Metal Storm logo
Discuss the last documentary movie you saw

10.04.2007 - 14:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since heer are treads about movies, I decide to open new one about documentaries

Ok I was watching nice and interesting movie about some national park in South Bulgaria near Greece border and also about area, nature, mountains, animals and thinks like that, hahah I also saw wineyards and Bulgarian wine,
Balkans realy are last part in Europe where nature are ancient and like those days when eart was young, ppl still looks likie in 19th century, no sign of civilisation, awsomke movie!
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.04.2007 - 14:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
I watch all documentaries on History channel, some of them are awesome. They animate all episodes so you can actually see, their vision!, of those happenings. The best episode was about Celts, they show us everything, from their style of clothing to thier culture, traditions... awesome.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.04.2007 - 14:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 10.04.2007 at 14:32

I watch all documentaries on History channel, some of them are awesome. They animate all episodes so you can actually see, their vision!, of those happenings. The best episode was about Celts, they show us everything, from their style of clothing to thier culture, traditions... awesome.

I donmt like discovery because I prerfere Das Ersts, ARD, 3Sat and those whole FTa german channles, thay show awsome documentaries, realy man awsome and about themes what Discovery never will show also I watch Rai3 'Geo n Geo' but Discovery, Travel and History channels I watch them too sometimes
----

10.04.2007 - 16:40
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well i also watched many of those docu. movies tones of them at National Geography Channel, but dunno wich one was last or about it was ,
oh i memeber now it was Documentary about Legendary Rock Albums (metal band sincluded too) it was movie about Maiden's The Nomber Of The BEast
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
10.04.2007 - 17:10
APOHAKC
The Bard
@K7 - Who ever mentioned discovery?
----
10.04.2007 - 17:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 10.04.2007 at 17:10

Hostory, Discovery its same but sometime sthere are good movies
BTW Slovenian TV2 shows good documentaries sometimes
----

10.04.2007 - 20:07
Baz Anderson
Staff
well I dont know about the last documentary I saw.. but if you live in England or have Channel 4.. watch it tonight at 21:00 - Saxon are going to be on as part of a documentary.. it is what the 'secret show' I saw them at last year was about!!
hopefully someone is going to record it and upload it onto the internet and then you cann all see it (and possibly me!)
10.04.2007 - 20:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 10.04.2007 at 20:07

well I dont know about the last documentary I saw.. but if you live in England or have Channel 4.. watch it tonight at 21:00 - Saxon are going to be on as part of a documentary.. it is what the 'secret show' I saw them at last year was about!!
hopefully someone is going to record it and upload it onto the internet and then you cann all see it (and possibly me!)

Channel 4 hmmm sometimes i hat UK tv system, man BBC good statipns and BBC radio Walles, Scotland, Ulsetr its not psoible hear outside Uk even whit big Sataliet Disch in France and damn some radio ak me in i-net reginal code arggg
----

10.04.2007 - 21:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Bad English on 10.04.2007 at 17:31

I don't even have TV man, I watch everything on my PC, I dn't need TV, who will catch all those channels you are suggesting...
----
10.04.2007 - 21:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 10.04.2007 at 21:36

Written by Bad English on 10.04.2007 at 17:31

I don't even have TV man, I watch everything on my PC, I dn't need TV, who will catch all those channels you are suggesting...

Man I know its posible, but I prefere old way, watching TV I hate watch movies in PC
----

11.04.2007 - 18:58
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well i saw last night some document, movie, about Chines Culture revolution and mao Ce Tung
intresint to see that youth had so many power thr, given by Ce Tung
----
Erno Paasilinna
14.04.2007 - 21:39
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
I saw the movie War Photographer a documentary about photo journalist James Nachtwey.

Nachtwey is a major photojournalist who job description is really to photography human tragedy be it war, poverty, or genocide Nachtwey goes out to photograph it.

It was just unbeliveable to see such horrible things happen to so many people in so many areas of the world. The poverty in Indonesia was one of the most moving pieces of the film. It's horrible to see people sleep between traintracks and crawl through garbage dumps to acquire subsistence.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
14.04.2007 - 23:32
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I don't know if this counts, since all the others in this thread have mentioned some rather serious documentaries, but anyway, I watched a documentary about a gay couple who wanted to have a child. The searched for a woman to carry their baby and found one. She was a somewhat weird person who thought she was some sort of a witch or something... The documentary ended with the couple getting a daughter and actually even a second daughter a bit over a year after the birth of the first one. I found that documentary rather interesting.
----
You'll never walk alone.
15.04.2007 - 23:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw documentary about how ppl live in Kirkiztan and Tagikistan, asoem, awsome, thinks ahsnt changed jet since medleages, same ppl same jobs, awsome life and awsoem food
----

16.04.2007 - 01:14
Deus Ex Machina
The last documentary i saw was about Japan and how the older generation there(well..obviously not all of them but it's big enough of a problem since they made a documentary of it)has communication problems.It seems that the women who were housewives their whole life while just the husbands worked developed a "disgust" so to say,towards their husbands.Because it seems that they have worked so much their whole lives that they were barely home,and have no meaningful relationships with their wives or children.So the wives developed lives that don't include their husbands,and the husbands did the same thing,and a lot of them just wont get divorced because..well..you know how some people who are more traditional are.Well anyway so these are people who never learned to live with each other and the problem comes when the husbands retire.The wives don't want them there cause they were used too them working too much and spending time with friends and not wives.Now women don't want them home.And the documentary showed different women and how they dealed with those situations.

I have to say,i kind of do understand the wives because seriously these were men that were never home and worked too too much.All they were for was to bring money.That was it.And of course it's now like this because you can't practically ignore your wife all your life and expect her to be happy that your home now when youre both old and have nothing in common.
But on the other side,i do feel for the husbands too because these are men that worked hard all their lives.Maybe they even wanted to spend more time at home at times,i don't know.It's very hard for me to understand how it all happened and how they let it get this far.But it is common knowledge that in Japan work is very important,to some more important than family.
It's really sad how that happens.And while watching it i felt for both sides.The documentary was so very good.
17.04.2007 - 21:31
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Bad English on 15.04.2007 at 23:16

I saw documentary about how ppl live in Kirkiztan and Tagikistan, asoem, awsome, thinks ahsnt changed jet since medleages, same ppl same jobs, awsome life and awsoem food

move there dude, im sure u'll have happy life
----
Erno Paasilinna
17.04.2007 - 21:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by EddieGunner on 17.04.2007 at 21:31

Written by Bad English on 15.04.2007 at 23:16

move there dude, im sure u'll have happy life

hahah no i-net no beautifull girsl and metalheads ok I acn survive whit i-net and meatla nd booze but still I better go to Balkans
----

17.04.2007 - 21:56
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah Balkan is ur promise land, if that is posible lol
----
Erno Paasilinna
18.04.2007 - 17:47
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Yesterday I watched a documetary about a 7-year-old girl who had never eaten a thing in her whole life. She was born with separate esophagus and stomach, and they had to be connected in a surgery when she was just a couple of days old. After that she was fed through a tube straight to her stomach.

She refused to even try to swallow any food. Her mum was desperate and took her to an Austrian clinic, where they taught kids to eat through starvation and "food-dates". For 15 days that girl received no nutrition. Neither through the tube, nor by swallowing any "solid" food. She only learnt to sip small amounts of water in order to stay alive.

Then the doctors told her she wouldn't be allowed to drink water anymore, so she had to start drinking juices and milkshakes. She was the first kid in the history of the clinic, who didn't learn to eat during her 3-week treatment period. The doctors were hopeless and ran through a series of tests to make sure there was no reason why the girl couldn't swallow. They found out that the reason was psychological. The girl proved to be autistic, so that's why she didn't learn from the other kids during the "food-dates".

In the end, the girl managed to start licking different types of food, like chips and pepperoni slices. She stayed alive by drinking energy drinks and smoothies. Her mum believed it'd only be a matter of time, when she'd start to take bites of those chips, not just lick them.

The documentary was quite touching. I really hope that girl finally learnt to eat solid food. Too bad the documentary didn't tell, if she did.
----
You'll never walk alone.
22.04.2007 - 22:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw some nice movie about archeology in Nortden Finland and wild life there
Nice landscapes and rain dears , good movie wery good but damn whole movie was in swedish, finish so
----

12.05.2007 - 13:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
It was about Swiss railways damn it was so beautifull landscapes when ppl go by train, awsome damn I miss such documentarie sthay shood be more offen awsome, awsome
----

22.05.2007 - 19:27
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Last week I watched a documentary about a girl living in the USA, Texas in some religious area, the name of which I can't remember. Anyway, she wanted her school to start teaching sex education, because of the high teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease rates. She and some other teenagers tried to get the city authorities on their side, but unfortunately those authorities were conservative and religious. There was some priest who said that condoms aren't 100% safe, so no one should use them. He also said that one can get herpes and other sexually transmitted diseases already when shaking hands with someone and that homosexuality is a sin. The documentary never revealed, whether they got sex education in their schools, but judging buy that priest's opinion, they didn't.
----
You'll never walk alone.
30.05.2007 - 11:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw about Nordic Greman and Scandianvian churchies and early cristianity when pagan and cristainic traditiosn mix and ppl belive to something old too damn also there was whown Latvia/Estonia and actualy I saw place where i live in TV faken great
Damn Greman has best doc chanels in world
----

02.06.2007 - 08:33
Gothya
i'm actually pretty fan of those good documentaries; i love to watch discovery, history, national geographic, biography, travel channels, and specially the ones wich shows everything 'bout wild life, i love nature; i really care when they show the daily life of the lions in africa, it's pretty sad they suffer so much searching for food, although i wouldnt like being there in front of them by myself ; i also like those docus that also shows the life of people living in the deserts, like the arabian deserts or ethiopian ones, where it's really hard to survive even for the fauna; and what about landscapes, seascapes, simply awesome seeing there's still paradises on the earth, beautiful natural places that without sounding tedious, people (or i gotta say 'we') shouldnt try to destroy them
it is nice watch that things and learn of it; very interesting stuff

oh, btw, the last doc i saw, was the 'bout hyenas life; i personally dont like 'cause they look like disgustin'; but it's curius to know how they care about each other, when one of them is sick, the others get the food for it; the female hyenas take care and feed all the cubs no matter if they're their own ones; they help each other and that's why they dont suffer so much as the lions; hyenas are on of the best animal societies in the animal kindom; ... (cool...)
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
06.06.2007 - 21:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
the last one was "an inconvenient truth", quite disturbing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.06.2007 - 23:40
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by BloodTears on 06.06.2007 at 21:56

the last one was "an inconvenient truth", quite disturbing.

damn i wanna find this one, this AL gor's movie right?
----
Erno Paasilinna
07.06.2007 - 21:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
yes it is. i recommend it although there are some dispensable parts.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.06.2007 - 11:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw about Polish football hools and live style of them and also about organis ecrimes and gang life in Poland, even movie was in german better dont go there to football because skins who has more musles and powr how I dunno can nock you out
----

15.06.2007 - 14:14
Sunioj
You guys should see the documentary Orphaned land when they played in Turkey. Its about how its their first time playing in a muslim country and they talk about how alot of their fans are muslims from nations that hate Israel and likewise. The documentarys main plot is how music brings people together no matter what national, religious, and political orientation they are. It meant alot to me, because its a glimpse of hope that maybe, just maybe people in the middleast can get along through the universal language - music.

I also saw this documentary following the Gay parade in jerusalem and its differrent participaters relating to the beauracracy of Israel and the religious bias imposed against them in Israel. Its in hebrew but its very touching, for instance one of the main guys in the doc is a person I know in real life who has been stabbed by religous people for being gay and he gives a very powerful speech towards the end basically shaming the religious community, olmert, and the government for undermining them and humiliating them.
18.06.2007 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw about Hells Angels in Sweden damn it was awsome great memories from nordic Sweden if you had ride by A4 hightway then you always will remeber landscapes and Is aw hwo thay ride there near Umea and it give sme memories hat Is aw 3-4 years ago in same higway damn I wanna return there
----