Metal Storm logo
Board/Table Games you play (non-video games thread)

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 19.06.2007 - 12:16
Firts this is not about PC games

This tread are about games hat w eplay like table games or otherkid games

About me:
I werry offen play draughts and lil chess, also domino, I love play table games but since in nowdays ppl are more to PC i havnt play such games long time, but I wanna

alos I play football, moustly football I goolkeeper but also paly in field and soemtiems volley and basket too
but my fav game are table kockey, I play it since I was 5-6 years old, but that kind of hockey I play 10 years so nobody dont wanna play whit me, I win them all no destroy them all
19.12.2007 - 01:12
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
my uncle collects pinball machines, and for about a span of 5 years we had a pinball machine in our back room it was sweet!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
19.12.2007 - 02:05
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 19.12.2007 at 01:12

my uncle collects pinball machines, and for about a span of 5 years we had a pinball machine in our back room it was sweet!

What type of pinball machines are they? I used to play a sweet Terminator 2 one and a cool Gone Fishin' one at the bowling alley with my dad when I was younger.
19.12.2007 - 02:51
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Introspekrieg on 19.12.2007 at 02:05

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 19.12.2007 at 01:12

What type of pinball machines are they? I used to play a sweet Terminator 2 one and a cool Gone Fishin' one at the bowling alley with my dad when I was younger.

generally the classic old ones... my one was called 'Sky Jump' and it was orignally made in 1950-1960 or something... none of the fance things there are now in pinballs, but still a lot of fun!
----
19.12.2007 - 02:53
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
if u wanna look at it this is what it looks like: this
as you can see, quite old and unmodern but a pinball nonetheless...
----
28.12.2007 - 04:00
Piro
Wow, that is pretty old looking.... Still looking good, must be hard to find ones like that these days.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
22.01.2008 - 11:09
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by [user id=27451] on 13.12.2007 at 19:11

i LOVE Risk! just remembered it now.

Risk is a horrible game. You play it for hours and hours and hours, and it gets so frustrating that in the end everyone is standing up and pacing around the table. Then there are the battles with dozens upon dozens of armies and only five dice - the battles where a single engagement can last for over 10 minutes, while everyone else sits around growing tense and irritable. And the most frustrating thing of all is that Risk is essentially a CARD game, not a game of strategy; getting the matching card set at the right time is really the only way to unleash one's hordes upon the world.

I still remember the "Madagascar vs. East Africa" incident that took place circa 1990. Having acquired some 30 armies (due in large measure to submitting a card set), I sought to strike out from Madagascar and engage the pitiful encampment of 3 armies holding East Africa. My younger brother, the despot, proceeded to roll a stunning barrage of 5s and 6s over and over and over again. To my utter dismay, my shock force of 30 armies was rapidly stripped down to one. And to add insult to injury, by brother (the despot) proceeded to take my one army on his next turn - with his meager force stationed in East Africa. I gave up on Risk after that. I realized it was not so much a game as a sick joke.

Do I sound bitter? Monopoly is much better, IMO.
25.01.2008 - 19:55
Ascalon
Risk it's a good game ... ... and I used to play ... Magic The Gathering tradecard game ... it was a whole in my life when I was ... 12 till 15
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
04.02.2008 - 13:32
doomina
Account deleted
Risk and Doom ... awesome games
does anyone know the boardgame doom?
07.04.2008 - 22:46
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I barely play chess.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
08.04.2008 - 15:59
Hangar XVIII
I play Dungeons and Dragons, Magic The Gathering, Warhammer, and Warhammer 40k.

And I have a ton of all those.
Like, 11 D&D books, over 5000 Magic cards (old and new), A full Dark Elf army in Warhammer, and a huge Tau army in 40k. I also have a small Dark Eldar army.

The only thing I've come to learn from buying all these things is:
Don't play tabletop games. They're too expensive, and well, no one else really plays them.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
08.04.2008 - 18:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Oh and Monoply. But it's a pretty long game usually so I don't get anyone to play with me now
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

09.04.2008 - 19:12
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Hangar XVIII on 08.04.2008 at 15:59

Have you ever played Munchkin? If you like D&D and Magic, you'll probably dig Munchkin. Everyone who I have ever shown it to has fallen in love with it. Think of a D&D game, without the Role Playing sillies, and use cards similar to Magic, but make the funny and you have Munchkin. Go down in the dungeon. Kill everything you meet. Backstab your friends and steal their stuff. Grab the treasure and run!

I have the original Munchkin, along with some of the expansion decks, as well as The Good, The Band and The Munchkin. Some of my firneds have Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin, Munchkin Chathulu and others, and we combine all the decks for EPIC MUNCHKIN!

For more, check out the Muchkin site.
----
(space for rent)
10.04.2008 - 01:19
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 08.04.2008 at 18:49

Oh and Monoply. But it's a pretty long game usually so I don't get anyone to play with me now

yeah monopoly could last very long, i member once i play with friend we startd early before noon and we played till night and guess what none won........... only at end was only two of us playing, other two give up, one to bankrot, and since then i think only once played it again

i love Pinballs i played it all the time, ,and billiard oh it's great game but piss me off sometimes and i smash the balls all around he hee
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
10.04.2008 - 01:27
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by EddieGunner on 10.04.2008 at 01:19

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 08.04.2008 at 18:49

yeah monopoly could last very long, i member once i play with friend we startd early before noon and we played till night and guess what none won........... only at end was only two of us playing, other two give up, one to bankrot, and since then i think only once played it again

Once we were 5 playing. We started at 11 AM and ended at 3 AM. 2 in bankrup, 1 broke (me), 1 went to sleep. I only payed it like 3 times
----

10.04.2008 - 15:01
Hangar XVIII
Written by Dane Train on 09.04.2008 at 19:12

Have you ever played Munchkin? If you like D&D and Magic, you'll probably dig Munchkin. Everyone who I have ever shown it to has fallen in love with it. Think of a D&D game, without the Role Playing sillies, and use cards similar to Magic, but make the funny and you have Munchkin. Go down in the dungeon. Kill everything you meet. Backstab your friends and steal their stuff. Grab the treasure and run!

I have the original Munchkin, along with some of the expansion decks, as well as The Good, The Band and The Munchkin. Some of my firneds have Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin, Munchkin Chathulu and others, and we combine all the decks for EPIC MUNCHKIN!

For more, check out the Muchkin site.

I've seen those games before, but I've never tried them out. They look pretty fun.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
10.04.2008 - 16:30
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Hangar XVIII on 10.04.2008 at 15:01

I've seen those games before, but I've never tried them out. They look pretty fun.

Oh man, they are so much fun. Part of the whole experience is stabbing your friends in the back, people trying to bend the rules, screwing everyone over and lots and lots of arguing. Oh yeah, beer is highly encouraged,
----
(space for rent)
10.04.2008 - 16:36
Hangar XVIII
Well I can't get ahold of beer, but I might have to go out and buy some (more money T-T), because I think my friends would ejoy it too.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
03.05.2008 - 11:13
Death Knight
i play warhammer 40k, got a fairly decent Space Marine army. i also sometimes play magic the gathering.
sportswise, i dont mind playing a game of squash on the weekend.
03.05.2008 - 13:18
Hamird
Lieutenant
i like to play Backgammon more than any other board game. and also when i was kid i used to play Snakes and Ladder. ... that is nice too
04.05.2008 - 02:52
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I like to play chess , my international rating is 1850 --> compare best in the world has 2800
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
04.05.2008 - 07:28
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by heresiarch on 04.05.2008 at 02:52

I like to play chess , my international rating is 1850 --> compare best in the world has 2800

That's a decent rating, well done. How long have you been playing? I used to play online for fun and I had a rating there of about 1000 - and they say online ratings are about 100 points higher than in real tournament play. I really didn't stand a chance against anyone with an online rating over 1300, so a real rating of 1850 is hard for me to comprehend!
04.05.2008 - 16:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

how about Stiga hockey?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.05.2008 - 17:58
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by [user id=22888] on 04.05.2008 at 07:28

That's a decent rating, well done. How long have you been playing? I used to play online for fun and I had a rating there of about 1000 - and they say online ratings are about 100 points higher than in real tournament play. I really didn't stand a chance against anyone with an online rating over 1300, so a real rating of 1850 is hard for me to comprehend!
I started when I was 7 or 8 years young but I quit playing for many years and started again about when I was 22
If you really want to get better you have to study openings,middle game variations and positions , and end game ---> this is very easy to say , I have read over 100 different book about chess tactics and strategy and I'm still confuced
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
05.05.2008 - 07:32
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by heresiarch on 04.05.2008 at 17:58

Written by [user id=22888] on 04.05.2008 at 07:28

I started when I was 7 or 8 years young but I quit playing for many years and started again about when I was 22
If you really want to get better you have to study openings,middle game variations and positions , and end game ---> this is very easy to say , I have read over 100 different book about chess tactics and strategy and I'm still confuced

I remember reading that somewhere, that to get a rating over 1000 study is necessary. My life is too busy with other commitments right now, so there I will stay!
16.06.2008 - 09:21
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted

And I have a ton of all those.
Like, 11 D&D books, over 5000 Magic cards (old and new), A full Dark Elf army in Warhammer, and a huge Tau army in 40k. I also have a small Dark Eldar army.

The only thing I've come to learn from buying all these things is:
Don't play tabletop games. They're too expensive, and well, no one else really plays them.

heroscape and battlelore are your' best friends,they're both pretty much just affordable/simpler version of warhammer.the miniatures are cool looking too
02.07.2008 - 13:04
dehydration
Account deleted
I like to play chess too. I play at www.chessworld.net the rating system there seems strange, though, they are too high. If anyone wants a game there, let me know.
25.08.2008 - 01:31
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
One Word.....
UNO!!
25.08.2008 - 03:45
Oracle
Orcinus
I like any games with trivia.. Such as Trivial Pursuit, this game is so fun to play when drunk
Also Smart Ass is another great game. I have a lot of fun playing this one and you have to answer the question before anyone else does haha.
29.08.2008 - 21:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
KIIIIIIIIINGS CUP!!! second best game to the unbeatable, BEEEER PONG.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.09.2008 - 07:01
Dark Blood
The Avenger
When I was a kid I used to play Chess, Checkers, and Monopoly. 3 or 4 years ago I played Onu and Bingo in the class (Yes! we played Bingo with real money in the class, and sometimes also with the teachers! ahah)
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.