Metal Storm logo
Pantera - To Reunite For A Tour

According to Billboard, surviving members of Pantera Phil Anselmo and Rex Brown are planning to reunite for a tour next year. Both members have signed with Artist Group International to book their North American dates. More details and info in due time.

Source: billboard.com
Band profile: Pantera
Posted: 15.07.2022 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 44   Visited by: 243 users
15.07.2022 - 14:05
Nejde
I love Pantera and Cowboys From Hell is one of my all time favourite albums but this just feels like a cash grab. Pantera without the Abbotts isn't Pantera.
15.07.2022 - 14:11
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
And now for the time where fans conveniently forget that Phil Anselmo is a white supremacist because PANTERA!!!!
----
15.07.2022 - 14:30
s(AINT)
Disgusting cash grab by Phil and Rex, nothing against Zakk and Charlie for accepting the offer though. It's not Pantera without the Abbott brothers, period.
15.07.2022 - 14:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
News of the decade, because I never thought it will happen, but will it be US only, or Europe to.
But we know the money do the talking, real reason to tour is money. Anselmo whit this tour gets 10 times more as whit Illigals
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.07.2022 - 15:18
Lanthros
Pure bad taste. As mentioned before, this is nothing but a cash grab.
15.07.2022 - 15:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
1/2 of Pantera, but now fat and old! I hope tickets are $120!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.07.2022 - 15:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Boxcar Willy on 15.07.2022 at 15:26

1/2 of Pantera, but now fat and old! I hope tickets are $120!

Only one can be fat, Rex is slim.
I believe sek 800 and up uf they tour in Sweden
----

15.07.2022 - 15:37
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Let's go baby!

Jfl at the comments so far, I know you are all going to see this. There is no way you are all going to ignore it for whatever belief you have. Revolution was their name.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

15.07.2022 - 15:41
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
I've never seen Pantera before, this could be that opportunity. Everyone knows that is half Pantera, but the rest is dead... yeah, it's for money, obviously, but at least it's not a shitty job like a lot of people do.
I just hope those shows aren't too expensive.

For me it's a great idea.
15.07.2022 - 16:08
Nejde
Written by ChapuLviz on 15.07.2022 at 15:41

I've never seen Pantera before, this could be that opportunity. Everyone knows that is half Pantera, but the rest is dead... yeah, it's for money, obviously, but at least it's not a shitty job like a lot of people do.

This will not be Pantera. The band was formed by Darrell and Vinnie Paul in their garage when they were teenagers. No Abbotts, not Pantera. This would be like watching Death without Chuck.
15.07.2022 - 16:19
Panzer
I don't like this idea at all.
15.07.2022 - 16:21
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
Written by Nejde on 15.07.2022 at 16:08

Written by ChapuLviz on 15.07.2022 at 15:41

This will not be Pantera. The band was formed by Darrell and Vinnie Paul in their garage when they were teenagers. No Abbotts, not Pantera. This would be like watching Death without Chuck.

Are you trying to convince me?... I don't limit my fun, look at me buying my ticket.
15.07.2022 - 17:10
Panzer
Queen without Freddy Mercury does work, Pantera without Dimebag & Vinnie probably will not.

Maybe they convince Zakk Wylde to be a part of that mission - At least Dime in his fancy coffin would approve...
15.07.2022 - 17:45
Luneth
Written by Panzer on 15.07.2022 at 17:10

Queen without Freddy Mercury does work, Pantera without Dimebag & Vinnie probably will not.

Maybe they convince Zakk Wylde to be a part of that mission - At least Dime in his fancy coffin would approve...

I don't know. I mean Freddie was Queen and they know this by crediting themselves as "Queen and Adam Lambert", because they are they're own tribute band now.

No disrespect with Dime and Vinnie, but they weren't massive virtuosos for their respected instruments. Not saying they're bad musicians, but Vinnie and moreso Dime are always given so much more credit than they deserve. Many if not all of Pantera's biggest hits are just the same guitar and drum loops. Honestly, anyone who can play drums and guitar moderately well would be able to play their songs.

Also not saying this tour shouldn't happen. I'm sure it'll be a good time and a great tribute to the Abbotts.
15.07.2022 - 18:01
Panzer
Referring to Queen you're probably right.

But when it comes to Dime - who was in my opinion an outstanding musician - I think not only of his play. I mean the whole package comes to mind, him beeing so entertaining and goofy and so on. This is what's missing nowadays. Real personalities in metal - aside from being a good musician.
And that would be missed on stage for sure.
15.07.2022 - 18:41
Nejde
Written by Luneth on 15.07.2022 at 17:45

No disrespect with Dime and Vinnie, but they weren't massive virtuosos for their respected instruments. Not saying they're bad musicians, but Vinnie and moreso Dime are always given so much more credit than they deserve. Many if not all of Pantera's biggest hits are just the same guitar and drum loops. Honestly, anyone who can play drums and guitar moderately well would be able to play their songs.

This is a ridicilous statement. Guitar World has Dimebag as the second best metal guitarist after Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler called him "One of the greatest musicians to grace our world" after his murder. Floods from The Great Southern Trendkill is always ranked high on Greatest guitar solos lists. And please do name at least a couple of songs that has the same guitar and drum loops. What other song sound like Cemetery Gates or Domination or Walk or I'm Broken. Baffle me.
And when it comes to Vinnie Paul, I agree that he wasn't the greatest drummer of all time but he had such a unique style which is easily distinguished from other drummers no matter if it was with Pantera, Damageplan or Hellyeah.
Also Pantera are considered the pioneers of groove metal. Their influence on the metal scene is massive and both Dimebag and Vinnie Paul were and still are highly loved and respected among fans and fellow musicians. So they definitely get all the credit they deserve.
And many guitarists have tried to copy Dimebag's style and none have succeeded so I would like to see you play their songs...
15.07.2022 - 18:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I never had the chance of catching Pantera in concert and I will not pass up this chance especially with such a great lineup. My prediction for guitar and drums was Zakk Wylde and Brad from Rage Against the Machine, I guess it was pretty close.
15.07.2022 - 18:50
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
15.07.2022 - 19:01
Panzer
Written by RaduP on 15.07.2022 at 18:50

Hahahaha, this is gold.
16.07.2022 - 15:59
antvre
I was excited for a millisecond.. then i remembered that the two other guys are dead..
16.07.2022 - 16:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 15.07.2022 at 18:41

I never had the chance of catching Pantera in concert and I will not pass up this chance especially with such a great lineup. My prediction for guitar and drums was Zakk Wylde and Brad from Rage Against the Machine, I guess it was pretty close.

I agree, singer can not be replaced in this case, might be cool if they play in a Europe
----

18.07.2022 - 09:20
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Pecunia non olet.
18.07.2022 - 17:13
JoHn Doe
Written by Panzer on 15.07.2022 at 17:10

How does Queen without Freddie work? It didn't work with Paul Rodgers, it didn't feel like I was listening to Queen (and i love Paul Rodgers). The new guy, Adam Lambert is even worse. Unlistenable to me and I have tried.

I agree Pantera without the brothers probably won't work. It would be decent of the two remaining members if they did not use the Pantera name though.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
18.07.2022 - 18:56
Nejde
Here's a glimpse of what to expect. People in the comments are all fired up but I'm not impressed at all. Even though Phil actually sounds quite good (with the quality of the video given) this is still not Pantera. Pantera was and will always be the Abbotts' band.
18.07.2022 - 20:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Those who say band won't work, thete are many, maybe 90 % fans who will buy tickets at first day pre sail and travel across the seven seas to see the band playing
----

19.07.2022 - 10:49
How does one pay tribute to party boys? By partying, of course.
----
Live, Die, Rise, Revenge, Repeat.
21.07.2022 - 12:05
Ball Fondlers

... This would be like watching Death without Chuck.

Which happened, but at least they called it Death DTA. It was a decent show.
I'd happily go see a Pantera cover band, but I wouldn't pay good money for it, better if it was part of a festival
25.07.2022 - 05:26
CWA

That is irrelavant as they are not making new music. This is a great opportunity to see classic pantera songs played live and sung by the original vocalist. It's not quite like seeing death without chuck, which i did by the way, and it was great.
04.08.2022 - 06:00
Cthulu
They could have at least changed the name. Touring as 'Pantera' feels wrong
04.08.2022 - 10:52
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Waiting for Terry Glaze and Tommy Bradford to create their own Pantera.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?

Hits total: 2505 | This month: 10