Metal Storm logo
Firewind

Original post

Posted by FlareHeart, 18.05.2006 - 04:04
Here is the Firewind thread! Post your opinions and thoughts here. Personally I really enjoy their music and feel that they aren't as well thought of as they could be. They are a little underrated, but they have a very interesting sound overall, and they are probably one of my top favorite power metal bands at this present time. Positive and negative opinions are all welcome just please remember to explain your posts. Thread is now open for posting!
14.10.2006 - 21:26
Remus
Written by Bad English on 12.10.2006 at 16:17

What whren I was wisting them site tehre was one video, I gonna check it soon.
You mean one real film video not live?

There's one video for "Falling to Pieces" and another one for "Tyranny". Go check it out!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
14.10.2006 - 21:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Remus on 14.10.2006 at 21:26

Written by Bad English on 12.10.2006 at 16:17

What whren I was wisting them site tehre was one video, I gonna check it soon.
You mean one real film video not live?

There's one video for "Falling to Pieces" and another one for "Tyranny". Go check it out!

Thank's man I will
Whit out you I wont see this video
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.11.2006 - 09:33
Larsson
Account deleted
Firewind is one of my favourites band for the moment. The latest CD is just great! one of the best cds of this year. The new singer is really good aswell. And with Gus G one guitars, can it be bad then? =P I Unfortunatly missed every consert they have played here in Sweden
09.11.2006 - 12:32
Judas
The Amputator
I haven't heard any Firewind, so I can't really comment on whether they're good or bad. However, it's a relatively safe bet that they would be decent, due to the involvement of Gus G. I'm going to see them live when they support DragonForce on their Second Strike tour of the UK, at the end of this month, so do you have any recommendations as to what I should listen to before seeing them live?
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
09.11.2006 - 19:09
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
@Judas, I have Allegiance and Forged by Fire, both of which are great. Forged by Fire is a bit more straight heavy power metal, no frills. Allegiance has a new vocalist (and several new band members) and is more melodic, accessible, and catchy. They'll probably play mostly songs off of Allegiance since it's newer, so I'd pick that up. My favourite track from that album is The Essence.. but I don't think it's one of the "single" tracks so it may not be played.

That's awesome that you're going to see them live! I'm SUCH a huge Gus G fan, and this is a great project for him. Enjoy
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
09.11.2006 - 19:25
Judas
The Amputator
@Lyrinan: Thanks, will pick up 'Allegiance' as soon as I can. I'm in such a Power Metal mood today...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
09.11.2006 - 19:30
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Listening to the new album, Allegiance....I don't miss the old vocalist(s) at all! This is brilliantly crafted power metal. Gus G shows why he is so well respected in the guitar community. As previous said, it's more melodic, accessible and catchier than Forged by Fire, but that by no means makes it worse...
26.11.2006 - 07:49
poundingmetal74
Account deleted
Gus G. is among my all time favorite guitarists. Firewind is a great band, but I feel Dream Evil has a bit more going for it (catchier songs, better singer). To me, Firewind feels more like a Power Metal version of Yngwie.

Between Heaven and Hell was an excellent debut album. Too bad he's strayed for a more "proggy" sound if you will.
26.11.2006 - 14:27
FOOCK Nam
I 've listened only to Falling To The Pieces, and it sounds good. I heard that Gus G left all other projects to focus on Firewind, and he wrote everything for Between Heaven Hell. Once in Last.fm I saw one said that Gus G considered his best guy on the world, lol, I think its not true, but since then I notice this guy, maybe he is really a so talented guitarist. I have to search more info about them
26.11.2006 - 20:15
Amrott
i have been listening to firewind for a while, only the debut and the latest album though.

my thoughts are while the i loved the first for being very heavy, the vocalist bores after a while.
as for the latest, it is not as heavy, still has its moments and the awesome solos, but overall the best improvement for me is the v=new vocalist he is absolutely fantastic!!

i'm glad i already have my ticket for their dragonforce support show \m/
04.05.2007 - 15:38
Freedom4MySoul
Account deleted
Falling to pieces is a really great song. I am so happy that they come from my homeland
05.07.2007 - 19:40
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Firewind has released the video for its new single "Breaking the Silence". The clip, which features a guest appearance by female singer Tara Teresa, was directed by Patric Ullaeus from Sweden's Revolver Film Company (Dimmu Borgir, Within Temptation, In Flames).

