Metal Storm logo
Benighted vs. Aborted

Poll

Two rising brutal DM acts, which one do you prefer ?

Benighted
Aborted

Total votes: 52
05.06.2008 - 01:19
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Two european brutal dm bands that have some similarities, for instance they are both brutal while being able to put in some melodic passages in their music. The question is who do you think is better between these two at doing it, which band interests you more and why ?

I'll put my vote in for Benighted because their album Icon was groundbreaking. They offer intense music while maintaining a groove very often, which in my opinion Aborted is a little less better at doing so, but still quite good.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
05.06.2008 - 01:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Benighted for sure! Aborted is awesome and mostly has good albums, but Benighted has Identisick, which is better than any album in Aborted's discography. Also from what I've seen online, Benighted is way better live.
05.06.2008 - 01:36
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Yeah Benighted live is apparently quite something, another plus there. And i agree, Identisick and Icon out do any of Aborted's discography which aren't bad, just not as good.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
05.06.2008 - 01:58
Herzebeth
I despise Aborted now, they released so many sucky things that made me hate their guts...

I don't love Benighted either...but I guess they do their part, so my vote goes to them
----
05.06.2008 - 02:09
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Herzebeth on 05.06.2008 at 01:58

I despise Aborted now, they released so many sucky things that made me hate their guts...

I don't love Benighted either...but I guess they do their part, so my vote goes to them

Bah i would'nt say Aborted's stuff is that bad, from what i've heard from their upcoming album, sounds promising. the cover is pretty damn awesome, also.
----
05.06.2008 - 02:16
Herzebeth
Written by Visioneerie on 05.06.2008 at 02:09

Bah i would'nt say Aborted's stuff is that bad, from what i've heard from their upcoming album, sounds promising. the cover is pretty damn awesome, also.

I just wrote a review on it, uhm...it really stinks...

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=5587

in case you wanted to read it or something, I can't really believe someone likes later Aborted albums...
----
05.06.2008 - 02:25
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Herzebeth on 05.06.2008 at 02:16

Written by Visioneerie on 05.06.2008 at 02:09

I just wrote a review on it, uhm...it really stinks...

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=5587

in case you wanted to read it or something, I can't really believe someone likes later Aborted albums...

Shit, might as well listen to the whole album before judging. but i have trouble believing it's that horrible, i actually don't mind Aborted, they can sound good to me at sometimes, i just don't listen to them that often.
----
05.06.2008 - 10:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ex cus eme but Benighted are SWEDISH BM band werry good, interesting and awsome, where you find DM?

Aborted neverhad liked this Belgian band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.06.2008 - 10:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 05.06.2008 at 10:49

Ex cus eme but Benighted are SWEDISH BM band werry good, interesting and awsome, where you find DM?

This Benighted is a FRENCH death metal band and much better and more well-known than the Swedish black metal band.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.06.2008 - 10:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.06.2008 at 10:56

This Benighted is a FRENCH death metal band and much better and more well-known than the Swedish black metal band.

I never hear about French band but I us eto have boath demos from Swe BM band, thay was awsome, but they left in my old PC RIP do eery time when I hera Benighted I think about BM from Swe
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.06.2008 - 12:25
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Bad English on 05.06.2008 at 10:57

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.06.2008 at 10:56

I never hear about French band but I us eto have boath demos from Swe BM band, thay was awsome, but they left in my old PC RIP do eery time when I hera Benighted I think about BM from Swe

are you kidding. they are one of the best brutal death metal bands right now... they're a real extreme band. which i enjoy them so much. just listen to ICP, Identisick and Icon then you will forget the Swedish one completely...
05.06.2008 - 12:43
Abattoir
Staff
Yea, Benighted are amazing...although Aborted isn't bad band either, but behind them. Benitghted have released great albums, one of is their latest album Icon, which I like it the most...
05.06.2008 - 12:57
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Visioneerie on 05.06.2008 at 01:36

Yeah Benighted live is apparently quite something,

My whole body still hurts six months after their show Can't wait to see how well they do in a festival environment (@ Hellfest)

As for the topic, I've never liked Aborted (they used to be average, now they're just plain bad, plus they suck live) and Benighted's one of my favourite DM bands, so I guess the vote is easy
05.06.2008 - 13:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 05.06.2008 at 12:57

My whole body still hurts six months after their show Can't wait to see how well they do in a festival environment (@ Hellfest)

I know what you mean. I am still recovering of seeing them in Houten early April
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.06.2008 - 13:03
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I'll go to Benighted, Identisick is an hell of a album!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
05.06.2008 - 14:48
Baz Anderson
Staff
These are two of my favourite brutal death metal bands at the moment - both Benighted and Aborted are really great bands!!!
Saw Aborted at Hellfest last year, and I am about to see Benighted at Hellfest this year..
Benighted have their first two albums that aren't really all that great at all, but Aborted also have a couple of not-as-full-on brutal death metal albums..

My vote goes to Benighted though, their last two albums were simply amazing, "ICP" is a great album also!
I reviewed "Icon" a while back as well, so my full opinion is in there
05.06.2008 - 15:02
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Deadsoulman on 05.06.2008 at 12:57

My whole body still hurts six months after their show

Wow, that's a crazy show, 6 months, these guys know how to hit it live, hope they come to Montreal someday.
----
05.06.2008 - 15:32
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Visioneerie on 05.06.2008 at 15:02

Wow, that's a crazy show, 6 months, these guys know how to hit it live, hope they come to Montreal someday.

And I hope they come to Portugal as well!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
05.06.2008 - 23:34
Baz Anderson
Staff
I am wondering how they will be at Hellfest.. I mean they are surely more intense in a small club..
at a festival it might get a little lost over the distance you are from them - still, it will be a long long time before they ever come to England, if they ever do, so I am going to make sure I enjoy it as much as I can!
06.06.2008 - 12:53
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Baz Anderson on 05.06.2008 at 23:34

I am wondering how they will be at Hellfest.. I mean they are surely more intense in a small club..
at a festival it might get a little lost over the distance you are from them - still, it will be a long long time before they ever come to England, if they ever do, so I am going to make sure I enjoy it as much as I can!

enjoy instead of me too... ( )
08.08.2008 - 02:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=28338] on 08.08.2008 at 01:07

I prefer Aborted because is multidimensional band!!!!!

I don't see how Aborted is more multidimensional than Benighted. For the most part, Aborted's albums are in the same style, but Benighted lets their influences show through the music, making them much more dynamic.
06.12.2008 - 06:24
Agrievance
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 05.06.2008 at 14:48

Benighted have their first two albums that aren't really all that great at all, but Aborted also have a couple of not-as-full-on brutal death metal albums..

Whaaaat? Their first cd is probly my favorite. Yeah, the other, later albums are more tech, heavy, faster, but there are soo many good, black tracks. The first four to be exact. The diabolical reign, werewolf's nightmare, last part of humanity?! nocturne. To each's own i suppose. I love all their cds. Aborted is good, but cant touch BE
06.12.2008 - 17:31
Stigmatized
Benighted all the way. I've always seen Aborted as a below average band, though they are enjoyable at times. Benighted has a great sound and they throw me off sometimes with the things they do with their music.
21.12.2008 - 22:01
LebRuins
Account deleted
Benighted all the way there 2 last albums are Flawless, Aborted's Last albums are just mediocre there older stuff aren't too bad but not near as good as Benighted.
26.02.2009 - 17:02
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
I prefere Benighted, their performance live are amazing, Aborted are great but no as Benighted. The singer is monstrous ! I had the opportunity to see Recueil Morbide with one song done by Julien of Benighted. A moment I'll not forgot, that was unbelievable! The French scene goes increasing more and more, with Kronos, RM and other great names, I can only be happy!
01.03.2009 - 01:07
ForeverDarkWoods
Benighted is just so god damn awesome. It's one of the best bands in the fucking genre, and I'm going with Benighted all the fucking way. Pretty much everything they've done is flawless.

They sure know how to play brutal dm, while Aborted is kinda meh.

They're up there with the other gods of the genre such as Skinless, Disgorge, Prostitute Disfigurement and Suffocation.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
14.03.2009 - 19:15
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by AyΣm on 26.02.2009 at 17:02

The French scene goes increasing more and more, with Kronos, RM and other great names, I can only be happy!

Yeah i agree with you here, at first i thought France wouldn't have anything to offer death metal wise.. and now i discovered bands like Benighted, Kronos, Pitbulls in the Nursery and Gorod, i was slapped in the face.
----
16.03.2009 - 20:57
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
They're amazing, aren't they ?
Listen to Recueil Morbide and not so known, they're monstrous, I saw them a few months ago, as you said it was for me a slap in my face too!
23.04.2009 - 10:55
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
I finally saw Benighted, and they were playing with Aborted, I'm able to compare now... Benighted are really enormous, amazing... no word to explain what I saw!
02.07.2009 - 05:28
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Haha this turned out to be a very one sided battle and looking back at it, i still think Benighted is a far superior band. Their perfect mixture of brutality and groove makes for some quality eye jittering music. I love the re-issue of ICP which in my opinion is better than Identisick.
----