Metal Storm logo
German Metalstormers

25.05.2006 - 19:13
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
I grievously missed this thread in the old forum, so here it is. German Metalstormers, where are you? Talks and discussions about stuff going on in Germany, metal or not, deeply desired!
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
25.05.2006 - 22:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Man I never had sean this tread in old forum Or Im blind

I just wanna say I had german blood in my wains, my grabdmother before merige was german surname Snitch, and her family was germamn rots, you know Livonia and ...

Ja ich spreche deutch but nicht gut
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.05.2006 - 13:17
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Bad English on 25.05.2006 at 22:08

I just wanna say I had german blood in my wains, my grabdmother before merige was german surname Snitch, and her family was germamn rots, you know Livonia and ...

Nope, you're not blind. There wasn't a thread for German Metalstormers in the old forum and it doesn't seem like there's gonna be much of such a sub-community in the new forum either. Somehow it's paradox, the country with the greatest metal festivals worldwide has a less active community on this site than the Maltesers have

And don't worry about your German, it's just as good as your English
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
26.05.2006 - 13:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 26.05.2006 at 13:17

Written by Bad English on 25.05.2006 at 22:08

Nope, you're not blind. There wasn't a thread for German Metalstormers in the old forum and it doesn't seem like there's gonna be much of such a sub-community in the new forum either. Somehow it's paradox, the country with the greatest metal festivals worldwide has a less active community on this site than the Maltesers have

And don't worry about your German, it's just as good as your English

Well I agree Germany are big country, big nation and werry good, techical, good playing bands are uncnown and seems nowdays are only Sacandinavian bands on the top, and well in Germany are some good but uncnow bands: Stormwitch, Black Abyss, ehh why shoud I mention them all, only some people knows tham, same about Brainstorm, seems power metal fans in MS underated them
But same about France and Italian metal scene, we and Damnetdet discuss about it in old forum

Yes in Germany are amny many famous festivals, more gow in outher countries, but I only know here one german dude forgot name biut his sawatar was similar how Herta BSC logo

About my "deutche sprache" in TV there are no subtitles, onlt talking so I hera languege not see how write, and it was 3 years when I studdy german in school, and I hawnt been practise, and BTW in Drai Sat, Arte, ZDF, ARD are more fun thinks for me how in discovery, so i want know beter german how english, because I think in german FTA tv are more amazing thinks what see, how in discovery
----

26.05.2006 - 16:02
Prinz Dracul II
Account deleted
I'm here
Well this seems very strange to me too...such a big metal-community and no germans here?
Very strange...

Edit: After looking for the memberlist, there are 112 german metalheads registered here.
26.05.2006 - 16:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=1894] on 26.05.2006 at 16:02

I'm here
Well this seems very strange to me too...such a big metal-community and no germans here?
Very strange...

Edit: After looking for the memberlist, there are 112 german metalheads registered here.

I agree Germany are big metal coiuntry whit deeper and bether netal traditions how Scandinavia
How much bands was there in 70ties, 80ties, and how in germany, In germay werry much and Scandinaia some

And dude you use geramn band awatar

@Promonex from witch Frankfurt you are from Main or other river Oder?
----

26.05.2006 - 16:31
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
I've never seen someone from Frankfurt on Oder just stating he's from Frankfurt. Commonly if someone says he's from Frankfurt, he means Frankfurt on Main. Unless he is from the high northwest of Germany of course, where probably more people are from Frankfurt on Oder than from the more known one. Anyway, even then it wouldn't make sense signing up to an international community, where barely no one has ever known that there are two Frankfurts and stating to be just from Frankfurt.

To cut a long story short, Frankfurt on Main's where I'm from

@Dracul: Welcome aboard
----
26.05.2006 - 16:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 26.05.2006 at 16:31

I've never seen someone from Frankfurt on Oder just stating he's from Frankfurt. Commonly if someone says he's from Frankfurt, he means Frankfurt on Main. Unless he is from the high northwest of Germany of course, where probably more people are from Frankfurt on Oder than from the more known one. Anyway, even then it wouldn't make sense signing up to an international community, where barely no one has ever known that there are two Frankfurts and stating to be just from Frankfurt.

To cut a long story short, Frankfurt on Main's where I'm from

@Dracul: Welcome aboard

Man you wanna say in germany are only one Frankfurt
Lats week I atching 3sat andv there was something about Frankfurt near Oder, I dont remeber,a nd when I was child I hear about 2 Frankurts
----

26.05.2006 - 17:05
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
No, I said there are two Frankfurts, but only one Frankfurt that is widely known. So when someone says he's from Frankfurt without stating the river, he means Frankfurt on Main in 99% of all cases. If he's from Frankfurt on Oder, he'll say that he's from Frankfurt on Oder rather than just saying he's from Frankfurt.
----
27.05.2006 - 20:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well so I was wright and it means Eintracht are frem Frabkfurt from main
Its can be test quasten in America something in witch Frankfurt are based Eintracht

Are there any more town whit same name and near two rivers, maybe are 2 Berlins

BTW how much you understand whne people speek in Luxemburgische dialect
I hear itc on tv and I underdstand not all but maybe 15% less how german
----

28.05.2006 - 23:26
Ace
Account deleted
I was born in germany, and im still pretty often in germany (south of baden würtemberg) so I think i fit in here.^^
Hai2u.
It's kind of weird that MS has only so few german folks, because the "scene" there is very big. And do not forget all the fantastic festivlas that take place in germany. (Ill probably on Partysan this year).
29.05.2006 - 00:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2338] on 28.05.2006 at 23:31

I was born in germany, and im still pretty often in germany (south of baden würtemberg) so I think i fit in here.^^
Hai2u.
It's kind of weird that MS has only so few german folks, because the "scene" there is very big. And do not forget all the fantastic festivlas that take place in germany. (Ill probably on Partysan this year).

