Metal Storm logo
FIFA World Cup

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 05.04.2022 - 16:00
Soon its here, to me most boring WC ever in my life....will watch but whit not a such pasion, but I agree that in cold, boring early winter dark days it can be cool and I might have more time to watch.
09.12.2022 - 23:06
Horsymet
Many matches go to penalty kicks. Global level is very tight. We will see tomorrow with the two other 1/4.
09.12.2022 - 23:15
Horsymet
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 07.12.2022 at 08:39

Written by Bad English on 06.12.2022 at 23:22

You forgot England... It won't be suprise to Mr they do it

England winning it will be the biggest shock this century

England has very good players and better bench depth than us. In France, we are not so optimistic for tomorrow's game. May the best man win, as you say .
10.12.2022 - 19:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is it me or all games has 1 min someting addet time'?

Brazil 1-1 1-2 PP Croatia
I did not saw anything special in Brazil , only Neymar crazy Pele style goal. They say its best Brazilian team after 2002 , well they have good individual players, good strong football experts, base and all around, but is it enough? Sometmes we know moe aboyt Brazil how milliards they earn, not ho good as team they are. Babes, fast cars, parties,
Anyway I dont think Brazil will be able win next WC either,
Same I dod not saw anything in Criatian team eitherm unless good smart tacktikes , and crazy conta attack and then penalties, Europeans always will win south Americans.

Argentina 2-2 3-2 PP Holland'
What a crazy game, what a come back, but its not Argentina in 1978 or 1986m its not Holland in 1978 and 1974. It was just luck for Arentina because dutch are eternal unluckies

Portugal 0-1 Morroco
What a crazy game, what a defense, seems they find a way to defend . Portugal scored 6 goals and now they did not score , well maybe thats why and Morroco find some way, some hunge, some thing to make it happen. Portugal had nasty ball controll, but they did not shoot, they need shoot from ditance, how can you get a goal? They could not get close to goal, try long shooter, maybe it works

Semi final

Argentina vs Croatia'
I think Argentina has find some special fuel, they might do same as aganst Poland, and even Croatia has better defense, I believe they can unlock the goal. Its Messi and he knows its his last WC.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.12.2022 - 20:36
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 10.12.2022 at 19:40

Is it me or all games has 1 min someting addet time'?

I think they introduced a new rule that they really play exactly 90 minutes. So all times wasted in interruptions is added at the end. That's why there are now games up to 10 minutes stoppage time, instead of 4 or 5 as it used to be.

Quote:

Argentina 2-2 3-2 PP Holland'
What a crazy game, what a come back, but its not Argentina in 1978 or 1986m its not Holland in 1978 and 1974. It was just luck for Arentina because dutch are eternal unluckies

Yeah that game was crazy! I'm glad to have witnessed that comeback in the last second. Unlucky with penalties - just like Japan was.

Quote:

Portugal 0-1 Morroco
They need shoot from ditance, how can you get a goal? They could not get close to goal, try long shooter, maybe it works

France just showed with their 1:0 in the ongoing game vs England that shooting from a great distance can work indeed!

This is a great world cup with many surprises! And its a truly international cup, with the last 4 teams coming from 3 different continents!
10.12.2022 - 21:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Fymann in hockey you play exact 3x20 minutes, brake time stops i have seen many when team equalizes like 2 seconds before the end. Volleyball is different you need win whit 25 points and 2 more as opponent and 5th set I think 15.

So it might be cool for football. Next wc might be killer in a way more teams, more suprises and you go n figure non Europe qualified suprise
----

apos;'
[image]
13.12.2022 - 15:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
3 reporters has died in Qater so far .... is it quincidence or secret police works so well'?

Have you guys heard how Portugal is bitching about refs ...well maybe but I disagree that Portuagese refs who are in CL are better as Argentinian. We can discuss I say Argentinian leu age are better, weaker teams are stronger.

France 2-1 England
Killer game, they run, attacked, boat teams had chances, but in all goals once you scored such, next time you miss, its luck and well, Portugal did even get close to such chance to score as those teams

France vs Moccoro
Morocco has few injuries, one red card, and they eliminated 2 super teams, I believe France has plan as open defense gates there, they did done whit English.
----

apos;'
[image]
13.12.2022 - 16:26
I roots for Morrocco cuz they are underdog team in Africa and Asia like my country.
13.12.2022 - 16:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Young Mind 37old on 13.12.2022 at 16:26

I roots for Morrocco cuz they are underdog team in Africa and Asia like my country.

Not me, its like supporting Qatar I go for Argentina.
----

apos;'
[image]
14.12.2022 - 09:34
Yea, hahaha I bet money on Morrocco champion cuz its time for underdog Africa and Asia. Europe and Latin AMerican reign too long.
14.12.2022 - 09:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Croatia 0-3 Argentina

Well Cro has reached max I think, small country where relative little people lives and Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split are bigger historical names as football they deliver nowadays
Good game, good defense from Arg to reach a final, and good contra attacks.

EDIT: Thant penalty was questionable, it it would be another way around I think we would see replay.

This WC was interesting because for Argentina before all play for Messi, now he plays for all, he dont score, and do score, but he can create and Julián Álvarez, Angel de Maria, Nahuel Molina. Neutralize them, Messi has free legs, Messi is out, those can open. So.
----

apos;'
[image]
14.12.2022 - 12:56
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Argentina outplayed Croatia in that game. Interesting statistic: when Messi plays in the final, he will be the player with the most World Cup games played
15.12.2022 - 07:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
France 2-0 Morocco
Only think France impressed me was 2 goals. Portugal plaid similar but did not created, France did create better so
If Morocco would scored volley it would change the game and also it would be most beautiful goal and maybe top 5 important goals in a WC history

3th Place
Croatia vs Morocco
Croats came here to win they get so far they will win, now its be harder for them to play because might be last tournament for Luca Modric
Moroccians will find extra fuel, extra tire, extra oil to play it because nobody expected they are reached high hill top as Turkey in 2002.

Final
No comens ...Vamos gauchos.-
----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2022 - 20:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
FIFA has had strict stadium guideline requirements since at least 2001. Stadiums must have a capacity of at least 40,000, stadiums hosting quarter-finals must have a minimum of 60,000 and those hosting the opening ceremony or final must have a capacity of at least 80,000.
----

apos;'
[image]
16.12.2022 - 13:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
As much as I'd expected Morocco to go ALL IN against France, it was as worse as Morocco could ever play. Why the hell everyone was looking out only for "Hakimi"?

Terrible play.

Final came down to what majority expected - Messi vs Mbappe.

If Argentina doesn't choke as they did against Germany, finale will be pretty tight.

What you expecting?
16.12.2022 - 17:48
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 16.12.2022 at 13:57

As much as I'd expected Morocco to go ALL IN against France, it was as worse as Morocco could ever play. Why the hell everyone was looking out only for "Hakimi"?

Terrible play.

Final came down to what majority expected - Messi vs Mbappe.

If Argentina doesn't choke as they did against Germany, finale will be pretty tight.

What you expecting?

I think Morocco had enough good plays and attacking chances in the game, but always the last step - the shot on goal - was missing sadly. France deservedly won.

As for the final, I think France will squeeze by, but Argentina will put up a fight. France are extremely strong in practically every element of the sport. That's my prediction.

But I am hoping that Messi gets to crown his career with a WC win. He deserves that. Plus, France won 4 years ago, so it's time Argentina take it home.

It'll definitely be exciting on Sunday. Do you know that of top 4 goal scorers of this year's WC, 2 are from France and 2 are from Argentina!
18.12.2022 - 14:27
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
In just an hour, we will see two top teams would bullfight for 90 mins(could be longer) for the Fifa World Cup 2022.

I'd chip on Argentina.
18.12.2022 - 17:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
3th place
Croatia 2-1 Morocco
Game was twisted and whit 4 million people Croatia did more as someone thought, I think eliminating Brazil was biggest what they could do, and Argentina was to though
That game, Africans proved they bite hard in the ass and dont let it go.
----

apos;'
[image]
18.12.2022 - 17:20
Maco
Pvt Funderground
As I expected this has been the greatest World Cup I've watched during my lifetime. Despite the horrific and tragic decision that goes against basic human rights (banning beer in the stadiums), Qatar managed to be a great host. Hopefully FIFA will make another World Cup in that country.

Destroy and humilliate France, Argentina.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.12.2022 - 17:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Maco on 18.12.2022 at 17:20

make another World Cup in that country.

2030 Morocco
Spain/Portugal/Ukraine
Saudi/Egypt/Greece are candidates....
----

apos;'
[image]
18.12.2022 - 19:02
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
What a crazily good final - surely one of the best ever - to crown one of the best players ever!

Argentina dominated, playing excellent passes. Messi scores a penalty, Di Maria scores a great goal. Argentina was leading 2:0 until the 80th minute. Then Mbappe scored in two minutes two goals for France, including a fantastic volley - 2:2 after 90 minutes. Then, in the extra time Messi scores for 3:2. But THEN a handball foul causes a penalty shot for France. Mapped scores a hattrick to make it 3:3! This final had it all, including a penalty shootout. Argentinian goalie saves a shot and one French shot goals past the goal. The Argentinian with the handball foul gets to put in the winning goal!

