Metal Storm logo
Led Zeppelin

07.08.2006 - 14:28
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
One of the biggest, most successful, talented and original bands that have reached the "Legendary Status" is Led Zeppelin.

Formed in 1968, Bristish rockers Led Zeppelin didnt stick with just the traditional 'rock' theme that was being created around this era, they brought in other different musical elements including blues, reggae, soul, funk, Celtic, Indian, Arabic, and folk. The guitar works of Jimmy Page are some of my favourites and hes possibably one of my all time favourite guitarists for his originality and talent he does with the instument.

The death of drummer John Bonham in 1980 lead to an agrement for the band to disband after almost 25 years of solid original musical and artistic achievement and success, and have reported to have sold more the 300 million albums world wide... And one of the most important and influential bands in history to genres of rock and also metal.

So, whats you favourite albums/songs, what you like/dislike about them, the band members other band projects, etc. Open
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.08.2006 - 15:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't like this bands music so much, except some songs like Achilles Last Stand and Stairway to Heaven. But they do have my full respect since they've had such a big influence on the metal scene. My favourite album is Presence.
----
07.08.2006 - 16:06
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Forgot to add my little post about the band, opps :

Well i dont really have a favourite album as such, just favourite tracks from all Led Zeppelin's discography. Those tracks would be:
Whole Lotta Love - First track and video I heard/saw of the band as a kid, still love it when it comes on.
Since I've Been Loving You - Just a good long song with some good lyrics, just like it.
Kashmir - The riff that goes on this track and the strings behind it are so damn catchy, and its pretty much the same all the way through the song.
Stairway To Heaven - One of my favourite 'ballard' type songs. The solo in this is just wonderful and i specially like how the song starts off ballard like and picks up and the finish for a really good powerful ending.

There are more that I cant remember at the moment, so i'll add them later when ive gone back over them.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.08.2006 - 20:05
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Ah, zeppelin, one of my top bands! I remember that i listen zeppelin when i was a boy. I think everyody loves Stairway to heaven.
07.08.2006 - 21:24
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I've been a big fan of this band for over 25 years, my brothers played this band for long time and I began to like it

Favourite album: II

Favourite songs: I can't quit you baby
The lemon song
Since I've been loving you
When the levee breaks
D'yer Ma'ker
In my time of dying
Kashmir
...and so forth
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
11.08.2006 - 22:17
Edible Autopsy
Led Zeppelin have been my biggest influence musically. Heard them 11 years ago and still love them today.

Favourite album:
Houses of the Holy

Favourite songs:
No Quarter
Tangerine
Achilles Last Stand
Going to California
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Kashmir
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
12.08.2006 - 04:13
Freyya
I love Led Zeppelin..actually I'm trying to get all their albums because they're all awesome. This band has been a big influence for heavy metal and some other genres, and this is possible because they mixed different styles like rock, blues, folk and so on... umm and Bonzo was one of the greatest drummers ever! If Led Zep would've continued together as a group with other guy, maybe things would be different now (and not that good...or I don't know...)
Some of my fav songs are:

The Rain Song
No Quarter
Thank you
Babe I'm gonna leave you
D'yer mak'er
Stairway to heaven
Kashmir
Ten Years Gone
In my time of dying

Umm I also have listened "No Quarter: Page & Plant Unledded" is a beautiful record, the sound is espectacular..no comments
----
"Music was invented to confirm human loneliness"
12.08.2006 - 19:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I think they are very talented. Very influential as well. I'm getting to know they're work more now and I enjoy it.

Kashmir is one of the best songs i've ever heard. And my favourite so far.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.08.2006 - 12:25
Constantinos
No words neseccery in order to describe the best rock band ever. All members were talented and every album of them was like a book best seller. Long live Led Zeppelin
----
Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again, like the wind sweeps the earth
24.08.2006 - 11:44
Anathemani@c
Simply, the greatest rock band ever!!! I don't think that there is anyone that has something bad to say about them... They rule!!!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
24.08.2006 - 13:20
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Anathemani@c on 24.08.2006 at 11:44

Simply, the greatest rock band ever!!! I don't think that there is anyone that has something bad to say about them... They rule!!!

I can say something negative, how could Jimmy Page give permission to Puff Daddy (P. Diddy or what ever the hell he goes by) to use Kashmir in one of his songs ... and actually play on it!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
25.08.2006 - 01:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vinnie R. on 07.08.2006 at 20:05

Ah, zeppelin, one of my top bands! I remember that i listen zeppelin when i was a boy. I think everyody loves Stairway to heaven.

Me too
I dont know witch was firts band what I hera, but I know Led Zeppelin was firts of bands what I my father listen when I was some weeksold so Im use to loyd music
I hade some Vinyl records two and 4 tapes whit hem from 80ties
I like firts 4 led Zeppelin albums, its Clasic Zeppelin alos ''How The West Was Won'' 3 CD and some cover songs there and some blues too,and all 2 and 3tg CD are almoust cover versionsof so, I like them, and I cant choose witch are my fav aklbum of them, I like firts 4 and 'How.........................Won'' and Johm Bonam, he is one of my idild, because die from alcohol, I learn from him a lot of
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.08.2006 - 20:49
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
"Hey, isn't that Jimmy Page, one of the greatest thieves of the Afro-American music!"