Dude I think in germany are more metalfestivals how in outher countries together, I mean big festivals like Wacken and others, in Scandinavia maybe Tuska, and Ragnarock but Germany and those small festivals

@Promenax does Knaufe means pub in German?
----

29.05.2006 - 10:24
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Bad English on 29.05.2006 at 00:32

Dude I think in germany are more metalfestivals how in outher countries together, I mean big festivals like Wacken and others, in Scandinavia maybe Tuska, and Ragnarock but Germany and those small festivals

Amen to that.
http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/events.php?e_what=Germany&e_where=e.country&events_upcoming=on

I'm not sure whether I'll attend any big festival this year. Wacken and Party.San would've been nice, but during that particular week I'm in Hungary already Oh well, if I find someone to join me, I might go to the Summerbreeze, they have a decent lineup as well.

And nope, Kneipe is pub. Ein Knauf is a door knob :
----
29.05.2006 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 29.05.2006 at 10:24

Written by Bad English on 29.05.2006 at 00:32

Amen to that.
http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/events.php?e_what=Germany&e_where=e.country&events_upcoming=on

I'm not sure whether I'll attend any big festival this year. Wacken and Party.San would've been nice, but during that particular week I'm in Hungary already Oh well, if I find someone to join me, I might go to the Summerbreeze, they have a decent lineup as well.

And nope, Kneipe is pub. Ein Knauf is a door knob :

Man you are in Hungary?
I had one freidn there

Wewll in Hungary are too great festivals, and shows, same in Cz and Slovakia
I wanna see Arakain live whit Ales Britcka on vocals, but he arnt in band

But summer in Hungary gret, wine, festivals, parties hot hungarian girls wine
Same in Germany, here no festivals no REAL summer
----

05.06.2006 - 15:42
Shojo
Account deleted
This summer I will definitely attend none of these festivals because I have to save money. But you're right, there are great festivals in Germany. I think the status of a Festival-Nation is also due to the fact that Germany is situated quite in the middle of Europe, sourrounded by 9 countries. And the infrastructure is good, so you can reach many places without problems.
13.06.2006 - 02:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno if I can ask it here but does Baden Mainckchraft brigade still existe?
----

20.06.2006 - 21:17
heresiarch
Forever Dead
That Miroslav Klose is one bad ass motherfucker
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
23.06.2006 - 14:59
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
Hi there
Do you know is there any organized trip to WOA from Munchen?
31.10.2006 - 15:48
Pierre Tombale
Elite
I've just returned to this forum
02.02.2007 - 20:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
oh please oh please oh please oh please can someone here translate this for me? it's from the site which sells tickets to w.o.a. 2007(i used to know german but now i suck at it):
72,- Euro zzgl. 7,- Gebühren = 79,- ?. Dazu kommt die Servicepauschale ( FULL METAL SERVICE) von 20,- ? mit folgenden Leistungen:
1. Camping incl. Müllkosten (kein Pfand, Abholung der Müllsäcke durch das Müllteam an eurem Zeltplatz)
2. Parken
3. Eintritt frei im Wackener Schwimmbad
4 Camping direkt am KFZ
5. wie immer gibt es keine Limitierungen in der Mitnahme von Getränken oder sonstiger Verpflegung (Glasbehälter erlaubt) auf dem Park- u. Campinggelände
6. nur Grünflächen
7. Campingplatzreservierungen ab 50 Personen (freibleibend)
8. Festivalaufkleber
9. lange Filmnacht am Mittwoch und Donnerstag z.b. Wacken Doku-Film "Full Metal Village" uvm.
10.kein Abkassieren der Shuttlebusse beim Abreiseverkehr (d. h. keine langen Wartezeiten) .
i thank you anticipatedly
02.02.2007 - 20:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 02.02.2007 at 20:24

oh please oh please oh please oh please can someone here translate this for me? it's from the site which sells tickets to w.o.a. 2007(i used to know german but now i suck at it):
72,- Euro zzgl. 7,- Gebühren = 79,- ?. Dazu kommt die Servicepauschale ( FULL METAL SERVICE) von 20,- ? mit folgenden Leistungen:
1. Camping incl. Müllkosten (kein Pfand, Abholung der Müllsäcke durch das Müllteam an eurem Zeltplatz)
2. Parken
3. Eintritt frei im Wackener Schwimmbad
4 Camping direkt am KFZ
5. wie immer gibt es keine Limitierungen in der Mitnahme von Getränken oder sonstiger Verpflegung (Glasbehälter erlaubt) auf dem Park- u. Campinggelände
6. nur Grünflächen
7. Campingplatzreservierungen ab 50 Personen (freibleibend)
8. Festivalaufkleber
9. lange Filmnacht am Mittwoch und Donnerstag z.b. Wacken Doku-Film "Full Metal Village" uvm.
10.kein Abkassieren der Shuttlebusse beim Abreiseverkehr (d. h. keine langen Wartezeiten) .
i thank you anticipatedly

