Style: Extreme gothic metal, Symphonic metal

Owners:

134 have it
20 want it

01. The Fate Of The World On Our Shoulders
02. Existential Terror
03. Necromantic Fantasies
04. Crawling King Chaos
05. Here Comes A Candle... (Infernal Lullaby)
06. Black Smoke Curling From The Lips Of War
07. Discourse Between A Man And His Soul
08. The Dying Of The Embers
09. Ashen Mortality
10. How Many Tears To Nurture A Rose?
11. Suffer Our Dominion
12. Us, Dark, Invincible
13. Sisters Of The Mist [bonus]
14. Unleash The Hellion [bonus]

Found in 34 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 31   Visited by: 877 users
02.08.2021 - 00:27
ickoriss
The lead single sounds great and I'm in love with the artwork.
22.10.2021 - 10:11
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
After a couple of spins i think it has a few great tracks and also a fair share of forgettable ones. The album basically goes through their whole discography. There's stuff that reminds me of Dusk and Vempire (Existential Terror), there's stuff from Midian (Crawling King Chaos). And there's lot of Damnation/Godspeed/Nymphetamine in there too (Necromantic Fantasies/How Many Tears...).
Cradle of Filth has been an good streak with Hammer, Cryptoriana and now Existence. Respectable album. Best tracks: Existential Terror, Crawling King Chaos and Suffer Our Dominion. Us, Dark, Invincible closes the album nicely.
22.10.2021 - 11:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does kids still talk about Cob? Does kids still listens this band? Well if you listen as I did new albums, this is OK, not good as first few but decent album, classical Dani screamo vocals, mixed up master degree lyrics, melodies, keyboards , Gothic touch and images, artwork. Only problem is length of this album , I think 50 minutes is OK and best if you have many albums to listen per day, but then again if you listen few, lenght does not matter.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2021 - 15:12
Rating: 8
Qualeen
I happened to never have thoroughly discovered CoF. The first listen of this makes me wanna do it at last. I don't know how good this is exactly, but it's fucking fun.
----
So imminently visible - this cloaked innocent guilt
Sentenced to a lifetime, a second of structured chaos
Trampled by the ferocious, raging crowds of solitude
I'm the soil beneath me soaking up the sustenance of my own death.
[Meshuggah]
22.10.2021 - 17:28
Rating: 7
Duck Dodgers
Very good album... but 30 minutes too long.
22.10.2021 - 19:21
The pacing is bizarre; the longest songs are all at the end. Definitely runs longer than it needs to.
23.10.2021 - 13:27
Rating: 9
Archie 666
Written by ickoriss on 02.08.2021 at 00:27

Seems like I'm in a minority here but I think the artwork is tacky/atrocious/disgusting/stupid...
23.10.2021 - 17:49
Rating: 6
ATG
Not very memorable, rinse and repeated COF for the last 15 years, has a few decent moments in it but definitely doesn't do justice of the early works they have output.

This is what happens when the only consistent member is the lead singer and you constantly change guitarists and keyboardists there is no consistency with this band anymore besides the recycled material they output.
23.10.2021 - 20:39
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Qualeen on 22.10.2021 at 15:12

I happened to never have thoroughly discovered CoF. The first listen of this makes me wanna do it at last. I don't know how good this is exactly, but it's fucking fun.

That's what Hammer of the Witches did for me. I never disliked them, but could never really get into them either, despite all the intrigue. Witches completely gripped me (my favorite album of theirs) and has turned me into a fan of virtually their entire discography.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
23.10.2021 - 20:41
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Archie 666 on 23.10.2021 at 13:27

Seems like I'm in a minority here but I think the artwork is tacky/atrocious/disgusting/stupid...

I mean, the entire band's image/lyrics is kind of tacky and cringey - especially whenever you have songs about climate change on an album all about nihilism (nonetheless from a band that expels a ton of C02 flying and driving around the entire world to tour). But if you can manage to put that all aside, the music is still pretty killer.
----
23.10.2021 - 20:48
Qualeen
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 23.10.2021 at 20:39

That's what Hammer of the Witches did for me. I never disliked them, but could never really get into them either, despite all the intrigue. Witches completely gripped me (my favorite album of theirs) and has turned me into a fan of virtually their entire discography.

