Metal Storm logo
Rugby Union

08.09.2007 - 08:34
Judas
The Amputator
The 2007 Rugby World Cup has kicked off in France, and I just realised that there isn't a thread for this fine game on Metalstorm! So, all who are interested in this game, named for the Rugby School in England where William Webb Ellis picked up a football during a game and ran with it, here is a thread for you to talk about recent developments and to ask questions about that which you may not understand.

Now, about the World Cup, I didn't get to watch the first match because it was really early in the morning for us here, but when I woke up I was stunned to see that Argentina had beaten France, the host nation! Any thoughts on the game from those who did see it?
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
08.09.2007 - 12:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Here are about Rugby Leage, but IMO we shood open new tread whit Rugby
Realy Argentina won France :0

I like Rugby but I like watch 3 nation tournament and also Super 14, but its not so fun how watch Europeain teams, because here I know what tu suport
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.09.2007 - 18:46
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 08.09.2007 at 12:02

Here are about Rugby Leage, but IMO we shood open new tread whit Rugby
Realy Argentina won France :0

I like Rugby but I like watch 3 nation tournament and also Super 14, but its not so fun how watch Europeain teams, because here I know what tu suport

This is a thread about Rugby, not Rugby League (which I personally can't stand). I've called the thread 'Rugby Union' because that's what we call it here in Australia, to distinguish between this and League.

So, New Zealand have also opened their RWC 2007 account with a walloping of Italy, 76-14. Australia have bettered that margin though, with a trouncing of Japan, 91-3. Come on Wallabies...
----
09.09.2007 - 00:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Judas I dunno much diferencie still some good couch will not explain me in practice but seems I lome more this sport heheheh
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2007 - 12:22
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2007 at 00:40

@Judas I dunno much diferencie still some good couch will not explain me in practice but seems I lome more this sport heheheh

Well, one major difference between Rugby and Rugby League is that Rugby is played with 15 players per side, while League has only 13. In Rugby, you can get tackled as many times as you want, provided you win the ball in each ensuing ruck/maul situation In League when you're tackled/held you have to roll the ball under your foot to someone behind you and this can only be done 5 times in one possession before kicking. Rugby scrums are very different to Rugby League scrums, and when the ball goes out of play you have to have a lineout, whereas in League it's just a scrum. There are lots more, but I can't be bothered listing them all, so this link will tell you most of what you want to know.
----
09.09.2007 - 15:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Judas I know it but still I need watch bout leage sin TV and soem couch or player expalin me, and i havnt seen Rugby in english so long, so
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2007 - 22:29
Remus
Oh yeah, we just stuck it to Samoa 59 - 7!!! Yup, we wiped the floor with them! Oh, hope no-one around here is Samoan... he he.

I assume you guys watched the Australia Vs Japan match 91 - 3 oh well, you have to give it to the japs for being good sporsts !
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.09.2007 - 15:51
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Remus on 09.09.2007 at 22:29

Oh yeah, we just stuck it to Samoa 59 - 7!!! Yup, we wiped the floor with them! Oh, hope no-one around here is Samoan... he he.

I assume you guys watched the Australia Vs Japan match 91 - 3 oh well, you have to give it to the japs for being good sporsts !

Haha, I think the only ones whining about this first round so far would be the French! Everyone else has performed pretty much as expected, save perhaps for Ireland who were pushed quite a bit last night to beat Namibia. I will laugh so hard if France get knocked out of their own World Cup before the quarterfinals.

Oh, and I don't think anyone on MS is Samoan.
----
16.09.2007 - 19:03
Remus
Written by Judas on 10.09.2007 at 15:51

Everyone else has performed pretty much as expected

Oh yes, especially England ! Wait, un-unless, you don't consider the 36 - 0 beating we handed out to them on Friday! I'm sure there ARE lots british MSers around here.

