Metal Storm logo
Blabbermouth.net

04.09.2006 - 21:22
Asat0r
Is it just me, or is everybody, including the reviewers, on blabbermouth.net fucking idiots? Every post I have ever read from a member is complete idiocy. Every band sucks to them unless it's some nu metal shit. I enjoy going to Blabbermouth, just for the news, but I'm starting to get a really bad taste for the site. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
04.09.2006 - 21:33
Damnated
Churchburner
I never read a review there, and not intending to. I always read the comments to the news, and yes, it's full of idiots. But I guees there're no moderators, that's why.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.09.2006 - 22:02
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Blabbermouth.net sucks!

Their reviews are highly subjective (reviews may be subjective but still have to reach a certain level of objectivity IMO. You have to re-view the album/DVD with a fresh and open mind. And that's certainly not the case at Blabbermouth.net), and therefore useless and therefore incredibly worthless.

And don't even get me started on their news-page. Blabbermouth.net post the most useless and worthless crap I have ever seen. The entering place of an album in the Billboard Charts is hardly to be called news, same with gossip about band members (fe Behemoth's drummer twisting his ankle...) and so on. The sensation level of the reports are sometimes more important than the message itself, Blabbermouth.net is therefore more a gossip website in my eyes. Some stories aren't even checked and officially confirmed (by this I mean by bands or band websites). "News reports" contain partly facts that re already posted and are therefore partly a repeat of earlier posts...

My advice : stay the hell away from Blabber-freaken-mouth.net !!

And please, to all, quit copying news from Blabbermouth.net, this isn't a reliable source!! And, again, most of the facts are hardly to be called news. Don't forget MS wants news, not gossipping or bullshit
----
Your favorite band sucks.
05.09.2006 - 04:14
Asat0r
@ Thryce
I couldn't agree with you more, but still I do like some of the news stuff they do. A lot of it is useless bullshit, but occasionaly they'll post something worth reading.
05.09.2006 - 04:28
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Hmm, I looked at the last few reviews on Blabbermouth (new Vader, Audioslave, Deicide, Lamb Of God, Slayer) and they were all pretty much spot on, with the exception of Slayer, which got too high a rating (to be expected on a metal website). So unless you can show me a review that is indeed crappy, I dont think I agree with you.
05.09.2006 - 04:29
LethargyMan
The comments are always good for a chuckle.

IMO WAT ARE YOU SAYNG ABOUT SLAYER SLAYIER IS BEST BLACK METAL BAND EVAR!!!!!!
DIACIDE IS JUST A BUNCH OF POSERS!!!!

MESHUGGAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually browse the headlines, and find their reviews adequate enough... it used to be the only Metal site I perused. But then I started going to MetalStorm to regain my sanity.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
05.09.2006 - 08:38
Asat0r
@ jupitreas
I wasn't talking about just the reviews, my problem with the reviews though, is they seem to be very subjective. My main problem is the members of the site. Every post I read is total idiocy.
05.09.2006 - 19:08
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
@ jupitreas : well I think the following two reviews (both Iron Maiden, but when I remember some others and have some more time, I'll post them too) are pretty crappy.

The first one about "A Matter Of Life And Death" is still pretty decent (for Blabbermouth terms). By this I mean the guy knows what he's talking about, but between the lines you taste the highly subjective opinion. Obviously the guy has listened to the album only twice or so and didn't let it grow on him...

But the second one about "Brave New World" is even worse. This guy mentions only two songs (of ten) and in the same sentence. IMO this review is too short and too superificial to deserve to be called a nice review.

I'm not saying all reviews are bad, but like I mentioned above, they're just a bit too subjective IMO... (but I guess you're right if you say MS Guest Reviews are also highly subjetice)
----
05.09.2006 - 19:08
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Reviews are supposed to be subjective, that is the whole point of them... Review = well documented opinion.
05.09.2006 - 19:32
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by jupitreas on 05.09.2006 at 19:08

Reviews are supposed to be subjective, that is the whole point of them... Review = well documented opinion.

I understand, but with the review of Brave New World it's not the case IMO. He describes "Brave New World is a virtual masterpiece, its every track echoing the group's finest moments from the '80s. ". But the doesn't say why and doesn't give examples with songs or so. He's just superficial and global. And he doens't even describe the songs!! He doesn't even give his opinion about the songs, just about the global feeling he has about the album. He just mentions "Nomad" and "Ghost of the Navigator" for confirming Iron Maiden ahs made long songs on the album. Well bravo, but I don't need a review to see that...

Like I already said, "reviews may be subjective but still have to reach a certain level of objectivity IMO. You have to re-view the album/DVD with a fresh and open mind. And that's certainly not the case at Blabbermouth.net"
----
06.09.2006 - 02:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
jeez I can't stand that site. 90% of Blabbermouth users are fucking biased morons who constantly spam. Sometimes the comments are funny, but most of the time they just make me mad. Also, the headlines are misleading...even false. I remember a headline, "Tom Araya Wants To Sue Demiricous," and after opening it I found out that he was completely joking and it was taken out of context because he didn't even directly say it.
06.09.2006 - 04:13
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
I find that the site is a pretty good source of metal news, even though i agree that sometimes they post irrelevant shit and often takes things out of context (i remember that Araya/Demiricous topic).

