Metal Storm logo
January 2023 update bugs

‹‹ Back to Bugs

Original post

Posted by corrupt, 14.01.2023 - 16:53
As announced in the news, we kindly ask you to report anything odd about the site that you think is new or want to bring up again here.

There are a few issues we already know about.

• The search function sometimes returns less results than before
  • Lists may have to be-relinked and some band tags may have stopped working

Feel free to bring anything else up here. We'll look into it and fix as necessary.
16.01.2023 - 23:35
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by LeKiwi on 16.01.2023 at 14:16
Sometimes adding a similar band adds a totally different one. Here, adding Inferi points actually adds points for Soilwork.

Good catch dude! Fixed.
----
17.01.2023 - 10:55
annodomini2
Account deleted
There`s no way to log in with an account name. I had not connected my email since 2005 when I registered. It would be really sad to lost an account after so many years. How can I retrieve it?
17.01.2023 - 13:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
https://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=157299&band_id=11595&bandname=End+%28USA%29

Bands are not linked in a split, few other splits as well.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2023 - 16:22
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by [user id=333981] on 17.01.2023 at 10:55
There`s no way to log in with an account name. I had not connected my email since 2005 when I registered. It would be really sad to lost an account after so many years. How can I retrieve it?

That is literally explained to you on the login page.
----
17.01.2023 - 16:27
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Bad English on 17.01.2023 at 13:53
Bands are not linked in a split, few other splits as well.

Band links not working is expected in some cases now. We‘ll get to that in time.
----
17.01.2023 - 19:03
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
There's an error when we edit tours; when I try to submit the updated tour the page don't run.
17.01.2023 - 23:11
MahoDM
Dumbass
It's not really a bug but seems kinda weird that there are 2 bands called Vendetta and the one that has more fans and exists for much longer has the tag [GER] and is shown as the secondary band (if you search Vendetta the lesser known band will show up)
It might be happening to other bands but I didnt check
17.01.2023 - 23:47
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by ChapuLviz on 17.01.2023 at 19:03
There's an error when we edit tours; when I try to submit the updated tour the page don't run.

I found two things in the logs. I fixed both real quick but don't have the time to test right now.
----
18.01.2023 - 16:15
nikarg
Staff
This review does not appear here.
18.01.2023 - 18:49
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by nikarg on 18.01.2023 at 16:15

This review does not appear here.

It's actually there, but hidden way down on page 169 along with 13 other reviews. All these reviews have a blank publication date, which is of course still a bug.
----
signatures = SPAM
18.01.2023 - 22:46
Illwill
When checking "Events" - "Country" (Canada), and click a "City" (any) the results are as without filter all over the world
I think all countries do the same. Pretty big bug for me because I always use the filter to check concerts near me
18.01.2023 - 23:24
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by corrupt on 15.01.2023 at 13:53

Written by Starvynth on 15.01.2023 at 13:40
When adding new albums, a "0" appears in the text box "Line-up (optional)" after saving.

Fixed. You mave have to go back and fix the albums you had this problem with manually, though.

There's a new bug now. The "0" is gone when "Line-up (optional)" was blank, but existing line-up details are automatically deleted as soon as an album has to go through the check edits queue. This particular bug does not occur if you have "edit bands" perms, so it's a little tricky to track this down.
----
signatures = SPAM
18.01.2023 - 23:50
Alessteel
I have a problem with tracklists.
When I copy them the colour of the track number and the song name remain gray, not dark gray (the track number) and gray (the song name). It's a bug? How can I fix?
Thank you!
18.01.2023 - 23:52
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Two new minor bugs:

• the javascript "flag edits" is dysfunctional, on reloading the page the flag turns gray again
  • the return key is disabled in the search function (mobile version only)
  • ----
    signatures = SPAM
    19.01.2023 - 09:09
    Abattoir
    Staff
    Written by corrupt on 17.01.2023 at 23:47

Written by ChapuLviz on 17.01.2023 at 19:03

I found two things in the logs. I fixed both real quick but don't have the time to test right now.

It works normally now.

- However, there is one other thing in regards of the editing of existing tours. If I try to add or remove a band, nothing happens... it stays the same. So, I cannot nor add or remove a band from the already existing tour list.

- Another one. This one implies to single events, mostly festivals. When you make any kind of change within the existing event, whether adding additional bands to the line-up or just completing venue/ticket info, the bands in the "headliners bar" appear as a invisible.
    Examples: https://metalstorm.net/events/event.php?event_id=193320 and https://metalstorm.net/events/event.php?event_id=194501
    19.01.2023 - 10:37
    annodomini
    Written by corrupt on 17.01.2023 at 16:22

Written by [user id=333981] on 17.01.2023 at 10:55

That is literally explained to you on the login page.

Yep, but no one warned us that the account login won`t work anymore. But good willing nikarg helped to solve this. Thanks a lot!
    ----
    the riddle wants to be...
    19.01.2023 - 20:27
    Starvynth
    i c deaf people
    Staff
    Written by Alessteel on 18.01.2023 at 23:50

I have a problem with tracklists.
    When I copy them the colour of the track number and the song name remain gray, not dark gray (the track number) and gray (the song name). It's a bug? How can I fix?