P.S. That Australia - Japan game really was enjoyable
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
17.09.2007 - 08:47
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Remus on 16.09.2007 at 19:03

Written by Judas on 10.09.2007 at 15:51

Everyone else has performed pretty much as expected

Oh yes, especially England ! Wait, un-unless, you don't consider the 36 - 0 beating we handed out to them on Friday! I'm sure there ARE lots british MSers around here.

P.S. That Australia - Japan game really was enjoyable

I laughed so much upon waking up to that 36-0 scoreline. Total humiliation is something the British are used to in sports like cricket, but it's always a pleasure to beat them at something they think they're crash hot at!

Australia beat Wales 32-20 in a decent game the other day, and the French have since gotten off the mark as well, beating their earth-shattering opposition Namibia 87-10. Tonga beat Samoa 19-15, so there is a chance that the Poms will be off home sooner than expected. The French will probably be out if they lose to Ireland too... Oh, I'd love that to happen so much! Mind you, even if they win they're screwed because New Zealand will be waiting in the quarters...
----
21.10.2007 - 00:49
Remus
Ok, we (SOUTH AFRICA) have just beaten England and so won the Rugby World Cup in the process!!

This means we were better than any other (participating) team!! Sorry mr Judas, i guess the wallabies didn't quite cut it this time... Oh well, maybe next time !

I'm going to get super-wasted now...

SOUTH AFRICA won the word cup!!! Yay!!!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
21.10.2007 - 20:37
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Judas on 17.09.2007 at 08:47
The French will probably be out if they lose to Ireland too... Oh, I'd love that to happen so much! Mind you, even if they win they're screwed because New Zealand will be waiting in the quarters...

Why is that that you didn't want French to win any game? I must say that, even if we were defeated by England, I'm proud of the French team especially because they won against the All Blacks. Not that I don't like New Zealand, but here in Europe and maybe everywhere else in the world, facing New Zealand is the best challenge ever. That was cool

As for South Africa winning the cup, I'm happy. England won last time and basically did nothing great for the following 4 years.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
22.10.2007 - 10:43
Judas
The Amputator
Written by wrathchild on 21.10.2007 at 20:37

Written by Judas on 17.09.2007 at 08:47
The French will probably be out if they lose to Ireland too... Oh, I'd love that to happen so much! Mind you, even if they win they're screwed because New Zealand will be waiting in the quarters...

Why is that that you didn't want French to win any game? I must say that, even if we were defeated by England, I'm proud of the French team especially because they won against the All Blacks. Not that I don't like New Zealand, but here in Europe and maybe everywhere else in the world, facing New Zealand is the best challenge ever. That was cool

As for South Africa winning the cup, I'm happy. England won last time and basically did nothing great for the following 4 years.

I'm having to eat my words big time here!

It's not that I didn't want the French to win at all, I just thought it would be hilarious if they didn't get through in their own World Cup and I could have teased all my French friends (who wouldn't shut up about Sébastien Chabal... Come on, he's not that great!) about it. In the end, I was supporting them against the All Blacks (because if Australia lose, then it is imperative that the All Blacks lose too!) and against the Poms too (because we all hate the Poms when it comes to rugby thanks to one J. Wilkinson...), although I must say you deserved to be beaten by the Pumas in the 3rd place match, they played really well.

All in all, the South Africans definitely did deserve to win the cup, they were the only team who played consistently well. It was a decent enough championship, even though Australia went out much earlier than I would have hoped for. Bring on 2011!
----
22.10.2007 - 20:42
wrathchild
Staff
I agree with everything you wrote your last post, even about Chabal and even about France deserving to lose against Argentina.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
22.10.2007 - 20:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Where be WC in 2011?
Rugby shood be in olympics

Well Im happy about SA and realy glad thay won, but about WC I didny saw a lot of games but I wtached eving games and best what I saw was Georgia vs Argentina, dont know but I like it best of all games and it proove in Europe are only 2 teams who can fight back SA, Aus, NZ its Fra and Eng
----

apos;'
[image]
22.10.2007 - 21:48
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Bad English on 22.10.2007 at 20:51

Where be WC in 2011?

In New Zealand.
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
22.10.2007 - 22:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 22.10.2007 at 21:48

Written by Bad English on 22.10.2007 at 20:51

Where be WC in 2011?

In New Zealand.

Not perfect for me it was like in Australia and time wake up early to watch games but thay deserve it and TV will replay them
----

apos;'
[image]
29.08.2009 - 13:16
Wow the cricket thread actually has more posts than this.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
29.08.2009 - 13:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Entropic Silence on 29.08.2009 at 13:16

That's because I post in the cricket thread
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.08.2009 - 14:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.08.2009 at 13:23

Written by Entropic Silence on 29.08.2009 at 13:16

That's because I post in the cricket thread

Well if I would know and watch cricked ..... its be cricked 3 tread
----

apos;'
[image]
30.08.2009 - 14:44
Go the aussies v bokkies this weekend, then the ABs will at least have a chance at winning the tri nations. I'm convinced we can get a bonus point win over the boks if we're at home...

And if we don't, then just you wait... we're bound to win the next W.C. since we haven't lost one at home.
----
30.08.2009 - 15:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Entropic Silence on 30.08.2009 at 14:44

Go the aussies v bokkies this weekend, then the ABs will at least have a chance at winning the tri nations. I'm convinced we can get a bonus point win over the boks if we're at home...

And if we don't, then just you wait... we're bound to win the next W.C. since we haven't lost one at home.

Till WC its to far man and its be interesting ,
----

apos;'
[image]
25.10.2009 - 06:16
Its never too far...

Right! Its the time of year when the northern hemisphere hosts some decent teams for a change (ba-zing). Lets see if anyone up there can beat the boks...

I say that because we all know that no-one will beat the All Blacks anyway. Its a fact of life. Deal with it.
----
07.11.2014 - 01:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Interesting , well 1th time I saw it iy was OK, but so many times I watch rugby gets boring, same time as national anthem before hockey games .. anyway who will win next Rugby WC NZ or England since its in Eng, last one NZ walk over almost all only in semies Ausie was tough, but final against France 7-6 was hard game, it was well more drop goals, in those cases, try don't mean much

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11354795&ref=mobile
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2015 - 03:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why super 14 now is super rugby and S Africa from 4 teams got 6?

anybody watching WC

In England

Damn Ausie lost bonus point ... one try and they would have it ehhh Fiji show resist in the end. Well Ausie can go needs win Walles and England, well enough whit Walles

S Africa 32-34 Japan another surprise , actually BIG one

Tonga 10-17 Georgia another one

well we will see,
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2015 - 14:55
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2015 at 03:37

anybody watching WC

In England

Damn Ausie lost bonus point ... one try and they would have it ehhh Fiji show resist in the end. Well Ausie can go needs win Walles and England, well enough whit Walles

well we will see,

Surprised Tonga lost to Georgia. Wallabies aren't as good as they were 5 years ago. How'd Sam Burgess go for England?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
24.09.2015 - 15:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 24.09.2015 at 14:55

anybody watching WC

In England

well we will see,

Surprised Tonga lost to Georgia. Wallabies aren't as good as they were 5 years ago. How'd Sam Burgess go for England?

Yes but Georgia is so good, but they are going up
Dunno about Sam

why super rugby has 6 SA teams?
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2015 - 16:03
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2015 at 15:04

Dunno about Sam

Because to make it 16 teams, one of the 3 countries had to get an extra team? Anyway, its going to be 18 next year, with Japanese and Argentinian teams being added.
----
24.09.2015 - 18:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 24.09.2015 at 16:03

Written by Bad English on 24.09.2015 at 15:04

Dunno about Sam

Because to make it 16 teams, one of the 3 countries had to get an extra team? Anyway, its going to be 18 next year, with Japanese and Argentinian teams being added.

yes but 5-5-5 is better and Arg and Jap teams will be fucked up, time zone, travel, its not good man, Japs are not so good and Arg to... I don't like
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2015 - 04:18
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2015 at 18:32

yes but 5-5-5 is better

16 teams means no byes, everyone plays every week.
----