Metal Storm logo
Guns, Weapons, and Military Terminology

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 01.11.2014 - 16:14
This is all about guns , weapons, even we have ''do you own guns'' ,but we don't have any kind of weapon thread, where we ask questions, discuss its plus, minus, , best use, and so on
I believe many one will have something to add specially auscro guy

Also we can discuss military terminology like Eagle Keeper - F-15 Maintainer, crew chief
leg - non-airborne qualified Soldiers.
PLF - Parachute Landing Fall.

also we can discuss nato code names for soviet or non Nato air plains, weapon system and so on
Mig 21 - NATO code name Fishbed
14.05.2017 - 01:58
Fulcrum
I think the biggest problem to the world is issues with transition from religion to science. While Christian states appear to be ahead, I was shocked ot see so many religious people in Germany and the USA, especially the second. Religion hurts mankind, there are many minds that can help the advancement of the only god that exists, mankind, but many are tied in religious families. That said, and my usual disrespect to fundamental views, Islam has no place in the modern world, and absolutely no place in Europe.
15.05.2017 - 21:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree , about and now after NK missile shit, when will start strike , because UN sanctions is bullshit. When will be strike there, I say in mid summer US will make biggest strike to N Korea from air, missiles and navy.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.05.2017 - 20:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Azerbaijan military destroyed 9K33 Osa Armenain air defense sytem, its 1th time they did it
It will be interesting how events escalate in Nagorny karabak, ...
----

28.05.2017 - 01:42
Fulcrum
Personally, I do not like the UN - its an outdated organization that does more harm then help today. Your own country is a good example (sorry) - about 15 years after Sweden started to accept migrants from Islamic countries rapes have increased by 1500%. The last one, to a single mother that earned her income by helping migrants in a camp was really shocking. I think there are many that are not reported so statistics is skewed. Europe is Europe and muslims have no place here, we were arch enemies for thousands of years, they hate everything about us and will hate it - you cannot integrate them. I don't say they all are bad or non-integratable, problem is some will be and these do things like Manchester. We give them food, a table ot put it on and then they come and blow it up. And they've turned leeches like Angela Merkel into drug addicted - just read this and how it belnds - about 21% of the votes for her Christian Democratic Union party come from muslim Turks...Curious why she is so opened to migrants from the arab world?

PS:9K33 is old and as with all equipment it matters more to how it is used.
08.06.2017 - 21:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
It should be done years ago and even much much more, Canada needs 200 attack choppers and 200 new fighter jets. Even dead one agreed whit me. I miss him.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40195246?SThisFB
----

09.06.2017 - 01:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Monte Negro is NATO, congrats, nice to see Russia is pissed and make some embargo lol
I hate when media says its big deal, no it is not
Only big deal in Europe would be Finland and Sweden joins, I hate Swedish lefties, liberals and such morrons what are against, Swe and Fin are military strong country. Sweden as NATO our military things would be exported more and we would have money.
----

24.06.2017 - 02:00
Fulcrum
Thing is we all have to change our thinking. Europe is fragmented by old pains, to be strong in the new worldreallity, we need to forget them and join. And we have to sacrifice a lot - beggars, territorial disputes, low income, immigration - some of these are required to reach equilibrium and go forward. If we don't, how are we to oppose states as strong as China, USA, Russia, a future Latin American conglomerate? We cannot and truth is - we need to globalise and unite. Only united Europe can heal its wounds and stand strong in the future centuries. And here i say - no, Sweden and Finland should not join NATO. NATO is outdated, we need common EU army and Sweden should join the Eurozone. There are drawbacks to this, but our future wealth and survival requires unity. My view, of course.
24.06.2017 - 09:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Fulcrum on 24.06.2017 at 02:00

Thing is we all have to change our thinking. Europe is fragmented by old pains, to be strong in the new worldreallity, we need to forget them and join. And we have to sacrifice a lot - beggars, territorial disputes, low income, immigration - some of these are required to reach equilibrium and go forward. If we don't, how are we to oppose states as strong as China, USA, Russia, a future Latin American conglomerate? We cannot and truth is - we need to globalise and unite. Only united Europe can heal its wounds and stand strong in the future centuries. And here i say - no, Sweden and Finland should not join NATO. NATO is outdated, we need common EU army and Sweden should join the Eurozone. There are drawbacks to this, but our future wealth and survival requires unity. My view, of course.

We need to piss of Voldomir, but I agree WEU armny must happen and article 5 on berlin theraty same as Washington same principle, but only as defending alliance and our sons must not die in mid eat, Syrian refugees must send back whit ak and thet must fight for own freedom, not our guys.
NATO must be same as in beginning, defending organization only !!! I know, but swedes are stupid,
btw eu army whit UK
----

26.06.2017 - 12:40
Fulcrum
Written by Bad English on 24.06.2017 at 09:18

btw eu army whit UK

Yes, we need the fleet and nukes in Scotland
01.07.2017 - 15:58
Fulcrum
I think I have a better view. We should establish the Metal Kingdom - only metal music and beer to be state provided. We don't need modern weapons, we're made of steel No migrants from the circumsized, short hair allowed only with a medical prescription, motorbikes get no insurance and state tax. Would you join on my political model?
01.12.2017 - 12:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Russia has now air base on Egypt, their plains can fly in their airspace and use their bases
Good, bad? Good because USA wont manipulate there so easy and it means less stupid war, isn't it enough whole siria now lives in Ger and Swe. We need stability in the region.
----

12.12.2019 - 22:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
New jas gripen

https://saabgroup.com/media/news-press/news/2019-08/first-brazilian-gripen-e-completes-its-first-flight/
----

04.03.2020 - 15:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Germany, France plot new steps for trinational fighter jet

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2020/02/06/germany-france-plot-new-steps-for-trinational-fighter-jet-but-what-about-spain/

This should be done 15 years ago, such plains should have on our air force or navy like last year, we need rise our defense budget specially Germany, no we have maybe 1,5% from GDP, I think NATO and EU should rise it to 5-10% . We have common enemy who rise muscles , we are sleeping. I hope this jet will be and Spain joins. Actually Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Germany, BeNiLux could join as well.

Same time Sweden tested new JAS Grupen, they want replace old whit new and have 40. Its not enough Sweden jas Grafen we had maybe 200 , Gripe ca 70, How much air plaisn Russia has? We need more then 500 fighter jets and be part of NATO.
----

10.03.2020 - 11:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sirian forces jus brake seasfire, did rocket Fire to Rebel and turkush forces.
Quadtion is.
How heavy will turkey answer.
Will nato goes in whit force, if Yes will they just defend or get rid of adsad, or even deeper get rid of irsni regime. How russia will answr
----

10.03.2020 - 15:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 10.03.2020 at 11:43

Quadtion is.
Will nato goes in whit force, if Yes will they just defend or get rid of adsad, or even deeper get rid of irsni regime. How russia will answr

Erdogan literally begging EU and NATO forces to intervene fate of tens of thousands of refugees trying to enter EU-member Greece since Ankara. So as meeting with Putin. Do you think there intends to be positivity between them?

I don't think Putin will ever pull his support off the Assad.

Syria retaliating to Turkey because of inevitable stiffness prevailing from rigorous last 4 months(especially fuelled when Iran attacked South Arabia oil fields).
10.03.2020 - 15:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.03.2020 at 15:49

Quadtion is.

Erdogan literally begging EU and NATO forces to intervene fate of tens of thousands of refugees trying to enter EU-member Greece since Ankara. So as meeting with Putin. Do you think there intends to be positivity between them?

Syria retaliating to Turkey because of inevitable stiffness prevailing from rigorous last 4 months(especially fuelled when Iran attacked South Arabia oil fields).

Russia will support Syria but if deeper scale war come in, how far Russian forces go? Will they enter Turkey? Will they enter NATO lands?
If Syria falls Iran has no friends, its big brakedown to destroying Irans regime, .... its triangle there
----

10.03.2020 - 17:17
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 10.03.2020 at 15:51

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.03.2020 at 15:49

Quadtion is.

Russia will support Syria but if deeper scale war come in, how far Russian forces go? Will they enter Turkey? Will they enter NATO lands?

This is a thread of Guns , Weapons, and Military Terminology. We should move onto a forum where we can discuss Assad conflict.
11.03.2020 - 10:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In Islamabad in Pakistan F16 has felth... Good news, Pakistan lost a jet. Good that Trump acuses Pakistan to help to tangos, and their finansiel support to Pakistan and Palestina dropping
----

26.03.2020 - 20:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
US Marine Corps to ditch tanks in readiness for confrontation with China in the Pacific

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/24/united-states-marines-ditch-tanks-readiness-confrontation-china/
----

26.03.2020 - 22:36
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 26.03.2020 at 20:42

US Marine Corps to ditch tanks in readiness for confrontation with China in the Pacific

Instead of flipping a regime change in Venezuela or going all-out war with China, Pentagon should address severity of a pandemic that nearly plagued NYC. If it didn't take into serious consideration, sooner or later NYC will become the next biggest epicenter after Italy.
27.03.2020 - 08:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.03.2020 at 22:36

Instead of flipping a regime change in Venezuela or going all-out war with China, Pentagon should address severity of a pandemic that nearly plagued NYC. If it didn't take into serious consideration, sooner or later NYC will become the next biggest epicenter after Italy.

Venecuela has no power, they will die soon enought, but China is problem in whole Asia and later in the world, Chinese already blocks and messes whut US navy there, its serious treat. My wish China and Russia goes in full scale war. We could deal whit China when it was weak in the 80's in 1995 Russia was colapsed, we could make trhat it never rises again, we blow it
----

27.03.2020 - 13:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Royal Navy sends NINE ships to shadow seven-strong Russian warship fleet active in English Channel and North Sea amid fears Putin is trying to take advantage of coronavirus crisis

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8155251/Royal-Navy-sends-NINE-ships-shadow-seven-strong-Russian-warship-fleet-active-UK-waters.html

US, Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian aircraft above Alaska
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/486887-us-canadian-fighter-jets-intercept-russian-aircraft-above-alaska

Well I wish our armies would be so strong as in cold war era. I wish. Russia does it ofren, same to Baltic borders, Finland, Norway , ... it coasts a lot of money I hope oil price colapse will make them stop activities. I am not woried, so far I doubt there be some fight between, unless its Syria by accident
----

27.03.2020 - 13:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.03.2020 at 22:36

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/six-carrier-navy-how-chinas-military-rise-just-keeps-coming-136792

link

Same time they sugegst use dead rays to US airfoce and navy in S China sea.
China is rising, well next 20 years still they weapons wont be as oirs and I doubt they can make stealt things , its bluff, but China want be big player, soon China will say India is theirs..

India dropped out of 5th generation fighter plain program whit Russia, because Russia can not offer such technology..

I think Asia can be next battle field after 30 years
----

27.03.2020 - 21:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
US Army to soon wrap up early testing of short-range air defense system

https://www.defensenews.com/smr/army-modernization/2020/03/24/us-army-to-wrap-up-early-testing-of-short-range-air-defense-system-soon/
----

08.08.2020 - 16:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So america will move away from Germany ca 10 000 solders, well to punish EU yes, its good way because to me 2% to military is not enough, we need more as 5% to 10% out defense. Well its good half of troops be moved to Italy and Poland. IMO US should move total 50 000 solders to Europe. Its utopia yes it is, but it would be nice see 10 000 in Est, 10 000 in Lit and 10 000 in Lat, 10 000 Poland and 20 000 Bulg, Ro + already existing troops in Italy, beNiLux, Germany, UK. It never will happen, but same time Europe must start think about own defense, like every men do mandatory military service and more money to defense. Germany has 6000 panzers , how much works? 200. How much tanks has Russia near Ukraine border? Same time Germany supports noardstreem2. Its not good , not good. Sweden has 200 JAS Grafen , we had 60 Jas Gripen , well gourement ordered new 70 stealth versions, bought patriot missliles, but its not enough to defend Gotland, so basically speaking we cant defend our selves whit out USA, sad in 1995 we dug our grave.
----

26.09.2020 - 13:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I miss dead One, he once told about H&K G36 that its barrel is not fire rapid fire in heat, as missions in Afganistan and Iraq.
here we go

German army selects Haenel MK 556 assault rifle to replace H&K G36

German Navy to receive RBS15 anti-ship missile
Good that sweden is in military deal map again.... if Sweden be in NATO our systems would be bought more.
Jas Gripen (and upcoming Stealth as well), Finland bought F18, Norge F35 , Poland also American because NATO,

Sweden has good things, small personal careers Bv 202 and Bv 206, BvS 10 are popular and used, bought in many countries. (even we use a lot Finnish Patria)
Infantry Fighting Vehicles are good Strf 90

New Self-propelled artillery Artillerisystem 08 are good, Norway ordered I think 60 cars.

