Metal Storm logo
Venom

Original post

Posted by GoldenerSchnitt, 17.05.2006 - 04:22
I thought I would open this topic again
Great band, with great albums such as Black Metal and Welcome to hell the music on them is simple but very good
And I did mangage to listen to Metal Black like a lot of people said it wasn't that good it was alright though
07.07.2008 - 00:44
totaliteraliter
Written by Doc G. on 23.06.2008 at 03:08

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2008 at 15:17

Southern Rock exists but southern metal doesn't unless it is some sort of new genre tag which has all of a sudden popped up because some numbwit added it to wikipedia. And knowing that most of the wikipedia entries on metal are too far from the truth to be taken seriously I doubt the term actually exists outside of forums.

Agreed. Ridiculous break-downs of genres is incredibly pointless. I remember a few years ago I started hearing the term "Bodom Metal" used in serious contexts just because a few knock-off bands started playing COB style. Its getting out of hand.

Southern rock + metal = Southern metal. Usually refers to bands actually from the South from what I've heard. I've heard the whole Down/SJR/COC scene referred to as such for years now. I think it would do some people good if they calmed down and recognized genre tags as descriptive terms rather than precise and mutually exclusive categories, especially in casual conversation.
16.07.2008 - 14:32
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ok, theres one thing i wanna say bout Venom. I really like them.

Yes the music is simple... but, OMG ! Tha godfathers of black metal with Celtic, Hellhammer and Bathroy. So we can't deny their talent.

First of all. Black Metal. probly their best album especially for songs like ''Black Metal'' ''Buried Alive'' ''Raise the Dead'' and obviously the one we can find on the following album ''At war with Satan''. All classics to me.

Their Debut album was also really good... for epic moments like ''In League with Satan'' and ''Witching Hours''.

Well.. Venom is a really good band.. and everyone should have Black Metal in their Album collection seriously
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
01.08.2008 - 06:20
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I got me a Venom shirt while in Greece!
lol and while in the U.S. one Jewish salesman mistaked the pentagram on my shirt for the star of david , I just went with it.
02.08.2008 - 00:58
Metal_Militia
Written by Guib on 16.07.2008 at 14:32

Ok, theres one thing i wanna say bout Venom. I really like them.

Yes the music is simple... but, OMG ! Tha godfathers of black metal with Celtic, Hellhammer and Bathroy. So we can't deny their talent.

First of all. Black Metal. probly their best album especially for songs like ''Black Metal'' ''Buried Alive'' ''Raise the Dead'' and obviously the one we can find on the following album ''At war with Satan''. All classics to me.

Their Debut album was also really good... for epic moments like ''In League with Satan'' and ''Witching Hours''.

Well.. Venom is a really good band.. and everyone should have Black Metal in their Album collection seriously

//Exactly. I think that if you were to ask The Count, the early Mayhem members, Emperor etc what bands influenced you to make the music you make and live the way you live, just about every one would mention Venom. Truly black metal pioneers. Without them we might not have bands like Darkthrone, Emperor, Mayhem, Burzum, Satyricon, Nargaroth, Sorgsvart etc//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

10.09.2008 - 06:35
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Hell actually surprised me in a positive way. Of course there's a lot of filler garbage but also some extremely competent tracks, especially the opening one, and that wasn't something I really expected. I had thought of burning a compilation with my favourite tracks from the post-"At War With Satan" era, I really think something valuable would come out of it.
27.09.2008 - 18:27
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by [user id=5080] on 10.09.2008 at 06:35

Hell actually surprised me in a positive way. Of course there's a lot of filler garbage but also some extremely competent tracks, especially the opening one, and that wasn't something I really expected. I had thought of burning a compilation with my favourite tracks from the post-"At War With Satan" era, I really think something valuable would come out of it.

Well im glad you think so
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.09.2008 - 21:30
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
I dont like Venom he is to annoying. I can't listen to him. One of the Worst Black metalband.
Where is the growl?
What is good about him?
What make him better than Mayhem, Dark Funeral, Gorgoroth and Immortal?
27.09.2008 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=35066] on 27.09.2008 at 21:30

I dont like Venom he is to annoying. I can't listen to him. One of the Worst Black metalband.
Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

Its not black metal and IT not HE
Its speed?heavy metal band also lil thrash
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2008 - 01:16
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2008 at 23:31

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

Its Black Thrash Metal.
All is better than Venom.
28.09.2008 - 02:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=35066] on 28.09.2008 at 01:16

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

Its Black Thrash Metal.

