Metal Storm logo
Pearl Jam

22.05.2006 - 06:20
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Well i just wanted to know if theres any Pearl Jam fan around MS?
favorite songs?? favorite albums?
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
22.05.2006 - 12:11
MetalGoddess
Yeah...I'm a Pearl Jam fan kinda ...they were my first favourite band ever ...I was about 10 then my favourite album must be Ten ...but I have many songs I like : jeremy, alive, wishlist, brain of j, do the evolution, no wa, why go..ETC
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
23.05.2006 - 11:28
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I've just bought the new Pearl Jam album - has anyone else got it?

I've always liked them but for some reason this is the first album I have bought.
Recommendations ?

The song I play mot on repeat on the new album is 'Come Back'
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
23.05.2006 - 12:47
Eternal Flames
Was a much bigger fan a few years ago, although I still love these guys. Favourite album would definitely have to be Ten. Eddie Vedder is a great vocalist. I haven't heard their new album, although I didn't like their newer stuff very much. I've heard that with the new album is rather reminiscent of their early grundge days, so I have a feeling it is much better than their most recent stuff, but I'm yet to hear it. But yes, Pearl Jam are a great band.
26.05.2006 - 01:47
Daru Jericho
They're one of the very few bands from the grunge genre that I enjoy. Ten is probably my favourite album too. I like a lot of the messages in their lyrics, such as in songs like 'Jeremy' and 'Even Flow'.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

26.05.2006 - 12:12
Bankler
Account deleted
Pearl Jam and Nirvana, my favorite Grunge bands. Well Pearl Jams best song have to be: I´m Still Alive!
26.05.2006 - 16:45
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Pear Jam rocks but older album r much better then those lately like Binaural, Riot Act , i dind't liekd those albums, but i heard new Pearl Jam album is way better and harder i must get it soon
my fav is TEN and fav song Alive, Spin the Black Cirlce, Bugs , do The Evolution etc.........
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
27.05.2006 - 19:28
Dr Ikari
Account deleted
I'm a HUGE PJ fan...I own almost all their albums plus some extra-stuff and today I'm gonna buy their new album...There is something about PJ music and lyrics that manages to carve inside my mind and my heart and Eddie's voice can be beautifully sad and extremely rocker...Mike McCready makes some beautiful solos while Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament keep the pace of the rhythm...and Matt Cameron? Hell, what a musician.

Pearl Jam is definitely one of the best Grunge and Rock bands ever.
29.05.2006 - 20:37
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i heard a new singel from new james album world wide something but it surpised me it sounds great i hope whole album is in same mood like that single , i can wait to get full album
----
Erno Paasilinna
31.05.2006 - 21:52
Damnated
Churchburner
Good band, have their lats album, didn't listen to it though What I like about this band is, that they managed to stay original and not to integrate in the mainstream music scene, didn't broke up after the death of grunge, and still, they released an album in the last year.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
16.06.2006 - 02:21
Xx-Celtic_Frost
Account deleted
Hands down my favorite band I love these guys so much went to one of their concers not long ago very amazing. Eddie has such an amazing voice prob one the best in the whole music industry and the most original, also he is an amzing lyrcist writeing songs like Jeremy talking about a child takeing a gun to school and shooting himself wow very deep, and song like Alive just finding out that you dad for 14 years isn't really your dad very depressing. And that is just on the first album.

This band IMO is right up there with the Stones and Zepplin and the Beatles that is how much of an effect they had on me.

My fav songs are-Black, Even Flow, Alive, Jeremy, Last Kiss, Fatal, Yellow Ledbetter, Garden, Once, Why Go, Daughter, Better Man, Man of the Hour, Spin the Black Circle, Driftin, Not for You, State of Love and Trust, Hail Hail, I am Mine, Nothing Man, Off he goes, Wishlist, Dissedent, and their new Single World Wide Suicide.
16.06.2006 - 12:59
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Life wasted is my fav song at the album, and i msut admit that i was suprised with new album, well after such lamme albums like no code binaural and Riot Act comes Pearl Jam that relaly sometimes reminds me on old days of VS Vitalogy and Ten when PJ was greatest grunge band
----
Erno Paasilinna
04.07.2006 - 21:22
nick35
Account deleted
they were at millwaukee summerfest on june 30th. my favorite song is even flow. the albums yield and binural sucked. eddie vedder rocks and he always will
17.08.2006 - 09:52
Silvia
Account deleted
I am looking forward to see PJ next week. Their new record is one of the suprises of 2006 for me;) Also I am curious how they will sound on stage. Shame that the venue is not that well.
Vedder is one of those artists who doesn't take the easy way out. I think we can say that PJ still growing and trying to challenge themselves.
04.09.2006 - 21:03
Silvia
Account deleted
Great setlist in Arnhem: they still can play some great music, very good sound also...
so I am confinced lol
04.09.2006 - 21:14
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i only have the 'ten' and 'yield' albums. id probably say i preferred yield but they're both great.