And although i dont post on it, i love reading the comments by the users...theyre just too funny.
06.09.2006 - 09:06
Asat0r
I agree, the comments are sometimes so out there that they're pretty funny. But most of the time they just piss me off.
06.09.2006 - 11:59
CianideDeath
Account deleted
Just look at the reviews and laugh, I bet most of the comments are people acting the part. If it isn't then may god help us all
06.09.2006 - 12:19
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
It makes us appreciate the community we have here even more.
06.09.2006 - 17:54
Asat0r
True, the Metalstorm community is great, that's why I've been coming here for the past four years, and never joined Blabbermouth.
07.09.2006 - 18:35
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by [user id=5619] on 06.09.2006 at 04:13

I find that the site is a pretty good source of metal news, even though i agree that sometimes they post irrelevant shit and often takes things out of context (i remember that Araya/Demiricous topic).
[...]

Errm, NO! Blabbermouth is the most unreliable source for metal news ever! You know, sometimes they even make stories up based on false rumours, or out of their context. They also frequently post unconfirmed news...

True, they post a lot of news, but the quality is very low. And most of the time, the interesting stories can also be found elsewhere, so I use other sources for metal news. I would never use blabbermouth as a source.
----
08.09.2006 - 05:47
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Written by Thryce on 07.09.2006 at 18:35

Written by [user id=5619] on 06.09.2006 at 04:13

[...]

Errm, NO! Blabbermouth is the most unreliable source for metal news ever! You know, sometimes they even make stories up based on false rumours, or out of their context. They also frequently post unconfirmed news...

True, they post a lot of news, but the quality is very low. And most of the time, the interesting stories can also be found elsewhere, so I use other sources for metal news. I would never use blabbermouth as a source.

I find that it is reliable for things that are easily dismissable as impossible to be a rumor, such as "Vader posts new song on internet" or something like that. Of course, the site has to be read cautiously becuase you never know whats official and what not, but whatever.
09.09.2006 - 18:34
Stigmatized
I don't know the site, but it does seem like I see quite a bit of news posted on MS that was taken from Blabbermouth.....strange.
29.09.2006 - 08:27
LethargyMan
Thought this was relevant:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET: Cleaning Up The Crap - Sep. 28, 2006

As you may have noticed, there has been a lower-than-usual number of comments below each story on BLABBERMOUTH.NET for the last couple of weeks. The reason for this is simple: We are in the process of cleaning up the countless abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic and threatening comments that have been posted on this site since the "comments" feature was implemented back in early 2002. That also means that anyone posting such comments going forward will be immediately and permanently banned.

You can still voice your opinion and you are welcome to be as honest as you wish to be. However, calling musicians whose music you don't like "faggots," making racist remarks and threatening other people on this site who happen to disagree with your views is not something that will be tolerated.

For the time being, the sign-up feature on BLABBERMOUTH.NET is disabled and will remain so until we have cleaned up the comments database and are satisfied that most of the troublemakers are dealt with appropriately.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You can also help us by reporting any instance of these rules being violated going forward.

Damnit! They're cutting back on the slanderously idiotic commentary! Now I can only bash blabbermouth for their poor news verification... as if that actually mattered.

Think this is gonna last?

Do you even care?... probably not.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
01.10.2006 - 06:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I"m going to try and see how long it takes before I get banned.
01.10.2006 - 08:34
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 01.10.2006 at 06:44

I"m going to try and see how long it takes before I get banned.

Yeah, it's better to do it on Blabbermouth than on here, I must say. If someone were to be banned on Metal Storm, they might as well be banned from the greatest metal site on the internets, and that would be very very bad... unless the person deserved it. *cough*Dreamwar*cough*
02.10.2006 - 04:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yay it took me a couple of days, but I'm now banned!!!

I said unkind things about Dani Filth
02.10.2006 - 20:07
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Eddie on 06.09.2006 at 12:19

It makes us appreciate the community we have here even more.

couldnt agree more
the thing i hate msot on there is people leaving stupid comments shouting abuse at each other and all of the bands
i cant stand it, it frustrates me so much so i try not to look at them
this site is just so much better. it makes you appreciate all the moderators, etc. so much more
05.10.2006 - 17:20
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I don't even bother reading the comments. After a day or so of the review or news post being up, they're flooded with 1000+ pointless comments. Why would you bother trawling through that?

Every now and then I'll go through the news posts at blabbermouth. If I see something good I'll check to see if it's on the band's website (it'll be a better post there anyway). That's the problem with them though, they report on anything and everything.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
06.10.2006 - 00:01
GRIGAL
Account deleted
I agree with nearly everyone here - I visit Blabbermouth for the news sometimes but it's amazing how such immature and braindead kids are allowed to ruin the site with their infantile nonsense. On the opposite end of the spectrum is the Metal Storm Fora and it's always a pleasure reading the comments here (+ sometimes leaving my own) even if occasionally I might not agree with opinions expressed.
06.10.2006 - 01:56
Daru Jericho
They've cleaned up their act and now the comments are boring to read. Previously they were good for a laugh but that's just about it. Personally, I enjoy the news on Blabbermouth (the proper non-crap news, that is) for example, when they post tour dates before anyone else they're usually pretty much true and you find out before anyone else, like the Emperor shows and the recent Necrophagist tour.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.