Metal Storm logo
NFL

04.10.2006 - 06:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, instead of limiting our football talk to just the American Metalstormers thread, I decided to just make a topic about it so that everyone can be included.

My favorite football team is the Seahawks and my favorite player is either Lofa Tatupu or Ken Hamlin. My team got bitch slapped by the Bears recently, but we did suffer from significant injuries.

Anyways, who's your favorite team and player?

Who do you guys see going to the Superbowl this year? It's kinda hard to predict because if a key player gets an injury, the team is basically screwed. I think the Colts have a good chance of finally making it, and will either play the Seahawks or the Bears. I doubt that the Steelers will repeat this year because they haven't looked all that great. Well, I can only hope.
04.10.2006 - 23:11
Stigmatized
YES! Pyro, you are a God for making this thread!

Well, Carolina Panthers fan here. I've been a fan since I was young and we almost made it to the Super Bowl. I'm under the strong impression that Steve Smith is the best player I've ever seen play. Some other teams I like to watch play are the Raiders, Colts and the Lions (Barry Sanders is the greatese running back ever). Teams I despise are the Patriots, Packers and Buccaneers.

No clue about the Super Bowl yet, too early in the season. But, I have high hopes for the Panthers and I believe the Colts have a shot as well.
05.10.2006 - 01:53
Winter Death
Account deleted
Bears fan here. I occasionally spew my enthusiasm for this team in the shout box, which probably pisses a couple of you off. I'm going to make no claims that my team will go all the way this year, I will just support them one game at a time.
05.10.2006 - 02:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Stigmatized on 04.10.2006 at 23:11

(Barry Sanders is the greatest running back ever).

haha don't forget, he lost more yards than any running back either in team history or NFL history. However, he was great and I'm glad I never had to tackle him because that would be a hard task
05.10.2006 - 03:10
danzig111
Account deleted
NFL is actually widely viewed down here in The Bahamas. My dad is a huge Minnesota Vikings fanatic. But me, I don't like American Football at all, I'm into Soccer (Particularly EPL).

I have actually played American Football before though, I was blocker.....it was quite fun . Aw man my buddies and I used to play tackle football all the time at recess (in Junior High), but we weren't aloud to play Tackle-Football so whenever we spotted a teacher, we would haul ass . One time we all ran behind a building haha.
05.10.2006 - 03:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol yeah man, I used to do the same thing. We were caught sometimes though, and had the ball taken away

ahh, good times running away from the recess teacher...
05.10.2006 - 06:11
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I'm a Saints fan. I think it's going to be a good year for us...and we need it after Katrina. My favorite Saints player of all time would have to be Kyle Turley. I think the player I most enjoy watching highlights of is Dave Casper...probably because I also played tight end.

I think although Baltimore and Chicago are looking superb this year, the Colts are due for a Super Bowl. I love Tony Dungey (sp?) and would love to see him win after what happened with his son.
----
Brujerizmo!
05.10.2006 - 07:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm pretty surprised at the Saint's success. Their new QB is really stepping up his game and their offense looks better now than it has in a while. It will be interesting to see how Reggie Bush progresses this season.
05.10.2006 - 08:30
Winter Death
Account deleted
I was happy that the Saints crushed Atlanta at the home opener in NOLA. The city needed that one.
05.10.2006 - 18:54
Stigmatized
@pyroleprechaun- Very true. But when Sanders was at his best, he was unstoppable.

@danzig111- Same thing here. Did a lot of running from teachers. Then ended up having to play that two-hand touch bullshit.

@Winter Death- I depise the Falcons, particularly M. Vick, so I was also glad to see it.
05.10.2006 - 21:22
Konrad
Mormon Storm
@pyroleprechaun - The best thing for the Saints...other than this seasons ticket sales and the new superdome, was getting rid of two people. Haslett and Brooks. I don't quite think it's OUR year yet...but it's looking much better...we lost a pretty damn good game against Carolina...I was not disappointed in the least. Remember, part of being a Saints fan is taking everything with a grain of salt and having a good sense of humor...because they always find some way to fuck up :-D
----
Brujerizmo!
06.10.2006 - 02:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, was Brooks really the problem? I was under the impression that their offensive line wasn't very good. Do they pretty much have the same line this year as they've had in recent years?

I was also happy to see the Falcons lose because I can't stand Vick!
06.10.2006 - 17:52
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Dude...Brooks SUCKED. Look at him now...he's terrible. Not only that, ESPN rated him the number one rated overpaid player in the NFL. So, because they were paying him so much money, they couldn't afford to keep their tight end, kyle turley and either norman hand or willie roaf (one of them got hurt). So he was even seen as an indirect problem. Haslett, who made the decisions, deserves even more blame. Vick is a good athlete, I question his throwing abilities though. I know he can throw it far, but that's about it.
----
Brujerizmo!
07.10.2006 - 02:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, Brooks plays for the Raiders though. Even Peyton Manning wouldn't be able to look good on that team. Plus, Willie Roaf is old though and about to retire anyways. I don't think Brooks is that good, but with an average offensive line, his numbers would be significantly better.

Yeah, Vick is athletic and has a very inaccurate throwing arm. I was listening to some commentator (Chris Collinsworth?) and he said that he didn't care how low his completion percentage was or how few passing yards he attains. He said all that matters is that he wins games for the Falcons. I guess that's kinda true sometimes, but in general I think he's one of the weaker quarterbacks around. I'll admit that he hasn't had the greatest receivers, but I read boxscores for every game and he almost never throws for 200+ yards. It's pathetic.
07.10.2006 - 02:33
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I am a Chowd by birth (New Engander/Bostonian.. the slang name was derived from New England Clam Chowder) so the Patriots are my favorite team.

My favorite player would be Tedy Bruschi, a graduate of my alma mater. He was "Too Small" in college - ended up tying the NCAA Career sack record... was 'too small' to be a DL in the NFL, so when teh Tuna drafted him, he moved to LB. Learned to play all three LB positons. Works his ass off. His motto is "Full Tilt, Full Time" and he plays like it.

The guy who was "too small" has three Super Bowl rings with the Pats and was an integral component in all of them.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.10.2006 - 02:53
Konrad
Mormon Storm
@pyro - Vick also has some DAMN good receivers.
----
Brujerizmo!
07.10.2006 - 17:16
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 07.10.2006 at 02:00

Well, Brooks plays for the Raiders though. Even Peyton Manning wouldn't be able to look good on that team. Plus, Willie Roaf is old though and about to retire anyways. I don't think Brooks is that good, but with an average offensive line, his numbers would be significantly better.

Yeah, Vick is athletic and has a very inaccurate throwing arm. I was listening to some commentator (Chris Collinsworth?) and he said that he didn't care how low his completion percentage was or how few passing yards he attains. He said all that matters is that he wins games for the Falcons. I guess that's kinda true sometimes, but in general I think he's one of the weaker quarterbacks around. I'll admit that he hasn't had the greatest receivers, but I read boxscores for every game and he almost never throws for 200+ yards. It's pathetic.

Hey! Easy with that Raider talk!

Vick may be a good athlete, but that's it. He's never struck me as a good QB. He's always seemed concerned about how many running yards he can get. It seems like he's to busy showing off how fast he is to remember to pass.
08.10.2006 - 01:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
uh oh, looks like we have a Patriots fan... Bruschi is pretty cool though.

@Dream- I forgot you liked the Raiders
08.10.2006 - 04:10
Stigmatized
A Patriots fan indeed........slay him!

Yeah, I'm a Raiders fan......regardless of the fact that it looked like they threw the game in the Super Bowl against the Bucs...........or the fact that they have sucked hardcore since then.
08.10.2006 - 08:23
LethargyMan
You actually have at two Patriots fans in here. A proud Massachusettsian has to support his team! Anyway, just because our team is almost too awesome doesn't mean there ought to be any resentment.

As far as Tom Brady is concerned, he hasn't been doing too well so far, though. He's still damn good in the pocket, but he hasn't been producing much at all with his passes (You were born on the screen, Brady! Why do you keep doing your shitty long passes all the time now?! WHY?!). The sheer power of our running game this year (thank you Lawrence Maroni) has been the one of the few reasons we've been winning our games this season.

Favourite player? Well by the end of last year it was Mike Vanderjagt... and I suppose the player who messes up the Colts season this year will also become my favourite for 2006/2007.

But I'll also be rooting for the Eagles this season for all that bullshit they had with TO last year.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
08.10.2006 - 08:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
well, yeah! His two top receivers are gone. We have Branch
09.10.2006 - 05:27
Winter Death
Account deleted
Bears: 5-0. Almost another shutout.
09.10.2006 - 05:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I watched a lot of that game. Those guys never miss tackles.

I"m happy because the Steelers are losing...so far. Worthlessberger doesn't seem to be all that great this year.

Anyone watch the Eag'es/Cowboys game? T.O. wasn't able to beat his old team, but it was still a good game. McNabb was pretty impressive.
09.10.2006 - 11:30
Winter Death
Account deleted
T.0. is a piece of crap. I have no love for that asshole.
09.10.2006 - 16:25
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Another win for the Saints this week. This is definitely NOT the team to be a fan of if you have a heart condition. (and that's why I love em'!)
----
Brujerizmo!
09.10.2006 - 22:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Reggie Bush is reminding me of the Falcon's Warrick Dunn. Small, yet fast and good at catching.
10.10.2006 - 02:02
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 09.10.2006 at 05:54

Anyone watch the Eag'es/Cowboys game? T.O. wasn't able to beat his old team, but it was still a good game. McNabb was pretty impressive.

I didn't watch all of it, but the parts I saw.....McNabb was playing really bad.
10.10.2006 - 02:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol I didn't see it all either, but the parts I saw were him completing really long passes and touchdowns.
10.10.2006 - 02:10
Stigmatized
Well.....shit.

So what do you think? Bears are the best team in the NFL right now?
10.10.2006 - 02:13
Winter Death
Account deleted
Damn right.