Metal Storm logo
Sentenced

Original post

Posted by Xaphiris, 01.12.2006 - 16:39
More than a year has passed since Sentenced split up. To this day on, I still hope, that they'll be back, that they'll feel the urge to sing again or even that the whole split-up is just a publicity stunt. I want you guys to write your opinions and feelings regarding them.
08.07.2007 - 20:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by OneWithMisery on 05.07.2007 at 22:39

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.07.2007 at 20:16

Written by Lucas on 02.07.2007 at 02:18

Don't get all upset.. I was simply joking..

It was funny for me

Different humor taste I guess..

I guess so...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
09.07.2007 - 00:18
Bash'
:)
Written by OneWithMisery on 05.07.2007 at 23:29

Written by Bad English on 05.07.2007 at 23:10

Written by Bash' on 22.06.2007 at 20:40

BTW Sentenced IMO

Joke wright when band play there wa sno EMO and EMO acn not write such lyrics because ..... ok man lyrics are so awsome and amazing, poetical and depresive good for cold autumn night

EDDIT: Motley Crue lyrics are EMO

Yeah, when will people understand that just because a metal band has suicidal theme in their lyrics, it actually has NOTHING to do with EMO??? So "99 Ways to Die" by Megadeth is EMO? Or "Be All, End All" by Anthrax? Or Pantera with Suicidal notes pt.1 and pt.2? And "Cold Murderous Music" by Carpathian Forest??? Gosh..

Give a break pleaaase .. I said IMO not EMO .. IMO = In My Opinion, and all here use it ..

so by continueing my sentence "BTW [by the way] Sentenced IMO [in my opinion] is much away better than Poisonblack as for Ville being here and there .. "

----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
09.07.2007 - 00:31
OneWithMisery
Written by Bash' on 09.07.2007 at 00:18

Written by OneWithMisery on 05.07.2007 at 23:29

Written by Bad English on 05.07.2007 at 23:10

Written by Bash' on 22.06.2007 at 20:40

BTW Sentenced IMO

Joke wright when band play there wa sno EMO and EMO acn not write such lyrics because ..... ok man lyrics are so awsome and amazing, poetical and depresive good for cold autumn night

EDDIT: Motley Crue lyrics are EMO

Yeah, when will people understand that just because a metal band has suicidal theme in their lyrics, it actually has NOTHING to do with EMO??? So "99 Ways to Die" by Megadeth is EMO? Or "Be All, End All" by Anthrax? Or Pantera with Suicidal notes pt.1 and pt.2? And "Cold Murderous Music" by Carpathian Forest??? Gosh..

Give a break pleaaase .. I said IMO not EMO .. IMO = In My Opinion, and all here use it ..

so by continueing my sentence "BTW [by the way] Sentenced IMO [in my opinion] is much away better than Poisonblack as for Ville being here and there .. "

Gosh...it was going @Nervel btw..he said their lyrics sound emo... I'm not a morron though, you don't have to tell me what IMO and BTW is.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
09.07.2007 - 01:04
Bash'
It was quoted from what I wrote, so that.

Nevermind .. apologies if I harmed ..
----

09.07.2007 - 12:53
OneWithMisery
Written by Bash' on 09.07.2007 at 01:04

It was quoted from what I wrote, so that.

Nevermind .. apologies if I harmed ..

Kariasakis7 quoted you, I only quoted him on the EMO "issue"
Doesn't matter though..
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
04.09.2007 - 20:26
Bash'
No posts since that above^^!!!!

_______

These days I just can't stop listening to their stuff.. damn ! not a single bad track [still there are normal ones]...

And still, their last two albums were their best..
----

01.10.2007 - 14:50
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i haven't listened to these guys in forever, I just got back into them last night. Usually I am against negative music, but these guys like reach out and grab me as a listener, I can totally relate to some songs when I get in my moods.
27.11.2007 - 18:08
Finicella
Account deleted
I like them, although sometimes I can't listen to this depressive music. And I also don't like the vocals much.
But this band was good. Much better than Poisonblack...
29.11.2007 - 23:06
Bash'
Yeah much... bad for us Poisonblack isn't on the level of -let's say- the last two albums of Sentenced...

Heck! Ville's voice is one of my all time favs... his voice isn't that common but fits the style exactly... he also hits the right tones always I see... I love that man really
----

30.11.2007 - 19:49
Finicella
Account deleted
I don't think that you can possibly say that Poisonblack albums are better than Senteced ones. I think all of the good old Sentenced albums are better than Poisonblack. :/ (I really don't like Poisonblack.. T.T")
Although it's quite similar you really hear that it isn't the next "version" of Sentenced... Unfortunately. :/
30.11.2007 - 21:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=27150] on 30.11.2007 at 19:49

I don't think that you can possibly say that Poisonblack albums are better than Senteced ones. I think all of the good old Sentenced albums are better than Poisonblack. :/ (I really don't like Poisonblack.. T.T")
Although it's quite similar you really hear that it isn't the next "version" of Sentenced... Unfortunately. :/

Lamoust all old Sentenced albums are good old school death metal kick ass and me to I dont like Poisenblack so much
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.11.2007 - 21:59
Bash'
Written by [user id=27150] on 30.11.2007 at 19:49

Did I say Poisonblack albums are better than Sentenced ones??

No they aren't in a way... I even couldn't give so much listens for Poisonblack stuff because they weren't that bearable to me, I only stood lsning because of the amazing vocals I like, not for another thing..

I didn't get your point about " the next version of Sentenced " sorry maybe my in-fluent English..
----

02.12.2007 - 22:21
Finicella
Account deleted
Written by Bash' on 30.11.2007 at 21:59

No they aren't in a way... I even couldn't give so much listens for Poisonblack stuff because they weren't that bearable to me, I only stood lsning because of the amazing vocals I like, not for another thing..

I didn't get your point about " the next version of Sentenced " sorry maybe my in-fluent English..

Of course you didn't say that, sorry if you got the wrong idea. :/ But you said it wasn't at the level of the last two Sentenced albums. And I thought that you would compare the earlier albums with Poisonblack. So I just wanted to say that every album of Senteced was much better than Poisonblack's. Hope I wrote it better this time.

The next version of Sentenced means as much as: Poisonblack isn't a copy of Sentenced. :3
02.12.2007 - 22:32
Bash'
Written by [user id=27150] on 02.12.2007 at 22:21

Of course you didn't say that, sorry if you got the wrong idea. :/ But you said it wasn't at the level of the last two Sentenced albums. And I thought that you would compare the earlier albums with Poisonblack. So I just wanted to say that every album of Senteced was much better than Poisonblack's. Hope I wrote it better this time.

The next version of Sentenced means as much as: Poisonblack isn't a copy of Sentenced. :3

I agree with you

Poisonblack, yes isn't a copy, I wish they are, sigh, maybe that means that it is not only Ville who was writing Sentenced music, but more than him, anyone have an idea?
----

25.09.2008 - 15:34
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
i'm writing this while listening to neverlasting :p
i too have tried Poison Black (Escapexstacy) in hope of finding some sentenced-like elements in but i was ->
any similar bands?
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
27.11.2008 - 09:46
Eeric
Account deleted
Written by Bash' on 02.12.2007 at 22:32

Written by [user id=27150] on 02.12.2007 at 22:21

I agree with you

Poisonblack, yes isn't a copy, I wish they are, sigh, maybe that means that it is not only Ville who was writing Sentenced music, but more than him, anyone have an idea?

No he wasn't Sentenced guitarist Tenkula and Lopakka were writing a lot of Sentenced's music btw. Have you heard Lopakka's recent band KYPCK? I'd say that Poisonblack is boring and lame when it comes to compare to Sentenced.
30.11.2008 - 22:00
Metalbound7
Damn, what's the point about living in a world without Sentenced? their broke up make me so depressed, now excuse me while i kill myself...

