Date: 31 December 2009 - 01 January 2010
Organizer: Just Say Rock Promotions

Tickets:

$195.70 - 2 day pass
$137.50 - day 1 pass
$127.50 - day 2 pass
Buy at www.ticketek.com.au

Tickets go on sale 30th July 2009.

Tickets can no longer be purchased from www.justsayrock.com.au as they've sold out. They can now only be purchased from Ticketek.

Headliners

DAY 1 (31.12)

Darker Half 17:10
Vanishing Point 17:50
Synperium 18:35
Spawn Of Possession 19:20
Rotting Christ 20:15
Malevolent Creation 21:35
Deströyer 666 22:55
Sonata Arctica 00:25

DAY 2 (01.01)

Defamer 12:15
Universum 13:05
Killrazer 13: 55
Virgin Black 14:45
Eyefear 15:35
Eye Of The Enemy 16:25
Black Majesty 17:15
Ensiferum 18:10
Cynic 19:35
Dark Funeral 21:00
Edguy 22:25

Who was there?

Raiden 100%
Dark Cornatus (New Zealand) 100%
Eternal Flames 100%
Oracle 100%
Shadowcross 100%
Evican (Canada) 100%
Daniel 100%

News

Comments

Comments: 40   Visited by: 102 users
28.07.2009 - 04:02
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
@Eternal Flames: How were you thinking of getting there? lol
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
28.07.2009 - 04:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Raiden on 28.07.2009 at 04:02

By train or plane I guess
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.07.2009 - 04:20
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.07.2009 at 04:08

I guess so, but I haven't worked out which one myself haha. The options are plane, bus, train or car really. I think plane will work out the cheapest.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

28.07.2009 - 13:27
Eternal Flames
Written by Raiden on 28.07.2009 at 04:20

I guess so, but I haven't worked out which one myself haha. The options are plane, bus, train or car really. I think plane will work out the cheapest.

I'll probably end up driving up I think. While plane probably would be cheapest, it'll be easier to get around Sydney driving rather than spending a fair bit on public transport/taxis etc.

Only thing that'll be a pain is trying to organise accommodation I reckon, being new years eve haha. Though the festival organisers do have some accommodation package going on which seems pretty sweet.

There's a bunch of details on their official website though http://screamfest.com.au/
28.07.2009 - 13:48
Mull666
Son of a bitch! i cant believe im going to pyramid rock instead of this, dont know bout anyone else but it sux having friends who hate metal and listen to indie rock...bah!!!
28.07.2009 - 16:04
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Eternal Flames on 28.07.2009 at 13:27

Written by Raiden on 28.07.2009 at 04:20

I'll probably end up driving up I think. While plane probably would be cheapest, it'll be easier to get around Sydney driving rather than spending a fair bit on public transport/taxis etc.

Only thing that'll be a pain is trying to organise accommodation I reckon, being new years eve haha. Though the festival organisers do have some accommodation package going on which seems pretty sweet.

There's a bunch of details on their official website though http://screamfest.com.au/

Okay. The cheapest plane flights I've found are $118 return, leaving on the 30th and returning the 2nd I think. That's probably how I'll go. How much will it cost you in fuel to get there and back? How sure do you think you are that you'll go? We'll have to buy tickets tomorrow I'd say. The accommodation thing they've got going is $85 per night which is a bit pricey. I've emailed the travel agent asking a few things anyway. Are there any camping grounds near Sydney I wonder? lol
----
- Bruce Dickinson

29.07.2009 - 06:21
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
So I contacted the travel agent that the festival is using and it's $180 return for the plane flights, $180 per room per night for accommodation at the Travelodge Bankstown and $79 per person for bus transfers between the hotel and the Enmore Theatre.

Seems pretty expensive to me. If anyone's got some ideas to make things cheaper, post them here!
----
- Bruce Dickinson

29.07.2009 - 06:33
Eternal Flames
I thought that all the transport between Sydney would be pretty expensive. And I've heard their train system is absolutely hectic compared to Melbourne hence why I'm probably gonna drive up. I'll be coming up with my brother and maybe another friend so between us all petrol should work out cheaper than plane ticket and transport within Sydney.

As for accommodation, I'm still unsure about that. I don't know whether to book through the festival agent or just find it on my own. Might check out a few other places and see if there's anything cheaper.
29.07.2009 - 10:52
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Yeah that's another thing, I don't know how I'm going to be able to get to and from anywhere once I'm there lol. I'd drive but I don't think my car would be up to it haha.

I don't really have any friends into metal where I'm from so car pooling wouldn't work for me either.

If I was driving I'd just sleep in my car every night but yeah looks like I'll have to work out something else.

Will you be coming up the day before or anything, or just staying the two days?
----
- Bruce Dickinson

30.07.2009 - 13:43
Eternal Flames
I think I'll come up on the 31st but stay a few days after the festival. I haven't really decided yet though. I guess if I do decide to come up earlier it'll be on the 30th although a 10 hour roadtrip to Sydney on my birthday definitely doesn't sound pleasing

Even with a car though, I want to find a place close to the venue so that I can walk there. I'd imagine driving around a very unfamiliar city on new years eve wouldn't be the best idea, let alone trying to find parking haha.

As for getting around Sydney, I'm sure our fellow Sydney MSer's could give us a helping hand there *cough* Jodie? Matt? *cough*
30.07.2009 - 15:48
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Yeah I'm going to either leave on the 30th, or else get up very fucking early on the 31st. The first option sounds more appealing I think. I'll probably leave on the 2nd as leaving post 11.30 at night doesn't sound all that fun either.

If I can find a cheap as fuck backpackers joint very close to the venue then I'll do that I spose. It's possible my mate will come (just for the road trip really) so yeah I may just be driving too.

Yeah a guide would be pretty damn useful lol.

Btw I think I'll be getting my ticket about midday tomorrow. What about everyone else?
----
- Bruce Dickinson

31.07.2009 - 06:06
Oracle
Orcinus
Ive already bought my tickets but they were sold out on ticketek so i just got mine from JSR. my order for them were just confirmed so im definitely going. hopefully they dont take forever to get to my house tho. Now the only problem is, Matt has to try and get new years off. this is gonna be hard as EVERYONE wants it off lol. if worst comes to worst Matt will just have to fake a sickie hehe.
31.07.2009 - 06:36
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Hmm, I checked the Ticketek website just now and they don't seem to be sold out. Still says "available" anyway. I just got my tickets from a Ticketek outlet (after about half an hour of fucking around) but I've got the double pass in the standing area so that's the main thing I suppose.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

31.07.2009 - 06:46
Oracle
Orcinus
Maybe they just put more up because i checked 10 times before buying them off the other site n they were definitely sold out when i tried to buy them. but it doesnt matter at least we bought some, thats the main thing lol.
i just checked again and it still says sold out for me. its weird how did u manage to get them off there? lol.
31.07.2009 - 07:07
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I didn't get them off there, I went into a newsagent and got them. But when I look at the Screamfest Ticketek link it still says there's some available. Yeah at least you got some.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

31.07.2009 - 08:43
Oracle
Orcinus
OMFG, it works for me now, BUTTT im glad i didnt buy them off ticketek now. they are way more expensive than JSR. i cant work out why they wouldnt work before, its weird. anyway who cares lol i got my tickets, i just gotta wait for them to come in the mail now
31.07.2009 - 08:55
Oracle
Orcinus
OKKKK its not working again!!!!!! grrrrrr. probably a good thing i got them off jsr lol.
03.08.2009 - 07:40
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Your computer is weird.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

03.08.2009 - 09:19
Oracle
Orcinus
Yer it is... i had this same problem with iron maiden tickets too lol...
07.08.2009 - 13:36
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Just Say Rock have sold out of their allocation of tickets so they can only be purchased from Ticketek now.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

10.08.2009 - 09:30
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Wow i'll be there! Great lineup of both international and local acts!
01.09.2009 - 02:50
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Eternal Flames on 30.07.2009 at 13:43

I think I'll come up on the 31st but stay a few days after the festival. I haven't really decided yet though. I guess if I do decide to come up earlier it'll be on the 30th although a 10 hour roadtrip to Sydney on my birthday definitely doesn't sound pleasing

Even with a car though, I want to find a place close to the venue so that I can walk there. I'd imagine driving around a very unfamiliar city on new years eve wouldn't be the best idea, let alone trying to find parking haha.

As for getting around Sydney, I'm sure our fellow Sydney MSer's could give us a helping hand there *cough* Jodie? Matt? *cough*

Yeh ive been to Enmore before a couple of times, but only by car. There is NO way im going to bother taking one this time, not with NY traffic and the venue has no parking besides streets (which will fill up hours before gig). Unless you can park you car there that morning maybe, and walk around, i really dont see a point in driving. So ill be training from probably Hornsby to Strathfield, changing line to get off at Newtown (this is if my mate will let us crash at his folks place, he hasnt gotten back to me yet).

