Metal Storm logo
Eurovision 2007

12.05.2007 - 13:44
Hyvaarin
Here it is, folks, Europe's (two) night(s) of nights! This is the place to discuss the rad and the bad, the whacky and the tacky, the painful and the shameful! Who will you vote for? Will you vote at all? I'll post my thoughts as the semi-finals broadcast progresses - feel free to do the same .

Bulgaria - really awful vocals, boring song, boring costume and choreography. The dude with the mullet who played the drums is cool, though haha.
Israel - extremely crazy and chaotic, I like it! Nice choice of instruments, too.
Cyprus - this woman scared me. Her shiny top and the dancing keyboardist are nothing short of fabulous, though.
Belarus - incredibly good. Shiny clothes, awesome slick/sleazy James Bond vibe, cliché rhymes, poppy vocals. This has it all. My pick for the win so far.
Iceland - first leather pants of the night, and an actually good vocalist. A solid entry.
Georgia - we're on a roll here. Some cool sword-dancing, and the singer's a bit of a babe. The fact that it was their first entry gave it a wonderful feel, too, true to the spirt of Eurovision!
Montenegro - they sounded like W.A.S.P. at the start. Some sweet guitar harmonies, a hilarious chorus and a mega prettyboy Eurotrash singer should get these guys through to the finals. Nice to see another contry making its first entry, too.
Switzerland - HOLY SHIT! I HAVE A NEW FAVOURITE! These guys did EVERYTHING right - excellent mix of bizarre theme/costuming and showtune camp, great lyrics, and even a bit of multi-culturalism! By far the best so far, and one of the best entries I've EVER seen.
Moldova - they're usually pretty awesome, and this year's entry is no exception. Fantastic generic nu metal with violin, sexy woman, awesome leather clothes, a bit of weird jewellery stuff, epic key change... very pleasing, they should do well.
The Netherlands - the most generic, run-of-the-mill Eurovision song I've ever heard. Love it.
Albania - this guy has a luxuriant voice. Very pleasant entry, but a bit unremarkable.
Denmark - TRANNY ALERT!! Hahaha, this entry was fantastic. Very similar to Tomboy, musically speaking. Nice to see they included the requisite key change. A mega chance for the finals.
Croatia - pretty groovtastic, sexual song. Singer's a bit of a lothario, too - I imagine he'd have a line of Eurogroupies lined up for after the performance.
Poland - this is AWESOME. A bit too much like Black Eyed Peas for my liking, but there's definitely a charming decadence about it all. I'd party with them.
Serbia - once I got over the nerdy Asian student appearance of this act, I fell in love. The most predictable vocals so far, hilariously pasionately performed. Could've used a good key change.
Czech Republic - most rockin' song yet, and the guys actually look metal. Good predictable chorus vocal line, presence of leather pants. These guys would make a pretty respectable pub rock band.
Portugal - they haven't won it yet, but this MIGHT be enough to do it. Ludicrous props, tight, shiny and camp costumes, massively heard-it-before vocals, totally bodacious singer. And did I detect a subtle key change?
Macedonia - AWESOME lyrics ("music is the only world for me, in my world we live in harmony"), but an otherwise unremarkable entry.
Norway - laughably camp guys, old singer. Fun entry, but nothing special.
Malta - I really like this one. Nice exotic feel, dumb lyrics about being sick/crazy/dizzy in love. Good work, Malta.
Andorra - Haha! Nice to see the genre of pop-punk represented. FABULOUS key change. We can still save the world, guys!
Hungary - first pop-punk, now blues! In true Eurovision spirit, it seems that the countries are opening themselves up to new things. Pity it's not really working for Hungary. Points for style, though. Also the best guitar playing of the night.
Estonia - excellent cleavage, with lyrics lifted straight from Günther. DYNAMITE performance!
Belgium - funkiest performance of the night, no contest. They have a keytar, too! I like these guys, they should do well.
Slovenia - pretty weird mix of Within Temptation gothery with popera. This one just made me laugh. Might be enough to get them into the finals for the first time.
Turkey - watching this is like being thrown into some weird fucking harem. And really, isn't that what Eurovision's all about? In with strong chance.
Austria - the most silver clothíng I've ever seen, and awesomely transparent moralising. Pretty boring performance, though.
Latvia - here we go, K7. Your countrymen did well - impressive performance, nice crackerjack clothes. They definitely deserve to place.

To be continued...
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
12.05.2007 - 14:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
PPl please dont wote for Latvia please, latvia ha sno money organise such thinks if we gonna win, my quality of life goes down, please let win rich countries
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.05.2007 - 14:28
Hyvaarin
Haha, I was doing some reading earlier - a couple of times the festival has been re-located because the allocated host country can't afford it. Hopefully that'll happen if Latvia win haha.
----
12.05.2007 - 14:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hyvaarin on 12.05.2007 at 14:28

Haha, I was doing some reading earlier - a couple of times the festival has been re-located because the allocated host country can't afford it. Hopefully that'll happen if Latvia win haha.