That's a very interesting bug, thanks for reporting it. I noticed you had problems with the # character, so I fixed all albums except this one for corrupt to look at. In the meantime, just send links to broken tracklists to Yaniv or me.
    ----
    signatures = SPAM
    20.01.2023 - 06:18
    Yossarian
    Written by Illwill on 18.01.2023 at 22:46

When checking "Events" - "Country" (Canada), and click a "City" (any) the results are as without filter all over the world
    I think all countries do the same. Pretty big bug for me because I always use the filter to check concerts near me

Hi MS. Yes it should be a bug and I also used it to filter concerts by city "Madrid". Additionally, it you filter by Spain, appears results for the whole world and perhaps Andromeda. hehe
    20.01.2023 - 12:15
    F3ynman
    Nocturnal Bro
    Contributor
    If I go to the "albums" page (https://metalstorm.net/bands/albums.php), I see the newest 2023 releases. When I click to go to page 2, it sends me suddenly to releases from 1970
    20.01.2023 - 12:19
    Yaniv
    Staff
    Apparently when you edit a musician with "nickname" in his name, it removes it and what comes after.
    Yesterday when I edited Sebastian "Seeb" Levermann -> he turned out to become just 'Sebastian' (just click edit profile and you'll see no "Seeb" Leverman).

I noticed 'Sebastian' only after submitting another aka for him, and fixed it right away.
    I thought it was my error somehow, because all I edit after was ok, but today I had to edit This Robert and he becomes just Robert, so I believe it happens only when there are "nicknames".
    20.01.2023 - 20:48
    Starvynth
    i c deaf people
    Staff
    I suspect that the database is currently creating random double posts, usually when people use the quote function and the [ band ] tag at the same time. Accidentally multiplied comments are not uncommon, we have maybe one or two a week, but since a few days there are up to 10 duplicated posts a day. I can't believe that's just a coincidence. Here's a recent example that has not been deleted yet.

The comments always differ in two small details: in the first post the tags are present but the quoted text is missing, while the second post contains the quoted text but the tags are gone.
    ----
    signatures = SPAM
    20.01.2023 - 22:51
    ChapuLviz
    Tropical Goat
    Contributor
    Tour and events have some of problems. When I update an event some bands become as unknown bands.
    And, for some reason, now appear the hour (00:00) of all events.
    21.01.2023 - 12:04
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    Written by Illwill on 18.01.2023 at 22:46

fixed
    ----
    21.01.2023 - 13:11
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    Written by Starvynth on 18.01.2023 at 23:24
    There's a new bug now. The "0" is gone when "Line-up (optional)" was blank, but existing line-up details are automatically deleted as soon as an album has to go through the check edits queue. This particular bug does not occur if you have "edit bands" perms, so it's a little tricky to track this down.

That should be fixed now. The whole thing was a stupid typo.
    ----
    21.01.2023 - 13:45
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    Written by Starvynth on 18.01.2023 at 23:52
  • the javascript "flag edits" is dysfunctional, on reloading the page the flag turns gray again
  • the return key is disabled in the search function (mobile version only)

• The first one is fixed. It was a display issue only. The second one I cannot reproduce.
    ----
    21.01.2023 - 13:54
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    Written by Starvynth on 19.01.2023 at 20:27
    That's a very interesting bug, thanks for reporting it. I noticed you had problems with the # character, so I fixed all albums except this one for corrupt to look at. In the meantime, just send links to broken tracklists to Yaniv or me.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see there except that the tracklist is not formatted right. The first track is correctly displayed as it is correctly formatted. The other ones are numbered instead of using # as list bullet points.
    ----
    21.01.2023 - 13:59
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    Written by F3ynman on 20.01.2023 at 12:15
    If I go to the "albums" page (https://metalstorm.net/bands/albums.php), I see the newest 2023 releases. When I click to go to page 2, it sends me suddenly to releases from 1970

fixed
    ----
    21.01.2023 - 14:08
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    Written by Yaniv on 20.01.2023 at 12:19
    Apparently when you edit a musician with "nickname" in his name, it removes it and what comes after.

fixed
    ----
    21.01.2023 - 14:13
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Admin
    Written by Starvynth on 20.01.2023 at 20:48

I suspect that the database is currently creating random double posts, usually when people use the quote function and the [ band ] tag at the same time. Accidentally multiplied comments are not uncommon, we have maybe one or two a week, but since a few days there are up to 10 duplicated posts a day. I can't believe that's just a coincidence. Here's a recent example that has not been deleted yet.

The comments always differ in two small details: in the first post the tags are present but the quoted text is missing, while the second post contains the quoted text but the tags are gone.

It seems this has indeed been deleted? I'm trying to reproduce the issue from your description but to no avail so far.
    ----
    21.01.2023 - 14:17
    Starvynth
    i c deaf people
    Staff
    Written by corrupt on 21.01.2023 at 13:54
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see there except that the tracklist is not formatted right. The first track is correctly displayed as it is correctly formatted. The other ones are numbered instead of using # as list bullet points.

The first title is displayed correctly because I fixed it while trying to figure out what the problem was. Originally, the entire track list was numbered, just like every single album this user has added since the database update. But here's the thing: it's not Alessteel's fault. He's already added or edited over 1.500 albums and he absolutely knows how to do it right. The # character turns into a fixed track number in the moment he saves the album and he cannot edit it either.
    A few regular users and also staff members seem to have this exact problem right now, but most people won't even notice because the result looks almost okay. Here's a better example.
    ----
    signatures = SPAM