Metal Storm logo
Arcade Fire

03.08.2010 - 00:16
Detric
King Of Twilight
Anyone like this band? They have a new album coming out tomorrow called The Suburbs. I think they are pretty damn good.
04.08.2010 - 13:41
Elio
Red Nightmare
I don't like them much, I have listened to the new album just yesterday and I wasn't impressed.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.08.2010 - 18:55
ß
Problem?
I haven't listened to them in the longest time. I really should start again, I remember listening to their first release Funeral and thought it was great. I don't know why but it seems like Canada produces a shit load of indie bands.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
05.08.2010 - 23:59
the stranger
Arcade Fire is one of the greatest bands ever. Their sound is pretty unique and mesmerizing. Though I have never seen them live, their live videos are musical orgies. They play with authentic passion and a lot of heart. Their two first albums are masterpieces, both Neon Bible & Funeral, being Funeral one of the best releases ever. Hearing that album from beggining to end is something I do pretty regularly. The lyrics of the songs are also excellent. Especially Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) and Wake Up. I highly recommend this band to anybody that likes music in general as most people I know like (and love) the band, but most metalheads (and I mean people who only listen to metal and things similar to metal) won't like Arcade Fire as it has ocurred to me when I had some friends listen to it.
Even though their music is pretty simple, playing it is fantastic. You feel like a nice, tender emotion and it flows, and flows the more you play it. I play bass, hence I like a lot to play Rebellion (Lies), Neighborhood #3 (Power Out), No Cars Go, the aforementioned Tunnels & Wake Up. Also, almost all Arcade Fire songs are really uplifting, the most of them all is Wake Up. Try to look on Youtube the version with David Bowie. If you look hard enough the audience, you will see Cindy Lauper singing her heart out.
So, after all I've said, if you don't know them and have a musical taste wide enough, go listen to this band.
06.08.2010 - 19:03
the stranger
Yesterday, Youtube broadcasted live a concert of the band on Madison Square Garden, directed by Terry Gilliam. As usual, the band delivered one hell of a performance. The only problem was that the audience appeared to be dead until midway through the concert. Also, yesterday I've heard the new album twice. It is good, has it moments, but it haven't quite get me yet. Anyway, the same thing happened to me with the previous two releases. So, I'll be listening to this a lot more and then I'll come back and share thoughts about it.
07.08.2010 - 02:36
Detric
King Of Twilight
I think the new album is a masterpiece. Songs like Rococo, Half Light I, Suburban War and We Used to Wait is why this is band is becoming one of my favourites ever.
08.08.2010 - 06:01
the stranger
Written by Detric on 07.08.2010 at 02:36

I think the new album is a masterpiece. Songs like Rococo, Half Light I, Suburban War and We Used to Wait is why this is band is becoming one of my favourites ever.

After the only 2 listens I've given to the album, those songs are the ones that I remember most. Especially We Usted To Wait.
28.09.2010 - 04:33
the stranger
But after many more listens, Ready To Start & We Used To Wait stand out of an outstanding album. Hopefully I will see them live before I die.
30.11.2010 - 20:13
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
This album definitely is a grower. I don't know whether it comes from the openness of the music or simply from the addictive melodies but I love it more on each listen. At a first glance it seems like pretty simple music and it really isn't that complex by no means but the songwriting skills are overwhelming. One of the highlights of 2010, no doubt about it. Although I sometimes can't get past the first song because I like the second one much less.