Metal Storm logo
Discuss us, the human race

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 20.06.2006 - 14:39
First of all, welcome and thanks for your interest. Second, can this be moved to the 'Serious Discussions'?

So, let me explain the idea of this thread. You might have read some of my posts in the threads 'Over Population' & 'With or against cloning?'. If you did, you might have noticed me being real angry about our species.

My problem is, we are weak. We are stupid. Some might argue me saying that mankind has survived for the last few 1000 years, because we are so smart that we can solve our problems and think of solutions. I always think, what problem do we have actually solved, without creating 10 others?

We can cure many diseases. Yes, we can cure a few. But my question is, is that a good thing? Why are we running for death, whilst we have no idea (or at least can't agree) of what death actually is. I'm not saying we should all die at once, to find out, but I do think we should stop the fucking running. Why not accept our time of going, when it has come.

As said, in the 'Cloning' thread it was said that we are making progress. Sure we are. We have succesfully cloned a sheep, and in the near future we will probably be able to clone humans or grow bodyparts and we can use those to replace our own. I can't help to imagine us as Frankenstein's, with all different sorts off legs and stuff. Anyway, do you think this is good? My main arguement is that I believe we should follow the course of Nature, and therefore we should live as animals etc. So NO cloning for me. Yes, we will save lives with it, and call me heartless, but I still don't agree with it.

I think we are drifting further and further away from our course, the path we should take. If my world would become reality, we would all be placed back into prehistory and would just live and hunt. If my opinion, that is enough. All our machines that do the hard work for us, leaving us with more time for other things have made us decadent. We now need to philosophize about if there is a God, what road we should take and stuff like that. (Yes, I do see the irony)

So basically, do what the title says: Discuss us, the humanrace. I probably will meet some of you who disagree with me, but I'd be happy if we can discuss that. I'm always in for a good discussion.

PS: If anyone dares to say that we are discussion this through the internet, and thus through one of the main mistakes of mankind, wanting to be connected, I'm going to slap you.

I do see the irony in this, of course, and I know this may sound all a bit hypocritical because I am philosophizing too right now, but I've accepted that. I know that I cannot live up to my ideals, because they represent something I think we can never turn back too. But whatever, discuss!
22.10.2007 - 12:38
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by Fuath on 21.10.2007 at 01:01

y would we be here for no reason? the food chain, everything plays a key part, to keep everything else alive and in the right numbers. take away one of these things and everything breaks down. add more of these things, and others will thin out. it is purely a matter of opinion as to wat the human race is here for, but i beleive that we are here to do wat we were always here to do; evolve and advance
i admit that we have done wrong in some cases,and are stil doing wrong, but that is not all of us, look at those with degrees in medicine, to help people, like drs and vets
if cloning is such a problem, then i ask y isnt eating meat?, cloning can be for sustainability, to keep people alive, eating meat is killing an innocent animal for the same reason, yet there is no problem eating animals

Yes, I'm here for no reason, just existing because I have nothing better to do than exist (according to my subjective opinion existing is still a better activity than not existing). About cloning and eating meat... well cloning isn't natural, eating meat is, there have been books about the dangers of cloning, and though I don't have time atm to explain these dangers, I'll try to do so later. And for the "everything keeps everything else alive" part, I disagree as I don't see how the human species for example are important for other species (except those we have domesticated). In fact there's been a book that explained how the only two species whose positive effect to other species is close to zero or severely outweighed by their negative effects, are human beings and rats. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against human species, but I do believe that nothing has a purpose of its own (unless we choose to obscure the randomness of the multiverse and allocate in our minds various purposes to things, and of course there's nothing wrong with that, but we should ackowledge that these allocations, purposes etc. exist only within our minds.
24.10.2007 - 19:37
villain
Written by Dane Train on 22.10.2007 at 00:20

Written by villain on 21.10.2007 at 21:09

I think it is a plague. It is all the characteristics of it. Think about it.

Ok, I thought about it. Still don't see how we are a plague. Could you please explain how?

You haven't thought enough. A plague spreads quickly and destroy many lives. I think with the advent of medical science, and other technology humanity has become a kind of virus. People whether diseases, disabled or whatever live longer and pollute the environment etc (you know all that stuff dont you?) Humanity can be called a dangerous strain of virus because it is so capable. It is capable of destroying the whole world. You have to accept it, the earth has become gravely ill.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
24.10.2007 - 19:43
villain
Written by b0000mst1ck on 22.10.2007 at 07:47

a plague is a widespread affliction, calamity, or evil. yeah, we're doing a lot of stupid shit, but at the same time some of us are trying to fix it. if there's two different sides to the effects we're having on the planet and other species, we couldn't possibly consider ourselves as such. i've never heard of a plague that killed our race and helped it at the same time.

DOn't take it literally, we are smart enough to realize that we will perish if we continue to plague this planet. But I think whatever we have done to preserve it is tiny compared to what we have done it destry it.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
24.10.2007 - 21:07
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by villain on 24.10.2007 at 19:37

You haven't thought enough. A plague spreads quickly and destroy many lives. I think with the advent of medical science, and other technology humanity has become a kind of virus. People whether diseases, disabled or whatever live longer and pollute the environment etc (you know all that stuff dont you?) Humanity can be called a dangerous strain of virus because it is so capable. It is capable of destroying the whole world. You have to accept it, the earth has become gravely ill.

Two quick points.

First: I have thought plenty about it. These sorts of issues are what I deal with in my career. So just because I may disagree with you does not mean I have not thought about it.

Second: How do people who are ill destroy the earth by living longer?
----
(space for rent)
24.10.2007 - 23:52
b0000mst1ck
Written by villain on 24.10.2007 at 19:43

Written by b0000mst1ck on 22.10.2007 at 07:47

a plague is a widespread affliction, calamity, or evil. yeah, we're doing a lot of stupid shit, but at the same time some of us are trying to fix it. if there's two different sides to the effects we're having on the planet and other species, we couldn't possibly consider ourselves as such. i've never heard of a plague that killed our race and helped it at the same time.

DOn't take it literally, we are smart enough to realize that we will perish if we continue to plague this planet. But I think whatever we have done to preserve it is tiny compared to what we have done it destry it.

well, hopefully this whole "going green" thing is a realization that we WILL destroy this planet if we don't change our ways. and yeah, i agree with you 100% when you say we've done more harm than good.

but at the same time i still don't consider us to be a virus or "plague". we have the ability to correct and change our ways, unlike any other virus that exists.
25.10.2007 - 17:51
villain
Written by Dane Train on 24.10.2007 at 21:07

Two quick points.

First: I have thought plenty about it. These sorts of issues are what I deal with in my career. So just because I may disagree with you does not mean I have not thought about it.

again, think becasue I don't think you are.
Oh well,
I said don't take it literally. Just get the idea of human race plaguing the planet. A lot of people who should have been dead are living becasue of medical sciences. Don't you think it is a reason for population increase along with the high birth rate ? THen, what happens when population increases ?
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
28.10.2007 - 03:14
b0000mst1ck
Written by villain on 25.10.2007 at 17:51

Two quick points.

again, think becasue I don't think you are.
Oh well,
I said don't take it literally. Just get the idea of human race plaguing the planet. A lot of people who should have been dead are living becasue of medical sciences. Don't you think it is a reason for population increase along with the high birth rate ? THen, what happens when population increases ?

ecumenopolis (a continuous worlwide city) will happen. but you're talking hundreds of years into the future.
07.11.2007 - 19:33
Carrion
Account deleted
We had some serious dramacy today.. An 18-year-old guy in Tuusula (somewhere near Helsinki) went to his old middle school and started shooting. When the police arrived, the guy had already taken the principal as a hostage and couple people were dead. Somewhere around 17 o'clock I heard that the principal was now dead too, and the man was still holding hostages. Yesterday he posted a video in Youtube where he said the things he was going to do today.. He also mentioned that he is a big fan of Stalin and Hitler.

EDIT: The man is now captured and lies in hospital. He got a critical headinjury from a bullet.

So I guess my question is, why do people do such things?
08.11.2007 - 09:41
Fuath
Written by [user id=13894] on 07.11.2007 at 19:33

We had some serious dramacy today.. An 18-year-old guy in Tuusula (somewhere near Helsinki) went to his old middle school and started shooting. When the police arrived, the guy had already taken the principal as a hostage and couple people were dead. Somewhere around 17 o'clock I heard that the principal was now dead too, and the man was still holding hostages. Yesterday he posted a video in Youtube where he said the things he was going to do today.. He also mentioned that he is a big fan of Stalin and Hitler.

EDIT: The man is now captured and lies in hospital. He got a critical headinjury from a bullet.

well, i think it all comes down to the person, he might have a mental disorder, or bad experiences with the school, but in the end, it is still stupid to do all that shit
we should not judge the rest of the human race on this one incident though, or on a couple of people
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

08.11.2007 - 10:09
Too many fail.
I love the fact how the media has to include the description " he was wearing black clothes" when describing his apple shooting video. Why is it that they always have to mention the fucking black clothes who gives a shit. Anyhow I can understand the guys frustration and dislike for the bulk of humanity as most people are idiots, but highschool shootings are a pathetic way to settle your frustrations, deal with the world like the rest of us.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
08.11.2007 - 11:37
b0000mst1ck
i bet he plays first-person shooters while listening to marilyn manson.
08.11.2007 - 11:51
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by [user id=13894] on 07.11.2007 at 19:33

The thing died. And, weird thing, he liked Hitler AND Stalin. It's as if he listened to reggae while being a member of a White Power organization. Git. And why do people do it? Ask the Columbine people, they'll know. Serious, now, every now and then someone snaps. All that stuff in the USA, then the Hungerford massacre in the UK, and they always say it was a quiet boy from the neighbourhood who went berserk, cause unknown. BUT, a quiet boy who's into guns and has a bit abnormal relationship with his mother (Hungerford). The problem is, some people are born nutters, and it depends on many different things whether they'll snap or not. Many will say I'm wrong, but all those massacres could've been prevented if someone said: Hey, kid, no more sugar for you, if you know what I mean. Bottom line is, it's in some people's nature, psychopatic brain and other stuff.
----
08.11.2007 - 11:51
Opium
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.11.2007 at 11:37

Don't they all do that (or similar)?

It wouldn't surprise me the least, in this person's case, to be honest
08.11.2007 - 12:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Øyvind on 08.11.2007 at 11:51

The thing died. And, weird thing, he liked Hitler AND Stalin. It's as if he listened to reggae while being a member of a White Power organization. Git.

Not so weird at all. He was a misanthrope and Hitler and Stalin both killed an immense amount of people.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.11.2007 - 12:13
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by Lucas on 08.11.2007 at 12:06

Not so weird at all. He was a misanthrope and Hitler and Stalin both killed an immense amount of people.

True, but they killed in the name of different things, and using different methods. I reckon he didn't like the dictators and their ideology, just their killing. Which says a lot.
----
08.11.2007 - 12:54
b0000mst1ck
Written by [user id=12867] on 08.11.2007 at 11:51

Don't they all do that (or similar)?

It wouldn't surprise me the least, in this person's case, to be honest

yeah, everytime something like that happens in the states the whole "video games/shock rock" topic comes up. it's pathetic, really. if that were true i'm sure there'd be a LOT more shootings.
08.11.2007 - 21:12
Too many fail.

He actually predicted the media going for that retarded shit again and explicitly stated in his suicide not not to blame any media or his relatives and friends for what he did. He claimed full personal responsbility. Surely some stupid shit will come up though...
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
08.11.2007 - 23:55
b0000mst1ck
Written by Too many fail. on 08.11.2007 at 21:12

He actually predicted the media going for that retarded shit again and explicitly stated in his suicide not not to blame any media or his relatives and friends for what he did. He claimed full personal responsbility. Surely some stupid shit will come up though...

i'm sure. i bet the police find a controversial book or something along that line that millions of people own and use that as an excuse to why he did it. they always do.
09.11.2007 - 00:00
Too many fail.
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.11.2007 at 23:55

i'm sure. i bet the police find a controversial book or something along that line that millions of people own and use that as an excuse to why he did it. they always do.

While im sure some evening talk shows with middle aged women bored with their lives will find some bullshit from the case and use it to criticize the moral depravity of modern entertainment, i dont think it will go much further than that. Remember that this did not hapen in America There will probably be some fuzz caused over the antidepressants he was taking, the columbine kids were apparently on the same medication and it allegedly causes violent behaviour, the med companys money will surely find its way into the right pockets before anything drastic happens though
----
- Bill Hicks
09.11.2007 - 00:19
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I strongly disagree with such violent acts, but I think that the boy wasnt crazy. It doesnt mean that everyone who killed someone has some mental disability. OK, what he believed to, probably isnt right, but that doesnt mean he was crazy. Its more like, some people would feel guilty, others wont, and the question, is it worth to give your life for such a thing. Many of us are surrounded with idiots every day, but not all of would do something that radical...

Anyway, I feel sorry for the innocent victims, and their families, thats the biggest shit in the whole story...
----
09.11.2007 - 00:25
Sunioj
The twat also shot kids that no connection to him in any way. Kids from younger grades too....
09.11.2007 - 01:51
b0000mst1ck
Written by Too many fail. on 09.11.2007 at 00:00

Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.11.2007 at 23:55

While im sure some evening talk shows with middle aged women bored with their lives will find some bullshit from the case and use it to criticize the moral depravity of modern entertainment, i dont think it will go much further than that. Remember that this did not hapen in America There will probably be some fuzz caused over the antidepressants he was taking, the columbine kids were apparently on the same medication and it allegedly causes violent behaviour, the med companys money will surely find its way into the right pockets before anything drastic happens though

yeah, good point. i don't know enough about how the media in that country to continue this discussion, but i can say that it's tragic no matter the circumstances. it always is...:-[
09.11.2007 - 21:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite

There will probably be some fuzz caused over the antidepressants he was taking, the columbine kids were apparently on the same medication and it allegedly causes violent behaviour, the med companys money will surely find its way into the right pockets before anything drastic happens though

From what I know about anti-depressants, they only cause violent behaviour in the first couple of weeks.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.11.2007 - 01:23
b0000mst1ck
Written by Lucas on 09.11.2007 at 21:11

There will probably be some fuzz caused over the antidepressants he was taking, the columbine kids were apparently on the same medication and it allegedly causes violent behaviour, the med companys money will surely find its way into the right pockets before anything drastic happens though

From what I know about anti-depressants, they only cause violent behaviour in the first couple of weeks.

with some people anti-depressants can cause repetitive violent behavior over the course of years, sometimes frequent, sometimes not. it just depends on the person, their condition, and the medication/amount they're taking.
02.01.2008 - 14:50
Paganblood
The Aryaputra

To express my opinion in short, 'people who are ill destroy the earth by living longer' by utilizing those resources to survive, which could have produced a 100 healthy(mentally/physically) people. And those ill people, even after surviving will be nothing but a burden to the world, but if such healthy people were to be produced, they'd certainly be able to think creatively/broadly, and hopefully would learn to live in harmony with nature.
when I say 'ill' I refer to those who are always ill and can do nothing more than crying in pain, and not to those people who fall ill although not frequently.

Also, if we look through the eyes of a human, we may see nothing wrong with human activities, but if we see through the eyes of an animal, we may be viruses. Of course many people live close to nature and do their best to conserve it(and such people deserve respect), but as we say in vector 'the resultant is inclined towards the greater force if two forces act on a body', the 'resultant' of human activities is inclined towards 'sickening' nature. Man can not defeat nature, or the universe nor do any harm to it, but man will get disintegrate into the elements if he does not live in harmony with nature.

but again I do not think that it is necessary to give ourselves a headache thinking what humans have done.. Nature knows when the end of any particular thing has to come, time will destroy earth, sun and the life it supported and new life will arise in some other part of universe... that's my opinion.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
06.01.2008 - 07:13
villain
Thanks for the explanation
Pollution caused by Humans started in the Paleolithic age when humans started using fire. The level of pollution had been slowly increasing till the industrial boom which opened the floodgates. Human race, with all its acheivement, seems to have forgotten its roots - we are dependent upon this earthand without it we wouldnt exist. . Even if we find a way to inhabit other planets, no other planet will be as beautiful and hospitable as the earth.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
07.01.2008 - 12:35
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by villain on 06.01.2008 at 07:13

Thanks for the explanation
Pollution caused by Humans started in the Paleolithic age when humans started using fire. The level of pollution had been slowly increasing till the industrial boom which opened the floodgates. Human race, with all its acheivement, seems to have forgotten its roots - we are dependent upon this earthand without it we wouldnt exist. . Even if we find a way to inhabit other planets, no other planet will be as beautiful and hospitable as the earth.

Yes, the artificial world we live in.. this city kathmandu is hell.. this week I dreamt twice, roaming around alone in the hilly and mountainous landscapes... there my heart lies..
moreover when I look at the filthy politics of our country I realize that all this nonsense is being done to save the weak! don't you think so? because those fucked up janajaatis and 'marginalized ones' would have progressed a 1000 years back if they had any potentiality, don't you think? It makes me sad and angry to see our own national flag being burned by them proudly in our own land.. Its relation to this thread is that nowadays most problem(esp. here) are arising just because of the weak.
EDIT: to add something more to 'weak people destroy......', thought is transmitted in form of waves(subtler than the electromagnetic waves) and aura is created around each person according to their thought, so the aura around the weak tends to weaken other people as well... just as you feel happy while sitting with people who are happy and depressed while with the depressed ones..
----
that which shines without names and forms...
22.01.2008 - 06:33
villain
haha
HUman race is set to destroy the earth by fighting within itself. THe diversity within human race is a curse for small nations. And when there is diversity, there is inequality and people try to eliminate these inequalities which leads to chaos. I think we ought to realize the difference between communities and instead of trying to achieve this multicultural bullcrap, must try to develope a community based on its characteristics. I don't get the point of artificially creating 'equality' when people are naturally unequal and different.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
24.04.2008 - 10:37
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Well, think when maybe 1% of all the people on thwe world would be a hitler or a stalin. Under the right circumstances this could become quite disastrous wouldn't it?
24.08.2008 - 04:28
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
the world is destroying itself one day at a time.