Metal Storm logo
Kilts

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 05.03.2009 - 01:03
Kilts, those amazing Un-bifurcated Male Garments, how I love thee. While the kilt has been traditionally associated with Scotland, the design actually reaches back to ancient Babylon. A kilt is a knee-length garment with pleats at the rear, typically worn by men. It is not a dress or skirt as some people like to think. I've been a kilt enthusiast most of my life and can't stop talking about them whenever the opportunity comes about. It might be my Scottish heritage, or just the simple fact that a kilt is incredibly comfortable. It seems our society is a little mixed about about what men and women should wear. A man is not anatomically designed to fit into pants comfortably, and once you've worn a kilt you'll know what I am talking about!

So this thread is for those out there who wear kilts, want to wear kilts, or think they are just down right badass. So please share your kilt photos if you have them. Tell us your tales of wearing them (maybe at a Highland Games?) and how you got into them. Or feel free to ask about them.

Here are some of my kilts pictures. Not all of my kilts are represented here.

06.04.2009 - 01:41
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Dane Train on 05.04.2009 at 20:23

You really should look into getting one. Not only because their comfortable, but you should be proud of your heritage. I'm sure if you search around you can find a store that can get you your clan's tartan or even look online for it.

Anyway, here are a few new photos I just got from a friend at church of me in one of my dress kilts at my baptism.

Does anyone else have pictures of them in a kilt or am I the only Metalhead here who rocks one?

haha, attending your baptism in a kilt, now that's classy! and, so far i do believe you're the only one, at least from those of us on the site, that wears kilts.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
23.04.2009 - 01:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by tulkas on 06.04.2009 at 01:41

Written by Dane Train on 05.04.2009 at 20:23

You really should look into getting one. Not only because their comfortable, but you should be proud of your heritage. I'm sure if you search around you can find a store that can get you your clan's tartan or even look online for it.

Anyway, here are a few new photos I just got from a friend at church of me in one of my dress kilts at my baptism.

Does anyone else have pictures of them in a kilt or am I the only Metalhead here who rocks one?

haha, attending your baptism in a kilt, now that's classy! and, so far i do believe you're the only one, at least from those of us on the site, that wears kilts.

I'd like a lether kilt down to my ankles... but:
1. Our country is nto exactly openminded.
2. I live in a warm city.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
23.04.2009 - 03:51
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 23.04.2009 at 01:49

That is the reason to do so. Ever since I move to North Carolina, I have been suffering in the summer heat. Kilts provide that special bit of freedom you need in the humid weather.
----
(space for rent)
23.04.2009 - 04:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Dane Train on 23.04.2009 at 03:51

That is the reason to do so. Ever since I move to North Carolina, I have been suffering in the summer heat. Kilts provide that special bit of freedom you need in the humid weather.

Kinda like shorts?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

23.04.2009 - 05:26
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 23.04.2009 at 04:24

Kinda like shorts?

Even better! When it gets hot, all you need to do is stand with your legs a little farther apart. And if you can find an air conditioning vent on the floor...oh boy is that nice.
----
(space for rent)
23.04.2009 - 06:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Dane Train on 23.04.2009 at 05:26

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 23.04.2009 at 04:24

Kinda like shorts?

Even better! When it gets hot, all you need to do is stand with your legs a little farther apart.

But those are like... wide kilts I suppose.

Quote:

And if you can find an air conditioning vent on the floor...oh boy is that nice.

Erm... how about NO.
----

23.04.2009 - 06:26
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Dane Train on 23.04.2009 at 05:26

Even better! When it gets hot, all you need to do is stand with your legs a little farther apart. And if you can find an air conditioning vent on the floor...oh boy is that nice.

that sounds... disturbing, somehow but like jonas said, it's too bad people are so close minded here, so wearing a kilt around here might not be that well accpeted. and besides, bogota is really cold, so i imagine the cold winds could really harm one's baggage or at least freeze them
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
23.04.2009 - 09:23
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 23.04.2009 at 06:04

What do you mean "wide kilts"?
----
(space for rent)
23.04.2009 - 17:08
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Dane Train on 23.04.2009 at 09:23

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 23.04.2009 at 06:04

What do you mean "wide kilts"?

Erm you know, like the ones you have, are a little wide they seem.
The opposite being.... teh kilt shagrath uses in the video of Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
----

23.04.2009 - 18:12
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 23.04.2009 at 17:08

The opposite being.... teh kilt shagrath uses in the video of Progenies of the Great Apocalypse

That is a skirt he is wearing, not a kilt. A formal kilt starts at the bellybutton and ends at the top of the knee cap (where as a casual will start at the waist). Also, kilts are pleated, that looked like it was solid.
----
(space for rent)
23.04.2009 - 18:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh now I get it.
----

26.04.2009 - 20:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dane Train on 23.04.2009 at 18:12

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 23.04.2009 at 17:08

That is a skirt he is wearing, not a kilt. A formal kilt starts at the bellybutton and ends at the top of the knee cap (where as a casual will start at the waist). Also, kilts are pleated, that looked like it was solid.

so Shagrath is a cross-dresser? lol

@jonas the place to wear something like a kilt would be a village metal festival or something like that, like Wacken or Hellfest, i'd wear one to that kind of stuff but i can't find one around here and i'd have to sell my arm to get one shipped from the 'States(a Utilikilt would be pretty nice), plus the Scottish ones are EXPENSIVE AS FUCK.
28.04.2009 - 18:37
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Valentin B on 26.04.2009 at 20:23

plus the Scottish ones are EXPENSIVE AS FUCK.

Do it yourself then....unless you wish a modern kilt you can always wear a much more antique version...
You only need seven metres long cloth which you need to have specially folded around you....

Assistance from this site...
http://www.garbtheworld.com/pgs/foldkilt.html