What a marvellous fairy tale come to life!
18.12.2022 - 19:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Argentina 3-3 4-3 PP France
What a epic game, what a epic battle, come back. I did not believe that France will make it. Well even often its easier to come back from early lose of goals as defend , but this seems was something.
I would say epic final, interesting, nerve edging one, since I am gaucho, it was hard to watch. France did do super fats come back ...it could kill Argentina.
It was one of best Argentina tournaments in a long(I dont count Copa America where they won)
Claudio Caniggia, Gabriel Batistuta, Diego Simione,Gonzalo Higuaín, Ariel Ortega, Abel Balbo, Carlos Teves, Juan Sebastian Veron, Hernan Crespo, Mattias Jesus Alömeyda, was maybe bigger names in 1994, 1998, but then came Messi,
Daniel Passarella, Marcelo Bielsa, José Pekerman, (then came Diego Maradona who actually did better job as someoen thought) Alejandro Sabella, Jorge Sampaoli, (last two was not so know) was better coaches on paper as Lionel Scaloni but he found a way, he make Messi play for team, before this WC team plaid for Messi and its difference, he is men now, he has no that ego, but Ronaldo check him out, still ego full baby boy.
In this time, according to results, whit help of luck, goals and things Argenrina is best team in the world.
3th word champions.... so so far only Italy and Brazil has won WC 2 times in a row, but it was years ago before my birth. After 4 years I doubt Argentina will win. I doubt Messi will continue...

and then when Qatar will demolish stadions and build houses, will media care about poor asian workers conditions?
----

apos;'
[image]
18.12.2022 - 19:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lionel Messi is the first player to score in the group stage, round of 16, quater-final, semi-final and final in a single edition of the World Cup. Prestige.
----

apos;'
[image]
18.12.2022 - 21:03
tintinb
And Argentina wins. Waited my whole life to witness this moment. Viva La Argentina. Larga Vida Argentina.
----
Leeches everywhere.
18.12.2022 - 21:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Waited many many years wearing this jersey to see my favorite team and the player to lift the WC.

Finally, it happened.

Vamos.
18.12.2022 - 22:14
musclassia
Staff
That final was absolutely insane - I think the right team won, but fair play to France, and their substitutes/Mbappe in particular, for pulling them right back into a game they were basically out for for 75-80 minutes
18.12.2022 - 22:55
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

As I expected this has been the greatest World Cup I've watched during my lifetime. Despite the horrific and tragic decision that goes against basic human rights (banning beer in the stadiums), Qatar managed to be a great host. Hopefully FIFA will make another World Cup in that country.

This might be the last good cup, really.

I heard the next one is gonna have groups of 3 and be held in different places of the world simultaneously or something
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.12.2022 - 05:03
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by musclassia on 18.12.2022 at 22:14

and their substitutes/Mbappe in particular, for pulling them right back into a game they were basically out for for 75-80 minutes

I'm still clueless why Deschamps(French coach) substituted Dembele/Griezmann/Giroud knowing if match goes to the penalty shootouts, they going to lose. And that's exactly what happened.
19.12.2022 - 06:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 18.12.2022 at 22:55

This might be the last good cup, really.

I heard the next one is gonna have groups of 3 and be held in different places of the world simultaneously or something

What are you talking about, it's in Usa, Canada and Mexico
----

apos;'
[image]
19.12.2022 - 08:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Watch: JUDAS PRIEST Shows Support For Argentine Soccer Team During Buenos Aires Concert

https://blabbermouth.net/news/watch-judas-priest-shows-support-for-argentine-soccer-team-during-buenos-aires-concert

Britts and this ... 1986 Diego Maradona scored whit [/size]gods, [size=6]His hand.
Time toe ducate Fymann in 1998 David Backhem wa son a ground and Diego Pablo Simeone simulated and felt, David get red card ....
----

apos;'
[image]
19.12.2022 - 09:52
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 19.12.2022 at 08:58

Britts and this ... 1986 Diego Maradona scored whit [/size]gods, [size=6]His hand.
Time toe ducate Fymann in 1998 David Backhem wa son a ground and Diego Pablo Simeone simulated and felt, David get red card ....

I'm fed up of cheating in the World Cup. Maradona handball goal, Maradona's drug abuse during competition, Simone play acting to get Beckham sent off, Materazzi racially abusing Zidane's mother which then led to Zidane getting a red card, Rivaldo acting as if he had got shot after the ball touched him, Messi's deliberate handball, and remember Suarez handball on the goal line that stopped a goal being scored, and that's not to mention the amount of diving that goes on.

Still Messi is a great player and so was Maradona and Maradona's second goal against England in 86 was one of the best solo goals ever.