Metal Storm logo
Forest Of Shadows

31.08.2006 - 11:40
Anathemani@c
Yesterday I downloaded their "Where dreams turn to dust" ep and I was really amazed by the atmosphere they achieve.. Funeral, atmospheric doom metal is their style.. Or that's how I would subscribe it.. If you know them, let me see what you think of them and what which alboum would you suggest me...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
31.08.2006 - 11:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I knoe thay has soem demos and one album, dont remeber name of it and band has moustly demos, so if you had chance get them try but it be hard and album, dunno, try dounloud it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.08.2006 - 19:35
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
"Departure" was my favourite Doom Metal album for a while, the extremely sad yet opressive atmosphere created is wonderful... The long songs are like a heavy suffocating burden over your shoulders... this thread made me remember that I hadn't listened to Forest Of Shadows since January...
02.09.2006 - 03:04
Damnated
Churchburner
They don't play funeral doom, nevertheless, it's a great band. Departure has such an almost unmatched atmosphere, I really like the acoustic guitars.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
02.09.2006 - 09:20
Crow_Princess
I love Forest Of Shadows...
You should download all the albums.. it's really worth it..

However Departure is not my favourite album... It doesn't sound like other albums..
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
02.09.2006 - 10:31
Valar
IndianSteel
I have only heard Departure and all the 5 tracks in the album are stunning, Sleeping Death being my favourite.

Have they released any more albums
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
02.09.2006 - 13:30
Damnated
Churchburner
Albums no, only demos
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.09.2006 - 21:56
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Written by Anathemani@c on 31.08.2006 at 11:40

Yesterday I downloaded their "Where dreams turn to dust" ep and I was really amazed by the atmosphere they achieve.. Funeral, atmospheric doom metal is their style.. Or that's how I would subscribe it.. If you know them, let me see what you think of them and what which alboum would you suggest me...

funeral doom?.. i dont think so...
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
05.09.2006 - 22:17
Crow_Princess
Written by VaronoZz on 04.09.2006 at 21:56

Written by Anathemani@c on 31.08.2006 at 11:40

funeral doom?.. i dont think so...

Yeap, I agree.... : It's just atmospheric doom metal... Not funeral.
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
23.09.2006 - 15:16
Kurzag
Account deleted
I have the Where Dreams Turn to Dust EP. It have this melancholic, but chill atmosphere. One of my favourite Doom bands actually.
23.09.2006 - 15:41
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
One of my favorite melodic doom/death metal bands, "where dreams turn to dust" is a diamond sparkling "in the midst of falling leaves, in a garden of endless grief". Niclas Frohagen's clean vocals are definitely devastating, heart-rending to the core, i definitely love them, they evoke an exceptional sence of solitude and mourning, whereas his deep grunts add a sense of soul-crushing intensity to the overall feeling! The addition of the flute and such in this EP was something utterly beautiful! Great stuff! "Departure" was a step forward for the sound of the band, keeping the distinctive elements of the sound of the band, yet progressing, taking off the folk-driven elements and adding some trip-hop parts here and there! All in all, Forest Of Shadows are great!

If you love FoS, you should check Ningizzia, it's the band Niclas of FoS formed along Stephane of Inborn Suffering (another melodic doom/death metal act that seems to my ears very very promising!), they play folk-driven doom/death metal, really good stuff!
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
23.09.2006 - 21:18
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
One of my favourite doom bands. I discovered Forest of Shadows on Metalstorm Radio and was immediately hooked. My favourite song is "Departure," it's the perfect ending to the album because it makes you want to listen all over again. I love how it picks up speed and is actually FAST at parts, all the pain and emotion of the album finally comes to a pinnacle. It's lovely...
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
24.09.2006 - 01:11
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I just received "Where Dreams Turn To Dust" and let me tell you that is even better than "Departure".... a subtle Doom Metal masterpiece.
24.09.2006 - 01:21
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
Written by [user id=5080] on 24.09.2006 at 01:11

I just received "Where Dreams Turn To Dust" and let me tell you that is even better than "Departure".... a subtle Doom Metal masterpiece.

I totally agree! Every single composition is a threnody to solitude itself! "Wish" has to be one of my favorite songs of all time, when i first listened to it.. it was like love by first sight
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
02.10.2006 - 23:02
Anathemani@c
Written by KwonVerge on 23.09.2006 at 15:41

One of my favorite melodic doom/death metal bands, "where dreams turn to dust" is a diamond sparkling "in the midst of falling leaves, in a garden of endless grief". Niclas Frohagen's clean vocals are definitely devastating, heart-rending to the core, i definitely love them, they evoke an exceptional sence of solitude and mourning, whereas his deep grunts add a sense of soul-crushing intensity to the overall feeling! The addition of the flute and such in this EP was something utterly beautiful! Great stuff! "Departure" was a step forward for the sound of the band, keeping the distinctive elements of the sound of the band, yet progressing, taking off the folk-driven elements and adding some trip-hop parts here and there! All in all, Forest Of Shadows are great!

If you love FoS, you should check Ningizzia, it's the band Niclas of FoS formed along Stephane of Inborn Suffering (another melodic doom/death metal act that seems to my ears very very promising!), they play folk-driven doom/death metal, really good stuff!