As for being a guide (Jodie isnt from Sydney, she doesnt know where anything is lol) and know the northernmost parts because thats where i was from, this area pf Sydney im not that familiar with - Ive prob been there like 3 times in total. Of the inner city, i know the Wynyard / Town Hall area the most, which isnt much help LOL. Ill take my car GPS again and walk around with it (worked well last time lol).

We should plan a meet up before 5pm, maybe for a late lunch or something. God knows where though... we used to do 'metal meets' at Utopia Records when they were at Town Hall area, but they moved to a gay spot that takes ages of walking from Central St. from memory.
01.09.2009 - 06:18
Eternal Flames
Written by Dark Cornatus on 01.09.2009 at 02:50

Yeh ive been to Enmore before a couple of times, but only by car. There is NO way im going to bother taking one this time, not with NY traffic and the venue has no parking besides streets (which will fill up hours before gig). Unless you can park you car there that morning maybe, and walk around, i really dont see a point in driving. So ill be training from probably Hornsby to Strathfield, changing line to get off at Newtown (this is if my mate will let us crash at his folks place, he hasnt gotten back to me yet).

As for being a guide (Jodie isnt from Sydney, she doesnt know where anything is lol) and know the northernmost parts because thats where i was from, this area pf Sydney im not that familiar with - Ive prob been there like 3 times in total. Of the inner city, i know the Wynyard / Town Hall area the most, which isnt much help LOL. Ill take my car GPS again and walk around with it (worked well last time lol).

We should plan a meet up before 5pm, maybe for a late lunch or something. God knows where though... we used to do 'metal meets' at Utopia Records when they were at Town Hall area, but they moved to a gay spot that takes ages of walking from Central St. from memory.

I managed to book accommodation near the venue so I'll just end up walking to the Enmore. Turned out a bit dearer than I hoped but it's probably still better than either trying to drive to the venue and finding parking on both days or trying to work out Sydney's public transport system

I like the idea of meeting up before the gig though since it will probably be packed and impossible to find everyone around the time doors open.
01.09.2009 - 08:11
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Eternal Flames on 01.09.2009 at 06:18

Written by Dark Cornatus on 01.09.2009 at 02:50

I managed to book accommodation near the venue so I'll just end up walking to the Enmore. Turned out a bit dearer than I hoped but it's probably still better than either trying to drive to the venue and finding parking on both days or trying to work out Sydney's public transport system

I like the idea of meeting up before the gig though since it will probably be packed and impossible to find everyone around the time doors open.

Yeh the prices are double from memory? Like 200 a night for most places because of NY. What place are you staying at?

My friend is cool with us staying at his place, so thats good. Only problem is the hour long train trip home.

Yeh we will never find each other once there, especially when you cant make phone calls or notice sms messages. We can organize that closer to the date i guess.

I still dont understand why they booked the Enmore for this event, its a good venue (yet about 100 years old) for small - medium sized gigs i guess but a bit small for an event this big (one stage with all those lineup changes???? The sounds checks??? *shudders*. They will surely have to find somewhere bigger next time they put it on, somewhere with more facilities such as parking, etc, like The Roundhouse at UNSW.
01.09.2009 - 11:41
Eternal Flames
Yeah, roughly around $200 a night. I was planning on staying like 3-4 nights but all the places I called up had a 7 night minimum stay, so I figured I'd just go with that. Was getting frustrating calling so many places up so I settled with some lodge down King St. Name escapes me at the moment. But anyway, it's probably worthwhile spending a few more days up there to visit the rest of Sydney considering it's been quite a long time since I've been up there.

As for the venue, they probably decided to go with something smaller to see how it works out and depending on the response they might move it to a bigger venue next year. Raiden and I were discussing it a while ago, but it'd be nice if they end up moving the festival to an outdoor venue if they have it on again next year. It would be quite an experience I think.
01.09.2009 - 15:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
This seems to be pretty darn good!
----
03.09.2009 - 09:46
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I think I'll brave the parking in Sydney Surely there are $10 per day parking complexes or whatever?
----
- Bruce Dickinson

09.09.2009 - 14:03
M/ cannot fucking wait m/
26.10.2009 - 16:18
Finaly got my ticket , thank fuck !!! Looks like there is gonna be a number of Metal Storm Aussie Regulars there . This is gonna be the besy NYE EVER !!!!
----
THE VENOM TEARS MY SPINE
08.11.2009 - 16:20
FerretallicA
Anyone heading to Melbourne afterwards for the Edguy/Cynic shows and interested in carpooling for an epic road trip?

Hits total: 11617 | This month: 7