Metal Storm logo
Firewind

18.05.2006 - 04:04
FlareHeart
Here is the Firewind thread! Post your opinions and thoughts here. Personally I really enjoy their music and feel that they aren't as well thought of as they could be. They are a little underrated, but they have a very interesting sound overall, and they are probably one of my top favorite power metal bands at this present time. Positive and negative opinions are all welcome just please remember to explain your posts. Thread is now open for posting!
----
~That which yields is not always weak.~
18.05.2006 - 10:33
Lost One
Account deleted
Not a very original band, but the quality of their releases is rock solid. My favourite album is Forged By Fire, and my favourite songs are Beware The Beast and Tyranny. Bloody brilliant. Gus G. is probably my favourite guitarist of all time!
18.05.2006 - 10:40
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I dont mean to be a negative prick
but im not a big fan, i love their drumming to bits, and the starts to songs are great, i just dont think the vocals and guitar are great compared to other Heavy/Power Metal bands out there like Helstar.
I used to hate them, but i dont mind them a bit, they are just an average band for me.
03.06.2006 - 18:35
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Firewind - New Video Complete, Release Dates For Single And Album In Greece Pushed Forward :

Firewind recently shot a video for the song 'Falling To Pieces' - taken from their new Allegiance album - with acclaimed Swedish producer Patric Ullaeus (Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir). According to the band's official website the video is now complete. It was shot at the Revolver Ranch in Sweden and on the streets of New York City.

In other news, the release of the 'Falling To Pieces' single in Greece has been moved to June 13th instead of the 19th. The album will be released in Greece on July 10th and in the rest of Europe on July 24th.

The Allegiance track list is as follows: 'Allegiance', 'Insanity', ' Falling To Pieces', 'Ready To Strike', 'Breaking The Silence' [Featuring Tara), 'Deliverance', 'Till The End of Time', 'Dreamchaser', 'Before The Storm', 'The Essence', 'Where Do We Go From Here?'

The album artwork can be viewed here. A new band photo is at this location.

(Source : http://www.firewind.gr)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.06.2006 - 00:12
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Myeah, they may not be very original, but they still rock to me
Powermetal is soooooooooooo nice !
04.06.2006 - 01:39
hottercraft
Oh yeah, Firewind is a great band!!! But I think they're underrated and usually unknown... Yeah, they make really brilliant Power Metal. Listen "Tyranny", fuckin masterpiece!!!
30.06.2006 - 07:11
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Ugh, well I know first listens of CDs are bad to judge a disc on, but the new CD, "Allegience," just is not sitting well with me. All the energetic riffs are gone, it's just standard mainstream friendly power metal. And too much female vocals for its own good. Anyone else hear it yet?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
30.06.2006 - 20:32
Daru Jericho
They're a good band. They're worth listening to if you want a break from conventional power metal vocals. Gus G does some good stuff for them.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

09.07.2006 - 18:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like them, I had seen one video and its great, maybe because its based on greek myts, and some mambers are greeks, so its one of best power metal bands, better how Scandinavian for shore, so great band, guitsrs, drums, voice are more agresive how for axample Stratovarius and co... its like agresive power metal yeahhh
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.07.2006 - 21:51
F1R3PR00F
Account deleted
I'm a huge fan of Gus G, but Firewind's latest album just didn't do it for me. It was a little overdone in many areas, including the guitar work, and overall it just wasn't a solid album. However, i still get down with 'Between heaven and Hell' every once in a while.
11.07.2006 - 11:21
Hyvaarin
Written by hottercraft on 04.06.2006 at 01:39

Oh yeah, Firewind is a great band!!! But I think they're underrated and usually unknown... Yeah, they make really brilliant Power Metal. Listen "Tyranny", fuckin masterpiece!!!

Haha, a masterpiece of stupid lyrics.

"We're fighting for democracyyy!"
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
11.07.2006 - 20:12
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
@Hyvaarin, lol well I don't think the lyrics the song "Tyranny" or much of the other tracks on that CD are intellectual, but damn, it should sounds good while he's singing it! It's just too bad the new CD only has a few songs worth singing along with (Dreamchaser)... I'd have to say that it seems that Gus G.'s guitarwork and songwriting may have passed its prime IMO....
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.07.2006 - 04:10
HvyMetalMustangs
Account deleted
I love the new cd (Allegiance). It's just about the only think I'm listening to right now. Love Power Metal!!!!!

Heavy Metal & Mustangs Out!
14.07.2006 - 06:56
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I don't mind this band. I have their 'Forged By Fire' album, and it's a decent release. I find this band to be a more Heavier band than some melody-filled Power Metal that you get. I like most Power Metal though. I remember hearing the song 'Kill To Live' last year, and it seemed a little 'out there'. The vocals and guitar work are quite nice, and sometimes the vocals can hint harshness, which sounds good. Overall not a bad band.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
05.08.2006 - 16:27
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Jason W. on 30.06.2006 at 07:11

Ugh, well I know first listens of CDs are bad to judge a disc on, but the new CD, "Allegience," just is not sitting well with me. All the energetic riffs are gone, it's just standard mainstream friendly power metal. And too much female vocals for its own good. Anyone else hear it yet?

Just listened to 'Allegience' today and I wasn't impressed...the first track 'Allegience' was really great but the rest was just average and one or two were...well...bad. Haven't heard any of their older works, but if it's like the Allegience-track I'm pretty sure I'll like it.
Do they have a website or something...haven't been able to find it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.08.2006 - 19:45
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by GT on 05.08.2006 at 16:27

Written by Jason W. on 30.06.2006 at 07:11

Just listened to 'Allegience' today and I wasn't impressed...the first track 'Allegience' was really great but the rest was just average and one or two were...well...bad. Haven't heard any of their older works, but if it's like the Allegience-track I'm pretty sure I'll like it.
Do they have a website or something...haven't been able to find it

I would suggest going to this page, the band's profile on Century Media... it's got some samples and even a video for the song "Tyranny". I hope you'll find something you like

http://www2.centurymedia.com/index.aspx?page=detailed_artist&id_artist=126
----
05.08.2006 - 21:52
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
GUS G!!!!!

The man is gorgeous, and one of my top favourite guitar players in metal. What's not to love?

Back to business, hehehe. I have heard several songs from their new album and I'm really excited to hear the entire thing. I like this new vocalist a lot more than the last one. I have the album Forged by Fire and it's "pretty good" but I have a feeling that Allegiance will blow me away

As soon as The End Records has it for sale I'm ordering!!!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
05.08.2006 - 23:00
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@ dismaleuphony: cheers mate, I'll try the link. Hope I like what I find
----

11.08.2006 - 04:10
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I enjoy these guys,Gus G is a really good guitarist,but I don't think there as underated as people say.
11.08.2006 - 04:58
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I haven't listened to too much, but from what I've heard...I think I like his stuff with Nightrage better. Gus G. is truly amazing.
14.08.2006 - 03:44
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Yes, I agree that Gus's work for the metal community is top-level, but now that I've listened to the band's first 2 CDs, I strongly feel that their new CD is their most uninspiring effort to date. There is so much going on in "Burning Earth" and the production is so much better IMO that "Allegiance" just falls flat. No, I don't dislike all the tracks, but there is just an overall weakness that I think is a combination of the blander songwriting and a vocalist that just makes me wish for the return of the band's former leaders....
----
14.08.2006 - 11:54
Constantinos
To be honest I have only listened to the Alliagiance album and I can not have an opinion until I listen to the other albums. To be honest I expected the band to be sounded like Dreamevil but I was wrong. No matter what though Gus G. is one fo the best guitarists worldwide nowadays.:banger2:
----
Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again, like the wind sweeps the earth
14.08.2006 - 13:44
Thormier
Account deleted
Iv heard somewhere that FireWind are doing a tour with dragonforce , Can anyone confirm this for me ?
06.09.2006 - 11:09
Yohan
Not my favorit Power Metal band but still a Great Band
----
tombstone.fi
07.09.2006 - 00:31
Daru Jericho
Written by [user id=15594] on 14.08.2006 at 13:44

Iv heard somewhere that FireWind are doing a tour with dragonforce , Can anyone confirm this for me ?

Yeah, it's true. Originally, Firewind were not supporting DragonForce in the UK so I wasn't going to go but now they announced that they will be coming to the UK therefore I'll go and see 'em.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

07.09.2006 - 18:13
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by [user id=15594] on 14.08.2006 at 13:44

Yep that's correct...they will be supprting DragonForce as Daru said
----

10.09.2006 - 10:18
Brutillius
I first heard Firewind with the Forged by Fire album. I loved it and still do, but the Allegience album, for me, sucked. I absolutley hate the new singer. Apollo something. He's totally killed the band for me.
----
The Way is Shut.
10.09.2006 - 14:04
Remus
I went to their site and got two videos and they sound great! I'll try to get some of their albums but they sound promising! Hey, that "fighting for democracy" thing is pretty cheezy even for pwr metal standards but hey!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
12.10.2006 - 16:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Remus on 10.09.2006 at 14:04

I went to their site and got two videos and they sound great! I'll try to get some of their albums but they sound promising! Hey, that "fighting for democracy" thing is pretty cheezy even for pwr metal standards but hey!

What whren I was wisting them site tehre was one video, I gonna check it soon.
You mean one real film video not live?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.10.2006 - 00:32
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Firewind are pretty good, I really do like Gus G as a guitarist, and their metal is technically good, but there are better bands.