Better PM to Prom ist be faster and easyer but after 4 hours I can try do it
----

03.02.2007 - 15:12
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Translation:

Quote:
72 ? + 7 ? fees = 79 ?. Plus service allowance ("Full Metal Service") of 20 ? with the following services:
1. Camping incl. garbage fee (no pledge, the gargabe team collects the rubbish bags from your camping site)
2. Free parking
3. Free entry to the Wacken swimming-pool
4. Camping next to your vehicle
5. No limits on food, drinks and other board on the parking and camping area. Glass bottles are allowed
6. Only green spaces
7. Camping site reservation for groups of 50 and more persons
8. Festival sticker
9. Movie night on Wednesday and Thursday, e.g. Wacken documentary "Full Metal Village" and more
10. No cashing in of the shuttle busses on your departure, which means no long waiting times and delays

If you think that full metal service is some total rip-off, then you're right, as you had all of that two years ago as well except for the garbage collection - you used to pay a pledge and you got it back if you brought the garbage bins to the respective trailers -, the movie night and the shuttle busses. So even if you are ready to dispose your rubbish yourself, don't use the shuttle busses and don't go to Wacken to watch movies, you still have to pay 20 euros, so that others can have those "advantages".
----
05.02.2007 - 10:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well i didn't actually think it's a ripoff, but now i realised i won't be going there
01.03.2007 - 19:16
SirenOfTheStyx
Account deleted
So few German metalstormers ? Not so strange : in Germany, if you love metal, you will find friends anywhere, you don't need to be stuck at your computer. In France, you have to go on metal storm, otherwise, you're awfully alone and depressed.

(I know what you think... She's French, what the f*** is she doing here...
I speak German, study German, love German big festivals, please, allow me to stay )
01.03.2007 - 19:30
Baz Anderson
Staff
hahaha - I think there are more non-Germans in this thread then actual German people..
I've probably never expresed myself about Germany on this site before.. but I also love Germany - it is the only place I have been to off of this island and I wish to go back one day..
this is what makes going to Wacken this year so important and good for me!

I also studied German in school but they didnt teach very well and we start learning another language too late in our lives over here for it to be any use..
I would like to be able to speak German properly one day though..
02.03.2007 - 00:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 01.03.2007 at 19:30

hahaha - I think there are more non-Germans in this thread then actual German people..

I had german blood to my grandmother father was german and well I dunno how much you all know about Livony, BValtic History from 12tg century and till 1939 but here was full of germans and I still has German army bag, hand granade and a lot of plates, cups even stuff where amry keeps watter dunno how calls in english, so I realy wanna found what are other parts of my blood.
----

25.04.2007 - 14:18
baldur
Written by Baz Anderson on 01.03.2007 at 19:30

I've probably never expresed myself about Germany on this site before.. but I also love Germany - it is the only place I have been to off of this island and I wish to go back one day..
this is what makes going to Wacken this year so important and good for me!

I also studied German in school but they didnt teach very well and we start learning another language too late in our lives over here for it to be any use..
I would like to be able to speak German properly one day though..

people from great britain like germany??? never heared that!! seems to me like every british guy thinks of nazis if its about germany... but maybe you like germany for its beer, brewed "nach dem deutschen reinheitsgebot"^^
25.04.2007 - 14:46
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by baldur on 25.04.2007 at 14:18

people from great britain like germany??? never heared that!! seems to me like every british guy thinks of nazis if its about germany... but maybe you like germany for its beer, brewed "nach dem deutschen reinheitsgebot"^^

haha yeh, well - most of the idiots in this country that dont know better still do associate Germany of today with nazis, but there are still some people that really like Germany and arent so pathetic to keep bringing stuff like that up.. Germany is the main place for metal now
I really hate this thing between English and German people, its all just rather childish and unnecessary
haha, I've never had any German beer - brewed after the German.. what? I dont understand that last word
25.04.2007 - 14:50
baldur
"deutsches RHEINHEITSGEBOT" thats why german beer is the best beer in the whole world!!!!! what ?? you never drank a german beer?
shame on you... so you gotta drink some when you go to wacken!!!
25.04.2007 - 15:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Baz - I agree nowdays metal country are germany and France lil bit Italy but still gernany ewery band are awsome even new once damn sometimes i wish see www.metal-archives.de probobly then site wont fuck like up

About nazies think well even in Russia thimnk Germany Nazies, UK capitalist, USa evil, Iran freidns and in one part Germany made that thay accept all what other countries wannt, so even in blame about WWII what even germany didnt done

@baldur - hahah Germany beer hahaha I lovbe it real good beer also cz and UK
----