Thanks a lot for the add and for your suggestions!
----
Trapped in time
09.01.2007 - 05:43
Ivvas
i just heard "where dreams turn to dust" and it was great - i don't really like doom that much but these guys are really melancholic and the emotion really shows in this ep - i don't know how many EP's they have but i think i may start looking into them.
----
Music is like a treasure hunt
you go around the world looking for it scrapping the useless maps that lead you nowhere
then you finally find that spot and it's up to you to decide whether you wish to keep it to yourself
or share it with the world.
19.02.2007 - 11:44
Anathemani@c
Written by Ivvas on 09.01.2007 at 05:43

i just heard "where dreams turn to dust" and it was great - i don't really like doom that much but these guys are really melancholic and the emotion really shows in this ep - i don't know how many EP's they have but i think i may start looking into them.

I think they only do have one demo... And dude, look into them... I must addmit they have blown me away from the very first time
----
Trapped in time
19.02.2007 - 17:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I don't really like this band, don't know why. For some reason their songs bore me, while I definatly love (funeral) doom.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.02.2007 - 23:24
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by KwonVerge on 24.09.2006 at 01:21

Written by [user id=5080] on 24.09.2006 at 01:11

I totally agree! Every single composition is a threnody to solitude itself! "Wish" has to be one of my favorite songs of all time, when i first listened to it.. it was like love by first sight

I can't decide whether 'Where dreams turn to dust' or 'departure' is better as I consider them quite different. Whilst 'departure' is no doubt an oppressive masterpiece, 'where dreams...' is a lot more hypnotic and mellow I think. However, without a doubt 'Eternal Autumn' is my favourite doom track ever with heart wrenching sorrowful lyrics to boot!
----
This is an outrage...
05.04.2007 - 02:54
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 19.02.2007 at 17:55

I don't really like this band, don't know why. For some reason their songs bore me, while I definatly love (funeral) doom.

Forest Of Shadows are certainly NOT Funeral Doom... it's strange to see them labelled that way so often
04.04.2008 - 07:23
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Ah, just listening to the emotionally moving "Eternal Autumn." I remember first hearing this band a few years back and enjoying it very much. I fell asleep to 'When Dreams Turn To Dust' many nights and it still brings back memories, both haunting and joyful. There really is something to this music, not just a texture, but an underlying tortured existence that we all must face from time to time.
----
The force will be with you, always.
07.04.2008 - 21:01
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Anyone been able to access their site recently for an update on their new album? I checked last week and had a load of errors thrown out.
----
This is an outrage...
17.04.2008 - 13:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Tony Harrison on 07.04.2008 at 21:01

Anyone been able to access their site recently for an update on their new album? I checked last week and had a load of errors thrown out.

08/03/30 - six waves of woe
Finally, all the vocals have been recorded and I'm currently arranging it all to something nice. At the same time I'm finishing the final polishing and adding the last pieces to bring the songs together. I will soon start pre-mastering the songs while waiting for the details about the release, that when and how it all will happen. I'll let you all know as soon as it gets settled and also stay tuned for thoose teaser samples.

08/02/20 - six waves of woe
Just felt that I needed to let you all know that the album is still progressing. I have recorded most vocals but I guess there is still some work to do before I am satisified. One or two songs are near completion though so I might put up a teaser sample quite soon so stay tuned for that.

07/07/11 - six waves of woe
Having completed all the lyrics for the upcoming album I also gave it a name, or at least a working-title - "six waves of woe". More information about this can be found in the discography section where I will write about its progress from this day on until the release.
17.04.2008 - 14:23
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
first i have to say that if someone doesnt have "Where Dreams Turn To Dust-EP (2000)", find it and listen to "Eternal Autumn" cause its so much better than 2001 version.
then i can say that this album is one of my favorite albums since ive heard it at 2001. once of really depressing albums ive ever heard and i think that this is not a funeral doom metal they r dark metal as Niclas said in the official site:

Here you will find information about the swedish dark-metal band forest of shadows. If you don't find what you are looking or if you have any comments about the page then please drop me mail and let me know.

Cheers

// Niclas Frohagen

so its better to respect his words about his band
22.04.2008 - 12:28
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I like it , it's a geart band in doom . one of the best songs that I like that is " Eternal Autumn "
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
11.09.2008 - 18:07
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
really want to listen to their upcoming album
14.09.2008 - 17:59
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by [user id=31891] on 11.09.2008 at 18:07

There's the new album artwork and sample on their myspace page, just checked the blog as well and he's hoping for an autumn/winter release so not much longer to wait!
----
This is an outrage...
15.09.2008 - 11:01
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Tony Harrison on 14.09.2008 at 17:59

Written by [user id=31891] on 11.09.2008 at 18:07

There's the new album artwork and sample on their myspace page, just checked the blog as well and he's hoping for an autumn/winter release so not much longer to wait!

thank u much man i will check it.

PS: it sounds so great. i wish it will release in autumn not winter!!
15.09.2008 - 23:05
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Just wondered what happened to Niclas's other project, Ningizzia, but disappointed to see they split up which is a shame since Dolorous Novella was a decent album.
----
This is an outrage...
16.09.2008 - 00:47
Piro
Certainly one of my favorite doom metal bands! My first album that I listened to by him was Where Dreams Turn to Dust, and it's honestly some of the best doom metal ever. I'm definitely hyped about the new album.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>