Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity - New Album Out Early Next Year

The following statement has been released on the official Dark Tranquillity website:

"Time to let you in on the plans for our upcoming ninth (or tenth, depending on how you count) full-length album. The as-yet-untitled beast will be recorded in September and October and released in early 2010 through Century media records.

We'll keep the recording setup completely in-house this time. Drums will be tracked in Daniel Antonsson's studio, while the remaining instruments will be immortalized in Martin Brändström's newly renovated Rogue music facilities. The mixing duties will once again be handled by Tue Madsen in his Antfarm studio in Denmark.

As for the music itself, it's a bit too early to delve into details, but the material feels diverse and fresh and covers all the facets of the D.T. sound. Those who are familiar with our songwriting process know that we always keep re-arranging and experimenting with the material until the recording starts, and while we currently have the basic foundations for around 10 songs, many things are still open. The final result is likely to surprise ourselves as well as you people.

Some tentative song titles are "I Am The Void", "Zero Distance", "The Burden Of Love Alive", "Archangelsk" and "Memories In Reverse", though these are subject to change as usual.

Well, more news will follow in due time..."

Source: darktranquillity.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Posted: 04.07.2009 by Haddonfield

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 220 users
04.07.2009 - 11:31
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Here we go again with another band who is following the whole Amon Amarth musical approach of churning out the same shit over and over. They might as well call this next album "damagedone-character-fiction" because thats exactly what its gonna sound like. Lame
04.07.2009 - 11:40
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Another one to the wishlist.... The theme looks the sasme as always..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
04.07.2009 - 12:41
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Author on 04.07.2009 at 11:31

Here we go again with another band who is following the whole Amon Amarth musical approach of churning out the same shit over and over. They might as well call this next album "damagedone-character-fiction" because thats exactly what its gonna sound like. Lame

It's their ninth album...so you'd put more and over and over and over.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.07.2009 - 12:44
kea
Good news, I kinda like their last album "Fiction".
As for Amon Amarth, their last album really sucks IMO. All songs sound the same and lame.
Can't say this about DT, they create good stuff as always.
04.07.2009 - 13:06
Janne
Hugin
Hell yeah!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
04.07.2009 - 13:23
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Dark Tranquillity has never let me down. I'm curious about how they'll innovate after "Inside the Particle Storm"...
04.07.2009 - 14:02
lord artan
Oh myyyyyyyyyyyy god i love i need album
thank you thank you for this typic
:banger2::banger:
04.07.2009 - 14:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Can't wait.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.07.2009 - 15:48
altercuca
Account deleted
BRING IT ON>>>@@@@!!!!!
04.07.2009 - 18:18
selken
Irreligious

I don't understand... most metal fans are so hard to keep satisfied... acussing In Flames from selling out and Dark Tranquillity for sticking to what they do the best...

anyway DT pwns and I cannot wait till March
----
04.07.2009 - 18:34
Forsaker
Waiting !!!!!
04.07.2009 - 18:48
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Awesome!
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
04.07.2009 - 19:03
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Taktsekte on 04.07.2009 at 13:23

Dark Tranquillity has never let me down. I'm curious about how they'll innovate after "Inside the Particle Storm"...

Same here!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
04.07.2009 - 19:11
FeskarN
Finally! Can't wait!!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
04.07.2009 - 19:18
I look forward to any new material from them, but I would like to see them really switch things up. With their current sound, I think they basically peaked at Damage Done, though Character was great and I still enjoyed Fiction. DT was great live when I saw them, and I'd love to see them put out something really fantastic before I(hopefully) see them again.

As it stands now, I'm definitely looking forward to the new Insomnium more.
04.07.2009 - 20:27
Fhuesc
This week has been awesome, Skyfire, Nightwish, Insomnium, Ensiferum and now this. I wish all weeks were like this one.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
04.07.2009 - 21:18
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by selken on 04.07.2009 at 18:18

I don't understand... most metal fans are so hard to keep satisfied... acussing In Flames from selling out and Dark Tranquillity for sticking to what they do the best...

anyway DT pwns and I cannot wait till March

Well there isnt only two ways of going about it...bands dont either sell out or stick to what they know, theres more to it than that. A band can progress and become better at what they do without selling out. From a musical point of view In Flames became worse, DT from a musical point of view became stagnant.

But yea i guess it is difficult to keep some of us satisfied, dont really like it much when bands become predictable.
04.07.2009 - 22:38
Symmachus
I will be looking forward to this album getting out in early 2010. I hope it's a nice one.
05.07.2009 - 02:00
tulkas
el parcero
Looking forward to it as well. After their gig here I started to like them even more "I Am The Void" and "The Burden Of Love Alive" sound nice song titles.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
05.07.2009 - 14:17
Written by kea on 04.07.2009 at 12:44

Good news, I kinda like their last album "Fiction".
As for Amon Amarth, their last album really sucks IMO. All songs sound the same and lame.
Can't say this about DT, they create good stuff as always.

I thought the newest Amon Amarth was a bit of a letdown as well, but I have faith in DT to put out something awesome
06.07.2009 - 00:02
Wooo!
06.07.2009 - 09:53
kaylamacgavin
Awesome!
06.07.2009 - 12:08
Shadowcross
The Summoner

If you don't like them, why comment? Just wonder because you say it is 'shit'.

I hope it sounds the same. I love DT...
These song titles are typical for them yes, but each DT album is different enough from each other to make them unique in their own right!

If it is as least as good as Fiction I will be happy.
06.07.2009 - 13:31
-Morbid-
These guys haven't really excited me too much since Damage Done, but I still enjoy them and am interested in how this album will turn out.
06.07.2009 - 16:15
MeloDeathViking
Fuckin awesome! I love these guys, and their last few have been some of my favorite albums, so I'm definitly looking forward to this one!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
06.07.2009 - 17:27
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Shadowcross on 06.07.2009 at 12:08

If you don't like them, why comment? Just wonder because you say it is 'shit'.

I hope it sounds the same. I love DT...
These song titles are typical for them yes, but each DT album is different enough from each other to make them unique in their own right!

If it is as least as good as Fiction I will be happy.

I feel I have a right to comment because im not commenting as a noob or someone who's only heard them once. Im commenting as someone who used to love Damage Done and their former works. All just became a bit stale...Im pretty sure it would be pointless to make a "comments" section if criticism is a taboo. "Here's what I do, but please you must love it, otherwise fuck off"....uhh no
06.07.2009 - 18:13
Abattoir
Staff
Lovely news Looking forward to of course.
06.07.2009 - 22:19
lord artan
God help me i can not wait
08.07.2009 - 11:59
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Great this will surely be a great album!!! dt never dissapoints us!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
08.07.2009 - 18:38
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Written by Author on 06.07.2009 at 17:27

Written by Shadowcross on 06.07.2009 at 12:08

I feel I have a right to comment because im not commenting as a noob or someone who's only heard them once. Im commenting as someone who used to love Damage Done and their former works. All just became a bit stale...Im pretty sure it would be pointless to make a "comments" section if criticism is a taboo. "Here's what I do, but please you must love it, otherwise fuck off"....uhh no

Fair enough... Damage Done is still as good as it ever was IMHO

Hits total: 4439 | This month: 1