Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
07.03.2009 - 02:19
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 07.03.2009 at 00:56

and then in live it gets... epic lol

Damn... I'm so pissed of because they didn't add that song on the dvd because it was too ofensive... Not on my copy at least.

Fuck the pigs who think dildos are scarry....
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.03.2009 - 02:51
spoonerX
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.03.2009 at 02:19

Written by spoonerX on 07.03.2009 at 00:56

and then in live it gets... epic lol

Fuck the pigs who think dildos are scarry....

I have the original unscensored VHS... but the version that I have on my iPod is the american version of the DVD... and they are afraid of dildos..

I showed the live of Bück Dich to some of my Canadian friends and they were so shocked... they wondered how I got inside a concert where a performance like that was featured.. lol
----
its when you travel that you realise that man will never really belong to a country...

Attending:
Rammstein - Paris, Bercy: 8th of december
08.03.2009 - 18:22
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
My version of the DVD must be the uncensored version as well because it has Bück Dich. Didn't know it was censored in the States. That's just stupid
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.03.2009 - 23:13
spoonerX
In fact I have no idea of the exact details.. I lived in Germany when I bought the VHS...
----
its when you travel that you realise that man will never really belong to a country...

Attending:
08.03.2009 - 23:32
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by GT on 08.03.2009 at 18:22

My version of the DVD must be the uncensored version as well because it has Bück Dich. Didn't know it was censored in the States. That's just stupid

Everything is censored in the states
09.03.2009 - 00:17
spoonerX
I never wanna live there... its crazy.. I have to order so much stuff online because of that...
they're afraid of everything.. they dont want kids see any sexual content.. and then look at the movies that are made there.. ppffff...

and then its supposed to be a free country..
----

Attending:
13.03.2009 - 05:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.03.2009 at 00:45

Written by spoonerX on 07.03.2009 at 00:35

Lol Bück Dich and all other Rein Raus of the same type

Yeah... when I listened the song for the first time it was like "Damn ....this song is truly catchy"

But when I read the translations I went:
"....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet "

Happened with Rein Raus.
Awesome lyrics
Anyway. I just relistened to their albums, and I remain on my stateent that ther first three are their best. The others lack of something...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
13.03.2009 - 14:00
VPeter
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 13.03.2009 at 05:33

Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.03.2009 at 00:45

Written by spoonerX on 07.03.2009 at 00:35

Lol Bück Dich and all other Rein Raus of the same type

Yeah... when I listened the song for the first time it was like "Damn ....this song is truly catchy"

But when I read the translations I went:
"....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet "

Happened with Rein Raus.
Awesome lyrics
Anyway. I just relistened to their albums, and I remain on my stateent that ther first three are their best. The others lack of something...

They lack aggressiveness and that Industrial touch which the earlier albums had. Reise, Reise was still kinda good but Rosenrot is just down right awful. Rosenrot is entirely comprised out of weak and soft songs, which were present on each Rammstein album as the last 2 tracks and nobody seems to like those to. You can also clearly hear that Rosenrot was made out of leftovers, the only hard songs seem so inspire less and bland.
13.03.2009 - 19:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I agree with Petur... The three albums [especially the first 2 imo] have a really mechanical and straigh forward music.

Everything is just like a kick in the face...
----
Rod, let me love you.
14.03.2009 - 01:52
spoonerX
One thing.. listen to a song like Weisses Fleisch... then listen to the song Keine Lust... you'll feel that "something" is wrong...
----

Attending:
14.03.2009 - 02:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 14.03.2009 at 01:52

One thing.. listen to a song like Weisses Fleisch... then listen to the song Keine Lust... you'll feel that "something" is wrong...

Exactly... I really miss the sickness of those old songs. And Till's voice is so powerful on that track.

dein weisses Fleisch ERLEUCHTET MICH!!!! *fucking sweet solo here*
Now that's the real thing...

I just have to listen to that thing now
----
Rod, let me love you.
14.03.2009 - 03:04
spoonerX
Wish I was of the ones who assisted to the concerts on the Herzeleid tour... lucky bitches...
----

Attending:
14.03.2009 - 15:00
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Imo the last 2 albums are also pretty good, but the expectations were so high because of the 3 masterpieces they released before . But some of the newer songs are really good like for example "Mann Gegen Mann" and "Spring"
14.03.2009 - 20:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 14.03.2009 at 03:04

Wish I was of the ones who assisted to the concerts on the Herzeleid tour... lucky bitches...

I wish I was of the ones that has been on a rammstein concert.... LUCKY BITCHES.

O wait!!! I wish I have been in a real concert seeing a band that I like... mmm, no... that has never happen.