Hhaha I joking but well i dont wanna see it here but even if we win it will hepen here this time in Riga

Once it was here IMO before Ukraina or something dont remember
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2007 - 14:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
I won't vote for anyone, all songs sucks. I loved Czech Republic's song, and it failed to qualify to next round. Iceland's song is ok, and few more are not crap. All other songs, starting with Serbian shit are horrible, every year they serve same songs with cheap coreography. Eurosong is good idea, but songs are worst and worst every year.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.05.2007 - 14:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 12.05.2007 at 14:40

I won't vote for anyone, all songs sucks. I loved Czech Republic's song, and it failed to qualify to next round. Iceland's song is ok, and few more are not crap. All other songs, starting with Serbian shit are horrible, every year they serve same songs with cheap coreography. Eurosong is good idea, but songs are worst and worst every year.

Does Czceh send to Euro vision Czceh hard rock bicker rock thrash metal(early) legends Kabat?
Hahhaa you alls hood see video' Lada' Frodo maybe understand it and I had demo 'orgams' of band awsoem thrash metal in cz
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2007 - 14:49
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, Kabat was representing Czech but it wasn't trash metal song It is much better song than most of the song that qualified, including Molitva lol
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.05.2007 - 14:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 12.05.2007 at 14:49

Yeah, Kabat was representing Czech but it wasn't trash metal song It is much better song than most of the song that qualified, including Molitva lol

Hhaha Molitva are parying?

Try kabat early demo, If you need I can give you link where are it, ist thrash old schol thrash
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2007 - 15:16
wrathchild
Staff
I'll be watching and waiting for Apocalyptica to perform

But I can't comment on the candidates cause I couldn't watch the semifinals (which aren't broadcasted on the standard national TV channels here in France...)
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
12.05.2007 - 15:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 12.05.2007 at 15:16

I'll be watching and waiting for Apocalyptica to perform

But I can't comment on the candidates cause I couldn't watch the semifinals (which aren't broadcasted on the standard national TV channels here in France...)

Does France are in final?
IMO Semi final was broudcasting in those countries who sing there (It was last year too)
I was watching and listening and doing something else

I dunno if I will wtach probobly I will watch Swe-Can 1/2 final but lsiten eurowision songs whit no booze are

About voting I wont wote phone and sms sistem be more fucked here like MA server
Last year one old man coudnt call resque because phone wa sbussy he almosut die
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2007 - 15:54
Hyvaarin
I just had a look at the Russian entry's lyrics - some of the funniest, most nonsensical I've ever read, seriously...

It's a dirty money track
Yeah
Girls kick the flow!

Listen to me
All my girls get ready
We'll make it easy

When I catch you picking me
You better get a chill
Boy you wanna take on me
Cuz I'm your killing pill

Can't you see the way I move
My dress my flashy skin
Listen up you know I got
The place you've never been

Slow down
Boy you don't wanna let me down
You better stop you know what!

Oh! Don't call me funny bunny
I'll blow your money money
I'll get you to my bad ass spinning for you
Oh! I'll make it easy honey
I'll take your money yummy
I've got my bitches standing up next to me

So come and check it
So come and check it
So come and check it
My bad ass spinning for you (2x)

Watch out!

Keep on taking over you
It's kinda getting free
Baby boy you know I still
Got sexy freak in me

Gotta tease you nasty guy
So take it don't be shy
Put your cherry on my cake
And taste my cherry pie

Maybe I'll take you with me tonight
Maybe you'll show me another way
And find a reason for me to stay
But something I must tell you!

Feel my vibration
Get it!
----
12.05.2007 - 15:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hyvaarin on 12.05.2007 at 15:54

I just had a look at the Russian entry's lyrics - some of the most nonsensical I've ever read, seriously...

real non sence lyrics well even Motley Crue write beter once
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2007 - 16:03
Hyvaarin
Oh my god...both Denmark AND Switzerland didn't get through! I am PISSED .
----
12.05.2007 - 17:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Hyvaarin on 12.05.2007 at 16:03

Oh my god...both Denmark AND Switzerland didn't get through! I am PISSED .

Yeah me too...actually it was only countries from Eastern Europe and Turkey that got to the finals! I find that very suspecious...some of them were really bad. But well I'll still be watching 'cause I will not miss out on Apocalyptica
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.05.2007 - 17:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Hyvaarin on 12.05.2007 at 13:44

The Netherlands - the most generic, run-of-the-mill Eurovision song I've ever heard. Love it.

Totally true, although I HATE the song. And rightly so that it didn't make it to the finals. Hahahaha, the entire gay community in this country is therefore now in tears. Come on please next year send in something more current sounding. And stop whining that we didn't make it to the finals. Thank god for not making it so we can't win and therefore also don't have to organize it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.05.2007 - 17:21
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I'll watch the Eurovision on a big screen either outdoors in Helsinki or at a bar. I can't really say I enjoy the music, but I want to see what kind of impression foreigners might get from Finland. Remember to laugh when the so called "postcards" come before every performer. Hahaha ( So terrible.. ) Here's the running order for today:

1. Bosnia-Hertzegovina
2. Spain
3. Belarus
4. Ireland
5. FINLAND
6. Macedonia
7. Slovenia
8. Hungary
9. Lithuania
10. Greece
11. Georgia
12. Sweden
13. France
14. Latvia
15. Russia
16. Germany
17. Serbia
18. Ukraine
19. Great Britain
20. Romania
21. Bulgaria
22. Turkey
23. Armenia
24. Moldova

Lordi will open the show and Apocalyptica will perform after all the contestants before the points are given. My personal prediction is that either Turkey or Ukraine will win. Latvia, Sweden and Belarus will be in the top 10 too. Although I happen to spend the night with my friends who are Ark-fans, so I'd better keep my mouth shut and cheer for Sweden.
----
You'll never walk alone.
12.05.2007 - 18:23
Torelli
For once Sweden is presenting a good band, allthough the song could have been better though...
I'm sorry if I offend any spanish people, but please don't vote for Spain. The man behind the song(Thomas G:son), is an evil person, in only a couple of years he have made the allready bad swedish music industry even worse, being the writer of almost every "schlager hits" in Sweden for some years now.
12.05.2007 - 21:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ernotar on 12.05.2007 at 17:21

I want to see what kind of impression foreigners might get from Finland. Remember to laugh when the so called "postcards" come before every performer. Hahaha ( So terrible.. )

My personal prediction is that either Turkey or Ukraine will win.

Ukraine's "Russia Goodbye" is hilarious....but if Turkey wins, I think that Eurovision should be nuked... I hate the Turkish entry...as I hate lots of entries there....

I have the same taste as Aronax...I voted for Czech Republic....and I voted for Georgian Björk as well...I simply like Björk....good and heartwarming to see this style amidst of this horridness of europop and gay songs....

You speak about the postcard clips...well...I remember when Eurosong was held in Tallinn....I still think that our postcards were the best ever....these were spoofs of fairy-tales....and the asteroid-impact dance was awesome as well....
12.05.2007 - 21:30
Relentless
Account deleted
I hope you guys are taking the piss, Eurovison is awful. Just hope somebody has an uzi in the audience
12.05.2007 - 22:20
Carrion
Account deleted
Jesus the performer of Belarussia is bad.. Seriously, shoot him. Actually I'm only waiting to see Apocalyptica and somewhat The Ark. The videos between the performings are cool too..
12.05.2007 - 22:48
Kaamos
Account deleted
...not. They are hilariously awful.

After 4 songs, I had enough. Well, not really any reason to pay attention to this contest in the first place...
Studying for swedish tests is more amusing anyway.
12.05.2007 - 22:52
__Az__
Hmmmm, well.. I dont really think theres ever much good in the Eurovision anyway, aside from the obvious humour (from the artists, Wogan's wit and the political voting) I see no entertainment or pleasure gained in watching...

Besides, The UK is always awful!
12.05.2007 - 23:24
Markku
Account deleted
Does that crap really get broadcasted all the way to Australia, you poor people. Eurovision is so awful I can't even make fun of it anymore.
12.05.2007 - 23:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=23678] on 12.05.2007 at 21:30

I hope you guys are taking the piss, Eurovison is awful. Just hope somebody has an uzi in the audience

Hahha Run nacked there
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2007 - 23:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=3005] on 12.05.2007 at 23:24

Does that crap really get broadcasted all the way to Australia, you poor people. Eurovision is so awful I can't even make fun of it anymore.

Man i had tequilla I try to wtach it, music are awfull only think what are great there are girls thats why i watch 10 songs, but now Im realy had bored of Spain, and Greece its wasfull songs, slavic songs was great ok not great but listinible,
i like Lithainain performence and that country where song title was some kind of 'blues'
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2007 - 23:36
Ernis
狼獾
Written by __Az__ on 12.05.2007 at 22:52

Hmmmm, well.. I dont really think theres ever much good in the Eurovision anyway, aside from the obvious humour (from the artists, Wogan's wit and the political voting) I see no entertainment or pleasure gained in watching...

Your song is perverted....they were basically playing prostitutes in flight attendant's costumes...sorry....and if they are singing about sucking candies and pulling the vest and blowing the whistle with the appropriate...ahem...suggestive gestures....then it is nothing better than simply perverted...
12.05.2007 - 23:39
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I'm looking at the images of Eurovision while listening to Pan.Thy.Monium, that's quite weird :p Actually I've turned the sound off because it's really bad and I have to work, but I keep the TV on to have a glance now and again not to miss Apocalyptica.
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
13.05.2007 - 00:00
__Az__
Written by Ernis on 12.05.2007 at 23:36

Written by __Az__ on 12.05.2007 at 22:52

Your song is perverted....they were basically playing prostitutes in flight attendant's costumes...sorry....and if they are singing about sucking candies and pulling the vest and blowing the whistle with the appropriate...ahem...suggestive gestures....then it is nothing better than simply perverted...

Your more than right there.. The UK song was bloody rubbish, always is...
13.05.2007 - 00:07
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Those bloody French commentators won't shut up during Apocalyptica's show
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
13.05.2007 - 00:13
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Sekhmet on 13.05.2007 at 00:07

Those bloody French commentators won't shut up during Apocalyptica's show

Yeah they fucked up the only 10 minutes of metal we're ever given on French TV...
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz