Metal Storm logo
Satyricon

Original post

Posted by matos, 19.07.2006 - 18:44
No official Satyricon thread ?!? ok here it is !
I don't want to write a wide monologue about how i feel about the band, so i'll just give you the short version:
Satyricon: you should all know them! they've been my favourite band for quite a long time, it's hard to decide which album attracts me the most, but i'd say it's DMT. Many people don't like their later material (after Nemesis Devina), but come on Rebel Extravaganza is also a masterpiece, the main problem about this album is that it comes after their legendary 3rd album - Nemesis Devina. But i'd call RE a great example of moderen black metal that is not yet sell-out. About Vulcano - yeah, it's not that good album, but still there are some good songs to be found on it. After this album we all hoped that Satyricon would return to their roots, but they turned in totally different direction- towards mtv
So i guess that is a fatal downfall, for the Kings of Black metal

Sad ending of a story... But i have i wonderful news for my Slovenian friends! I've heared Satyricon are coming to Slovenia this autumn!! (sorce: http://www.rockthenation.at/index.php?id=37)
12.07.2007 - 16:03
APOHAKC
The Bard
Just three more days till Satyricon, I can't wait to see Satyr and co for the very first time (although I saw Frost with 1349). Can't wait to see what songs they will play and to hear that sound.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.07.2007 - 18:22
Hyvaarin
Satyricon are so fucking good live, you're in for a real treat. The new material, even if you hate the recordings, sounds massively powerful.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
12.07.2007 - 18:23
APOHAKC
The Bard
I like 'Now Diabolical', it is good album, I used to hate it, but after couple additional listenings I really found myself in it, I am looking forward to hear new and old songs both

You really cheered me up now
----
16.07.2007 - 18:46
APOHAKC
The Bard
I saw them last night, it was really amazing. They played most of the new songs, but they sounded extremely good alive, and I must admit I liked them more than old songs. From the older ones they played only few from Nemesis Divina, one from Volcano and one from The Shadowthrone (no Vkingland lol ) Satyr is awesome alive, and although I already saw Frost few times he is still amazing me with his insane druming..

And yes, keyboard player - yummy lol
----
20.07.2007 - 21:25
APOHAKC
The Bard
Two videos from Serbian show... WARNING - BAD QUALITY

Satyricon - Mother North

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6g_ljm5Rks

Satyricon - K.I.N.G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sNNu6Wu3Uw
----
11.08.2007 - 23:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does that almoust nacked woman in Satyricon videos Moter North and Fuel The Hatred are same thay looks like one
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.08.2007 - 23:19
Olli
Ahh, satyricon. Satyrs vocals are incredible, i really love them, one of my favourite vocalists ever. I like all of their albums, but the latest album seems to have lost a little bit of something that made the earlier albums great.
Still, definetly worth a listen.:thumbup:
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
11.08.2007 - 23:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Olli on 11.08.2007 at 23:19

Ahh, satyricon. Satyrs vocals are incredible, i really love them, one of my favourite vocalists ever. I like all of their albums, but the latest album seems to have lost a little bit of something that made the earlier albums great.
Still, definetly worth a listen.:thumbup:

First 2 albums wa smasteripce after band well maybe its good but somehow thay sound smore like garage punk how BM, I love old kvlt niordic BM what thay criate in first 2 hehe
----

apos;'
[image]
15.08.2007 - 21:36
mankvill
Kings of black metal, Satyricon are not.
15.08.2007 - 22:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by BV on 19.07.2007 at 03:29

I really never was very interested in Satyricon. I don't know why their new stuff doesn't appeal to me, and the old stuff doesn't appeal to me. I think the only release i can listen to is the split with Enslaved.

Amusing.

I'm a huge Enslaved fan and feel so-so towards Satyricon... and I actually prefer the Satyricon side of that split.

Aside from that, most releases have a track or three I like, and I am fairly ambivalent towards the rest of the tracks.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.08.2007 - 17:10
APOHAKC
The Bard
Satyricon always recorded three tracks on one release (demo, split), and then seven, mostly on albums, that is weird, they gave up from that now though
----
18.08.2007 - 18:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Blood Red Moon - Same with me, I mean, I love old albums, but right now, I prefer Now Diabolical, it is awesome album, although I used to hate it.
----
21.08.2007 - 12:46
vusza
I agree with Soulreaper - Rebel Extravaganza is a masterpiece. And not any kind of masterpiece. It's a goth killing machine to be honest, heh'. Satyr always claimed that they truly hate anything 'gothic', and they got upset that the whole bm scene was getting mellow at that time, so they recorded R.E. with that concept.
----
No guts, no glory.
24.08.2007 - 19:51
Warman
Erotic Stains
I listened through my old Dark Medieval Times again last night. How I love that album! The title song is just insane and so beautiful in all ways!
----
26.08.2007 - 03:49
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, but the middle part on acoustic guitars and keys are... grand!
----
28.08.2007 - 23:52
matos
oh yes! i remember how it was when i first listened to DMT... it was love at first sight this album is still on my top 3
----
28.08.2007 - 23:57
matos
Written by APOHAKC on 16.07.2007 at 18:46

I saw them last night, it was really amazing. They played most of the new songs, but they sounded extremely good alive, and I must admit I liked them more than old songs. From the older ones they played only few from Nemesis Divina, one from Volcano and one from The Shadowthrone (no Vkingland lol ) Satyr is awesome alive, and although I already saw Frost few times he is still amazing me with his insane druming..

And yes, keyboard player - yummy lol

was that on exit festival ?
and yes i agree they play new songs way better that old ones. i don't know if that's good or bad, but i kinda like it. i also agree about keyboard player
----
29.08.2007 - 00:25
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yup, that was on stupid Exit festival, I took ticket only for that night, I came, saw Satyricon, and went into Novi Sad to get drunk.
----
04.09.2007 - 05:16
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 15.08.2007 at 22:47

I really never was very interested in Satyricon. I don't know why their new stuff doesn't appeal to me, and the old stuff doesn't appeal to me. I think the only release i can listen to is the split with Enslaved.

Amusing.

I'm a huge Enslaved fan and feel so-so towards Satyricon... and I actually prefer the Satyricon side of that split.

Aside from that, most releases have a track or three I like, and I am fairly ambivalent towards the rest of the tracks.

That split isa pretty weak by both sides if you ask me...

Going back to Satyricon, I had caught the taste for Now, Diabolical lately... its strength is simply superb, the vocals ripping and it has much balls than 99% of black metal nowadays, especially now that is so trendy that übershit called "depressive black metal"... black meets nu-metal.... so what??
06.09.2007 - 00:33
matos

Amusing.

Maybe you should give the shadowthrone one more listen, i think it's the most Enslaved-like album
----
06.09.2007 - 00:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by matos on 06.09.2007 at 00:33

Amusing.

Maybe you should give the shadowthrone one more listen, i think it's the most Enslaved-like album

Oh, I have listened - I own "Shadowthrone", "Ten Horns Ten Diadems", "Volcano", and "Nemesis Divina" - I've listened to each on their own merits and none has really gripped me like Enslaved has. I want to like them, but they just haven't clicked properly for me.

Some songs get me going, "Filthgrinder" and "Dawn of a New Age" come to mind - but too many of their songs do nothing for me.

They are good at what they do, they just do not connect with me.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.09.2007 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had quasten
IN MA are written about Dark Medieval Times
''First pressings have in the back only the frames with pics of Satyr and Frost
and the name of the band and the album, without any other text and without bar
code. The booklet doesn't have any lyrics included, nor does the official band
website site the lyrics, leaving the lyrics to this album a total mystery.''

But now there are 4 lyrics

Walk the path of sorrow
In the Devoid of Sorrow
The Air and my Heart full of Luster

Behind the Mountains
Blasphemy to the Gates

Right passed easy Talk
We can wait again walk the Path of Sorrow
Let the Turn of Search bring you away

Ahhhhh!

Two Shades of the Midnight Fire
In the Night Sky
You waiting Child walk with me
Walk by Side of Fall
The Essence to open those Gates
And still we must walk the Path of Sorrow

Dark Medieval Times

The secret Lights in the Sky
Vision
All one
It seems

The Blades are sharpened
They will all learn
Yes, Destroy your Dream
Your Desert of Dreams
It's undeserved
For Dark Medieval Times

Here, upon the Hill
You all find Wisdom

Waiting for a lot of
Endless screaming

Ending

Desert of Dreams
Eternity in your Dreams
Here you are
Dark Medieval Times

Into The Mighty Forest

As I walk
With a Spirit
Into the binding Forest

In Fog and Darkness
I walk
I disappear
Into the mighty Forest

It's beyond the sweet
And tainted Landscapes
The Shadow walking

Your Sanctity
Soughts the Story
Of Generations

Wah!

The Dark castle In Deep Forest

Dark Forest Trees over the Funeral,
All day the Army ride
They moved in deeper
So Dark that they weren't even...
Too lead us passed this wicked Dense
I can fell the Presence of the Shadowthrone in the deepest Dark
When cold Winds Freeze
When Night came and dark Fog came over me
Let that Horde come to me
As they walk right by
When all the Death is near
I wander eternally
Invincible Fog is near
We walk the Fields of War
The Cloak of the Moon it can slip all them through
And the Flame is the Wrath of his Sword

I HAD QuASTEN WTF that dude who edd them get those lyrics and is it real lyrics or ge write em and post
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2007 - 08:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
He probably listened to Satyricon till his ears started bleeding and finally figured it all out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.09.2007 - 10:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 24.09.2007 at 08:56

He probably listened to Satyricon till his ears started bleeding and finally figured it all out.

Thats how I get Judas Priest 'Brtakin The Law' but when I het i net 70% was uncorect
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2007 - 21:54
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A video interview with Satyr conducted at the Exit festival in Novi Sad (Serbia) by Thea (Teodora Bahun) of the TV show "Demo_NS" on RTV Panonija can be viewed at this location.
25.09.2007 - 02:27
juliocb
HAIL NEMESIS DIVINA....MOTHER NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/pic/carpatian_forest_01/$file/carpatian_forest_01.jpg
25.09.2007 - 07:02
Judas
The Amputator
Satyricon's first two albums have some of the thinnest and razor-sharpest guitars around, creating such a cool atmosphere, though I must say that 'Nemesis Divina' is my favourite album, not only because it has 'Mother North' on it, but because it has some of the best (read: worst) band photos I've ever seen in my life that aren't of Immortal. Unfortunately, from that point onwards they never really did anything special for me, I like the music and all but the spark of greatness was lost IMO.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
25.09.2007 - 09:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 25.09.2007 at 07:02

Satyricon's first two albums have some of the thinnest and razor-sharpest guitars around, creating such a cool atmosphere, though I must say that 'Nemesis Divina' is my favourite album, not only because it has 'Mother North' on it, but because it has some of the best (read: worst) band photos I've ever seen in my life that aren't of Immortal. Unfortunately, from that point onwards they never really did anything special for me, I like the music and all but the spark of greatness was lost IMO.

First 3 realises(demo dont counts) are best of band, other its not usless spend money
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2008 - 20:41
NOИ
another true Norwegian black metal band that turned mainstream and shit. never was a big fan, they are ok for the starters of the genre and their fans.
02.03.2008 - 02:19
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i posted this in the dimmu borgir thread as well but:

can anyone else see the similarity in the intro to blood hunger doctrine by dimmu borgir and KING by satyricon?? or is it just me? i find them extremely similar...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains