Metal Storm logo
Mubarak, in prison.

14.04.2011 - 00:21
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Mubarak, two sons detained over corruption allegations
04:46 AM Apr 14, 2011

CAIRO - Egypt's ousted President Hosni Mubarak (picture) was put under detention in his hospital room yesterday for investigation on accusations of corruption, abuse of power and killings of protesters in an unprecedented investigation of a former ruler in the Arab world.

On the streets, the dramatic detention of Mr Mubarak brought celebrations from the movement that drove him from office.

The detention came hours after Mr Mubarak, 82, was hospitalised on Tuesday evening with heart problems in Sharm El Sheikh, the Red Sea resort where he and his family have been living since his fall from power.

Mr Mubarak's two sons, Gamal and Alaa, were also detained for questioning and taken to Cairo's Torah Prison, where most of the top officials of Mubarak's regime - including the former Prime Minister, head of the ruling party and Mr Mubarak's chief of staff - are already languishing, facing similar investigations on corruption.

The move reflected the enormous pressure from the public on the ruling military, which was handed power when Mr Mubarak stepped down on Feb 11. Last Friday, tens of thousands protested in Cairo's central Tahrir Square demanding Mr Mubarak and his family be put on trial, and many in the crowds accused the military of protecting the former President.

On Sunday, Mr Mubarak defended himself in a pre-recorded message saying he had not abused his authority and that investigators were welcome to check over his assets. It was his first address to the people in the two months since his ouster.

Early yesterday, the public prosecutor announced Mr Mubarak was ordered to be put under detention for 15 days for investigation. He was to be flown later in the day to a military hospital outside Cairo, where he would remain in detention, a security official in Sharm El Sheikh said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to talk to the press.

Protesters had pushed hard for Mr Mubarak's prosecution, demanding what they called a clear signal that the corruption that pervaded his nearly 30-year rule would be definitively broken. Public outrage was widespread over allegations that large fortunes were skimmed off by top regime officials through shady deals over the years.

Beyond the anger has been the fear that Mr Mubarak cronies are manoeuvring to regain power as the country tries to work out democratic rule - and that the ruling military was not taking action to prevent them, or was even abetting them.

"I was so happy in the morning when I heard the news," said Mr Ahmed Maher, a co-founder of the April 6 group, one of the movements that led the unprecedented 18-day protest movement against Mubarak.

"All people are very happy because this step reassured them after a period of doubts and stagnation." AP
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
14.04.2011 - 00:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How long hes tays there year half year before he die .... there is no much time left to live
Kadaffi shood be next
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.04.2011 - 00:29
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
All arab leaders should be next
----

14.04.2011 - 01:25
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Saw that, good news indeed!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
14.04.2011 - 07:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zombie on 14.04.2011 at 00:29

yes but I hope they all are yonger hwo Kadaffgi and Mobarak, because jail generaly it means they go to die there, good theyd ie in jail not free, but still at age 80 he might live 1 year not much left to feal suffering in jail if he be 39 years old .... and spend life till 84 in jail
----

14.04.2011 - 07:31
Void_Eater
Account deleted
14.04.2011 - 09:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zombie on 14.04.2011 at 00:29

Agreed! And all corrupt governments should face prosecution too.

This is great news, I really hope all the courage the Egyptian people (including you Ezz! ) showed in removing this dictator pays off with truly democratic elections, and a leader who truly cares about the people they serve. Mubarak should rot in jail for the rest of his days, and his assets seized and given back to the Egyptian people.
14.04.2011 - 10:19
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
@ Bad English: its not important how many years he spends in jail, the important thing is that he is set as an example for any following leader who will come and might 'think' of being corrupted. and the humiliation of dying in jail to me is the best retaliation. i mean, in Egypt we still have the death sentence in effect, however i dont want that old fart to be hanged to death (like Saddam Hussein), i want him to rot in jail as Angelic Storm said.

@ Angelic Storm: Yep i totally agree, but those corrupt governments are not going to prosecute themselves, so if your people dislike their government they should take matters into their own hands and voice their opinion about it, instead of just hoping that they get better ... we can give you tips on how to start a revolution, lol
----

14.04.2011 - 14:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zombie on 14.04.2011 at 10:19
@ Angelic Storm: Yep i totally agree, but those corrupt governments are not going to prosecute themselves, so if your people dislike their government they should take matters into their own hands and voice their opinion about it, instead of just hoping that they get better ... we can give you tips on how to start a revolution, lol

You're kidding right? The British public are too lazy, and lack the balls to start a revolution, more's the pity... lol
14.04.2011 - 18:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

@ Bad English: its not important how many years he spends in jail, the important thing is that he is set as an example for any following leader who will come and might 'think' of being corrupted. and the humiliation of dying in jail to me is the best retaliation. i mean, in Egypt we still have the death sentence in effect, however i dont want that old fart to be hanged to death (like Saddam Hussein), i want him to rot in jail as Angelic Storm said.

Leader can lead when he is yong when he ahs support, if he lost it he will be dead, its dangerose game what they play, I hope clow of Carabian Castro and also big fat clow Chaves, Belarusian clow and Putin + NK leaders be hanget to,
----

14.04.2011 - 20:47
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Angelic Storm on 14.04.2011 at 14:43

You're kidding right? The British public are too lazy, and lack the balls to start a revolution, more's the pity... lol

we weren't much different at the start, but you'll be amazed how many people would join if someone takes the initiative ... the egyptian revolution started with 40,000 protesters in day 1 ... and day 18 there were more than 14,000,000
----

15.04.2011 - 12:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Fuck them, fuck Mubarak, fuck Qaddafi, fuck Ahmadinejad, fuck all the retarded power-mad rulers of the arabic world. i simply cannot state my opinion of them in words of a better caliber. they are lying, hypocritical narcissists who live to see others in pain and themselves and their families in wealth and comfort. it's been the same with every dictator and absolute ruler that ever lived... power corrupts you. they should just rot in jail after a bit of roughing up from the opressed.
16.04.2011 - 09:26
Void_Eater
Account deleted
07.05.2011 - 19:53
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I wish Mubarak would meet Ceaușescu's fate.
i mean, that was COOL !!
----

07.05.2011 - 20:42
0rpheus
A vertical impalement at the middle of Tahrir square would be fair.
----
I would prefer not to.
08.05.2011 - 04:57
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Actually just dropping him in tahrir square among the angry crowds would be more brutal, as he is being torn limb by limb and stomped to death by us hehe
i'd personally bite off his pinky and keep it as a souvenir !
----

08.05.2011 - 19:01
0rpheus
----
I would prefer not to.
01.06.2011 - 04:26
0rpheus
----
I would prefer not to.
02.06.2011 - 00:24
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by 0rpheus on 01.06.2011 at 04:26

Israel plans Mubarak's escape
Seriously!

...and WHY would israel plan Mubarak's escape ?
----

02.06.2011 - 03:23
0rpheus
Written by Zombie on 02.06.2011 at 00:24

...and WHY would israel plan Mubarak's escape ?

I don't know!
But it said that Hussein Salem fled to Israel to implement that plan for fear of revealing more scandals about the deal of exporting the natural gas to Israel, in case Mubarak Interrogated and he also warned Israel of the possibility of the emergence of new information have a serious impact on the Jewish state.
----
I would prefer not to.
02.06.2011 - 22:53
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Relationship is tensioned enough between the egyptian people and the state of israel, i doubt they would make a move like this that would cut off ll ties completely, harboring mubarak is not in anyone's benefit, especially israel.
----

02.06.2011 - 23:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Zombie on 07.05.2011 at 19:53

I wish Mubarak would meet Ceaușescu's fate.
i mean, that was COOL !!

Even though he met his inevitable deserved fate, it was not cool at all how they decided to execute him and the 1989 revolution was as a whole a really dark chapter of romanian history, he was on a show-trial with a hastily convened court with little actual legitimacy. They convicted him of whatever it took to get him executed right then and there, which they did in order to make sure he keeps his mouth shut about what actually happened.

It seems though as the context is not similar at all with the Egyptian revolution, so i say skip the trial, throw Mubarak in a dirty shitty cell first and ask questions later.
02.06.2011 - 23:57
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Legitemicy doesn't belong in revolutions, i'm not bloodthristy or anything.. but suppose Mubarak is set free after a "fair" trial just because there isn't enough evidence or paper-written orders of killing protesters or such.. would this be fair then ? .. the guy surely deserves to be RAPED by a donkey, and everyone knows that... if we just execute him i dont think this would make us savage or dark or anything, its just justice being served. i'm SO against this "normal procedures" and him being trialed normally, he might get away with it especially that he still has alot of supporters (whom he bought off with money or who benefit of the old regime and want it back) so most physical evidence against him (documents and recorded voice commands) have already been destroyed, and most witnesses have been murdered by his secret police ... so, a "fair" trial would not be so fair and could lead to setting him free for lack of evidence.
----

03.06.2011 - 01:19
0rpheus
Today Italy and Russia called for the adoption of an approach leads to the result of a humane and fair trial.
I'm not sure what the hell they are hinting to!
Maybe they saw our discussion about punishment methods like impalement! lol
----
I would prefer not to.