Metal Storm logo
Supranatural

Original post

Posted by Bulus, 07.02.2008 - 15:32
Do you have experience in supranatural thing, such a ghost or something else that can't be explained? or maybe you have a story about this kind of thing? would you tell me what story you have in this area?
20.11.2008 - 21:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by [user id=160] on 17.04.2008 at 02:06

I find the supernatural to be highly rediculous

wait.. how does this "harmonise" with your buddhist beliefs? or you were sarcastic?
22.11.2008 - 00:46
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I think supernatural things are real but I don't believe in random ghouls just floating around saying "BOOO"

A theory I like is one that has to do with peoples energy's and how when they die they will leave a footprint in the physical world which allows strange things to happen. Here's an example. My friends dad lived in Norway when he was younger and every morning he anyone who looked out there kitchen window would see a man in a suit walking up the road next to their house and he would say "good morning" and keep walking. They would always answer back but he wouldn't say anything.
A few times they went outside when they saw him coming and he wasn't there. Maybe in another time that man walked up that road everyday and said "good morning" to the old person who lived in that house. Maybe when he died his energy's left a mark on that spot because he was there so much.... its kind of cool to think about.
----
Coldgrits
22.11.2008 - 00:51
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 20.11.2008 at 21:44

Written by [user id=160] on 17.04.2008 at 02:06

I find the supernatural to be highly rediculous

wait.. how does this "harmonise" with your buddhist beliefs? or you were sarcastic?

I'm aware that in some cultures, the supernatural ahs been entwined in Buddhism, but in terms of what The Buddha taught, THAT IS NOT TRUE BUDDHISM! Ghosts, Spirits, Superstition....why?? Buddha taught not to live by faith but by conviction! The Mahayana denomination teaches such supernatural things and even pay homage to OTHER Buddhas, but it's inaccurate to THE Buddha's teachings. I follow the Theravada path/denomination, it's more realistic.....and more traditional/old school.

P.S. and reincarnation doesn't count as supernatural because there have been incidents to suggest it's existance.
22.11.2008 - 19:04
belisarius
Quote:
P.S. and reincarnation doesn't count as supernatural because there have been incidents to suggest it's existance.

those incidents are mostly dubious anecdotes from india or other countries where the people already believe in reincarnation. people see what they want to see. if reincarnation is then plausible, then f.e. telepathy is too, because telepathy in twins seems to be quite possible.
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
26.11.2008 - 09:28
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i was really sceptical about the subject until weird things happened to me...even though i think there's alot of fake stuff and liars, i started to believe thanx to a few events that i couldn't explain...maybe there's some kind of weird energy, idk there's alot of unknown things...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
26.11.2008 - 15:15
Hyvaarin
Written by [user id=160] on 22.11.2008 at 00:51

For instance?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.11.2008 - 22:50
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by nana.MD on 26.11.2008 at 09:28

...i was really sceptical about the subject until weird things happened to me...even though i think there's alot of fake stuff and liars, i started to believe thanx to a few events that i couldn't explain...maybe there's some kind of weird energy, idk there's alot of unknown things...

What happened for you to change ur opinion? Can u talk about it?

I myself haven't experienced any supernatural stuff.. It happened some things many years ago in my house but I've found logical explanations some years later. Although it happen something with my mother, but I'm sceptical about it, and I believe human brain is a very powerful thing that can make us believe in some things that are really not there. I dunno, it's a complicated subject.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
27.11.2008 - 03:44
Gigginova
Account deleted
Evidence to suggest it existance are incidents in the U.S. where kids remembered past lives, and it wasn't just their imagination, they were able to give detailed information way beyond their years and even mention certain names.

but to me, "one life" makes little sense to me, it doesn't explain the existance of suffering and why the unexplainable happens to us, it was common for people in olden days to believe in it, but then the Catholic Church played a role in minimising the belief (because it was a 'threat' to Catholicism). Many people in the west only don't believe it because of being brought up not to. It's linked to science as well.