Metal Storm logo
The Beard Thread

Original post

Posted by Zombie, 11.08.2010 - 01:22
This is the thread for any Metalstormers who have beards !

so, what's your beard like?
Do you have a full beard? a chin beard? a goatee ? ...

if you dont have a beard, then what is your stance on beards, with or against?

so, let the bearded fun begin !
14.08.2010 - 17:37
Vombatus
Potorro
I always like having a goatee beard but sometimes I just grow full beard for 2 or 3 months. Cool thing about full beard is that people tell me I look like Jesus.... until they realise i'm wearing a black or death metal t-shirt
14.08.2010 - 17:40
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Bad English on 14.08.2010 at 14:24

Written by Diabolos on 14.08.2010 at 12:40

There are many footballers with beards, although I have to admit that not many have full beards

I mean full beard like amon amarth singer, ok not so long but etleast half or 40% those 10 days Ryan Giggs style is not beard but normal face

Yeah, I also don't count beards like that, but there are many that have a beard but not a full one (and also some that have (or had) a full one, like Gattuso).
14.08.2010 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Diabolos on 14.08.2010 at 17:40

There are many footballers with beards, although I have to admit that not many have full beards

I mean full beard like amon amarth singer, ok not so long but etleast half or 40% those 10 days Ryan Giggs style is not beard but normal face

Yeah, I also don't count beards like that, but there are many that have a beard but not a full one (and also some that have (or had) a full one, like Gattuso).

Austrian hockey player has beard , forgot his name, but Gatusso is more stylish, I mean wild
he spend stime whit beard like female whit hair, I mean extremly wild
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.08.2010 - 18:52
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Bad English on 14.08.2010 at 17:46

Written by Diabolos on 14.08.2010 at 17:40

Austrian hockey player has beard , forgot his name, but Gatusso is more stylish, I mean wild

You probably mean Markus Peintner
15.08.2010 - 04:20
Richard
Elite
Written by Ragana on 14.08.2010 at 05:44

Yea, in Ancient Rome... I'll probably like beard on men when I'm 50 years old, lol.
I just see it like you guys don't care about your looks. I'm absolutely not saying it always has to be completely shaved, but my first impression of somebody is better if I see he cares about his looks. That is, if he has done ANYTHING to make that hairy bush of a beard to look better, to not look like he's really living in the woods - to look decently.

"To look decently"?! Good Heavens, woman, this is Metal Storm, not Pretty Boy Storm!
----
15.08.2010 - 06:43
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Richard on 15.08.2010 at 04:20

Yea, in Ancient Rome... I'll probably like beard on men when I'm 50 years old, lol.
I just see it like you guys don't care about your looks. I'm absolutely not saying it always has to be completely shaved, but my first impression of somebody is better if I see he cares about his looks. That is, if he has done ANYTHING to make that hairy bush of a beard to look better, to not look like he's really living in the woods - to look decently.

"To look decently"?! Good Heavens, woman, this is Metal Storm, not Pretty Boy Storm!

A metal head can look decently too.
15.08.2010 - 12:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ragana on 15.08.2010 at 06:43

The problem here is that I really fail to see how having a beard like this guys goes along with "They don't care about their looks" or "looking decently", it's not related at all... I mean... It's hair too, you have to keep it in a good shape. Guys with beards sure as hell have to keep them clean. I believe that the only guys with beards who don't care about the looks of it are the homeless/poor dudes.

And I can't have facial hair... But if I could, I sure as hell would try a goatee
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.08.2010 - 12:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

yep and work in a bank and get pissed of money and stop listen metal
----

apos;'
[image]
15.08.2010 - 13:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 14.08.2010 at 17:46

Gatusso was who I was going to mention. I do remember one though! Alexi Lalas who used to play for the USA. (retired now I think) He had quite a long, wild red beard.

@Hells Angels: I guess I asked for that... lol I think it depends on the guy as well, some guys suit beards better than others. There are some really attractive guys who dont have beards. xD Plus, when I said "facial hair" I didnt necessarily mean guys with full beards.
15.08.2010 - 17:34
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath

who the hell said that having a beard makes u 'indecent' ? people throughout history hd beards, its only recently in this globalized world that shaving your beard became the "trend" .. and sorry.. i dont go by trends
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
15.08.2010 - 17:52
Kennoth
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.08.2010 at 12:17

And I can't have facial hair... But if I could, I sure as hell would try a goatee

Why can't you?
----
*insert something deep and profound*
15.08.2010 - 18:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Kennoth on 15.08.2010 at 17:52

Why can't you?

I just can't... I don't have hair in my arms either and only recently I started to have hair in my legs but only near my heels. Same goes to face... if a hair shows up... it's just tiny and awkward
----
Rod, let me love you.
15.08.2010 - 18:42
Kennoth
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.08.2010 at 18:36

Written by Kennoth on 15.08.2010 at 17:52

Why can't you?

I just can't... I don't have hair in my arms either and only recently I started to have hair in my legs but only near my heels. Same goes to face... if a hair shows up... it's just tiny and awkward

Well, my beard and mustache started growing late as well. First hairs were noticeable when I was 16, but not until 17 is when there was anything to shave. It's still not as thick as you'd expect, so I trim it regularly.

In a year or so, you should probably see some progress, in the meantime (I'm sure you've heard this before), trim or shave even those little hairs you have often, that might accelerate the growth.
----
15.08.2010 - 19:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Kennoth on 15.08.2010 at 18:42

In a year or so, you should probably see some progress, in the meantime (I'm sure you've heard this before), trim or shave even those little hairs you have often, that might accelerate the growth.

Yup, I do shave the little hairs XP. I still don't know if I want a goatee, probably when I'm tired of the long hair. I'm ok with the hair I already have XD
----
Rod, let me love you.
15.08.2010 - 19:53
Kennoth
Try goatee with long hair then xD
----
18.08.2010 - 10:51
Hamird
Lieutenant

Then it would be Pretty Boy Breeze...

---

I tried long beard once, and long goatee... But when I had them I looked so scary! So for now I decided to get rid of them. Currently I have nothing on my face! But anyway, long beard is cool! Those who haven't it, have no idea how fun it would be playing with them, when you're thinking! And also it helps to get rid of stress For instance playing with them while watching football and so on ...
18.08.2010 - 15:10
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I've gone from wild bushman beard to cleaned up cheeks and neck and trimmed down with a pair of clippers. I look so... civilised.
----
27.07.2011 - 01:24
JD
Account deleted
Never had a full beard, I'm a goatee dude since I was 18.
27.07.2011 - 02:58
Ernis
狼獾
I've tried several types... right now I'm happily sporting two hockey-sticks on either side...
27.07.2011 - 03:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Im trying now 2 months no shave but Im getting tired, IM keeping it because of lazyness and I dont like spend my money so I dont buy trimmer
----

apos;'
[image]
27.07.2011 - 19:59
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Decided that ill grow a full bear. Still much more to come...
20.04.2012 - 05:04
Conemetal
I have a very thick, white and full beard, but I'm shaved during the summer, every year and my beard grows from May to September.
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
20.04.2012 - 07:07
Branzig
I'm kinda mad at myself that I didn't look for this thread a while ago.

I just shaved my beard off for summer 3 nights ago lol.

I'll just post pics never year I suppose and talk about how much I love my beard then haha.
----
In Grind We Crust
21.04.2012 - 02:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 21.04.2012 at 00:24

Last time I shaved was in autumn... I think... it was a mistake because being a bit rough around the edges helps me hide the fact that my face is mirror-cracking material...

I havent shaved 2 months and I have no mood to do it Imw atim when someone buy me trimmer, maybe I shood start date she will buy and I left here , but seriusly I hate nowdays razors anoying and long
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2012 - 05:37
Branzig
Written by Ernis on 21.04.2012 at 00:24

Last time I shaved was in autumn... I think... it was a mistake because being a bit rough around the edges helps me hide the fact that my face is mirror-cracking material...

I don't have that problem. I am really good looking!

I keep a goatee year round pretty much though.
----
In Grind We Crust
23.04.2012 - 08:25
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.08.2010 at 18:36

Haha same here, though I do have a beard, the hair on my arms and legs are miniscule in comparison to my facial hair
I now get called "Sexy Legs" Michael

We should have a post your beard's as part of this thread. Right now I have just a chin beard/goatee with a bit of a tickler. I did have a full beard till I shaved it off a week back. But then again my full beard wasn't like one of those viking type beards.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
23.04.2012 - 08:35
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Keep the beards flowing, lads.
----
7.0 means the album is good
23.04.2012 - 08:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I've been growing mine out for about two weeks now for the NHL playoffs. Won't be shaving until mid-June, and even then I might just "manage" it and go with a legitimate beard again.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.04.2012 - 11:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
All the Beard chaps: How you feel when food, stick or even your own drops of puke stuck into the bunch of grown beard?

perhaps may be that's the only reason i won't led that grow up.
23.04.2012 - 11:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 23.04.2012 at 11:08
All the Beard chaps: How you feel when food, stick or even your own drops of puke stuck into the bunch of grown beard?

How uncivilized do you think we are?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."