Metal Storm logo
German Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Promonex, 25.05.2006 - 19:13
I grievously missed this thread in the old forum, so here it is. German Metalstormers, where are you? Talks and discussions about stuff going on in Germany, metal or not, deeply desired!
25.04.2007 - 15:47
baldur
cech beer is also nice for example budweiser and pilsner urquell!!

there are so many festivals in germany i would like to go to but they are all so very expensive
25.04.2007 - 18:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by baldur on 25.04.2007 at 15:47

cech beer is also nice for example budweiser and pilsner urquell!!

there are so many festivals in germany i would like to go to but they are all so very expensive

And one more think Cz beer are cheeper I love those small beers local beers and such thinsg not comercial beers like Karlsberg
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.07.2007 - 13:51
_Wotan_
I'm planning a trip to Berlin, and I need some info about places to sleep (cheap as it can be), to have a good drink, to visit, stores to check out, and stuff like that. Also if you have any advices or something like that, feel free to soy it

Thanks
----
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
[center][/center]
24.10.2007 - 21:42
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hey there German dudes, I have a question: does anyone know the band called Obscura?? I think they are from Berlin...
----
24.10.2007 - 23:17
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
I was supposed to see them at a festival last year, but for some reason I've passed them on. Why you asking?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
25.10.2007 - 12:48
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Promonex on 24.10.2007 at 23:17

I was supposed to see them at a festival last year, but for some reason I've passed them on. Why you asking?

Nothing special, just seen no one mentioned them, so I dont know what people think abut them... Well, do you know their music?
----
25.10.2007 - 19:33
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Nope. That festival was nearly exclusively death metal, everything pretty much in the same vein, so I needed some breaks to appreciate at least some of the bands that played there. Obscura was one of those breaks. Morbid Angel another one
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
25.10.2007 - 21:00
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Promonex on 25.10.2007 at 19:33

Nope. That festival was nearly exclusively death metal, everything pretty much in the same vein, so I needed some breaks to appreciate at least some of the bands that played there. Obscura was one of those breaks. Morbid Angel another one

Well, I can tell you that they are pretty good, I mean, at least live, I liked them live very much, but when I listened to the album later, it felt like entirely different band....
But I mean, they came here from Germany to play in some hole in front of 20-30 people, not more, and they played like it was 1000. Not many bands are like that today....
----
25.10.2007 - 22:51
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
That's how I experienced Manticora when they supported Andromeda on their tour. The sales for the gig were poor already, so there were only like 20 people when Manticora took the stage and of those 20 I seemed to be the only one who actually knew Manticora. Nonetheless they pulled off an awesome show, Lars posed like he always does and they overall seemed to have a lot of fun despite of the meager crowd.
----
27.11.2007 - 18:29
Finicella
Account deleted
Is this thread supposed to have posts like "Oh, I love Germany"? Just kidding. ^^

As you can see I'm also from Germany. Nice to see that there are a few also from Germany. :3
29.11.2007 - 04:42
Anton Alcolust
hey germans !
i have a question because i was in germany 3 time since May 2007 to now . and i have the impression that the 'metal music' is like here in france pop/rock music .
explication : maybe it was because i was at 3 festivals , but in the street i saw some metal concert poster on the wall , etc . and people with leather jacket and patched stuff aren't looked like strangers by people .

and to conclude , ermmm ,just that i like this country , beer is cheap (hmm franciskaner) , berlin is a nice town (but not the east side :s) and ich spreche schlechte deutsh !
----
A.M.S.G.
30.11.2007 - 19:57
Finicella
Account deleted
Written by Anton Alcolust on 29.11.2007 at 04:42

and i have the impression that the 'metal music' is like here in france pop/rock music .
explication : maybe it was because i was at 3 festivals , but in the street i saw some metal concert poster on the wall , etc . and people with leather jacket and patched stuff aren't looked like strangers by people .

Eh? I don't have this impression at all...
I hope I get it right: You were at Wacken or some other festivals? So I think it was just that you saw only metalheads because of that.
If you normally walk down a street (I, for example, live in Bavaria, don't know if this is different in Berlin or Saxon or whatever) you just see people wearing shirts that are much too long and baggy jeans. Shortly said: Hip Hop Fans. And if this isn't the case you see normal people... You don't see many of them. (But in Germany you can see maaaany little kiddies who like Tokio Hotel, a band that plays definitely Black Metal. [<- this is sarcasm, of course. TH is a teenie band which you shouldn't listen to])

Btw. nice you speak a bit German :3 I think my French would be as good as your German.
30.11.2007 - 20:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=27150] on 30.11.2007 at 19:57

Written by Anton Alcolust on 29.11.2007 at 04:42

and i have the impression that the 'metal music' is like here in france pop/rock music .

Eh? I don't have this impression at all...
I hope I get it right: You were at Wacken or some other festivals? So I think it was just that you saw only metalheads because of that.
If you normally walk down a street (I, for example, live in Bavaria, don't know if this is different in Berlin or Saxon or whatever) you just see people wearing shirts that are much too long and baggy jeans. Shortly said: Hip Hop Fans. And if this isn't the case you see normal people... You don't see many of them. (But in Germany you can see maaaany little kiddies who like Tokio Hotel, a band that plays definitely Black Metal. [<- this is sarcasm, of course. TH is a teenie band which you shouldn't listen to])

Btw. nice you speak a bit German :3 I think my French would be as good as your German.

You live in Munchen?

About metal its ewery where such thinks becaus eo TV blame parents that thay alowe watch kids MTV
in 80ties such crap wanst one TV metal in CD in TV football it was life,
----

apos;'
[image]
01.12.2007 - 12:39
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Hey, nice to see some more Germans in here

I don't know how it is in other countries, but it is indeed the case that you can see posters for metal events hanging next to those of the new Tokio Hotel album here in Germany, or at least in my area. Finicella, where exactly are you from? Lemme guess, Upper Bavaria or Swabia?
----
01.12.2007 - 15:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 01.12.2007 at 12:39

Hey, nice to see some more Germans in here

I don't know how it is in other countries, but it is indeed the case that you can see posters for metal events hanging next to those of the new Tokio Hotel album here in Germany, or at least in my area. Finicella, where exactly are you from? Lemme guess, Upper Bavaria or Swabia?

Here you can see metal posters only in Rīga some places, deep into country ppl will ;o what is metal,
In mytown only on eplace where are metal poster in one shop, because owner are metalhead
----

apos;'
[image]
02.12.2007 - 22:23
Finicella
Account deleted

Finicella, where exactly are you from? Lemme guess, Upper Bavaria or Swabia?

Right. :3
Near Augsburg, which means, also near Muinch. :3
Why're you asking? ^^
03.12.2007 - 01:04
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by [user id=27150] on 02.12.2007 at 22:23

Why're you asking? ^^

Just guessing ^^
As Franconia is pretty much the one region in Germany with the highest metal density, I reckoned that the deeper you get into Bavaria the less accepted metal would be ^^

Upper Franconia rocks! If there was a region in Germany I'd love to live in more than my current location, it definitely would be there. Who needs Wacken if you got thousands of great festivals right before your doorstep? (Ragnarök, Party.San, Eisenwahn, Way of Darkness, Wolfszeit, Geiselwind Open Air, just to name a few)
----
04.12.2007 - 14:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 03.12.2007 at 01:04

Why're you asking? ^^

Just guessing ^^
As Franconia is pretty much the one region in Germany with the highest metal density, I reckoned that the deeper you get into Bavaria the less accepted metal would be ^^

Upper Franconia rocks! If there was a region in Germany I'd love to live in more than my current location, it definitely would be there. Who needs Wacken if you got thousands of great festivals right before your doorstep? (Ragnarök, Party.San, Eisenwahn, Way of Darkness, Wolfszeit, Geiselwind Open Air, just to name a few)

