Metal Storm logo
The Old School

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 07.07.2006 - 17:07
So anyway, I've seen people tracking down a lot of bands like Nile, Strapping Young Lad, Arch Enemy, Decapitated, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth and even Zao and more of the same sector.

Do we still remember the old school days? what has happened to people talking about Xecutioner and Disattack, Carbonized, Deceased, Disincarnate, Insanity and many others? yeah maybe they are not that active now, but does it means that much to be a band releasing many albums in the present so we can talk about them?

I was a kid in those days, but I know many of you remember exactly what happened back then; to the other people, what do we really know about the old school?
30.11.2007 - 11:30
MetalManiac
Written by [user id=18574] on 15.12.2006 at 15:47

MAJSTER KAT - old school thrashmetal

Do you now this Slovak old school thrash metal band singing about madness of christian inquisition and killing of innocent people? Part of their live performances is also live inquisition process with torture instruments.

Here are some videos from their live DVD:

MAJSTER KAT - Intro & Tien Minulosti
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9yXRiMi0s3g

MAJSTER KAT- Posledny Den
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hw8jBTGtuic

MAJSTER KAT - Kat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YIcECz4RJo
This is an excellent band, their new album "Svätá Zvrhlost" released just a month ago is perfect, listen to the free download Promo from this album:

DOWNLOAD PROMO CD MAJSTER KAT here
12.04.2008 - 10:07
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.08.2006 at 10:49

Out of the Body taken from Consuming Impulse with Martin van Drunen on bass and vocals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlx2zj0VoG4

Oh man, that's so fucking evil. I was just searching around in this old thread and found this. Just great.
----
The force will be with you, always.
12.04.2008 - 15:51
diSEMBOWELMENT
Account deleted
KULT.

it doesn't get better than this, swedish old school death fucking metal.
20.10.2008 - 13:13
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
In Old School metal someone everything was authentic just because nothing had been played again. Today when hearing a new song many times are sure that this is 'stollen'. So the musicians have to make more complex music to show that they are not overwriting someone else... Personally I believe every style has good and bad points. In old school music the most productions were so bad so it is difficult to listen to it many times. It tirres you. In modern styles I don't like progressive. I think it's useless to have a song with a 3minute bass solo.. It's stupid. It's not art...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.09.2010 - 12:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Time to revive this thread.

A couple of months ago, Necroharmonic released a compilation of splits from three old school Swedish death metal bands - Mastication, Exhumed (Swe), and Egypt. The sound quality is great and the music is very good. Here's a song from each band:

01.09.2010 - 13:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Wow, that's pretty awesome! Nice to see another old school death metal compilation (they can be pretty handy especially when tracking down initially limited release demos).
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
05.09.2010 - 20:27
RavenKing
Written by [user id=2939] on 25.08.2006 at 23:52

Written by ErabatukII on 24.08.2006 at 15:13

Asphyx - The Rack
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Massacra - Enjoy the Violence

Excellent picks, Massacra and Asphyx are 2 of my favorite death metal bands ever.

I'm not into DM. I prefer by far Black Metal. But I really like Massacra's first 3 albums a lot. Great Thrash/Death.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
21.09.2010 - 16:21
ylside
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 01.09.2010 at 12:44

Time to revive this thread.

A couple of months ago, Necroharmonic released a compilation of splits from three old school Swedish death metal bands - Mastication, Exhumed (Swe), and Egypt. The sound quality is great and the music is very good. Here's a song from each band:

Thanks a bunch. I am listening to them right now, Egypt is not bad at all !
22.09.2010 - 01:43
worship_non
Account deleted
Poison from Germany. old school deaththrash, quite unique. Do listen to it all the way through though.

Pentagram from Chile, also old school deaththrash, mainly influenced by Possessed I think, Morbid Angel were influenced by them, iirc. And yeah, the same applies, definitely listen to it all the way through.

07.10.2010 - 19:20
Anton
Fuck ! i've just watch this russian shit :

what that's ?
where is metal ? they call them a metal band ?!
damn ... old school is the only way of metal , where is the spirit of the gods like Bathory , Slayer and Blasphemy ...
i'm a bit disturbed by this shit ...
----
AMSG
07.10.2010 - 19:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I heard that the Wombbath album was re-released somewhere in Europe, but does anyone know where? It's been out of print for a while and I still can't find a place to order it from... that I trust, at least. I hate ordering from Europe. Anyways, the album fucking rules and has some sick vocals. I'd embed a video, but my bosses are right behind me.

11.10.2010 - 21:57
transearth
Wombbath was released by US Necroharmonic. One piece is lying right in front of me...

My 2 cents (literally, as I released following album on my small label), it's a new band but an old school style...

www.myspace.com/brutallydeceasedband
www.lavadome.org