Lol just kidding but what is true is that they where one of the best Metal bands out there, and the very best Suomi Metal band. Can someone recommend me something like Sentenced? 'couse i had try Charon, HIM, etc. but they have nothing to do with sentenced for me. I think the band that remind me more to them is Katatonia, even when they are Doom Metal.
29.01.2009 - 16:30
ioannisk
The new poisonblack is as close to sentenced as it can get! great album! sentenced owned the melodic scene!!!
31.01.2009 - 21:49
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Yeah Sentenced was a was special band. A bit like Amorphis to me, cept seriously depro. But man did they know how to write chilling solos and melodies....still wanna buy their DVD
22.02.2009 - 01:12
Nei
Sentenced is my all time favourite band. I can't think of a single song by them that I don't like. And I love the black humour that is used in many songs - and that they still manage to keep serious at times. I really miss this band. And their DVD is awesome, great performance from all of them.

Very sad to hear about the thing about Miika too, may he rest in peace.
27.02.2009 - 16:23
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Nei on 22.02.2009 at 01:12

And I love the black humour that is used in many songs

This is the best part of Sentenced. Metal doesn't always need to be all serious and über grim and stuff, and Sentenced darker, more morbid take on humour is appealing.

Really good band. A shame they went away since people haven't been able to produce something else to follow their legacy. I thought Poisonblack pretty much sucked when I heard them...... Not keen on trying them out again.

I kinda prefer the older death metal albums though, even if the later stuff ain't bad in itself (I don't even like gothic metal much except for a few bands).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
28.02.2009 - 17:11
Gigginova
Account deleted

Sentenced is my all time favourite band. I can't think of a single song by them that I don't like. And I love the black humour that is used in many songs - and that they still manage to keep serious at times. I really miss this band. And their DVD is awesome, great performance from all of them.

The black humour

like in "Excuse Me While I Kill Myself" and "The Luxury Of The Grave", those songs actually sort of cheer me up when I'm depressed.
28.02.2009 - 17:37
Abattoir
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 28.02.2009 at 17:11

The black humour

like in "Excuse Me While I Kill Myself" and "The Luxury Of The Grave", those songs actually sort of cheer me up when I'm depressed.

Yea, kinda very ''optimistic'' song titles when you see them for the first time
15.06.2009 - 17:39
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Sentenced was a great band. i am not sure if they had an album deserving 10 for my taste but they new how to play greta music, i love their style, their vocals. i don't like that much the lyrics but who cares, the music is a bit more important...

also RIP..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
26.06.2009 - 21:19
Abattoir
Staff
A statement about the cause of Miika's death was revealed recently:

"To stop rumours about Miika Tenkula's cause of death, his family wishes to state the following: Miika had a genetic heart condition and died from a sudden attack at his home on February 18, 2009. For those wondering where Miika is buried, his grave can be found at the Kirkkosaari cemetery in his hometown Muhos, Finland."
29.10.2012 - 16:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Who was beck vocalist at song Nepenthe there was small part of female vocals ?
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2012 - 18:57
Aristarchos
Down and Frozen are my two favourite albums by them.
29.10.2012 - 21:35
bran
Great band, love all their albums but my favorite are amok and the funeral album
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
24.09.2016 - 01:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Who was main Sentenced lyricist? was it Ville?
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2016 - 09:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2016 at 01:55

Who was main Sentenced lyricist? was it Ville?

Nope. Sami and Miika were main songwriters, out of which Sami wrote most of the songs. Ville wrote few songs in "The Cold White Light".

Also, the purpose of Sami handling most of the lyrics is due to problems he experienced like guns possession(that is why he customized his AK47 look-a-like guitar and played in his side project) and knows how to well executed in writing.

Indeed, a terrific songwriter.