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=5080] on 15.09.2006 at 17:47

and how it is , good, how its changeing if we lock at previus 2 albums, are there diferencies in sound?
----

15.09.2006 - 18:57
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 15.09.2006 at 18:13

Written by [user id=5080] on 15.09.2006 at 17:47

and how it is , good, how its changeing if we lock at previus 2 albums, are there diferencies in sound?

If you liked Martyre, there's not a single reason for not to love Veronika Decides To Die... simple as that.
04.12.2007 - 06:35
villain
I'm not a doom metal fan but I like their EP - "For the loveless lonely nights"

from 'Christ Goodbye'

.....Every man has a dragon heart upon his own dusty
shelf
(where) the thunder roars across the heavens.
The deepest chambers laugh -
Dragon king wake up, it's time to take this throne.
Cloven hoof scratch the floor
human find your devil door.
Christ goodbye... Christ goodbye...
I am god, the human eye.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
04.12.2007 - 09:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by villain on 04.12.2007 at 06:35

I'm not a doom metal fan but I like their EP - "For the loveless lonely nights"

from 'Christ Goodbye'

.....Every man has a dragon heart upon his own dusty
shelf
(where) the thunder roars across the heavens.
The deepest chambers laugh -
Dragon king wake up, it's time to take this throne.
Cloven hoof scratch the floor
human find your devil door.
Christ goodbye... Christ goodbye...
I am god, the human eye.

Good Poetry isnt old albumsare awsome, used piano, horns, other instrument sectuion, diferent type of vocakls
----

04.12.2007 - 10:30
KryptoN
imperceptible
"Veronika Decides to Die" is basically a five star album for me. Nothing really original or groundbreaking but very good stuff. I also tried "Martyre" but didn't like that one very much, it sort of lacked all emotion that VDtD had. The Paradise Lost touches were interesting though.
07.12.2007 - 16:24
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
I heard a few songs from Saturnus and was going to get to know them better until I saw they released an album based on a Paulo Coelho book... that really killed it for me. It was like meeting a nice, good looking girl, and finding out she has gonorrhea or something.
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
07.12.2007 - 17:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I only listened to "verokina decides to die" which was a very famous book here in Portugal at the time is was released (I never read it to be honest) and I thought the album was very good. It had the things I enjoy in doom albums: beautiful atmosphere and raw emotions in the musical creations and in the vocals. Besides matching lyrics are always a plus and then the songs speak for themselves.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.12.2007 - 17:09
the stranger
Written by Sleep In Sorrow on 07.12.2007 at 16:24

I heard a few songs from Saturnus and was going to get to know them better until I saw they released an album based on a Paulo Coelho book... that really killed it for me. It was like meeting a nice, good looking girl, and finding out she has gonorrhea or something.

I had a similar impression when I knew the album title was that one. But, that's it about anything related to Coelho, the album title. Nothing else. They haven't change a bit their style towards a "find all the happines inside yourself you can do it" Coelho stuff. In fact, Veronika Decides To Die is one of the best doom albums I've heard in my life. And I'm a doom fan. So give it a try at least and forget that the title is from a Coelho book.

What I like most about this album are the lyrics, absolutely romantic; a characteristic that it's hard to find in a doom band and harder to find one that achives such a level of expression.
11.12.2007 - 06:02
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by the stranger on 09.12.2007 at 17:09

Written by Sleep In Sorrow on 07.12.2007 at 16:24

I had a similar impression when I knew the album title was that one. But, that's it about anything related to Coelho, the album title. Nothing else. They haven't change a bit their style towards a "find all the happines inside yourself you can do it" Coelho stuff. In fact, Veronika Decides To Die is one of the best doom albums I've heard in my life. And I'm a doom fan. So give it a try at least and forget that the title is from a Coelho book.

What I like most about this album are the lyrics, absolutely romantic; a characteristic that it's hard to find in a doom band and harder to find one that achives such a level of expression.

Yeah, Veronika Decides to Die has to be the best Doom Metal album I ever heard, the lyrics are truly beautiful and very romantic..... Vocals and musicianship are also great and I just cant get enough of this album
----
11.12.2007 - 09:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Disagree because 'Veronice Decide To Die' are weeker album of band ALL NANDS best albums are recordet in 90ties ghood example Novembers Doom, it dont metters if band dont lost poet talant but music and atmosfere isnt like it was than
----

11.12.2007 - 18:36
the stranger
Written by Bad English on 11.12.2007 at 09:38

Disagree because 'Veronice Decide To Die' are weeker album of band ALL NANDS best albums are recordet in 90ties ghood example Novembers Doom, it dont metters if band dont lost poet talant but music and atmosfere isnt like it was than