Its all about aggression, they probably achieve that better than almost any band around back then just through the rawness and pounding out straight forward riffs. Venom are dubbed as Black Metal because they are the ones who came up with the term, if your trying to find Mayhem or Immortal of course your going to be disappointed. Venom were one of (if not thee) first of their kind, the pioneers are never going to be as well rounded as the descendants so to speak. But like I said, they had one of the most aggressive sounds and were ahead of their time. I'm not saying you have to like Venom, but there should be some understanding of their importance rather than coming in here and spewing childish ignorant comments with no real purpose.

Wheres the growls in Dragonforce? Nevermind that, wheres 2 seconds where there isn't complete computer tweaked wankery?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.09.2008 - 03:58
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 28.09.2008 at 02:36

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

Its Black Thrash Metal.

Its all about aggression, they probably achieve that better than almost any band around back then just through the rawness and pounding out straight forward riffs. Venom are dubbed as Black Metal because they are the ones who came up with the term, if your trying to find Mayhem or Immortal of course your going to be disappointed. Venom were one of (if not thee) first of their kind, the pioneers are never going to be as well rounded as the descendants so to speak. But like I said, they had one of the most aggressive sounds and were ahead of their time. I'm not saying you have to like Venom, but there should be some understanding of their importance rather than coming in here and spewing childish ignorant comments with no real purpose.

Wheres the growls in Dragonforce? Nevermind that, wheres 2 seconds where there isn't complete computer tweaked wankery?

Dragonforce is Power Metal thats different.

But Venom should only be Thrashmetal. I listen to Slayer everyday over Venom.
Venom is BM wannabe. I like theirs personality, but not theirs music.
28.09.2008 - 04:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=35066] on 28.09.2008 at 03:58

Lol, the fact that your using genre definition as an argument against music is just....how old are you?

Secondly, they created the fucking term black metal, and it has changed a lot since they first used it, so how is that wannabe?. Its also first wave of black metal, which is not going to sound like the black metal your thinking of.
----
- George Carlin
28.09.2008 - 18:16
Damnated
Churchburner

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

you just registered, but you already write like a veteran. welcome to metalstorm.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
30.09.2008 - 00:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Damnated on 28.09.2008 at 18:16

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

you just registered, but you already write like a veteran. welcome to metalstorm.

At the risk of provoking another epic argument like the great Mayhem battle of '07, whats so bad about Venom? I mean, their new stuff is definitely lacking that certain charm they had in the first 2 albums, but "Welcome To Hell" and "Black Metal" were pretty enjoyable, definitely not your thinking-mans metal, but still fun in that "Lets get drunk and beat each other up" sort of mentality.

....Unless your being sarcastic in which case ignore all the previous text.
----
- George Carlin
30.09.2008 - 01:07
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 30.09.2008 at 00:43

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

At the risk of provoking another epic argument like the great Mayhem battle of '07, whats so bad about Venom? I mean, their new stuff is definitely lacking that certain charm they had in the first 2 albums, but "Welcome To Hell" and "Black Metal" were pretty enjoyable, definitely not your thinking-mans metal, but still fun in that "Lets get drunk and beat each other up" sort of mentality.

----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
30.09.2008 - 01:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Damnated on 30.09.2008 at 01:07

Written by Doc G. on 30.09.2008 at 00:43

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

Lol, fantastic picture. Yeah objectively Venom do suck technically speaking, but theres that dumb enjoyment from them, hence the "Lets get drunk and beat each other up" sort of mentality. If one is looking for a lot of technical skill of course they are going to hate Venom, they are the Ramones of metal. But people like myself whose main choice of sub-genre is straight forward heavy metal generally aren't too worried about virtuosity.
----
- George Carlin
30.09.2008 - 01:33
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 30.09.2008 at 01:20

Lol, fantastic picture. Yeah objectively Venom do suck technically speaking, but theres that dumb enjoyment from them, hence the "Lets get drunk and beat each other up" sort of mentality. If one is looking for a lot of technical skill of course they are going to hate Venom, they are the Ramones of metal. But people like myself whose main choice of sub-genre is straight forward heavy metal generally aren't too worried about virtuosity.

okay, let me say it nice and slow.

the first post was sarcastic. it wasn't even sharp. meaning it's fairly obvious that i'm meaning the opposite of what i'm saying. the second post was a lol at your expense for not having the skill to detect lousy sarcasm. is everything clear now?
----

30.09.2008 - 01:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Damnated on 30.09.2008 at 01:33

Written by Doc G. on 30.09.2008 at 01:20

okay, let me say it nice and slow.

the first post was sarcastic. it wasn't even sharp. meaning it's fairly obvious that i'm meaning the opposite of what i'm saying. the second post was a lol at your expense for not having the skill to detect lousy sarcasm. is everything clear now?

Very clear, I have an incapability to read any sarcasm in text....unless its stupidly obvious, like saying "Abba are great death metal". Now I just feel dumb hahaha.
----
- George Carlin
27.10.2008 - 18:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sb46VD5CmA&feature=related

by far one of the most kickass live vids i've ever seen
06.11.2008 - 21:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Man i just fucking love how few brain cells you need to activate in order to enjoy these guys's music
20.11.2008 - 22:47
Metalbound7
Welcome to Hell!

20.11.2008 - 23:01
Metalbound7

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

Its Black Thrash Metal.

Dude, look... How the Fuck they would be Black Metal Wannabes! they created Black Metal! thanks to them there are bands like Septic Flesh or Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem or any kind of Black Metal.

Maybe you are just getting into extreme Metal what is great but you can't come saying that Venom are Black Metal wannabes. It's like saying that Black Sabbath are Heavy Metal wannabes.

anyway welcome to Metalstorm here you will learn a lot more than playing Guitarhero.
Stay Metal bro
21.11.2008 - 21:14
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Written by Metalbound7 on 20.11.2008 at 23:01

Where is the growl?
What is good about him?

Its Black Thrash Metal.

Dude, look... How the Fuck they would be Black Metal Wannabes! they created Black Metal! thanks to them there are bands like Septic Flesh or Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem or any kind of Black Metal.

Maybe you are just getting into extreme Metal what is great but you can't come saying that Venom are Black Metal wannabes. It's like saying that Black Sabbath are Heavy Metal wannabes.

anyway welcome to Metalstorm here you will learn a lot more than playing Guitarhero.
Stay Metal bro

BTW Frets on Fire i playing not GH i think they sucks better on computer and i like it as a music games but i prefer music besides it.
I love Metal and i have learned to listen toall kind of Metal without NüMetal besides Disturbed.
21.11.2008 - 21:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=35066] on 21.11.2008 at 21:14

BTW Frets on Fire i playing not GH i think they sucks better on computer and i like it as a music games but i prefer music besides it.
I love Metal and i have learned to listen toall kind of Metal without NüMetal besides Disturbed.

Lol. I really dont get how Dragonforce is any less shameful than any nu metal band. Nor did you answer Metalbounds question, how are Venom wannabes if they helped create the genre? A coherent answer would be greatly appreciated.
----
- George Carlin
21.11.2008 - 21:33
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 21.11.2008 at 21:27

Lol. I really dont get how Dragonforce is any less shameful than any nu metal band. Nor did you answer Metalbounds question, how are Venom wannabes if they helped create the genre? A coherent answer would be greatly appreciated.

I dont find a answer.
And Dragonforce is Speed Metal
21.11.2008 - 22:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=35066] on 21.11.2008 at 21:33

I dont find a answer.

LOL. Their genre definition makes them more legitimate. Theres a dead giveaway this argument will be pointless.
----
- George Carlin
22.11.2008 - 02:05
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 21.11.2008 at 22:12

Written by [user id=35066] on 21.11.2008 at 21:33

I dont find a answer.

LOL. Their genre definition makes them more legitimate. Theres a dead giveaway this argument will be pointless.

Why must so many hate Dragonforce they do good music i dont understand. There are better music Dragonforce is awsume. All dont think as me, but they are one of my favoriteband and the best speed metal band with Helloween. They isn't Power Metal they dont sing serious like Rhapsody and they other epic Metal.
Dragonforce has little more public that are lesser nerd maybe. I dont take Dragonforce music serious that would be pointless i like the unseriousness. They are funny.
17.06.2009 - 09:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I quite like what they did with the recent live shows, opening with black metal and welcome to hell, i think it's because so all the people who were there just expecting a huge drunken mosh and those 2 songs(and not being real fans) could just GTFO.
17.06.2009 - 18:32
Got Mayhem?
Obviously an important band to the BM genre. I'll listen to old releases every once in awhile but what I can really say that impresses me is that they have kinda kept with their roots musically (I think)
----
29.07.2009 - 22:54
thrasher_93
Ok...there are some great songs of venom that i like to listen to like: Black Metal, Countess Bathory, To Hell and Back, Welcome to Hell, The Power And The Glory, Nightmare and Straight To Hell which is one of my favorite songs right now...but still they released 14 albums I think...so I can't say that they haven't got some great songs but I cant say that they are the best