Metal Storm logo
Howard Bloom

27.07.2010 - 03:32
Edmund Fogg
Alright.I am pretty sure most of you already knows this guy.Iwould like to know what you think of him(his perception of the world and humans in general not his work in the music buisness).For those unfamilliar with him.He his a science author that really messes with your brain.He already has 3 books under his belt: The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition Into The Forces Of History, Global Brain: The Evolution of Mass Mind from the Big Bang to the 21st Century and The Genius of the Beast: A Radical re-Vision of Capitalism.I am half way trough Global Brain right now and it is really provocative research and observations he is doing.So what do you guys think?
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
28.07.2010 - 22:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I only know of The Lucifer Principle due to it being the name of a Dutch death metal band that has a contrabass. Yes, they took the bandname from the book title
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.07.2010 - 00:41
Edmund Fogg
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.07.2010 at 22:32

I only know of The Lucifer Principle due to it being the name of a Dutch death metal band that has a contrabass. Yes, they took the bandname from the book title

Funny.Well it's a provocative title for sure.I highly reccomend you to read it.I know science books can be hard to digest sometimes but the way Bloom writes is so fast paced you feel more like reading a story rather then the results of countless observations.And the results well it will pretty much mess with your head and make you rethink everything you knew about human and animal behavior.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan