Metal Storm logo
Discuss us, the human race

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 20.06.2006 - 14:39
First of all, welcome and thanks for your interest. Second, can this be moved to the 'Serious Discussions'?

So, let me explain the idea of this thread. You might have read some of my posts in the threads 'Over Population' & 'With or against cloning?'. If you did, you might have noticed me being real angry about our species.

My problem is, we are weak. We are stupid. Some might argue me saying that mankind has survived for the last few 1000 years, because we are so smart that we can solve our problems and think of solutions. I always think, what problem do we have actually solved, without creating 10 others?

We can cure many diseases. Yes, we can cure a few. But my question is, is that a good thing? Why are we running for death, whilst we have no idea (or at least can't agree) of what death actually is. I'm not saying we should all die at once, to find out, but I do think we should stop the fucking running. Why not accept our time of going, when it has come.

As said, in the 'Cloning' thread it was said that we are making progress. Sure we are. We have succesfully cloned a sheep, and in the near future we will probably be able to clone humans or grow bodyparts and we can use those to replace our own. I can't help to imagine us as Frankenstein's, with all different sorts off legs and stuff. Anyway, do you think this is good? My main arguement is that I believe we should follow the course of Nature, and therefore we should live as animals etc. So NO cloning for me. Yes, we will save lives with it, and call me heartless, but I still don't agree with it.

I think we are drifting further and further away from our course, the path we should take. If my world would become reality, we would all be placed back into prehistory and would just live and hunt. If my opinion, that is enough. All our machines that do the hard work for us, leaving us with more time for other things have made us decadent. We now need to philosophize about if there is a God, what road we should take and stuff like that. (Yes, I do see the irony)

So basically, do what the title says: Discuss us, the humanrace. I probably will meet some of you who disagree with me, but I'd be happy if we can discuss that. I'm always in for a good discussion.

PS: If anyone dares to say that we are discussion this through the internet, and thus through one of the main mistakes of mankind, wanting to be connected, I'm going to slap you.

I do see the irony in this, of course, and I know this may sound all a bit hypocritical because I am philosophizing too right now, but I've accepted that. I know that I cannot live up to my ideals, because they represent something I think we can never turn back too. But whatever, discuss!
18.08.2006 - 05:09
Mardoth
Account deleted
Nothing even matters. Just live your life and let the maggot infested humans destroy their world. You will die and leave the idiots with their own problems. They brought it upon themeselves so let them taste the sharp edge of their own stupidity. Most of humanity is so disgracefully ignorant that I would not help even if I did know how to fix this enormous problem that I again point out that most of them don't even know about.
19.08.2006 - 23:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Bas on 17.08.2006 at 22:08

anyway i'd like to bring this thread back up again,
does anyone of you think that the human as such has a higher purpose?
do you think that one day we will do something of high significance?
do you think that the human will evolve further and that we will become some sort of higher race eventually?
if yes what do you think is necessary for that to happen, and more important, do you think that would be worth it?

Yes, I'll start posting too.

Perhaps some different people now, as the old ones kinda bled to death with the convo's. Thanks a million though, but we can't keep on discussing the same stuff.

No. I think we are just a coincidence in a chain of coincidences. I don't believe in a higher entity, a destiny, a higher purpose, no.

This could be true. Perhaps our destruction of the Earth is something significant. But how can we know, when we can't see the bigger picture?

do you think that the human will evolve further and that we will become some sort of higher race eventually?

A higher race. Interesting. I think our evolution-chain (of man itself) shows that we haven't really changed in the core, we just changed the world outside us.. So become a 'new, better' race, I don't think so. It might become truth that we become like the Jetsons, live in a world far more computerized and with more and more technology, yes perhaps. But eventually, we will run into a problem we can't grasp.

And what about you?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.08.2006 - 02:42
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Bas on 17.08.2006 at 22:08

in my eyes he is an amazing writer, that is why i love to read his stuff, but i dont think of him as a good philosopher and i strongly disagree with most of his ideas...

anyway i'd like to bring this thread back up again,
if yes what do you think is necessary for that to happen, and more important, do you think that would be worth it?