Disagree. All bands best albums are recorded in the 90's? So... in your opinion it would be that Shape of Despair's best album is their demo? Mourning Beloveth best album is(also) their demo? And I consider Novembers Doom to be absolutely repetitive and boring. I agree that bands like Katatonia or My Dying Bride best recordings are of the 90's but to come and say that all best recordins are from the 90's?
11.12.2007 - 19:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by the stranger on 11.12.2007 at 18:36

Written by Bad English on 11.12.2007 at 09:38

Disagree. All bands best albums are recorded in the 90's? So... in your opinion it would be that Shape of Despair's best album is their demo? Mourning Beloveth best album is(also) their demo? And I consider Novembers Doom to be absolutely repetitive and boring. I agree that bands like Katatonia or My Dying Bride best recordings are of the 90's but to come and say that all best recordins are from the 90's?

It was like example because all early and first albums are best how modern and nowdays dont give me doo emotions how 90ties
----

20.04.2008 - 17:01
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 07.12.2007 at 17:18

I only listened to "verokina decides to die" which was a very famous book here in Portugal at the time is was released (I never read it to be honest) and I thought the album was very good. It had the things I enjoy in doom albums: beautiful atmosphere and raw emotions in the musical creations and in the vocals. Besides matching lyrics are always a plus and then the songs speak for themselves.

Paulo Coelho was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil who has written Veronika Decides to Die (Veronika decide morrer) read the book if u didnt read.
20.04.2008 - 19:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 20.04.2008 at 17:01

Paulo Coelho was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil who has written Veronika Decides to Die (Veronika decide morrer) read the book if u didnt read.

I know, he is a very popular writer here, everyone reads him. I wanted to read the book but I have so many things to read now that its impossible. Maybe next year

You read it right?
----

My Instagram
20.04.2008 - 19:57
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 20.04.2008 at 19:41

I know, he is a very popular writer here, everyone reads him. I wanted to read the book but I have so many things to read now that its impossible. Maybe next year

You read it right?

yes ive read that and some other books of him, but if u read Philosophy and Theosophy (i have to say that we call Paulo Coelho's style : West's Theosophy-which is in our opinion sketchy ) before i dont recomend u to read his books Exept:The Alchemist. but if u didnt read Philosophy or Theosophy read them, they r good for start.

PS:I prefer to read Gabriel Garcia Marquez who writes Portuguese too,especially the book called :One Hundred Years of Solitude
20.04.2008 - 21:26
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by [user id=31891] on 20.04.2008 at 19:57

You read it right?

yes ive read that and some other books of him, but if u read Philosophy and Theosophy (i have to say that we call Paulo Coelho's style : West's Theosophy-which is in our opinion sketchy ) before i dont recomend u to read his books Exept:The Alchemist. but if u didnt read Philosophy or Theosophy read them, they r good for start.

PS:I prefer to read Gabriel Garcia Marquez who writes Portuguese too,especially the book called :One Hundred Years of Solitude

WHAT???????????

This post is an aberrhation in every possible literary sense...

Please avoid Coelho if you have a minimal self-respect... pure junk literature, self-help shit...

And Garcia Marques writing in Portuguese????? where the fuck did they teach you that??????

Saturnus are a decent band but sometimes their mellowness works on my nerves.
20.04.2008 - 21:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Will be seeing them live with

MAR DE GRISES

& Funeral

on May 9.

I wonder what they will be like live cause I am not too much of a fan although I don't mind them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.04.2008 - 21:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite

You read it right?

I never read Marquez although everyone says he's great, I usually don't go for literature in spanish. And I didnt know he wrote in portuguese.
And Llorca?

I'm more of an anglo american literature lover. Literature writen in Enlgish I should say. Besides portuguese, obviously.
----

My Instagram
21.04.2008 - 01:13
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 20.04.2008 at 21:53

You read it right?

I never read Marquez although everyone says he's great, I usually don't go for literature in spanish. And I didnt know he wrote in portuguese.
And Llorca?

I'm more of an anglo american literature lover. Literature writen in Enlgish I should say. Besides portuguese, obviously.

He never wrote in portuguese... the guy that said that was just confused...
21.04.2008 - 04:48
4look4rd
The Sasquatch

You read it right?

Book is not bad at all (I really enjoy it) but the album is so much better XD
----
21.04.2008 - 08:44
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5080] on 21.04.2008 at 01:13

Written by BloodTears on 20.04.2008 at 21:53

You read it right?

And Llorca?

He never wrote in portuguese... the guy that said that was just confused...

yeah u r write he writes spanish that was my mistake-but if u didn read the book i can say that its one of the most wonderful books ever!(One Hundred Years of Solitude)