"Breaking the Silence" in Windows Media format.
"Breaking the Silence" in Real Media format.
05.07.2007 - 19:55
alexo dynami
I like Firewind, and look forward to seeing them at Bloodstock Open Air festival.
My favourite song has to be the Fire and the Fury.
06.07.2007 - 18:45
Imraghil
i've seen them live and the were awnesome, they were the band before dragonforce and they kicked some ass after the show i buyed there album. Now they are going with kamelot to japan! really aight.
22.08.2007 - 21:51
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Oh sad.. I had a dream that Firewind and Kamelot were playing in my home town. Both bands are touring my country but neither are coming anywhere near me. Ahh to see Firewind live... that would be amazing I'm sure!! I Gus G
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
23.08.2007 - 00:14
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Susan on 22.08.2007 at 21:51

Oh sad.. I had a dream that Firewind and Kamelot were playing in my home town. Both bands are touring my country but neither are coming anywhere near me. Ahh to see Firewind live... that would be amazing I'm sure!! I Gus G

I wonder how many times you tried to fall back asleep to make the dream continue? Yes, it would be great to see Firewind live, their CDs are rarely far from the car CD player...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.08.2007 - 01:23
Amrott
yeah Firerwind is awesome!! seen them twice both times were just frekin great!! and the 2nd time Apollo hanged with the crowds afterwards and signed stuff and took pictures it was cool. it was really funny when he was struggling to understand the heavy Scottish accent of some of the fans and them just going at it
12.11.2007 - 18:30
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Damn they gave a great show this weekend...even better then I had hoped for. Lots of energy and great songs
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
23.11.2007 - 21:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A four-minute audio interview with Gus G. conducted by Norway's Metal Express Radio (web site) has been posted online at this location.
24.11.2007 - 12:00
Remus
So, they're starting on a new album. 'Gonna' have to watch out for that one boys and girls.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
28.01.2008 - 08:16
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
New album details announced

Firewind will release its successor to 2006's highly acclaimed "Allegiance" album on March 24th, 2008.
The artwork (below) of the new album entitled "The Premonition" was created by Brazilian artist Gustavo Sazes (www.abstrata.net).

More information available here.
28.01.2008 - 11:13
iaberis
Advice Troll
Sounds great White Winter... I think I'll buy it when it comes out! xD
Last time, Allegiance break into the the top20 charts here. Lets' bring again some metal in the Greek charts niggas! Down with the bitching "turbofolk"!
----
Bitch! Please
29.01.2008 - 17:13
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Sounds really good WWS...and the cover is pretty nice as well. This is going on my wishlist
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
31.01.2008 - 10:34
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
No, I don't like the cover much..... it's so boring, just like covers from Nightwish or Sonata Arctica. I just don't see the appeal in cover art that is like this. It's inoffensive, and inspires nothing to me.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
01.02.2008 - 19:39
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Firewind will release "The Premonition" on March 24 via Century Media Records. A new track, entitled "Mercenary Man", from the new album can now be streamed on the band's MySpace page at this location. Enjoy.
05.02.2008 - 17:28
eyesofwitch
This band have a lot of potencial I listened the new track "Mercenary Man" sounds great... I'm a great fan of this band I like a lot their sound. Personally enjoy all the albums I think "The Premonition" will be an awesome album.
08.02.2008 - 11:23
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Imraghil on 06.07.2007 at 18:45

i've seen them live and the were awnesome, they were the band before dragonforce and they kicked some ass after the show i buyed there album. Now they are going with kamelot to japan! really aight.

Don't really know about that Japan tour thingie. But they are coming to Europe now in April/May together with Kamelot. I think I've heard something about them going to Japan last year.

Firewind is just awesome. Saw them live in 2005 (support for Hammerfall) when they still had Chitty Sompala as a singer. It was after their Forged by Fire release. I've heard all albums, and the best albums are with no doubt the second Burning Earth album, and the Allegiance album. The Premonition is going to be so fucking great, at least if the rest is that awesome as Mercenary Man is on their MySpace page! ^^
12.02.2008 - 11:38
Imraghil
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 08.02.2008 at 11:23

Written by Imraghil on 06.07.2007 at 18:45

Don't really know about that Japan tour thingie. But they are coming to Europe now in April/May together with Kamelot. I think I've heard something about them going to Japan last year.

Firewind is just awesome. Saw them live in 2005 (support for Hammerfall) when they still had Chitty Sompala as a singer. It was after their Forged by Fire release. I've heard all albums, and the best albums are with no doubt the second Burning Earth album, and the Allegiance album. The Premonition is going to be so fucking great, at least if the rest is that awesome as Mercenary Man is on their MySpace page! ^^

yeah i'm going to see them in Antwerpen 9 april. Firewind and Kamelot..:d
18.02.2008 - 18:56
eyesofwitch
Hey! I'm listening "The Premonition" the whole album is totally awesome, you can enjoy all songs 'cause all are great xD My favorites: Into the Fire, Mercenary Man, Angels Forgive Me, My Loneliness, The Silent Code.... all!!

This are the track list:

1. Into the Fire
2. Head Up High
3. Mercenary Man
4. Angels Forgive Me
5. Remembered
6. My Loneliness
7. Circle of Life
8. The Silent Code
9. Maniac (cover from the "Flashdance" soundtrack written by Michael Sembello and Dennis Matkosky)
10. Life Foreclosed
21.02.2008 - 09:23
Amrott
thanks for the nfo eyesofwitch