Metal Storm logo
Cain's Offering - New Project Featuring Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, Stratovarius Members

Original news, posted on 13.04.2009

Guitarist Jani Liimatainen has revealed more info regarding his new project on his MySpace:

"I promised you I'd give you some info about what I've been working on lately (for a year now actually...). The info about the new lineup was released on this months Burrn!-magazine, so I think it's time to make it official here as well. My new band is called Cain's Offering, the official website will be up and running hopefully already next week and you can find the Myspace-site here."

"Cain's Offering are currently working on our debut album, "Gather The Faithful", which will hopefully come out by the end of the summer. The drums were recorded at Drumforest Studios last November/December, the bass at Astia Studios during February, the basic guitar tracks were laid down in the beginning of March at Studio 57, and last couple of weeks we've been camping out in the woods with Timo recording the lead vocals. We still have 2 more songs to record, but all in all things are going smoothly.

Unfortunately we cannot provide any songs or samples yet, but when we get there some will be uploaded here for your listening pleasure. In the meanwhile, those of you who like to listen a big man bang on his drums can check out this clip. It's our beloved Hurtsi rehearsing before we went to the studio to lay down the drum tracks. I think he begins with "Disciple" by Slayer, before launcing into "13th Disciple" (yes, he has some sense of humour), song that be included on "Gather The Faithful". A few other songtitles include "Stolen Waters", "More Than Friends" and "Morpheus In a Masquerade". That's about all the info I can give you at the moment, but be patient."

Cain's Offering are:

Vocals: Timo Kotipelto (Stratovarius)
Guitar: Jani Liimatainen (ex-Sonata Arctica, ex-Altaria)
Keyboards: Mikko Harkin (ex-Sonata Arctica)
Bass: Jukka Koskinen (Wintersun, Norther)
Drums: Jani "Hurtsi" Hurula

UPDATE (thanks to [user_id]22261[/user_id])

Cain's Offering have posted four new tracks off their forthcoming album "Gather The Faithful". Check them out here.

In the meantime, Cain's Offering signed with Frontiers Records for the release of "Gather the Faithful" in all territories outside of Asia and Japan. The release dates are August 27th in Europe and September 11th in the USA. The "Frontiers-version" will feature a red cover artwork, while the "Marquee/Avalon-version" will sport a blue one.

"Gather The Faithful" tracklisting:

01. My Queen Of Winter
02. More Than Friends
03. Oceans Of Regret
04. Gather The Faithful
05. Into The Blue
06. Dawn Of Solace
07. Thorn In My Side
08. Morpheus In A Masquerade
09. Stolen Waters
10. Tale Untold (Japanese bonus track)
11. Elegantly Broken

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Cain's Offering
Posted: 13.07.2009 by RhaegarTargaryen

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 225 users
13.04.2009 - 16:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Lol i wonder how this is going to sound
13.04.2009 - 16:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 16:18

Seeing form which bands the members come, a safe bet would be... CRAP
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.04.2009 - 16:27
tulkas
el parcero
@marcel: oh, come on man, it can't be bad. i actually expect something really good can out of this. hopefully!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
13.04.2009 - 16:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.04.2009 at 16:22

Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 16:18

Seeing form which bands the members come, a safe bet would be... CRAP

i don't know if it's gonna be crap or not, but it sure as hell will be EURO POP Power Metal
13.04.2009 - 20:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 16:36

it sure as hell will be EURO POP Power Metal

this means "something i have to listen to" in translation
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.04.2009 - 21:02
YoreLore
He should have joined Stratovarius. Hope this ones good anyway
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
13.04.2009 - 21:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 13.04.2009 at 20:40

..., so keep your opinions about music you don't listen to, to yourself.

Why do people always assume I don't listen to the music I don't like? How will I be able to judge music if I don't listen to it?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.04.2009 - 22:33
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Sounds promising to me
13.04.2009 - 22:48
tulkas
el parcero
Come on, man, don't get so sensitive about it. it's just opinions abut tastes, nothing else. i disagree with marcel, but i'm not getting all emo about it
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
13.04.2009 - 23:45
Fhuesc
Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't Jani jailed or something like that?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
13.04.2009 - 23:55
Odium
Come on, I don't like power metal...but at least is metal...
14.04.2009 - 00:14
kaos666
I guess the Wintersun bassist doesn't see Time coming out anytime soon so why not?
14.04.2009 - 00:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.04.2009 at 21:45

Written by Irritable Ted on 13.04.2009 at 20:40

..., so keep your opinions about music you don't listen to, to yourself.