LUCKY BITCHES.
----
Rod, let me love you.
15.03.2009 - 19:33
spoonerX
Written by Diabolos on 14.03.2009 at 15:00

Imo the last 2 albums are also pretty good, but the expectations were so high because of the 3 masterpieces they released before . But some of the newer songs are really good like for example "Mann Gegen Mann" and "Spring"

Spring?

gosh that song is like a dark hole sucking the rest of the album inside...
----

Attending:
16.03.2009 - 00:58
ToMegaTherion
Rammstein are amazing, i have had the fortune of seeing them once years ago now. They were amazing, great showmen and entertainers. With some good albums to go with it.
16.03.2009 - 14:20
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by spoonerX on 15.03.2009 at 19:33

Written by Diabolos on 14.03.2009 at 15:00

Spring?

You're right, it's totally different than the typical Rammstein Songs but I love the atmosphere of that song, and the lyrics are also great imo, although that's nothing surprising . I also understand that many Rammstein fans don't like this song, but I think it's good if there are some different songs and not the same stuff all the time ^^
16.03.2009 - 18:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Spring?

Lol... that was actually one of the few highlights of the album for me along with Mann Gegen Mann and Feuer und Wasser.

The song is different but good. I wanted more songs like this. It remains me a little bit of "Neben" and "Mutter".
And like Diabolos said... The lyrics are quite good, better than other rammstein songs. And that says a lot since most of their lyrics are brilliant.
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.03.2009 - 18:43
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.03.2009 at 18:17

Spring?

Lol... that was actually one of the few highlights of the album for me along with Mann Gegen Mann and Feuer und Wasser.

The song is different but good. I wanted more songs like this. It remains me a little bit of "Neben" and "Mutter".
And like Diabolos said... The lyrics are quite good, better than other rammstein songs. And that says a lot since most of their lyrics are brilliant.

And I feared that I'm the only one who likes that song
16.03.2009 - 20:24
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Diabolos on 16.03.2009 at 18:43

Spring?

Oh no you're not. That song is brilliant. So dark and well...something
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.03.2009 - 22:32
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by GT on 16.03.2009 at 20:24

Written by Diabolos on 16.03.2009 at 18:43

Spring?

Oh no you're not. That song is brilliant. So dark and well...something

Yeah, as i said, the atmosphere is amazing
18.03.2009 - 03:50
spoonerX
The atmosphere is really bad Imo.. but anyways..
I like more Feuer und wasser.. I play it with my bass guitar and it sounds like Seemann when the bass is at a higher voilume...
----

Attending:
18.03.2009 - 14:00
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Seemann is the only song of Rammstein to which I can't listen
18.03.2009 - 16:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 18.03.2009 at 03:50

The atmosphere is really bad Imo.. but anyways..
I like more Feuer und wasser.. I play it with my bass guitar and it sounds like Seemann when the bass is at a higher voilume...

Well, at least we agree that Feuer und Wasser is a good song. Although it doesn't remains me of Seemann at all.
----
Rod, let me love you.
22.03.2009 - 02:20
spoonerX
Do you play bass?..
----

Attending:
22.03.2009 - 02:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 22.03.2009 at 02:20

Do you play bass?..

You don't need to have cancer to study it's symptoms
Tastes and ears differ... For me the melody is just different.
On seeman the bass goes too fast to be similar on the one from Feuer Und Wasser. In my humble opinion of course
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.03.2009 - 23:07
VPeter
Even tough Rosenrot drowned my love for Rammstein in a sea of diarrhea, I still look forward to the new Rammstein album. It can't become that awful as Rosenrot.
24.03.2009 - 04:29
The Butt
Account deleted
Well tbh, the video that they had on the official website for that short time (called Mehr... might still be on youtube somewhere), had Sehnsucht influences.

So there's hope yet.
24.03.2009 - 17:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by VPeter on 23.03.2009 at 23:07

Even tough Rosenrot drowned my love for Rammstein in a sea of diarrhea, I still look forward to the new Rammstein album. It can't become that awful as Rosenrot.

Same here... Rosenrot was a mehh album with few good tracks. But I also hope that they will get better.
Rosenrot was just an album full with left-over's so there's hope imo.
----
Rod, let me love you.
29.03.2009 - 20:41
spoonerX
There's more then hope I think:

people were disapointed by Reise reise and Rosenrot because expectaions were rly high..
since The last 2 albums sucked we dont have rly high standards..

and anyways Its R+.. so its gonna be awsome!!

oh and I watched Live aus Berlin the other day.. I thought: god I miss the old days.. XD
----

Attending: