Metal Storm logo
The Sex Pistols

25.05.2006 - 01:59
Schlackass
Account deleted
Anyone like The Sex Pistols? What do you think about them, and what are your favourite songs? Why do you like/dislike them? Have any of you seen "The Filth And The Fury"?

Everything about The Sex Pistols can be discussed here.
25.05.2006 - 05:40
Alfonso
I love them. They blew me away from the first chords of "Holidays in the Sun", which I first heard when I was 15 years old, and they pretty much singlehandedly made me dive deep down in the punk scene... "Never Mind the Bollocks" is one of those albums that everyone in this world should have. I'm a lazy sod!
----
25.05.2006 - 18:52
adorina
Account deleted
I absolutely love the band. The song that really gets me in a good mood is Friggin´ In The Riggin´, it is just so silly and fun. Maybe one of the reasons I like the band is that even though their skills were questionable, they still made it and became a legend. Sex Pistols have such immense energy in their songs and also a strong message for those willing to see it.
27.05.2006 - 23:24
fire101
Account deleted
I love the Sex Pistols. know they were going to be inducted into the hall of fame. Theys ent a letter back to them that basically said FUCK OFF ASSHOLES. That is awesome.
01.06.2006 - 09:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I like the Sex Pistols although they are an early form of a boyband. Brought together by Malcolm McLaren who bumped into the guys seperately in punk fashion stores on King's Road in London. Sid Vicious never ever managed to play one single note on his bass. I can't remember who but one of the other band members or a guy from outside used to play Sid's bass parts on the albums and if I remember correctly Sid playbacked along to a tape when performing live.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.06.2006 - 20:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Oz, I believe you are correct regarding the Bass tracks. Glen Matlock was the original Sex Pistols bassist and it's his bass on "Anarchy", while guitarist Steve Jones laid down the rest of the tracks. And the core of the band had already existed under another name prior to meeting Malcolm. Johnny Rotten was introduced to them through Malcolm.

I wouldn't exactly call them a 'boy band', as the name conjures images of horribly safe and boring pop music...

And regardless as to their origin, I still think "Never Mind the Bollocks" is an awesome album. I love the power and the attitude - especially given that it comes through so incredibly bombastic and harsh, but isn't particularly fast.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.06.2006 - 03:26
Schlackass
Account deleted
I also love The Sex Pistols. They didn't last long, but had nevertheless a huge impact on people. They were great. So provocative, so original.
It's hard to choose my favourite songs, but I think my favourites for the moment is "Bodies" and "Pretty Vacant". But it changes all the time..

I would like to recommend "The Filth And The Fury" to everyone who is in search of a great movie. Really gives you a look on the inside of The Sex Pistols.
10.06.2006 - 08:49
TheKreator
Account deleted
yup...nice band..i'm not really that much into punk, but The Sex Pistols deserve at leats one listening..Anarchy in the UK was first song i listened to in a rock club in my city...but my favs are Friggin in the riggin and My way
10.07.2006 - 23:26
nick35
Account deleted
only heard two song anarchy in the u.k. and god save the queen. from what i heard they were pretty good but punk is my kind of music
12.07.2006 - 17:33
Schlackass
Account deleted
Written by [user id=14624] on 10.07.2006 at 23:26

only heard two song anarchy in the u.k. and god save the queen. from what i heard they were pretty good but punk is my kind of music

I recommend that you check out the other songs to. The Sex Pistols are truely great.
13.07.2006 - 02:46
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The Sex Pistols are a pretty sloppy band musically but they are still so effective...no punk band could ever top them ever...they were it pretty much...the agression, the attitude, everything...quite a storied band...legendary...
13.07.2006 - 09:15
Daniel
The singer sucks,although he,and the rest of the punkers did blow people's minds,they made a BIG impact and will always be in rock/punk history
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
13.07.2006 - 17:12
Schlackass
Account deleted
Written by Daniel on 13.07.2006 at 09:15

The singer sucks,although he,and the rest of the punkers did blow people's minds,they made a BIG impact and will always be in rock/punk history

Johnny Rotten sucks? What the hell are you talking about? He's a genius! Could you give some reasons or something to tell us why you think he sucks?
14.07.2006 - 03:27
Daniel
Because he can't sing for shit,He was 'In your face' but seriously,he couldnt sing for his life,listen to that song,anarchy in the uk ,i think its called,he sucks bad,maybe thats how he wanted to sound? i dunno,but i just don't think he can sing,
----
14.07.2006 - 05:44
Alfonso
Fired from rock.
----
14.07.2006 - 06:01
Daniel
Written by Alfonso on 14.07.2006 at 05:44

Fired from rock.

----
15.07.2006 - 00:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Daniel on 14.07.2006 at 03:27

Because he can't sing for shit,He was 'In your face' but seriously,he couldnt sing for his life,listen to that song,anarchy in the uk ,i think its called,he sucks bad,maybe thats how he wanted to sound? i dunno,but i just don't think he can sing,

It's not a question of whether or not he can carry a tune, the job of the front man in a punk band was entirely about the attitude, and he nailed it. He might not be Pavoratti behind the microphone, but his combination of arrogance, venom, and "middle finger" was the perfect delivery for the band.

Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys, Keith Morris of the Circle Jerks and Black Flag, and Rollins of Black Flag are all terrible 'singers' in the "can they carry a tune" context - but all fit brilliantly within the context of their music.

By that same token, I bet you I can name two dozen death metal and black metal vocalists who can't carry a tune before you can name three who do... yet, as with Johnny Rotten and other punk pioneering vocalists, their growling or demonic shrieking fit their music better than some Berkeley School of Music grad ever could.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.07.2006 - 02:43
Daniel
Written by BitterCOld on 15.07.2006 at 00:36

It's not a question of whether or not he can carry a tune, the job of the front man in a punk band was entirely about the attitude, and he nailed it. He might not be Pavoratti behind the microphone, but his combination of arrogance, venom, and "middle finger" was the perfect delivery for the band.

Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys, Keith Morris of the Circle Jerks and Black Flag, and Rollins of Black Flag are all terrible 'singers' in the "can they carry a tune" context - but all fit brilliantly within the context of their music.

By that same token, I bet you I can name two dozen death metal and black metal vocalists who can't carry a tune before you can name three who do... yet, as with Johnny Rotten and other punk pioneering vocalists, their growling or demonic shrieking fit their music better than some Berkeley School of Music grad ever could.

That was so good I think I shall cry............
----
15.07.2006 - 18:26
Schlackass
Account deleted
Written by Daniel on 15.07.2006 at 02:43

Written by BitterCOld on 15.07.2006 at 00:36

That was so good I think I shall cry............

That's exactly what I mean Bitter COld. The Sex Pistols only choose Rotten because of his attitude and style, and his voice is a perfect match with the band. And when Beverage said he sucks, I just got mad. Johhny Rotten is a fuckin genius. He took on all of England. But I think even Beverage understands now..
16.07.2006 - 10:38
Daniel
Sure do,It was kinda a statement they were sending with Rotten no?
----
19.07.2006 - 12:50
Schlackass
Account deleted
Written by Daniel on 16.07.2006 at 10:38

Sure do,It was kinda a statement they were sending with Rotten no?

They just liked his style really. When Rotten first sang for the rest of the band, he went crazy, jumping around and screaming. The band got so amazed with his performance, and he was in. You could call it a statement, and also it was to provoke and surprise, being the singer Rotten is..
20.07.2006 - 08:59
Daniel
Ah ok..........
----
27.07.2006 - 00:36
Edible Autopsy
The Sex Pistols are one of my favourite punk bands. Everything they did pissed people off. My favourite song/s would be: "Seventeen", "No Feelings" and "Anarchy In The UK". The Pistols are one band that shows you don't need talent to make it big time.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
20.02.2007 - 23:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.06.2006 at 09:42

I like the Sex Pistols although they are an early form of a boyband. Brought together by Malcolm McLaren who bumped into the guys seperately in punk fashion stores on King's Road in London. Sid Vicious never ever managed to play one single note on his bass. I can't remember who but one of the other band members or a guy from outside used to play Sid's bass parts on the albums and if I remember correctly Sid playbacked along to a tape when performing live.

I hear the same, and I hear it was Lemmy who play in studio bass guitar, but in live

Hhaha I remeber I was young hmm 10 years old and I saw movie Sid and Nancy
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.03.2007 - 23:39
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Wow. Didnt think I'd find any punk on this site. Anyway, I really like this band. Opened the doors for some other bands as well.
02.04.2007 - 00:27
Dark Light
Account deleted
I have heard many from many that they're good, but I can't make myself like it.. it's just too simple.. I don't know what words to use.. but (sadly) the sex pistols have not got any place in my life...
18.09.2007 - 19:50
?Master?
Account deleted
love em
yea theyre not that talented rotten and sid vicious arent the best singer/bassist
but they have a cool sound to em
and i love when megadeth covered anarchy in the u.K.
18.09.2007 - 20:05
Baz Anderson
Staff
I posted in the shoutbox, but I didn't mention in here - they are reuniting for one night at some place in London..
anyone who really wants to see them should look into it, I wouldn't mind going but I think it's a bit too far
19.09.2007 - 10:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=15460] on 02.04.2007 at 00:27

I have heard many from many that they're good, but I can't make myself like it.. it's just too simple.. I don't know what words to use.. but (sadly) the sex pistols have not got any place in my life...

Maybe its to simple but nowdays punk bands bored me after 3 songs like Grean Day and so on, but Sex Pistols I can listens in replay all thge day
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.09.2007 - 03:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I read in the paper the Sex Pistols are going to reuniting for a one off show aswell, and one member doesnt seem too pleased. Heres the quote Im reading in the paper from guitarist Steve Jones:

"Big deal. Nice to be over there at 4 in the evening when its dark, fog and cold. Getting mugged in Brixton, can't wait"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin