Metal Storm logo
Question for an Answer

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 09.11.2007 - 00:48
This is a thread for any questions that are quick and that do not require its own thread. Questions can range anywhere as long as they are appropriate.

Please post in this format if there is a large amount of questions:

If you are asking a question, please label it a question as it will be easier for other users to recognize.
Quote:

Question: What is the best Metal site?

If you are answering a question, please QUOTE the question and label your answer as "answer".
Quote:

Quote:

Question: What is the best Metal site?

Answer: Metalstorm.ee is!

Rules:
- Please follow the rules of posting.
- This is NOT a discussion thread.
- Do not comment a question about it being a good one or a bad one, as there is no need to.
- Only post in this thread if your are asking or answering a question.
- If your question is not answered, give it a few days. Chances are if nobody answers it for a while, its because they do not know the answer. If your question needs immediate attention, PM someone who would have the knowledge to answer it.
- There is no room for being funny here, that means do not post false information, or asking stupid questions. Doing so will get you reported.

If you have a question that is site related, please post it here in the Quick Questions Thread!
20.02.2022 - 08:55
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Hello my fellow Metalstormer, i need help solving this thing i guess, both academically or generalization analyzer can help.

What terminology or word or professional academically term can be refer to these:

Will to power, fortune favor the bold, who dare will, mafia, real man, military predator, real man manliness, the strong rule the weak, metal rock, machievilian, psychophath joker, batman, superman, tough guy, hunter thompson anredlin testoterone literature, manly heming works, gangster, aryan brotherhood, horror, gangs land, hitler nazi, nietsche, martial art , samurai warrior, warrior, mma, ufc, politic, criminal, godfather, mind power, sprituality, self control, real man alpha male, workout testosterone,..

You know I encounter Metal at 15, by then I have a chance in US, I was huge shock encounter with the culture of straight up lifestyle. But I cant sum up such those thing belongs to which it calls in academic or professional and even common thing in life. Lots of Metalstormers really smart, and well round knowlegde , or native western there help me please. thanks
07.03.2022 - 20:36
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by [user id=172292] on 20.02.2022 at 08:55

Hello my fellow Metalstormer, i need help solving this thing i guess, both academically or generalization analyzer can help.

I'd love to help you, but I'm having trouble understanding the purpose of this whole thing. Is that a question you've asked yourself, or is there someone you need to answer this for? Did you come up with this list of terms yourself?
I'm asking because I simply can't imagine any situation in which anyone could raise this specific question, or even a similar question. It hardly makes any sense to me.
----
signatures = SPAM
07.03.2022 - 21:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
That is indeed a weird question.

You want a single term to summarize all of that? That sounds... Impossible
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.03.2022 - 14:51
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Thanks you two, i really appreciate. What I mean is I seen in usa the culture is very strongly manly directed, just like metal rock singing in denying weakness. Somehow what I mean one word for all refered to personality, I guess is conservatist, rebulican.. I dont know, I mean summing up for all I say is one word refered to powerful personality like that..
08.03.2022 - 15:14
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Its the question I ask myself to discover one word summerize for all such terms, i think its like psychology field, superiority complex, conservatist or republican, I mean for powerful personality.
08.03.2022 - 19:11
nikarg
Staff
Written by [user id=172292] on 08.03.2022 at 15:14

Its the question I ask myself to discover one word summerize for all such terms, i think its like psychology field, superiority complex, conservatist or republican, I mean for powerful personality.

You might be referring to Alfred Adler's "Ruling" or "Dominant" personality type.
08.03.2022 - 21:52
IronAngel
Written by [user id=172292] on 08.03.2022 at 15:14

There's no catch-all term to refer to all of that stuff in your first post, and they don't all seem very related at all, but a lot of it seems to fall under "toxic masculinity". That is, idealizing aggressive hyper-masculinity.
09.03.2022 - 15:02
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Yeah its both true and good sugestion. I like it and will research more of it, the Alfred Adler the ruling dominant personality style, thank you nikarg. And yea toxic masculinty, idealizing aggressive hypermasculity, see I know you can help me IronAngel. I really like your answer suggestion
09.03.2022 - 19:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What's going on?
11.04.2022 - 06:09
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Hi Metalstormers guys friends, how have you been doing ? I need your help on this problem, I know you guys living in your country knowing how to drive car, I would like to be helped as couod you guys recommend me the books teaching driving car, the stuff helped you getting driving car, I know a lots of Metalstormer can drive car, so I am very looking forward to your help. Thanks guys.
11.04.2022 - 23:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=172292] on 11.04.2022 at 06:09

Hi Metalstormers guys friends, how have you been doing ? I need your help on this problem, I know you guys living in your country knowing how to drive car, I would like to be helped as couod you guys recommend me the books teaching driving car, the stuff helped you getting driving car, I know a lots of Metalstormer can drive car, so I am very looking forward to your help. Thanks guys.

Local trafikschool
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.04.2022 - 05:01
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 11.04.2022 at 23:12

Written by [user id=172292] on 11.04.2022 at 06:09

Local trafikschool

Bad English Edgar, I want teaching book, I guess there stuff exists...
12.04.2022 - 07:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Non book will teach you drive a car. It's easy.
Put a key, check if gear is in neutral, start a car, put clutch pedal down, put gear stick in first then same time gass pedal down, clutch same time up, when car start to drive, same moves then put it in second.
----

12.04.2022 - 07:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And every time before you start to drive, you need put diesel 10cl in washing fluid place and kooolyd should be mixed whit 2 tack oil other wise car won't run. And air filters should be charged whit power before you drive
----

21.04.2022 - 08:04
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Thanks Edgar, though I still need a book teaching, come on Metalstorm guys!
21.04.2022 - 11:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=172292] on 21.04.2022 at 08:04

I yes in warm countries you need our dejoun mustard in a oil tank other wise it will overheat.
----

21.04.2022 - 12:44
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.04.2022 at 11:59

Written by [user id=172292] on 21.04.2022 at 08:04

I yes in warm countries you need our dejoun mustard in a oil tank other wise it will overheat.

Yeah thank you so much, man why dont you use facebook anymore I miss old day.
01.05.2022 - 15:40
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Come on Metalstormers, recommend me good driving car teaching book. Thanks guys.
02.05.2022 - 20:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
God, I don't think you following BE suggestions correctly.

His insights are interesting.
03.05.2022 - 14:42
IronAngel
Written by [user id=172292] on 01.05.2022 at 15:40

Come on Metalstormers, recommend me good driving car teaching book. Thanks guys.

Why don't you check which teaching materials your local driving schools use? Handling your car is maybe 10% of driving. The bulk of driving lessons involves studying traffic regulations and practicing them on the road. We really can't know Vietnamese regulations.
03.05.2022 - 14:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by IronAngel on 03.05.2022 at 14:42

Written by [user id=172292] on 01.05.2022 at 15:40

Why don't you check which teaching materials your local driving schools use? Handling your car is maybe 10% of driving. The bulk of driving lessons involves studying traffic regulations and practicing them on the road. We really can't know Vietnamese regulations.

I doubt in Vietnam has so strick N good traffic rules as in the Europe. Like I said to him non book can help him.
Cluch down, gear to first, gas and same time gluch up and when you feel car starts to drive. Easy but do in practice, only doing it till you learn.
Same time he needs put Dejon mustard in a fuel since in Vietnam its super humid.
----

04.05.2022 - 16:02
GODfatherHIMself
Account deleted
Thanks guys, im nearly 35, and here in vietnam, i guess 2/3 population dont drive car, me among such group, such me and ppl driving scooter everyday. I even dont have enough money to buy car here. As traffically, we drive like French on the right, car control wheel seat on the left. There is car local school, I never joined cuz I dont have car, and especially, im mental, so abit social anxiety and awkward.. Until now I just played driving simulation game, though I can read english, thats why I need book teaching cuz I understand english. Thanks guys thanks Edgar guide, if there book feel free to recommend me, I guess you guys have your material book stuff like that or software cuz I know you guys driving car.
17.02.2023 - 14:21
UNDERWORLDHerein
Account deleted
Hello Metalstormers Fellows, I need your help about this question today. There is a quote " fear makes the wolf bigger than he is". What does that German quote really mean ?. Can all German Metalstormers and others help me understand the quote. Does that mean: fear makes the wolf stronger and tougher ?. Thanks guys and I will discuss with you.
17.02.2023 - 15:17
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by [user id=172292] on 17.02.2023 at 14:21

Hello Metalstormers Fellows, I need your help about this question today. There is a quote " fear makes the wolf bigger than he is". What does that German quote really mean ?. Can all German Metalstormers and others help me understand the quote. Does that mean: fear makes the wolf stronger and tougher ?. Thanks guys and I will discuss with you.

First of all, this is a pretty silly question and it's neither urgent nor important. There's absolutely no need to spam multiple threads and the shoutbox for this nonsense. More over, this proverb is self-explanatory. You don't have to be German to get its meaning.

To answer your question... Wolves are, like all canine, said to be able to smell the fear of their opponents. The more fear you show, the more likely they are to attack. In a figurative sense, this means that you should keep your cool even when danger is imminent, because it's often only irrational panic and groundless fear that may turn a small problem into a life-threatening situation.
----
signatures = SPAM
17.02.2023 - 15:29
UNDERWORLDherein
Account deleted
Thanks for your answer and help. I really appreciate.
17.02.2023 - 15:35
Taravilyaion
It doesn't even have to be an actual wolf or any wild (dangerous) animal, as it's just a saying.
These fear emotions are powerful, and they can apply to anything you fear, like getting married or driving the fastest car in the world on maximum speed.

Once you had that fearful experience you can still be afraid or you can have conquered your fear because of it.
----
"The best violence against one is the violence no one ever forgets.."
18.02.2023 - 15:40
UNDERWORLDherein
Account deleted
Thanks fellow MetalStormer.
26.04.2023 - 15:35
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
I'm interested to know how people here would answer the question at the centre of my favourite computer game, Planescape: Torment. The question haunting the protagonist throughout the game is "What can change the nature of a man?"

I suppose "man" is to be interpreted as "human" in this sense. Well, what do you think?
26.04.2023 - 18:36
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
When in doubt, ask Socrates. Never disappoints.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
03.05.2023 - 22:01
IronAngel
Well, the question sort of presupposes there is an essential "nature" to humankind or individuals. There is not.