Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest - To Release New Live Album

Original news, posted on 18.05.2009

As posted today on the official Judas Priest website: Judas Priest will shortly be releasing a LIVE ALBUM consisting of eleven tracks - all previously unreleased in a live version! The album is due out in JULY 2009 and will be entitled: "Judas Priest - A Touch Of Evil - LIVE"

All of the tracks were recorded throughout the JUDAS PRIEST WORLD TOURS in 2005 and 2008. More information to follow shortly!"

UPDATE (thanks to [user_id]20323[/user_id])

Official press release

As the creators of a live release that is considered to be one of the all-time great concert recordings in the realm of heavy metal (1979's "Unleashed In The East"), whenever Judas Priest announce a new live album, metalheads worldwide instantly take note. And on "A Touch of Evil: Live" (due for release in July 2009 via Sony Music and Epic Records), the mighty Priest - which includes singer Rob Halford, guitarists Glenn Tipton and KK Downing, bassist Ian Hill, and drummer Scott Travis - doesn't disappoint. Focusing primarily on fan-revered album cuts (all previously unreleased in live form on CD), "A Touch of Evil: Live" features absolutely scintillating renditions of such Priest gems as "Riding on the Wind," "Beyond the Realms of Death," "Dissident Aggressor," "A Touch of Evil," "Eat Me Alive," and the set-closing "Painkiller." Also of note are the first live album appearances of standouts from Priest's critically acclaimed 2008 concept double disc, 'Nostradamus' ("Death" and "Prophecy").

Recorded by Martin Walker and Brian Thorene during the Judas Priest's mammoth 2005 and 2008 world tours, "A Touch of Evil: Live" also marks the first Priest album that producer Tom Allom has worked on since 1988 (co-producing along with the band). It was such Allom-produced albums as the aforementioned "Unleashed in the East," as well as "British Steel" and "Screaming for Vengeance" (among others) that made Priest not only one of the premier metal acts, but one of the leading global rock acts. As heard throughout "A Touch of Evil: Live," Priest remain a must-see live act... and a must-hear one, as well.

"A Touch of Evil: Live" [cover artwork] tracklisting:

01. Judas Rising
02. Hellrider
03. Between the Hammer & the Anvil
04. Riding on the Wind
05. Death
06. Beyond the Realms of Death
07. Dissident Aggressor
08. A Touch of Evil
09. Eat Me Alive
10. Prophecy
11. Painkiller

Source: judaspriest.com
Band profile: Judas Priest
Posted: 27.05.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   Visited by: 169 users
19.05.2009 - 01:00
Baz Anderson
Staff
Nice idea that nothing on this live album has been on previous live albums. I guess they realised that we'd already heard "Breaking The Law" a million times.
19.05.2009 - 01:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
The diea itself is nice, but it's a shame it is not from one or two shows. Now you'll get a huge difference in quality.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.05.2009 - 02:38
Derwood
Here's hoping they include "Dissident Aggressor" from the 2008 tour.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
19.05.2009 - 02:42
Urizen367
Watch. its just gonna be a buncha tracks from nostradamus.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
19.05.2009 - 03:02
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
It probably will be but hopefully they play it a bit faster. The album needed it.
----
19.05.2009 - 03:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.05.2009 at 01:05

The diea itself is nice, but it's a shame it is not from one or two shows. Now you'll get a huge difference in quality.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Didn't work out too badly with Saxon's The Eagle Has Landed III which was recorded in multiple places if I recall correctly.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.05.2009 - 05:50
Murder
Written by Derwood on 19.05.2009 at 02:38

yeah! it would be nice ...
19.05.2009 - 06:16
Symmachus
I don't like the album's name, but this seems at least somewhat interesting.
19.05.2009 - 08:53
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well let's see what this ol' dudes have for us, seems nice BTW.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
19.05.2009 - 10:07
Mountain King
K i K o
Yes this album seems fun! maybe they'll include Wheels Of Fire, Locgness or Angel From Angel Of Retribution and some cool songs from Nostradamus oh yeah and i wish they would have a live version of "Blood Red Skies", cz i really wanna hear it live. It's such an amazing song!
19.05.2009 - 10:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 19.05.2009 at 03:50

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.05.2009 at 01:05

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Didn't work out too badly with Saxon's The Eagle Has Landed III which was recorded in multiple places if I recall correctly.

Halford's Live Insurrection was also recorded in tons of places and it sounds really good

Written by Derwood on 19.05.2009 at 02:38

yeah, they surely will include D.A., also Eat Me Alive, Between the Hammer and the Anvil, Hell Patrol, Rock Hard Ride Free, Angel, Prophecy(with Dawn of Creation), Devil's Child and Death from their new album.

hell, i've already mapped out their tracklist there's only one track missing and i think it's Sinner but they already released it in 79.. guess people forget with old age
19.05.2009 - 10:12
Mountain King
K i K o
Lochness*
19.05.2009 - 21:33
Natalya
Account deleted
Considering the list of tracks, the new album gonna kick metal ass...

19.05.2009 - 23:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=41140] on 19.05.2009 at 21:33

No tracklisting has been released yet.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.05.2009 - 02:08
Marcelo Hissa
Nobody in here expects to hear some Rippers era songs??
I do..
----
As the wind carried the deadly seed
to the minds of the doomed
they were gone for the stage of hell

20.05.2009 - 07:35
Urizen367
Written by Marcelo Hissa on 20.05.2009 at 02:08

I do..

when halford came back, they stated they weren't gonna do ripper songs, cause "those were ripper's songs, it would be right if i (halford) sang them" or something along those lines. which is hypocritical as all hell, seeing as when halford went solo he played old priest stuff, and when halford was replaced by ripper, ripper played old priest stuff. plus, look at maiden. bruce does blaze songs. they're just looking for a professional reason as to why they dont wanna play those songs.
----
20.05.2009 - 15:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Urizen367 on 20.05.2009 at 07:35

Written by Marcelo Hissa on 20.05.2009 at 02:08

I do..

when halford came back, they stated they weren't gonna do ripper songs, cause "those were ripper's songs, it would be right if i (halford) sang them" or something along those lines. which is hypocritical as all hell, seeing as when halford went solo he played old priest stuff, and when halford was replaced by ripper, ripper played old priest stuff. plus, look at maiden. bruce does blaze songs. they're just looking for a professional reason as to why they dont wanna play those songs.

imo the problem lies in the fact that the Ripper era, though they released 1 good album and 1 decent one, was somehow a experimental era of Priest, their "real" sound was with Halford. also no-one is banning Ripper from playing those songs in his solo band. they just don't think that that stuff is what the public wants to hear(i know i don't want to)

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.05.2009 at 23:11

Written by [user id=41140] on 19.05.2009 at 21:33

No tracklisting has been released yet.

but like i said there's lots of stuff they played on the last tours which will undoubtedly find their way into the tracklist. hell i've already mentioned 10 out of 11 tracks, i'm only curious as to which song they'll re-release live(even though they say that no song will be repeated)
20.05.2009 - 16:17
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Gr8 idea.............
20.05.2009 - 22:24
Omegabyss
Account deleted
I hope songs like One Shot at Glory, Eat Me Alive, Hot Rockin, Ram It Down, Hard as Iron, Blood Red Skies, Between the Hammer and the Anvil, Fire Burns Below (DOUBT IT), Hell Patrol, Wild Nights, Hot and Crazy Days are on it
21.05.2009 - 05:50
Marcelo Hissa
Written by Urizen367 on 19.05.2009 at 02:42

Watch. its just gonna be a buncha tracks from nostradamus.

You couldnt be more right...
----
As the wind carried the deadly seed
to the minds of the doomed
they were gone for the stage of hell

27.05.2009 - 11:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Baz Anderson on 19.05.2009 at 01:00

Nice idea that nothing on this live album has been on previous live albums. I guess they realised that we'd already heard "Breaking The Law" a million times.

they got it wrong all these tracks weren't released on an album with Rob, but most of these tracks were already on Rising in the East or were available as live bonus tracks(Riding on the Wind)

new stuff: Dissident Aggressor, Between the Hammer and the Anvil, Eat Me Alive, and of course the Nostradamus tracks. here's hoping that one of these songs was recorded in Bucharest

also i'm not complaining about the fact that most of these tracks are already on the DVD or as bonus live tracks, i love Rob's voice in the past years and i am very much looking forward to this
27.05.2009 - 12:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Eat Me Alive? they played that LIVE? unexpected...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.05.2009 - 16:47
Derwood
The track list is a lot stronger than I was expecting. I'm glad they're including "Death;" by far my favourite track from Nostradamus. "Beyond the Realms of Death" is a very welcome surprise and "Dissident Aggressor" was great live. A little shocked, but not disappointed, that "Nostradamus" isn't on there.
----
27.05.2009 - 20:26
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Derwood on 27.05.2009 at 16:47
The track list is a lot stronger than I was expecting. I'm glad they're including "Death;" by far my favourite track from Nostradamus. "Beyond the Realms of Death" is a very welcome surprise and "Dissident Aggressor" was great live. A little shocked, but not disappointed, that "Nostradamus" isn't on there.
\,,/ for Realms. Also slightly surprised by the absence of Nostradamus, but it makes plenty of sense when Painkiller is included

How have the recent performances of Dissident compared to the album version?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
27.05.2009 - 20:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Syk on 27.05.2009 at 20:26

Written by Derwood on 27.05.2009 at 16:47
,,/ for Realms. Also slightly surprised by the absence of Nostradamus, but it makes plenty of sense when Painkiller is included

How have the recent performances of Dissident compared to the album version?

lol "Nostradamus" wasn't even played live in any tour, though it would have been pretty awesome.

Dissident Aggressor lacks all the vicious screaming obviously but still is pretty brutal, especially the intro is done like Slayer's version and sounds pretty kickass.
28.05.2009 - 06:41
Urizen367
Not bad. i didn't think they would release a bunch of those, cause they were on Rising in the East. but that was a DVD, not an album. so i see the trickery there...we're on to you Priest.
----
28.05.2009 - 06:41
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Mmm well, I'm kinda dissapointed by the tracks but, hey, I like Eat Me Alive!

Well, I saw them last year and they gave a killer show, so a live album from them is always accepted.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
28.05.2009 - 08:17
Derwood
Written by Valentin B on 27.05.2009 at 20:53

lol "Nostradamus" wasn't even played live in any tour, though it would have been pretty awesome.

Dissident Aggressor lacks all the vicious screaming obviously but still is pretty brutal, especially the intro is done like Slayer's version and sounds pretty kickass.

You know, I could have sworn they played Nostradamus when I saw them last year, but you're right, they didn't. I definitely agree with your assessment of Dissident Aggressor. Rob can't quite get the highs anymore, but the performance over all is still great.
----
29.05.2009 - 06:46
Symmachus
I still don't like the live album's title, but I guess there's nothing I can do about that...
02.06.2009 - 13:18
Wakanaboo
This is going to be AWESOME!!!!!
----
_bleh!_

Hits total: 5679 | This month: 3