04. Mysteria
05. Avantasia
06. King Of Fools
07. Out Of Control

Heavy metal / Power metal
Nuclear Blast
Germany
Length: CD1 47:46 / CD2 50:20

Edguy have grown over the years from being a young metal band, to one of the best power metal bands in the world, to a band with a frontman with a huge ego that thinks anything with the Edguy name on it will be lapped up like gold dust. Fucking With F*** is certainly no gold dust.

This is a double live album recorded in São Paulo, Brazil and showcases absolutely no good side of Edguy at all. The band have recently put out two bland, mediocre albums, but Fucking With F*** was recorded after the Rocket Ride album. It contains a lot of songs from that album, but also frustratingly the songs from the better albums are the blandest ones from them.

The band play well, although Tobi's vocals do seem to waver in a few places, and certainly before the end of the hour and forty minute marathon his voice does start to become terribly tedious. This is not helped by in between each song he is making the audience cheer and follow his lead and all the other tricks that have been done by Rob Halford and many before for years and years. It's always good to hear the audience, and they are certainly in fine voice here, but Tobi never sounds comfortable on stage. He always sounds desperate to keep the noise rolling for the live recording, as if the louder they shout the more sales the album will rake in. Power metal is supposed to be fun with all the sing-alongs, but it seems like each song the audience are being hounded into doing something.

If an Edguy fan was set the task of writing up a live setlist, it would look nothing like this. Normally you can say Album X is still one that will please the fanatics, but even the most hardcore Edguy fans will probably have a hard time making themselves like Fucking With F***. There is simply too much of it. One disc would have been enough with less fooling around with the audience and just a selection of the strongest songs.

Okay, so there are some good songs on here such as "Babylon" and "Tears Of A Mandrake", but have a look at this list of songs and try not to wonder why they missed out some of your favourites. Looking over the last few years, it seems Edguy have moved away from power metal into bland mediocrity, and this is most evident on this live recording here.

Written on 02.09.2009 by Member of Staff since 2006

Comments

Comments: 47   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 309 users
02.09.2009 - 17:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"look at this list of songs and try not to wonder why they missed out some of your favourites"

they missed none of MY favorites
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.09.2009 - 18:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
What a stupid pathetic album title btw
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2009 - 18:48
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2009 at 18:12

That was the first thing I thought when I saw this title.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.09.2009 - 19:01
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I like the tracklist, only my fav songs... but Im not getting close to this, hate live albuns.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.09.2009 - 19:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Jejeje.. Looks like I'm not the only one who dislikes to overuse the F word.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.09.2009 - 20:41
floydiac
I actually liked the album, though the vocals to get a tad much.

Tobi's manner on stage is the same as it is at any other concert. I think the tracklist is grand, and all this ego stuff is crap. They are doing their own thing musically, and their larger than life persona is supposed to be humerous.
----
!WARNING! May talk shit !WARNING!
02.09.2009 - 22:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Galluskas on 02.09.2009 at 21:50

And just what would be appropriate? This is a great title for a live album. What are you a f*cking black metal fan with no f*cking humor? What should it be called the darkest night when Satan strangled a gardener with his guts? Or the Epic battle between two dragons of steel glory pride and warriors? Are you insane? I assume you don't like the title of the Gamma Ray live dvd either. I think you don't even like power metal. Then why the comment? You just wanted to show off. Great Job you did it Cheers! D*ck. You're Pathetic!
About the review:
I agree it isn't their best live performance and that Tobi's voice is not the best here but 5.5 come on man. I'v seen shit much worse here...
You are also right about Tobi being a gay f*ck in the recent past and ruining Edguy with this new "style". But 6.7 at least!
About the song selection i agree with Ellrohir. I also liked those songs. So thats a thing of taste.
Thats that.
Oh and Vitriolic Hate, Marcel Hubregtse and BloodTears. GET SOME F*CKING HUMOR!!! You need it... really.

Seems like the fanboy got his panties in a knot.
The Gamma Ray dvd had a decent title nothing wrong there.
But calling your album Fucking With F*** is just juvenile pathetic and not even humourous, unless you think jokes about fucking, piss and shit are the epitome of humour.
I don't like power metal in general that's true, but that has nothing to do with it. I DO like US Power and even a lot of Edguy's old stuff. But me not liking an album title has nothing to do with that.
By the way you blew your head off just now it seems like you're the one who needs a sense of humour.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2009 - 22:35
Fat & Sassy!
Elite

And just what would be appropriate? This is a great title for a live album. What are you a f*cking black metal fan with no f*cking humor? What should it be called the darkest night when Satan strangled a gardener with his guts? Or the Epic battle between two dragons of steel glory pride and warriors? Are you insane? I assume you don't like the title of the Gamma Ray live dvd either. I think you don't even like power metal. Then why the comment? You just wanted to show off. Great Job you did it Cheers! D*ck. You're Pathetic!
About the review:
I agree it isn't their best live performance and that Tobi's voice is not the best here but 5.5 come on man. I'v seen shit much worse here...
You are also right about Tobi being a gay f*ck in the recent past and ruining Edguy with this new "style". But 6.7 at least!
About the song selection i agree with Ellrohir. I also liked those songs. So thats a thing of taste.
Thats that.
Oh and Vitriolic Hate, Marcel Hubregtse and BloodTears. GET SOME F*CKING HUMOR!!! You need it... really.

I am nominating this post for the Fail of the Week Award... We have one of those right? >:[
02.09.2009 - 22:47
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite

You're Pathetic! (...) GET SOME F*CKING HUMOR!!! You need it... really.

You want to know what's even more pathetic? Writing "F*ck" when you mean "Fuck". If you want to swear, do it properly or not at all. Just in case you haven't noticed, this isn't MTV.

On topic: "Fucking With F*** - Live" is indeed a non-humorous album title.

End of story. Roll credits.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
02.09.2009 - 22:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
*coughs* Hello fucking everybody, my fucking name's Elio and I'm fucking here to say the fucking title doesn't fucking sucks. Fuck. It is so fucking fun to say fuck. Why don't you fucking people get some fucking humor?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.09.2009 - 23:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hey, all you cool guys here, i have a message directly from Tobias

live with it, anti-flower metal crusaders
----

02.09.2009 - 23:16
The first thing I thought when I heard this was "This guy really needs to visit a psychologist". But well, most of the people (and bands) who are successful at a young age start behaving like little kids when they grow older. Take a look at Children of Bodom nowadays and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Btw, I don't care about the title as long as the music is good.
02.09.2009 - 23:23
silenius
Written by Galluskas on 02.09.2009 at 23:06

I see you people don't seem to get the point.It's not about the word f*ck being funny or not or using it cool or not. Damn. Am i the only one here who thinks it's a bit indecent to just call something pathetic or stupid that some other people might like?

everyone can express whatthey feel, they dont have to give a flying rats ass about what youre point of view is, if you ask me, its a pathetic name for an album and no, i dont hate power metal, pretantious fucks i hate, but not power metal, so pull that big stick out of youre as and deal with the opinions other people have.
02.09.2009 - 23:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The problem is, boys from Edguy dont mean it at all unlike some other bands...but some people here are too serious for funny bands...
----

02.09.2009 - 23:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 02.09.2009 at 23:43

The problem is, boys from Edguy dont mean it at all unlike some other bands...but some people here are too serious for funny bands...

Although they try to be funny they are not funny. Please a song such as Lavatory Love Machine is totally not funny.
Loads of bands try to be funny but as it turns out they are musicians and not comedians. And this espcially refers to Germans."
There is a universal riddle/joke which holds a lot of truth to it. "Question: What is the thinnest book of humour in the world? Answer: The German book of humour."

Zimmershole, however, now they ARE funny.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2009 - 00:06
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Looks like SOMEONE was embarrassed by their ridiculous posts. :/
03.09.2009 - 00:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2009 at 23:47

Although they try to be funny they are not funny.

in your eyes maybe...
----

03.09.2009 - 00:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 03.09.2009 at 00:22

Although they try to be funny they are not funny.

in your eyes maybe...

Not only in mine Actually, in the eyes of many people, and I am also talking about people who like this sort of power metal.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2009 - 00:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well, be it then...but for me Edguy are fine, their music is fine and title of this album is fine...end of discussion
----

03.09.2009 - 00:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 03.09.2009 at 00:26

Well, be it then...but for me Edguy are fine, their music is fine and title of this album is fine...end of discussion

Looking at the title over and over again, it doesn't even make sense on semantic level.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2009 - 01:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I believe this "F***" stands for "Fire"...and try to argue with me on that
----

03.09.2009 - 01:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 03.09.2009 at 01:04

I believe this "F***" stands for "Fire"...and try to argue with me on that

it can also stand for "Fans"
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2009 - 01:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But i dont know many Edguy fans who have problem with this DVD
----

03.09.2009 - 05:12
I love Edguy. They don't themselves seriously. Fans don't take them seriously. The only people who do are the people who hate them.

But live albums usually suck so I'm not touching this. Thanks mr reviewer!
03.09.2009 - 07:14
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Elio on 02.09.2009 at 22:52

*coughs* Hello fucking everybody, my fucking name's Elio and I'm fucking here to say the fucking title doesn't fucking sucks. Fuck. It is so fucking fun to say fuck. Why don't you fucking people get some fucking humor?

Shhh, they will hear you, remember the staff doesn't like the F word, they will come for you

On topic: I lost confidence in Edguy a long time ago, nothing like their first album, THAT was Power Metal. They just lost their touch, at least IMO.

BTW, I found the name hilarious, yes, I'm simple as that.

@Ellrohir: You made my day with those pics hahaha
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
03.09.2009 - 09:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Wow Baz, you seem to be really sour lately...or do you just keep getting bad albums?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.09.2009 - 12:59
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Doc G. on 03.09.2009 at 09:52

Wow Baz, you seem to be really sour lately...or do you just keep getting bad albums?

Hahaha, I wondered if anyone would think that. The last reviews are just the ones that I'd had lying around for a while, I'm all up to date now.
My next reviews will be generally positive (with the odd exception). I don't know how many people actually know about the reviews queue we have going, but you can see the upcoming albums I have in my hands to review here.
03.09.2009 - 13:24
Needled
Dudes.. I facepalmed so many times at people who discuss the album title, even showed it to a friend - he didn't get the fucking joke and said 'how are they so dumb to put such an album title'. I don't really think its so funny but hell how can anyone find it offensive? So I explained it to him - the censored word is "fire" and the >funny< thing is that they censored "fire" but not "fucking". Damn it I can't fucking explain it to myself - how can a person think they actually meant "fucking with fuck" -.-
03.09.2009 - 13:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Needled on 03.09.2009 at 13:24

how can a person think they actually meant "fucking with fuck" -.-

i asked the same...
----

03.09.2009 - 16:20
VPeter

Written by Ellrohir on 02.09.2009 at 23:43

Although they try to be funny they are not funny. Please a song such as Lavatory Love Machine is totally not funny.
Loads of bands try to be funny but as it turns out they are musicians and not comedians. And this espcially refers to Germans."
There is a universal riddle/joke which holds a lot of truth to it. "Question: What is the thinnest book of humour in the world? Answer: The German book of humour."

I have to agree with you there. Edguy once again stereotypes that Germans have a terrible sense of humor. The band name already is terrible "Edguy" really?

Hits total: 9059 | This month: 7