Metal Storm logo
Christianity

Original post

Posted by Zombie, 11.10.2010 - 15:16
Old thread locked, new thread here.
resume the discussion
10.03.2016 - 04:06
FOOCK Nam
If you can answer my question, very detailedfully without high mind needed,"is Ghost real" ?, then some % of the whole quetion about God's realism can be found.
10.03.2016 - 04:14
FOOCK Nam
@Enteroctopus: i think you guys's knowledge and worldview of big picture is good, but try to be more simple in the approach of unanswered matters. I ve seen the other metalstormers with lots of knowledge but imho needs to be more focus on simple detail when apply your knowledge on,.. Ive seen some guy like IronAngel very good scientific terminology.. Blah. You know Einstein said "if you cant explain your point in simple words, you are not fully understand the matter point". Try to make it simple answer.. The more it short the more it simple the more you understand it. Long words is specific explain, of course long words is need but when sum up, try it short n simple..
10.03.2016 - 18:32
Enteroctopus
Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.03.2016 at 04:14

@Enteroctopus: i think you guys's knowledge and worldview of big picture is good, but try to be more simple in the approach of unanswered matters. I ve seen the other metalstormers with lots of knowledge but imho needs to be more focus on simple detail when apply your knowledge on,..

Fair enough, simple is good. I respect Neil De Grasse Tyson because he does a great job of explaining astrophysics on layman's terms. It's not "dumbed down," either. Carl Sagan was great at that, too. I'd like to be able to do that.

wrt asking questions about the nature of the universe, god, ghosts, Hawking, I'm afraid it's got to get a bit complicated. Can you help us by focusing on one question?

Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.03.2016 at 05:40

We dont know what is in the other side of black hole, the thing Stephen Hawking discovered. He doesnt believe in God, all scientist mostly dont believe, but actually the questio about Gods real or not is still havent been proved.

Luckil you know my thought and what ive been through, firstly research about ghost, you will know ghost can be real. If ghosts real then God can be real.

What is a ghost anyway? I suspect it has something to do with the way the brain is wired. We sort of fill in the gaps in our perception to make up for our imperfect eyesight, etc. If you catch a glimpse of a shadow you're going to tend to see a person, if that's what you're used to. It's a survival thing. If you're used to running away from tigers you will probably see a tiger. The brain sees things that aren't there because it is so darn good at seeing things that are. There's a error every now and again.

And who said God is a ghost?

Secondly, who the fuck has created black hole and universe

Why must there be a creator? How about a cyclic universe with Big Bang -> Big Crunch repeated forever? No one's ruled out that theory yet.

It could be that the universe simply is. We expect a creation, a beginning, middle and end because that's how life goes for us. We also expect particles to behave like marbles when in fact they behave like particles - they follow their own physics which seems strange to us. I don't expect the universe to be any different in that respect, it's going to behave like a universe.

We follow the universe's rules, the universe does not care about ours.

"I'm supposed to have a CREATOR?!"

Thirdly, what the hell is on the other side of the black hole. Imaginedly, one side has our universe with sun galaxy and other star and potentially galaxy and other potential life made planets, and the other side of black hole,wha is it inside..

We don't know, but Hawking's theories have shed some light on the physics near black holes. Inside could be another universe? Who knows?

Certain things are not knowable and the inner workings of a black hole may be one of them.
10.03.2016 - 22:12
FOOCK Nam
Enteroctopus: if you ever chase ghosts, it kind of like part of human soul remain, but until now science still undiscover what exactly ghosts is.. If ghosts are real,... Now use the logic,from beginnig of 2000 years, priests and Christian authority have use Bible and all other religious tools to deal with ghosts, not only Christianity but other religion too... So if ghost is real then the Church has its power too, then Jesus is real, then ghost, spirits, demons, satan can be real,... Then God is real..

The second question i dont disagree uz i have no arguemental theory, if the universe and black hole is like that then ok i can have no imagination who makes it ceate it..

Thirdly i just imply the other side of black hole can be another world soul spirit like heaven, no i just mean we dont know nothing about, and its influence to human world,.. We dont know maybe heaven there, maybe other universe..,

If you suppose there is no God if there is other planet aliens exist etc... Then like the Pope says If God send other Jesus to them like to us ?...

But above all, my theory pretty true cuz if ghost is real then God can be real... Becaus other supernatural n God is supernatural too, if ghost is real, ghost is supernatural, blah blah then all that shit supernatural are real, God among it or maybe God make ghosts.. Use logic n intuition... Blah, i mean e.g you know lots dealing Ghost by exorcism,...soul research etc.. All that shit still makes human race wonder.. And we been using Bible and all that magic religion occult etc in the nam of God to dis ghost..,.. So if ghosts is real, then God n powersupernatural is real..

Now speaking of evidence of ghosts, you can look at ghost photos, those real true unexplainable photos that ghosts appear there, stuff like that cant be explain or still remain makes human race wonder and still finding the answer.. I encourage you follow reasear of ghosts photos, picture, videos, tv show about ghost, exorcism, reincarnation, religion, stories of ghost, occult etc.. Actually i dont comfirm God or ghost real but if you look at or been through the research of ghosts then you will think ghost is real then God is real..

Try reasearch the occult then you will know.. Brain can decieve, but picture capture.. How about it..

Of course im no scientist, if you say like universe works its way physics work, n it is what it is like that.. Then how opposedly
I would say like it is what it is God makes it all, its like that.. Nothing else.. Even im more of rational science guy, im pretty impressed of ghost evidence..

If ghosts is real then all stuff shit like demons, satans, dragon can be real but lost evidence.. N most powerful is God the supetnatural toughest can be real...n stuff like reincarnation, sins etc karma..

Try research bout ghost follow all tv show about stuff similar like that..

Thoough i think Vatican and other powerful organization do reasearch about ghosts, aliens etc.. Yes Vatiacan too,exorcism, reincarnation etc.. They do have knlowdege on stuff like that than general human individual like me n u too.. I think... Alright, i dont impose or argue,just assume.. I know you are dentist, like scientist way, but what i assume pretty interesting..
11.03.2016 - 00:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
There is no proof whatsoever that ghosts exist.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.04.2016 - 23:22
Enteroctopus
An interesting possibility I have considered is a purely digital entity. Consciousness is basically just a product or property of our mental processes anyway, so at what point do computers, "wake up?"

What if the Internet, "wakes up?"

I suppose it would need us around to maintain its servers and stuff like that, so at least we would have a slave role.

To me, if I go to the zoo and watch, like, a frog it seems pretty happy to me. Like, it doesn't give a shit that it's stuck in a box with people staring at it all day, whatever? I think we long to get back to that type of mind, like the Buddha, right?

Makes a lot more sense that if you stick around at all, in whatever form, you'd attain this, "whatever," attitude vs living forever in this idealistic paradise. What do you do all day in Heaven, anyway? Fly around in the clouds and play your harp?

Life has played around with different concepts that then just got trashed in favor of other concepts. Like dinosaurs. Life played around with BIG for a few million years, then big got boring and life decided to play around with clever. Now we're oh, so clever, but we're constantly searching around for the secret to happiness, when the secret to happiness is sitting in a pile of shit and eating insects. It's not caring that people are staring at you all day in your little plastic box.

I think that's what will happen, not literally. But long after humankind has blown itself to bits and every trace of our civilization has been overgrown with vines there will still be people around, and they'll be running around in loincloths eating berries and shit, and they'll be a lot happier than we are. They won't particularly give a shit that they just run around half-naked eating berries all day, every day. Little enlightened, Hippie Yodas, aka indigenous people. After three or four generations we'll forget we even got civilized, and any remaining man-made towers will become the houses of our wind god and our water god, etc.

Intelligence will reach some pinnacle, and maybe it's us (probably not). Maybe it's the Internet itself, some superorganism of transistors and hard drives and RAM. Maybe one day we'll just get sick of the whole thing and unplug the sonovabitch!!
22.04.2016 - 10:17
FOOCK Nam
@Enteroctopus: what you're saying is "peace of mind", refers to like you are always content with what you have, what you are about.. There are ppl reach to it already but not all whole world mankind.. Myself personally i reach it by research sprituality... Luckily guys know my thought, i think and observed "peace of mind" is everything. And important most. Try to reach n have it.
31.10.2021 - 19:51
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
We've all thought about it at some point in our lives: what happens after we die?
Some say there's an afterlife. Some say there's nothing.
I personally always have difficulties imagining that there's just nothing after death. No senses, just Black Void. But not even that, because I'd have to be alive to realize I'm surrounded by nothing. I just don't exist - and because of that I don't even realize that I don't exist.
It's kind of comforting that I won't feel lonely because, well, I won't have feelings - I don't exist anymore! My mind just has difficulties processing how it would be for all of my consciousness and thoughts to abruptly end, disappear, and never return. I find it rather depressing that the world just keeps turning and I'm not there anymore to even watch from afar.
That's why I hope there's an afterlife. It's a much more comforting and less boring option than nothing, even though the "nothing" option might be more "realistic"
01.11.2021 - 08:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman on 31.10.2021 at 19:51

We've all thought about it at some point in our lives: what happens after we die?

Its not christian original ideas, all religions before and after has same thoughts
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.11.2021 - 09:17
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 01.11.2021 at 08:26

Its not christian original ideas, all religions before and after has same thoughts

I don't really believe in an afterlife, but Valhalla sounds like an amazing place to be, so I would like to spend my Eternity there
01.11.2021 - 11:57
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor

Yeah, I couldn't find a thread here just about the afterlife. So I thought this thread would be the closest one
01.11.2021 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman on 01.11.2021 at 11:57

Yeah, I couldn't find a thread here just about the afterlife. So I thought this thread would be the closest one

Yes its true, but same time in each religion afterlife are euqte similar IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
01.11.2021 - 12:07
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 01.11.2021 at 12:00

Yeah, thats not surprising. Like I said, most people hope for some kind of continuation after death, since nothingness would be quite anticlimactic
Plus, most people wish that bad people would get punishment that they don't get here right now, while good people are rewarded. These are similar traits for many religions - because all humans have an instinct for self-preservation and a desire for justice
01.11.2021 - 12:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman on 01.11.2021 at 12:07

Written by Bad English on 01.11.2021 at 12:00

Yeah, thats not surprising. Like I said, most people hope for some kind of continuation after death, since nothingness would be quite anticlimactic
Plus, most people wish that bad people would get punishment that they don't get here right now, while good people are rewarded. These are similar traits for many religions - because all humans have an instinct for self-preservation and a desire for justice

In original Christianity has no purgatory, it came later when chaotic sinners wanted forgives in afterlife, they paid to church and they was sin free.
In saami religion, is more, person lives till its remebered.
----

apos;'
[image]
01.11.2021 - 23:37
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor

I personally always have difficulties imagining that there's just nothing after death. No senses, just Black Void. But not even that, because I'd have to be alive to realize I'm surrounded by nothing. I just don't exist - and because of that I don't even realize that I don't exist.
It's kind of comforting that I won't feel lonely because, well, I won't have feelings - I don't exist anymore! My mind just has difficulties processing how it would be for all of my consciousness and thoughts to abruptly end, disappear, and never return. I find it rather depressing that the world just keeps turning and I'm not there anymore to even watch from afar.
That's why I hope there's an afterlife. It's a much more comforting and less boring option than nothing, even though the "nothing" option might be more "realistic"

I just discovered Dan Swanö's Moontower album and on the song "The Big Sleep" it seems that we shares the same feelings :
Quote:
it's so hard to hear that one day all I am will disappear
I have seen grief and what it does to you
The day will come when I will lose what I was made of
I try to imagine what that would be like but the thought is so unreal so it is
filtered out
20.01.2022 - 04:22
Ivy Patterns
I am basically an agnostic but I'd like to point out two things about Christians

1. Some of the fakest, most arrogant, selfish people I've ever met called themselves Christians

2. Some of the purest, humble, gentle, and caring people I've met are Christians

I've learned to be very cautious when it comes to stereotyping
20.01.2022 - 17:57
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Ivy Patterns on 20.01.2022 at 04:22

I am basically an agnostic but I'd like to point out two things about Christians

1. Some of the fakest, most arrogant, selfish people I've ever met called themselves Christians

2. Some of the purest, humble, gentle, and caring people I've met are Christians

I've learned to be very cautious when it comes to stereotyping

Religion doesn't define a person's entire personality, much like heir favorite film doesn't or their political beliefs don't either. Humans are complicated individuals and only knowing about one of their facets usually doesn't mean much.
(also unrelated but the answer to the dilemma in your profile pic is 1 because sqrt(x^2) = |x| and |-1|=1)
20.01.2022 - 18:13
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Roman Doez on 20.01.2022 at 17:57

sqrt(x^2) = |x| and |-1|=1)

Sorry for interfering but Wtf!?
20.01.2022 - 18:21
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 20.01.2022 at 18:13

Sirry for interfering but Wtf!?

The magic of maths, there's always an answer! As a way to stay on topic, I could add that religion and maths go perfectly well together since maths provide an incredibly well crafted way to explain the world, and what other way to explain how well maths are crafted than with a God that made them the way they are...
20.01.2022 - 18:28
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Roman Doez on 20.01.2022 at 18:21

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 20.01.2022 at 18:13

Sirry for interfering but Wtf!?

The magic of maths, there's always an answer! As a way to stay on topic, I could add that religion and maths go perfectly well together since maths provide an incredibly well crafted way to explain the world, and what other way to explain how well maths are crafted than with a God that made them the way they are...

I like your thinking, I wish I had a mind like that, it would make life much easier yo understand numbers have always baffled me, I can do simple sums like 1+1=2, but when brackets and letters are concerned I get confused.
20.01.2022 - 18:35
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 20.01.2022 at 18:28

I like your thinking, I wish I had a mind like that, it would make life much easier yo understand numbers have always baffled me, I can do simple sums like 1+1=2, but when brackets and letters are concerned I get confused.

I've been getting into more serious maths recently like vector spaces, honestly it's a subjedt I really love. Being able to find the answer to a hard problem through reasonment is one of the most satisfactory things in life.
20.01.2022 - 19:08
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Roman Doez on 20.01.2022 at 18:35

I've been getting into more serious maths recently like vector spaces, honestly it's a subjedt I really love. Being able to find the answer to a hard problem through reasonment is one of the most satisfactory things in life.

I amazed how much you know about the subject considering your young age, your IQ must be quite high.
20.01.2022 - 19:10
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 20.01.2022 at 19:08

I amazed how much you know about the subject considering your young age, your IQ must be quite high.

Nothing to do with IQ, I just study maths 9h a week haha
20.01.2022 - 19:26
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Absolute values are considered that hard to grasp?
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
20.01.2022 - 19:44
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I think andy was talking about the vector spaces.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.01.2022 - 20:04
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
I... I think we should go back to the Christianity topic and leave the maths for the math topic.

Does anybody know if I can find a bible that also includes non canonical stuff like Enoch and all those apocrypha?
----
20.01.2022 - 20:11
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by RaduP on 20.01.2022 at 20:04

I... I think we should go back to the Christianity topic and leave the maths for the math topic.

Does anybody know if I can find a bible that also includes non canonical stuff like Enoch and all those apocrypha?

Wait... There's a math topic?

Funny that you say that. I recall catholic bibles having more extra stuff than the bibles the protestant. I wonder why is that? I don't think you could easily find physicals with the additional books that were removed centuries aog, tho. Best you can probably do is finding it online
----
- Reimu Hakurei
20.01.2022 - 20:13
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Karlabos on 20.01.2022 at 20:11

Wait... There's a math topic?

There should be.
----
21.01.2022 - 09:43
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Roman Doez on 20.01.2022 at 18:35

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 20.01.2022 at 18:28

Yo, you should study physics! We use vector spaces all the time, especially in quantum mechanics - it simplifies things a lot.
21.01.2022 - 13:33
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Well, we mathematicians also use vector spaces all the time
----
- Reimu Hakurei