Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Reveal New Album Details

Original news, posted on 16.01.2009

Nuclear Blast have posted following news on their website:

"Swiss pagan metal horde Eluveitie just revealed the release date of their long announced folk / acoustic album "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion". The record will feature guest appearances by Oliver S. Tyr of Faun and Alan A. Nemtheanga of Primordial among others. The album will contain 15 folk songs, mostly written in ancient gaulish language will be unleashed on April 10th 2009 via Nuclear Blast."

Updated (on 20.01.2009, thanks to S.K.Ø.M)

Swiss metallers Eluveitie just revealed the cover artwork of their upcoming new album, entitle "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion".

Mainman Chrigel Glanzmann states: "As "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion" is a concept album setting pure gaulish mythology into music, we also wanted to be the artwork in the same line. Kernunnos is one of the most important and central characters in celtic mythology. So we conceived a topical portrayal of that figure, representing as the ancient mythological content of "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion" as well as it's musical character."

UPDATE (thanks to WinterChild)

Eluveitie just revealed the tracklist as well as the guest features included on their upcoming acoustic/folk album "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion". Mainman Chrigel Glanzmann states: "The tracks on "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion" take you on a journey through ancient gaulish mythology, a journey deep into the celtic soul. You'll pass diverse instrumental tracks, setting mythological topics into music, as well as songs, which are exclusively sung in ancient gaulish language. Most lyrics are 1600 - 2100 years old. We're proud and happy we have some illustrious and excellent guests musicians on this album: Fredy Schnyder from Nucleus Torn playing the hammered dulcimer on two tracks, Oli S. Tyr from the german medieval folkers Faun contributing the magical sounds of the long-necked lute on the title track. Furthermore Alan Nemtheanga from the Irish pagan metallers Primordial presenting his vocal art in two tracks, Mina The Fiddler from the experimental folk band Branâ Keternâ enchanting two tracks with the sounds of the 5-stringed viola and at last Sarah Wauquiez, our former bandmember, playing Zugerörgeli (helvetic accordion) on one track."

Tracklist "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion":

01. Sacrapos - At First Glance (feat. A.A. Nemtheanga ( Primordial) on vocals)
02. Brictom
03. A Girls Oath
04. The Arcane Dominion (feat. Oli S. Tyr (Faun) on long-necked lute)
05. Within The Grove feat. Fredy Schnyder (Nucleus Torn) on hammered dulcimer, feat. Mina The Fiddler (ex-Brana) on 5-stringed viola
06. The Cauldron Of Renascence
07. Nata (feat. A.A. Nemtheanga ( Primordial) on additional vocals)
08. Omnos
09. Carnutian Forest
10. Dessumiis Luge
11. Gobanno feat. Sarah Wauquiez (Schellmery, ex-Eluveitie), feat. Fredy Schnyder (Nucleus Torn) on hammered dulcimer, feat. Mina The Fiddler (ex-Brana) on 5-stringed viola
12. Voveso In Mori
13. Memento
14. Ne Regv Na
15. Sacrapos - The Disparaging Last Gaze

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 28.01.2009 by FeskarN

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 41   Visited by: 329 users
16.01.2009 - 20:17
VPeter
Alan A. Nemtheanga? NO! =( O well I'm curious about the others and how the acoustic folk album will sound.
16.01.2009 - 21:43
Sjuk
Lord Of Jörg
Acoustic album ? Arf...
16.01.2009 - 22:13
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Hmm I'm really looking forward to it. Sounds interesting since the last album wasn't that good compared to Spirit.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
17.01.2009 - 00:49
Fhuesc
Acoustic? sounds meh!, i like a song or two, but an entire album!?.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
17.01.2009 - 01:16
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Wasn't Evocation II meant to be their acoustic album? Anyway, I'm looking forward to both albums as most of the songwriting took place before Slania.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
17.01.2009 - 14:16
Metalmorphosis
The acoustic part is scaring me too. i really like their melo death/folk feel and those harsh vocals.
18.01.2009 - 22:03
Xlaw
Account deleted
Got abit dissapointed aswell, will there be no harsh vocals at all?
18.01.2009 - 23:36
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Yes, we should all fear and be disappointed by releases of albums that are not exactly like what the band just put out. : Looking forward to the release and glad it's something different, as much as I enjoy the band's last 2 albums.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
19.01.2009 - 08:32
kaylamacgavin
I love acoustic folk, but an entire album? Hmm...Oh well Eluveitie is great and I'll most likely buy this album anyways
19.01.2009 - 17:49
Classic Bob G
I'm also kinda on the fence about this. A couple of songs is always really rad. I love me some folk metal... but then again it would be a good change of pace from the rest of my collection. If I'm in the mood to just sit and reminisce.

I'm hoping it'll be good. And I'm looking forward to hear what kind of sound they're going to have with the two new members.

Maybe Part 2 will be heavier?
20.01.2009 - 21:39
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Oh yeah acoustic folk... looking forward to it. What I hated about them before was the crappy Gothenburg sound they had.
20.01.2009 - 22:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Introspekrieg on 20.01.2009 at 21:39

Oh yeah acoustic folk... looking forward to it. What I hated about them before was the crappy Gothenburg sound they had.

----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.01.2009 - 22:48
whitepawel
Acoustic? But...why?
20.01.2009 - 23:36
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
ANOTHER album? sheesh....cant be good
20.01.2009 - 23:36
albatros
Next decade could be the decade of acoustic folk. It's not so far from metal and offers some fresh impulses.
21.01.2009 - 01:30
Slyfang
It was about time they started making folk music, instead of redoing dark tranquillity with flutes

and the presence of Nemtheanga sounds great.. he's one of the best vocalists in metal i think
21.01.2009 - 01:44
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Didn't they JUST come out with a new album? That bugs me
----
Coldgrits
21.01.2009 - 02:34
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I didn't like too much the last album (sometimes I even find it boring) so an acoustic album sounds like it will be more boring. BTW, does the artwork was done by the same guy who made the artwork of Haggard's "Tales Of Ithiria"?!?
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
21.01.2009 - 03:01
enumaelis
Is nuclear blast pushing them to release more stuff now that they are "first division" in folk metal?
I'd prefer they rested a bit, thinking more and coming with the best ideas :S, the last one wasnt so good as the great previous "Spirit"
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
21.01.2009 - 03:30
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by kaylamacgavin on 19.01.2009 at 08:32

I love acoustic folk, but an entire album? Hmm...Oh well Eluveitie is great and I'll most likely buy this album anyways

Folk music is in its primal form acoustic music. Yeah of course, now it's been used in metal, rock and so forth. I don't see what all the complaining is about (not you personally), i find that folk sounds better and more natural with a clean acoustic sound. That's why this album may interest me since i thought Slania was boring and average folk sounding, and the Gothenburg sound ... that shit has to go.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
21.01.2009 - 03:58
Lehctim
If Elvenking can pull off an acoustic album than Eluveitie definitely can.
21.01.2009 - 04:58
Symmachus
I'll look forward to this. This is the third folk metal band I know of that has done an acoustic album recently, the first two being Folkearth and Elvenking.
21.01.2009 - 06:45
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by enumaelis on 21.01.2009 at 03:01

Is nuclear blast pushing them to release more stuff now that they are "first division" in folk metal?
I'd prefer they rested a bit, thinking more and coming with the best ideas :S, the last one wasnt so good as the great previous "Spirit"

Obviously Nuclear Blast was pushing them. Which probably is the reason why the band stopped working on the acoustic Evocation I after signing to NB and started writing on Slania. Most of Evocation I was written right after Spirit and is in fact older than anything from Slania. So I guess they had plenty of time to work on and refine this release.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
21.01.2009 - 13:22
Biddle127
I think i'm looking forward to the acoustic album more
No clue why
21.01.2009 - 14:38
Enissa
I love acoustic mood folk music , but I didnt understand, did they canceled it???
21.01.2009 - 18:31
Newfie_Metal
Cool, can't wait.
21.01.2009 - 19:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That dude has fuckin ANTLERS! krieg as shit! i mean ACOUSTIC as shit
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.01.2009 - 21:07
schwanderen
Why the hell are so many people negative about an acoustic release? I know it's "metalstorm" but come'on! Eluveites most interesting parts has always been their acoustic elements and levels, as people say their Gothenburg alone would'nt get them far.
Remember before genre theres the music alone, point being that Eluveite is not only "metal", it's music, so take it from that angle and il sure youl appreciate it more.
Im looking forward to a metalminded group going entirely atmospheric acoustic.
21.01.2009 - 21:10
Ernis
狼獾
More Gaulish song texts? Wonderful, I approve....
24.01.2009 - 01:41
bard
This has very high potential...
----

Hits total: 6141 | This month: 2