I jsut saw Overkill tour dates and one wa sin Germany and town was Roxy such tiown exist or its wenue name?
----

apos;'
[image]
12.12.2007 - 02:07
albatros
"Roxy" is a club in Saarbrücken, close to the French border.
28.05.2008 - 18:28
Dagorwen
Hallo all of you! I have to practise German for a big exam (where German is my speciality), so do you know some good forum about metal in German?
08.06.2008 - 01:06
SirenOfTheStyx
Account deleted

Why're you asking? ^^

Just guessing ^^
As Franconia is pretty much the one region in Germany with the highest metal density

Is it ? I didn't know that... but it sounds true When I'm in Germany I'm in Schweinfurt (Franconia) and I got used to seeing metalheads everrryyywhere, and metal concerts, and only metalheads on the Mainfranken Chat... thought that Germany in its whole was like that. I'm disappointed
08.06.2008 - 05:06
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by [user id=1046] on 08.06.2008 at 01:06

Why're you asking? ^^

Just guessing ^^
As Franconia is pretty much the one region in Germany with the highest metal density

Is it ? I didn't know that... but it sounds true When I'm in Germany I'm in Schweinfurt (Franconia) and I got used to seeing metalheads everrryyywhere, and metal concerts, and only metalheads on the Mainfranken Chat... thought that Germany in its whole was like that. I'm disappointed

Just think of all the metal festivals taking place in Franconia compared to the rest of the republic! Summer Breeze, Earthshaker, Ragnarök, Keep It True, Sundown, Way of Darkness, Up From The Ground (R.I.P.), Eisenwahn, Thrash Assault, Geiselwind, Hellflame and Wolfszeit Festival, just to name a few. And here in Hesse we only have the Magic Circle Festival

And I'm disappointed that you're on here far too seldom.
----
08.06.2008 - 19:36
SirenOfTheStyx
Account deleted
Ok, true. But Earthshaker is dead Earthshaker 2006 was my best festival experience ever I really really enjoyed it, even if I hate camping . It's really too bad that they stopped.
I'd like to go to Summer Breeze... but unfortunately I don't think I will be able to...

It's rare that I find time for MS... I'm sorry...
08.06.2008 - 23:54
Dagorwen
and it's very significant that you're posting here and not in "french metalstormers", you traitor ! ksss ksss

and there is a fuckin' lot of metalheads in Baden Würtenberg to. But speaking of Upper Bavaria, do you know any festival taking place in August near Bamberg? (where there are still ownable tickets)
11.06.2008 - 21:49
SirenOfTheStyx
Account deleted
My dear Dagorwen, we both know that I'll be German as soon as I can afford a big white dress

Anyway, you should learn your german geography better or read the last posts Promonex and I wrote : Bamberg is in Franconia, so all the festivals Promonex named are in the area You have Summerbreeze in Dinkelsbühl on August 14th : http://www.summer-breeze.de/site.php?name=Bands&file=billing .... and all the other ones.
11.06.2008 - 22:15
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Depends on what she means with "near Bamberg". Franconia is an area with a diameter of about 200 km, so you still have to drive 160 km from Bamberg to Dinkelsbühl.
----
11.06.2008 - 23:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Watch WC in ZDF are much better how ARD/das Erste but its true ZDF rulles
----

apos;'
[image]
12.06.2008 - 13:34
Dagorwen
Written by Promonex on 11.06.2008 at 22:15

Depends on what she means with "near Bamberg". Franconia is an area with a diameter of about 200 km, so you still have to drive 160 km from Bamberg to Dinkelsbühl.

thanks, it's why I didn't say "in Franconia", and besides, you both mentioned festivals but not when they were taking place, and I'm too lazy to consider google as my friend ^^
18.06.2008 - 20:22
FoxZdemoN
I love Germans! Im coming to Germany for the 1st time to go to the Waldschrat Festival..maybe I will see some of you there m/
----

You can listen to my show "Diabolus Templum" on Thursdays 4pm till 7pm EST. on~
http://www.brutalexistenceradio.com/
19.06.2008 - 18:11
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by FoxZdemoN on 18.06.2008 at 20:22

I love Germans! Im coming to Germany for the 1st time to go to the Waldschrat Festival..maybe I will see some of you there m/

I bet you will
----