I'll make sure to check out "Hammer..." then, thanks. \m/
----
[Meshuggah]
24.10.2021 - 05:22
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Qualeen on 23.10.2021 at 20:48

I'll make sure to check out "Hammer..." then, thanks. \m/

Specifically "Deflowering the Maidenhead..." was the track that made me think "Okay, I need to check these guys out in more detail."
----
25.10.2021 - 21:32
Callisto
No their best. I hoped for more from the singles but as has been said before this record is quite uneven.
26.10.2021 - 23:28
Taravilyaion

I'll make sure to check out "Hammer..." then, thanks. \m

I suggest you listen to the following releases first:
• V Empire, or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein
• Dusk and Her Embrace
• Cruelty and the Beast
• From the Cradle to Enslave
• Midian

These are the best releases they've had (imho), everything after was barely rememberable, pretty much 'meh' with now and and then a good song.
----
"The best violence against one is the violence no one ever forgets.."
27.10.2021 - 01:12
Qualeen
Written by Taravilyaion on 26.10.2021 at 23:28

• Dusk and Her Embrace
• Cruelty and the Beast
• Midian

These are the best releases they've had (imho), everything after was barely rememberable, pretty much 'meh' with now and and then a good song.

Thanks, will do
----
[Meshuggah]
27.10.2021 - 06:15
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor

I'm in love with the artwork.

It clearly has Hieronymus Bosch as inspiration:
27.10.2021 - 07:47
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Taravilyaion on 26.10.2021 at 23:28

I'll make sure to check out "Hammer..." then, thanks. \m

• Dusk and Her Embrace
• Cruelty and the Beast
• Midian

If he enjoys the new album so much, I'd say it's far more likely he enjoys Hammer and Cryptoriana, as they much more closely resemble this. That's not to say he wouldn't enjoy both eras, of course.
----
27.10.2021 - 08:20
nikarg
Staff
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 27.10.2021 at 07:47

If he enjoys the new album so much, I'd say it's far more likely he enjoys Hammer and Cryptoriana, as they much more closely resemble this. That's not to say he wouldn't enjoy both eras, of course.

I agree. The last three albums are quite similar-sounding.
29.10.2021 - 21:29
DarkWingedSoul
I found better iron maiden-esque melodies on this album than on the new maiden album
30.10.2021 - 09:19
Rating: 5
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by DarkWingedSoul on 29.10.2021 at 21:29

I found better iron maiden-esque melodies on this album than on the new maiden album

I'm not sure which band would take that as a compliment or insult and that makes me appreciate this comment even more.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.10.2021 - 17:55
Gungniru
Really enjoy about the first half of the album with the rest being pretty dull with some interesting moments here and there.
04.11.2021 - 04:49
sgtrobo
I'm not generally a CoF fan, but this was an enjoyable listen.
I agree, definitely heard some old-school Maiden influences
06.11.2021 - 19:02
metalstormer
Account deleted
I am definitely not a CoF fan but this album suprised me. Especially first half is superb.
07.11.2021 - 20:38
metalstormer
Account deleted
Second half is superb too
08.11.2021 - 14:17
X-FrEaK
Not bad at all. Solid release, the best since Hammer of the Witches
----
09.11.2021 - 13:16
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Musicwise pretty cool, but holy crap the vocals sucks balls! Seen them live and it is even worse..
10.11.2021 - 13:49
GrimReaper85
6th album by score here, slightly behind 2015 and 2017, but I would put it in 4th place. 2015 is good, but I think this one is better.
Vocals seem fine to me, early albums are just incomprehensible shrieking, middle albums lost shrieking alltogether, and 2015, 2017 and 2021 albums are just fine.
25.11.2021 - 17:41
CoF seems to be in a high creativity point as this is the third album with very solid material released consecutively. Dany's vocals remain surprisingly good, although they've deteriorated over the years, but musically speaking the band just nails it. Unfortunately they do not seem to be able to break the ace and release a magnum opus.
17.02.2022 - 05:13
tintinb
Loved the first half of the album but the 2nd half was dragging a bit too much. Love that Dani's voice is still going quite strong.
----
Leeches everywhere.
21.03.2022 - 15:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 10233 | This month: 87