Why do people always assume I don't listen to the music I don't like? How will I be able to judge music if I don't listen to it?

Not to worry, he just wants to give the illusion that every one loves power metal by trying to shut the nay-sayers up. Anyways, about the project - Well, its got a member from Wintersun so you just know its going to be heralded as genus. Secondly, how do I know this is going to be absolutely drowned in sugary synthesizers?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.04.2009 - 01:48
YoreLore
Written by Azrael on 13.04.2009 at 23:05

Written by Irritable Ted on 13.04.2009 at 22:41

Power metal, with high pitched vocals, guitar wankery, double bass drumming and dragons is what floats my boat, so please don't call my choices crap. Listening to my favorite songs still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, don't cheapen that feeling.

There are more about how silly is power metal you can found it here and
here .
For me it's worse than just CRAP.

Cradle Of Filth

That is all...
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
14.04.2009 - 02:29
Stratowarrior
I'm really looking forward to this band, it has some of my fav musicians!!!!yeah!!
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
14.04.2009 - 04:21
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I don't give any sort of fuck about this! I'm sure it will be mediocre at best.
----
Coldgrits
14.04.2009 - 07:12
Symmachus
This is something I will be open-minded too. I am looking forward to it.
14.04.2009 - 07:33
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
And I was wondering what the hell happened to Jani, well this answers my question. Well I've got split opinions, yeah, IMO Jani is an awesome guitarist, so let's hope that he is that good with songwriting and that stuff. About the other musicians, well, Mikko is very good in my opinion (way too cheesy, but good), then we have that guy from Wintersun, well, I'm not a big fan of Wintersun but surely he can do a great job, and about Kotipelto, mmm sometimes his voice pisses me off, but still I like him. So let's hope this won't be a bad album, I'm just sure that I'll enjoy listening again to a Jani's guitar solo!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
14.04.2009 - 09:49
Written by Ellrohir on 13.04.2009 at 20:20

Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 16:36

it sure as hell will be EURO POP Power Metal

this means "something i have to listen to" in translation

You're not the only one, buddy
14.04.2009 - 12:24
Enissa
Wow, that looks wonderful!
14.04.2009 - 14:47
Lord_Regnier
Seeing as Kotipelto is the singer, no thanks. I can't stand him at all nowadays.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
14.04.2009 - 20:38
necrovamp
Written by Lord_Regnier on 14.04.2009 at 14:47

Seeing as Kotipelto is the singer, no thanks. I can't stand him at all nowadays.

I have to agree, It sounded ok, untill i found out he was singing, sack him and get the guy from hammerfall.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
14.04.2009 - 22:48
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Seems interesting to me. I'll be checking it out
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
15.04.2009 - 01:01
Indeed I agree with Marcel looks to be crap. Timo's new album was pretty generic, and Sonata Arctica has gone downhill so I'm not sure what to predict about this one. But sure with the right combinations of presonalities it could be good.
----
Long live Metal
15.04.2009 - 07:47
kaylamacgavin
Hmm this is interesting but I don't expect anything great. I guess we'll have to wait in see.
15.04.2009 - 19:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hahaha this band is an amalgamation of all the members who were either kicked out or left their former band. except for jukka and hurtsi. but they dont count.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.04.2009 - 19:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 15.04.2009 at 19:41

except for jukka and hurtsi. but they dont count.

Why wouldn't they count? They consitute the rhythm without which you don't have a band. You can do away with the keyboard player or vocalist but never wth the bass player or drummer.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.04.2009 - 03:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.04.2009 at 19:45

Why wouldn't they count? They consitute the rhythm without which you don't have a band. You can do away with the keyboard player or vocalist but never wth the bass player or drummer.

i meant they jukka and hurtsi didnt walk out on or get kicked out of their bands. to my knowledge, jukka is still a part of wintersun and hurtsi still plays with whatever band he presently plays with. correct me if im wrong.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.04.2009 - 12:19
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
ROOOCCKKIINNG m/
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
13.05.2009 - 18:28
MeloDeathViking
This band definitly sound like it has potential, but on the other hand, it could also end up being very generic. I wish they would put up some demos or something on their myspace haha. Yeah, as much as I love power metal, I don't know if I can take more generic power metal from very talented muscians, so I hope they can make a sound of their own.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott

Hits total: 6678 | This month: 1