I talk about new Flygsystem 2020 made by SAAB what makes Jas jets
Missiles as: BILL 2 Anti-tank guided weapon, KEPD 350, MBT LAW, few anti ship ones, few sams and so on,
Carl Gustav rocket launcher same RB 57, Pskott m/86, RBS 70, many bombs and so om
AutomatKaribe are good weapon, only what cant sell, because we have to many what makes assault riffles

Sad that we ban selling weapons to saudi and Turkey .... money is money, so ....
----

13.02.2021 - 17:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
American gun maker Colt bought by Czech company Ceska Zbrojovka Group

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/american-gun-maker-colt-bought-by-czech-company-ceska-zbrojovka-group/articleshow/80881865.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

To me this is weird, I thought colt has good economics. Another rivery, I know Cz can do good weapons and support army, police unites , but its surprise. I think Volvo, Saab should be swedish, BMW German, Colt, Ford American . Interesting news.
----

14.02.2021 - 01:39
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2021 at 17:24

To me this is weird, I thought colt has good economics. Another rivery, I know Cz can do good weapons and support army, police unites , but its surprise. I think Volvo, Saab should be swedish, BMW German, Colt, Ford American . Interesting news.

Not weird at all, Colt's heydays are long time gone.

Basically, it has been going downhill in Hartford since the end of the Vietnam war. In 1988, they almost went bankrupt after loosing the contract with the U.S. Army to continue the production of the M16 rifle. It's almost funny that they lost this major deal to Fabrique Nationale from Belgium, eventhough Colt was the original producer of the M16 (well, after purchasing the manufacturing rights from ArmaLite) and FN just a licence holder from abroad. It's hard to believe, but by favoring FN Herstal over Colt, the U.S. Army consciously destroyed a long-standing US company.
Well, at leat they've determined and accelerated Colt's further downhill course: lost lawsuits against Heckler & Koch and Bushmaster in 2004, revocation of the M4 trademark, extremely poor performance of the Colt M4 carbine in the 2007 sandstorm conditions test, a lost contract with the US military for M4 rifles in 2013 and finally the declaration of insolvency in 2015.

I wonder why the Czechs still had to pay $220 million for Colt, because nowadays, Colt is nothing more than an empty (shot)shell. Their production facilities are outdated, they have no profitable delivery contracts anymore and their most recent successful and self-developed product, the Colt Python revolver, dates back to the year 1955.

But they are not alone in their failure. It's pretty noteworthy that eventhough the US is still the world's biggest producer of firearms, all the big names and traditional companies are either facing similar issues or they simply do not exist anymore: Remington (bankruptcy notice in 2018 and in 2020), Smith & Wesson (sold to the UK based Tomkins group already in 1987, now part of the Saf-T-Hammer Corporation) and Winchester (liquidated and sold in 2006) are nothing but mere shadows of their former selves. Only Ruger still appears to be in good shape.

Anyhow, I agree with you that it feels weird whenever established companies are sold to foreign investors and when renowned brand names are being acquired by former competitors. On the one hand it's somehow nice that familiar trade names are kept alive, but on the other hand it's a side effect of globalisation that makes me feel rather uneasy, particularly when sensitive industrial sectors like the defence and arms sector are concerned.
----
signatures = SPAM
28.06.2021 - 15:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
German minister rejects idea of arms deliveries to Ukraine

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/german-minister-rejects-idea-of-arms-deliveries-to-ukraine-heiko-maas-angela-merkel-berlin-france-kyiv-b1857540.html
Isnt it enough that Gerhard Schrader and few others in socialdemokrats likes Russia, isnt it enough because of Germany we have Nordstream 2. (If ger want it they can block it) now this. Its oiem Israel is bastion in mid east fighting whit terror, Ukraine stands alone and fight EU enemy in the east,. They needs modern and good weapons to make possible fight.

They dont ask solders, but weapons. EU solders can fight good wars in Africa and mid east, but non and even togehter EU can not stop Russian invasion whit out US help. And only country what might use nukes in x hour to defend Europe in in islands, and not in EU, but NATO. Open eyes., what I did told you in occupation of Georgia, Ukraine be next!
It happened. Swedes vake up ne part of NATO.

Germany to ship army beer home from Afghanistan
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57386704

Leave it same porn videos as well
Afga when NATO solders goes out we widdraw our troops, Talibabanas get control of lands. Afgan army is joke, I dont think we need wasit our money to be there, let they deal whit them selves. We can always bomb places and camps, but if after 20 years they can defend own country, why we should? Give me good argument? China after 50 years and Russia now is NATO biggest problem, and Iranian games as well.
----

20.09.2021 - 09:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So because og Australia will but nuclear submarines from USA (sorry USA has better technology to offer as France) France are pissed that even call ambassador from Australia and USA. You dont do it in modern days. Sorry but only USA can offer what Australia needs because after 30 years China will be more powerful. Australia even needs nuclear weapons , like I always has said each NATO country and EU country should have nuclear weapons to defend our selves. Sweden needs maybe 100 nukes. You never know what will happen in Zapad 2025, so its only way how defend our selves. Ausie needs it actually.
----