Humans = another animal on this planet , NO higher significance, no higher purpose, no more evolution since we dont have any natural contact with nature anymore.
The only thing to change the world would be rules to create a better flow of humans, we need to accept Death as a part of Life and vice versa, dont waste resources on the old people etc, giving age restrictions to medical care is one solution, For example people over 55 years of age cant get organic transplantations etc. You get the idea. And dont get me wrong, I love my Grandfather and Grandmother but lets just say it like this, they will with time become one with the nature and with time I will too, I think it is importat to see death as something you just have to accept and not something to escape.
20.08.2006 - 07:14
Anthem
This is an important question. One I am not even "sure" of the answer. Yes we are just another species of animal on then planet... but still their is a mysterious
point with our ability to "reason". No other animal has this quality. We are able to communicate on such a higher level than ANY other species
that it does at the least bear some extra thought.

All of the scientific data and Darwinism research does not explain this peticular factor! Humans have the ability to "Reason", that is think and make choices.
Evolutionism has no explanation for this phenomenon.

This is not an endorsment of religion but mearly a point and fact!
----
I swear by my life and love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor shall I ask another to live for me.

John Galt
20.08.2006 - 08:20
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by [user id=5394] on 20.08.2006 at 02:42

dont waste resources on the old people etc, giving age restrictions to medical care is one solution, For example people over 55 years of age cant get organic transplantations etc.

yes i absolutely agree here,
yet if we have to do this we have to go further, there are so many things on this planet that make us healthy and live longer, if someone reeeally wants it, he or she can get extremely oldwhat do you think should be done with these people?

Written by Anthem on 20.08.2006 at 07:14

This is an important question. One I am not even "sure" of the answer. Yes we are just another species of animal on then planet... but still their is a mysterious
point...

i think the same (not sure about if the reason for me for not being sure is the same as your reason, but in any case it just doesnt "feel" right to me)

i know that there arent any facts but i have difficulties believing that there isnt more behind all of this...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
20.08.2006 - 08:56
DIE_by_my_HAND
I'll start off with this question already posted...
I DO think humans will evolve, I wouldn't say into a "higher power", but mankind will change eventually... And by eventually I mean probably the next 100 000 years, so obviously not in our lifetime. I came up with this # becuase it took about that long for us to evolve from "uncivilized" species (I think) from what I recall. I reckon we are constantly evolving, in very slow steps nonetheless. All the shit in the air produced by man and machine. Our descendants will be resistant to the harmful gases and other random shit in the atmosphere, but unfortunately the wrld is not capable of evolving as fast as us so it is pretty much fucked. It has been said that it is too late to stop producing harmful emissions to reverse the effects.

Regarding humans being able to reason unlike other animals... Each animal has it's own survival mechanism. Ours happens to be reason. It has gotten us this far and without it we would'nt have any type of technology we have now or any type of crops because we wouldn't know how to farm, or any clothes, ect... BE grateful

And regarding the whole natural death thing... I think people have the right to chose if they want to be kept alive by machines that go BINGGGG!!! Since we have the technology, people think we have to use it, and why not eh? Personally if it was possible for me to be kept alive for a few more years I'd do it, but not after I'm in my 60s because then I'll just want to die... I want to be put on an iceberg and sail away into the abyss... hahaha
----
And music: well it's just entertainment folks!!
-Devin Townsend
01.09.2006 - 19:32
Synn
Account deleted
The Script Of Life:

Firstly, we are bullied out into this world. We are fed, sheltered and guided to function suitably. We are given education so as to become smart and live by the rules set by the social order. We were mechanized into a religious device, at an age where we were naïve, defenseless and could barely verbalize for ourselves. We are then speared with the premise of God into our intellect, enslaved into the sepulcher of the 10 commandments and we hang by our necks with the golden chain, baptized, 'The freedom to choose'. We are trained to march the bridge from life to death, paved by the translucent hands of the initiator. We have to conduct ourselves as slaves to our fetal bearers and protectors. We can't subsist as we crave, we are stitched with nylon rules by our parents, and authoritative mechanical arms pierced into our fleshy tissues; bleeding with rebellious venom. Eventually we get married and yield children, so one day they too will end up like slaves, like us. We, at a snails pace, lose the stream of love with our spouse. Married life, narrows down to one single bubble; earn the money, bring home the provisions, be certain your child is pierced with your mechanical arm and in the end, we corrode into the dirt and slumber with the maggots.
Is this it? Is this the tactic of life? Have we been fabricated as slaves and as we enhance, to engineer the novel beings as we were fabricated? An unintentional spiral of transparent slavery.
01.09.2006 - 19:38
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i dont agree with the pessimistic content, but seriously, you should become a professional writer
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
24.09.2006 - 00:35
Synn
Account deleted
Written by Bas on 01.09.2006 at 19:38

i dont agree with the pessimistic content, but seriously, you should become a professional writer

hahaha, thnx dude. although i hate writing.
01.10.2006 - 09:26
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
As human beings we have certain traits Bread into us. Some of which are good, and some of which are bad.
We are all born with things such as compassion, the ability to love, to reason, to think, to feel, we have a concept of right and wrong, though it is culturally interpreted. But we also have greed, jealousy, envy, and hatred. These many different kinds of emotions and abilitys are part of what makes such a good, and yet such a terrible race. We are social creatures, and therefore we build societys, but the societies we build vary from one to another, then we have social and therfore cultural conflict, then we have war, then disease, then the destruction of one society and the uprise of another, it continues in the same cycle untill that society can no longer uphold itself, then it collapses, only to have another society built over it. Where am I going with this? well, the fact that we are social creatures leads to most of mans problems, we take to much pride in our societys, and downtrod those of others.
Fear is another one of mans great faults. Because we fear death the way we do, we are always finding ways to prolong life, and to a minor extent that's ok, familys need help right? but then we go to ridiculous proportions and create things wich literally increase life span, thus overpopulating the planet and leading to many critical problems today. I do belive there is a city somewhere in the world which has a population larger than that of the united states. That's a very hefty statement and to many may seem unbelievable at first, but believe it, because that's how out of control it's gotten.
Frankly, I don't know what to say in reguards to what should be done about our race, because I believe in free practice and enterprize, it's your life, live it how you want, all I'm gonna say is that I've got mine and Nobody's gonna stop me from living it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
01.10.2006 - 20:17
Almar
Account deleted
humans through out history have always belived that the past was better then the present, that the wars and desises of their time had not been present in the past and that their ancestors had lived peacfull and good lives, if you have study´d some history then you know this is a load of horseshit, there have been wars and suffering since man first took a single breath in this world and there will be wars and suffering untill he takes his last. Why do you want to return to the wild when you have to admit that humans are, yes slowly but surly moving in the right direction, a hundred years ago would anyone have given a shit about the suffering of people in africa? there aint many people to day that give a shit, but still there are more then a hundred years ago. I don´t think there is any higher purpose for the human race we are just another pice in the puzzle, but wh have the potential to become a pretty big pice, scientist´s say that the normal human of today has twice the brain power of a normal human born 1000 years ago, now that has got to show that we have made some progress, but as always progress takes a long time and i tink it will be a long time untill humans can live in peace with one another.
01.10.2006 - 22:49
Bitch Boy
I think that the world would be a much better place without human race
02.10.2006 - 17:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
And.. why? Would give us a chance to react.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.10.2006 - 18:47
Konrad
Mormon Storm
@Bitch Boy - I highly resent that comment. To renounce the human race is to renounce BRUJERIA! And that...my friend is why you have offended me. MATANDO GUEROS!
----
Brujerizmo!
03.10.2006 - 15:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ehh, excuse me, but could you please translate those words?

And please, if you are angry, calm down, I don't want to fight in this topic.
----

03.10.2006 - 18:40
Destryphior
To clear it up, mankind is evolving, and will continue to do so... Evolving doesn't necesserly make us more, better, it changes us, if it's good there's no one to judge... The position mankind has in this world will destroy us, as all species are destroyed sometimes. Man is filled with greed, as everything, it makes us working for a better now, better for me, things that don't affect us doesn't shock us, this will make politics more nationally centrated... There is nothing to save us therefore we aren't of any higher importance than other species. Still I belive in the Jungle Law, the quick and the dead. If the behavior of man leads to extintion of species, let be so. Sometime we'll be the ones to be destroyed. The fear of death is something everything living feels, save yourself, produce more offspring, giving your genes more chance to survive.
03.10.2006 - 21:28
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Lucas on 03.10.2006 at 15:50

Ehh, excuse me, but could you please translate those words?

And please, if you are angry, calm down, I don't want to fight in this topic.

I was totally joking...Brujeria is a mexican death metal band...and he is from Mexico.

Matando Gueros - !!Viva la raza!!
Matando Gueros - !!Estilo Pancho Villa!!
Matando Gueros - !!Satanas de cuida!!
Matando Güeros - !!Matando Gueros!! translates into...

Killing white boys - Long live the race!!!
Killing white boys - Like Pancho Villa!!!
Killing white boys - Satan takes care of you
Killing white boys - Killing white boys!!!
----
Brujerizmo!
04.10.2006 - 19:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ehh, ok. I see.
----

08.10.2006 - 18:02
Eight
Shapeshifter
If we look into the past of the planet we can see that every planet being have it's own end, we rule now but our time will come too.
I'm hungret percen sure that we wont survive as much as dinosaurs did, tho we are smarter (are we?).
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
25.11.2006 - 13:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
We are stupid, ignorant and egoistic. But still, can we blame ourselves? Any animal would do the same thing we do if they could. We destroy the earth to live a good life right now, without thinking of the consequenses.
----
26.11.2006 - 01:40
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Warman on 25.11.2006 at 13:27

We are stupid, ignorant and egoistic.

I must disagree with you very Strongly. It is very true that there are those of us on this planet which do have demeaning intelect in high positions of Authority, and due to those positions and stupid people having them, terrible things happen to societies and environments. Take the Amazon rainforest as a prime example. If we continue cutting it down at the same rate we are, it will be completely gone by the year 2085. The rainforest puts off about 85% of the planets Oxygen. The people in charge of the opperation don't care about that, they only care about lining their own pockets in their own lifetime, nevermind the fact that you're completely dooming future generations and the wellbeing of the planet. So I don't really blame you for thinking that the whole of the human race suffers from the terminal illnesses of Stupidity, Ignorance, and Egotism. There are however, worldwide organizations of people who fight against this kind of Behavior, people deliberate between right and wrong and feel remourse for their actions, and it's because of that fact that the world hasn't completely gone to hell. If we were completely stupid, we would have killed ourselves by now, but there are people who care, who give a danm, and who fight for what is right. So there are some of us who are stupid, but their actions don't represent my own, therefore, we are not neceserrily a stupid race, simply a race of individuals.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
10.12.2006 - 15:35
..HumanError..
Account deleted
"Some are stupid, ignorant and egoistic". And as Arian Totalis said, "some care and and fight for what is right".

But obviously, its not enough, don't you guys see what is going on? We're destroying the planet, and I wont say "our planet" as we've not been here for much time compared to other species. (They're even seeking life on Mars, do they plan to pollute another planet as we're doing here?)

Moreover, don't you see that ppl are about to start a 3rd WW? Israel, India, Afghanistan, North Corea, USA.. all these countries have nukes.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki should have been enough, people should have understood. But its going to happen, i dont know when, we'll eventually destroy ourselfves, because we're just too smart to be satisfied with what we have, we're running, looking for something we will never get. Thats the reason why we just cant live in peace, unlike the other animals on this earth. Sad But True.
11.12.2006 - 07:16
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by [user id=18405] on 10.12.2006 at 15:35

"Some are stupid, ignorant and egoistic". And as Arian Totalis said, "some care and and fight for what is right".

But obviously, its not enough, don't you guys see what is going on? We're destroying the planet, and I wont say "our planet" as we've not been here for much time compared to other species. (They're even seeking life on Mars, do they plan to pollute another planet as we're doing here?)

Moreover, don't you see that ppl are about to start a 3rd WW? Israel, India, Afghanistan, North Corea, USA.. all these countries have nukes.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki should have been enough, people should have understood. But its going to happen, i dont know when, we'll eventually destroy ourselfves, because we're just too smart to be satisfied with what we have, we're running, looking for something we will never get. Thats the reason why we just cant live in peace, unlike the other animals on this earth. Sad But True.

I was going to post here a while ago but I couldn't get my words right to say what I wanted to say, but you've pretty much said what I wanted to say, so thank you.

The purpose of life is simply to sustain life... to survive... but we're not happy with that. We're destroying ourselves and this planet, and it's unavoidable... the saddest part is that we're gonna take a lot of other species down with us. It makes me sick. This is why the human race as a whole could be called ignorant.
11.12.2006 - 18:23
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
I think that there isn't one "way" for all human. There isn't one, good "solution" for our species. We have always fight between each other. We born then we die. We can't stop this natural process of live. Our acts, whatever we do are mark by death. Paradoxically our live has sense only because of death (time). Why? I think if we never dies, we don't have to create, procreate...
Subsist is not live but only hopeless vegetation... in timeless emptiness...
We have no certainty meaning about our world, our live. We can choose anything. There are plenty, different possibilitys. We can pay attention to consequences but not necessarily...
11.12.2006 - 20:56
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2943] on 11.12.2006 at 07:16

I was going to post here a while ago but I couldn't get my words right to say what I wanted to say, but you've pretty much said what I wanted to say, so thank you.

Hehe :d its always nice to see people understand and agree with what i might say or think .

But this is really sad, because we're able to invert the process, and make this world a better place to live. We can do it, but we wont, because of the "elite" who is currently ruling the world.

And this will be the first time one of these many species living on earth gets to self-destruction, and as you said, we're draggind the rest of the planet down with us, in the grave we have dug ourselves.

Sad But True .

*sigh*..
12.12.2006 - 00:25
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
P. S.
I believe in destiny... I mean: of course we (human beings) can do want we want to do but we have always choose the same things, we have always goes to the same point... This point called: Death, Destruction and Vanishing... it is optimistically isn't?
14.12.2006 - 15:38
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by [user id=18405] on 11.12.2006 at 20:56

But this is really sad, because we're able to invert the process, and make this world a better place to live. We can do it, but we wont, because of the "elite" who is currently ruling the world.

Hmmm I think the ONLY way to invert the process is if EVERYONE on the ENTIRE planet abandons EVERYTHING to do with our current way of life and reverts back to living in the stone age. All of this half-arsed recycling bottles and plastic bags or whatever, isn't going to make a scrap of difference in the long run. Unfortunately the human race as a whole is just too selfish to simply abandon our very comfortable and easy way of living (not that I'm saying everyone has an easy life, but I'm referring to the way we humans live in general e.g. go to shops to buy food instead of having to hunt/forage for it ourselves, so you get what I mean).

But we'd still die out because we wouldn't be able to survive as "wild animals" anymore. We've been living in this way for so long that we've lost all of our natural survival instincts. Which is very sad indeed.

Oh and we'd also have to find a way to get rid of all those things like plastic etc. that don't decompose properly.

I'm pretty sure we're fucked.
16.12.2006 - 02:25
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2943] on 14.12.2006 at 15:38

But we'd still die out because we wouldn't be able to survive as "wild animals" anymore. We've been living in this way for so long that we've lost all of our natural survival instincts. Which is very sad indeed.

Everything you had said before was true . But I disagree with that point, that Ive quoted.

As we said, we are human beings, even if some people dont look like it or behave like it, we all are.
And, hmm.. lets think... Its been... for more than 9000 years that we know how to cultivate the land, and get meat by breeding (<--- im not sure about the meaning of this word ), therefore some "developped" tribes could stop the hunting and the gathering to feed themselves. Let's say that we have started to become less and less "primitive" since that period.

And compared to the other species, we have changed A LOT. Thanks/Because of our ..."superior intelligence"... lets call it like that... *cough*. But no, we have not lost our instincts, our reflexes, our pulsions. There are a lot of tribes (less and less people everyday, but still) which are still living as they have always been living, im thinking about the Indians in Amazonia and all... and some tribes in Africa....

I think that we wouldnt need much time to get used to it again, it sounds hard and all... but you have no idea of what a man in danger could do to save his own life, to survive in an unknown and hostile environement (for instance, just think about those guys, lost in desert islands, so many movies and books deal with that kind of stories).

If things go on this way, if we go on polluting, if the ozone layer says bye and leaves us, if those giant ice cubes keep on melting down... then.... gah, dont want to imagine it ><.

Maybe there will be a kind of selection in the human race, just like with the other species : the strongest, the brightest, and the lucky ones would survive ; and the others would just die : me and my brother for example, and maybe some of you guys :p.

Btw, heres a link for a funny thing Ive found when I was wandering on the web : http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html

(if the link doesnt work heres the adress, i dont trust my typing

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html
18.12.2006 - 01:05
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
Even strong or luck does not help against our destiny...
Everything will started once again... but it may starts only when everythings has ended...
27.12.2006 - 00:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ah, I see someone rooted in the Scandinavian religion, aren't you? Do you perhaps care to explain why you think so?
----