Homer Simpson on Led Zeppelin lol
----
Christless
26.08.2006 - 10:29
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
^^ Haha, i knew someone would write that quote sometime soon
----

Hellcunt Smurf
29.08.2006 - 00:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Xtreme Jax on 26.08.2006 at 10:29

Its about me?
----

29.08.2006 - 04:41
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I often enjoy their music,however I do believe they tend to be overrated very much so.IMO there are many singers better than Rober Plant for example John Anderson of Yes.I also think there are many better guitarists than Page at the time such as Steve Howe of Yes,and Eric Clapton.But as I said I do like them,people just tend to overrate them.....
29.08.2006 - 05:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Bad English on 29.08.2006 at 00:33

Its about me?

No i wasnt laughing at what you said, I was laughing at what Darth Satanious quoted by Homer Simpson in one episode reguarding Jimmy Page :
----

Hellcunt Smurf
29.08.2006 - 08:01
Anthem
There is a reason this band wins "hands down" every greatest rock band pole ever made.

One may like or dislike Zeppelin but most people know a majority of zeppelin songs or have at least heard them.

Zeppelin grew from record to record and their sound never remained the same. Thats is what made them mystical.

Outside of Elvis and the Beatles there has never been a bigger more influencial band. Again it is not about whether you like them but the influence
they had was substantial!
----
I swear by my life and love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor shall I ask another to live for me.

John Galt
29.08.2006 - 12:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Xtreme Jax on 29.08.2006 at 05:57

Its about me?

No i wasnt laughing at what you said, I was laughing at what Darth Satanious quoted by Homer Simpson in one episode reguarding Jimmy Page :

Ok I see but WTF Simson has do whit Zeppelin, I remeber once thos school bus driver in simspsons say Led Zeppelin rules, but Homer Simpson, dont get a point of it
----

29.08.2006 - 15:05
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@ K7: You obvisiously dont know your Simpsons. In the episode where the Simpsons go to England... PM me if you need more help as this is a thread about Led Zeppelin ... one of the world BIGGEST bands EVER!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
13.09.2006 - 22:26
Illusionist
Account deleted

Its about me?

What episode was that?

Favourite album: Not sure

Favourite songs: Whole lotta love
Stairway to Heaven
When the levee breaks
the Immigrant song
That's the way
19.09.2006 - 21:04
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
Led Zeppelin are amazing ! my fav songs of theres are

" babe im gonna leave you "
" When the levees break "
" Immigrant song "
" Rock and Roll "
23.09.2006 - 22:39
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by [user id=16375] on 13.09.2006 at 22:26

Its about me?

What episode was that?

Favourite album: Not sure

Favourite songs: Whole lotta love
Stairway to Heaven
When the levee breaks
the Immigrant song
That's the way

The one Xtream Jax mentioned: when the Simpsons go to England. Homer Simpson goes up in an elevator for a reason I have already forgotten and he asks if that person he sees at the floor is Jimmy Page, then he says the above mentioned.
----
Christless
27.09.2006 - 23:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Why would anyone accuse jimmy page of Musical theft, I've heard this accusation many times and it offends me massively every time I hear it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
28.09.2006 - 01:33
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
As far as I know, it all comes from the Jimi Hendrix influence that bands such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, etc. had. Don't put too much thought about it for it is just a joke.
----
Christless
28.09.2006 - 03:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
That may be so, but it's
also a wide spread theory,
I've met people who hate Jimmy page
because of his supposed "Theft" of black
music, so I really wish I could hear someones
reasoning besides "He's a Thief."
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
14.10.2006 - 18:57
Unholy_Emperor
Led Zeppelin is just great, they are genius.

About the fact he's a thief or not, he uses a lot of structures of already done jazz songs, but most times he improves them.
22.10.2006 - 02:24
marillionfan
Account deleted
Led Zeppelin is one of THE greatest bands ever; one of my all time favourite bands, i have all their albums. Their music is great because they progressed with every album as it's been previously said and because they always tried to experiment and have new ideas in their music.
Listen to all albums, they're amazing. Also check out their BBC Sessions album and you'll see why their music is timeless.
27.10.2006 - 11:49
Freezer
They really rock(ed), now they are one of those "untouchable" bands, and I think they deserve to be one of them, an enormous contribution to rock music
edit: forgot to express my favourites :p
For the album there's a tie between I and IV, for the song... maybe Stairway to Heaven?
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
28.02.2007 - 14:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
what was the name of the song with the nice guitar riff at the intro and outro, then a 3-4 minute drum solo? i really really love that riff.
edit: found it. it's "moby dick"

though the original may not have that heavy stomping energy, immigrant song is a wondrous display of (i shit you not) early power metal.