don't really understand why this would be considered grunge unless the other albums are different.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
07.09.2006 - 15:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=14367] on 04.09.2006 at 21:03

Great setlist in Arnhem: they still can play some great music, very good sound also...
so I am confinced lol

I agree

Even in begining when I hear ''new'' Pearl Jam I didnt like it
I still like old Pearl Jam and ''tample Of Dog'' project of Sietla grunge bands but still in last year I just listen Pearl Jam diferent songs, from diferent albums, and in start like new mterial of them, and i got fieling lyricaly and some musical stuff thay taken from Donavan dunno but seems I start like new Pearl jam better how old, only if thay didnt cut hair mybe Im bored of old Pearl jam songs what thay play on radio
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.09.2006 - 00:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
They played here two days ago I think and according to some of my friends they stil are in a good shape. they rock absolutely
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.09.2006 - 04:19
Bitch Boy
Great band. My favorite song is Black and my favorite album is Ten. Once I had the opportunity to see them live and they're enjoyable.
15.07.2007 - 19:35
Cah
My favorite songs are "black and last kiss" .
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
19.07.2007 - 18:56
Falco
Account deleted
Firstly, Pearl Jam are not grunge

They are a pretty great band, favourite album is probably Ten, or maybe Binaural... As far as favourite songs go; Black, Go, Rats, Rearviewmirror, Corduroy, Betterman and Love Boat Captain are all up there.

I saw them about 3 weeks ago at Werchter, and they were awesome, although they played none of those songs I listed above (haha) but still they ruled. The only band I've seen better than them is Metallica, 2 days later.
20.07.2007 - 07:57
Edible Autopsy
I used to be a huge Pearl Jam fan but it's kinda died in the last few years. Their new album was a bit of a let down. Ten would have to be my favourite album. But my favourite song would have to be "Daughter". Dunno why. I just love that song.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
02.08.2007 - 23:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
It was my brother that made me listen to "ten" and I was hooked. I have every album except the self-titled. I even had the live album they released in Portugal which is one great sonic experience.
----

My Instagram
05.08.2007 - 07:03
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
My mom has all studio albums + Lost Dogs comp. I've only listened to Ten fully and it's great. I'll have to give their others a listen to sometime soon. Seen them live in 03 too, very good show.
05.08.2007 - 19:31
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
I don't know them at all, I've just heard their name from time to time. I just found this thread and watched the Worldwide Suicide video on youtube, I really liked the song and I'd like to get into them, so is there anything you would recommend listening to first?
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
06.08.2007 - 17:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I would go for ten. Its amazing.
----

My Instagram
06.08.2007 - 21:27
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Ok, thanks I'll drop a line here after listening to it ^^
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
21.08.2007 - 15:29
vusza
Not as hard as Alice In Chains, but one of the best grunge bands nonetheless, way better than Nirvana. Eddie Vedder makes the perfect example that grunge can have a quality side to it, since he has an impressive voice, and he's a multi-instrumentalist.
@ Aylee_Bodom: Yeah, I'd recommend 'Ten' too, it's a classic. You should try 'Binaural' too.
P.s.: Drop that line already.
----
No guts, no glory.
22.09.2007 - 22:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
My Pearl Jam's favourite song is undoubtedly "Yellow Ledbetter". That guitar sound does it for me...
----

My Instagram
29.09.2007 - 14:59
MetalFang
Account deleted
I enjoy listening to them, but i only own one of there albums, Ten, but its a really good album.