09. Tribunal Of The Dead
10. Supreme Humanism Of Megalomania
11. The Chaining Of The Iniquitous
12. Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame [instrumental version] [bonus]
13. The Inevitable Degradation Of Flesh [instrumental version] [bonus]

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
Nile have been going for a long time, and are one of the few death metal bands that have been so consistently brilliant with each release for this long. Each album in the catalogue has been subtly different, and number seven At The Gate Of Sethu is no different.

Read more ››
published 29.06.2012 | Comments (52)

Found in 19 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 4

Comments: 113   Visited by: 1103 users
29.06.2012 - 22:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Masaquiel on 29.06.2012 at 22:21

Hotmail is no longer getting things from metal storm. This is why i have a new one also because i see the staff are a bunch of condescending assholes. Yes my mistake, but the point remains the same. Look they even gang up on someone xD. Is that not the cutest thing you ever seen. Looking at my profile, for something damning i'm sure.

The funniest part of this is that you've become personally offended at a lighthearted joke directed toward someone that isn't you.

Multiple/troll accounts is a common thing here so it's natural when someone appears out of the blue with one post and a whole bunch of attitude to do a little checking.
29.06.2012 - 22:37
Masaquiel
Written by [user id=4365] on 29.06.2012 at 22:24

Written by Masaquiel on 29.06.2012 at 22:21

Hotmail is no longer getting things from metal storm. This is why i have a new one also because i see the staff are a bunch of condescending assholes. Yes my mistake, but the point remains the same. Look they even gang up on someone xD. Is that not the cutest thing you ever seen. Looking at my profile, for something damning i'm sure.

The funniest part of this is that you've become personally offended at a lighthearted joke directed toward someone that isn't you.

Multiple/troll accounts is a common thing here so it's natural when someone appears out of the blue with one post and a whole bunch of attitude to do a little checking.

No metal storm had a problem with hotmail.com, not a troll account I promise that. Just been to lazy to make one until i saw this. Inside jokes on post? I just think staff members should be more professional, and i do apologize for thinking he wrote something that you did, just randomly blasting albums, i hope you are not a staff memeber. The other stuff he did write. . .nevermind this is pointless
29.06.2012 - 23:10
Megadeth88
Aside from all of the childish bickering... am I the only one that hears Dallas trying new things with his vocals?
29.06.2012 - 23:48
Rating: 6
Nunzie 69
It's a shame would have liked this a lot more if the vocals weren't over the music as much.
30.06.2012 - 02:34
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Masaquiel on 29.06.2012 at 22:37
No metal storm had a problem with hotmail.com, not a troll account I promise that. Just been to lazy to make one until i saw this. Inside jokes on post? I just think staff members should be more professional, and i do apologize for thinking he wrote something that you did, just randomly blasting albums, i hope you are not a staff memeber. The other stuff he did write. . .nevermind this is pointless

I'm surprised you are taking things so seriously. You can clearly see how the post were written in light-humor to Fredd and since Fredd didn't react bad... I'm pretty sure he also understood everything was just a silly talk without insults.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.06.2012 - 07:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Masaquiel on 29.06.2012 at 22:03
Is it really? "Basically agree with the above. Very bland album, not much more to say really. Yet another let down for 2012. This can go on the heap with Gojira, Meshuggah, Candlemass, Fear Factory Etc." He also said, I'm paraphrasing, that his opinion is somehow more valid because he is old. This is a staff member, seriously? Condescending and pretentious is the reason most other metal review sites turn me off. Now this one is going down the same round. As a staff member i thought he should be more reserved, or at lest a valid argument. Low standards much.

Overlooking the fact that you've seemed to mix up Marcel and Joe, my point still stands. Check Marcel's ratings here and you'll notice he awards some very popular/mainstream albums high scores. He may not give out high scores to the majority of these kinds of releases but he's far from the kind of kvlt elitist you make him out to be. Although he is a doom elitist, I won't deny that.

Also, I don't think any of us are too concerned with your opinion. If you're willing to judge this site based on a couple of responses to your stupidity then I'm happy to say we're doing our jobs perfectly.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.06.2012 - 08:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Megadeth88 on 29.06.2012 at 23:10
Aside from all of the childish bickering... am I the only one that hears Dallas trying new things with his vocals?

Sorry bro, can't hear them over all the childish bickering.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.06.2012 - 09:50
Void Eater
Account deleted
I agree with Masaquiel, this is an objectively brilliant album and Marcel only hates it because he's a bitter old man who hates anything popular after 1991. (not srs)

No but really, I am liking this album a lot, and I've always been pretty apathetic towards Nile in general.
30.06.2012 - 12:38
Rating: 7
METALOZON
I really want to rate this album higher but the "thin" sound and the lack of atmosphere stops me from doing it
30.06.2012 - 14:44
Fredd
Account deleted
What's wrong with people's sense of humor these days?
30.06.2012 - 16:44
The Benighted
Written by [user id=114127] on 30.06.2012 at 14:44

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet. *shrug*
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
30.06.2012 - 20:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by The Benighted on 30.06.2012 at 16:44

Written by [user id=114127] on 30.06.2012 at 14:44

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet. *shrug*

why do you think I put the smilies in the posts where I responded to Fredd?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.07.2012 - 00:16
Rating: 9
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
I like this indeed. Maybe because I like the vocal style, rofl, but this was very very fun.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
02.07.2012 - 00:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.06.2012 at 20:18

why do you think I put the smilies in the posts where I responded to Fredd?

Let's be honest though Marcel, you were only half kidding we all know you though and know what you're like
03.07.2012 - 22:36
Illog1cal
Account deleted
How the hell can an album recorded after 3 well recorded albums sound worse? Everything is muffled and thin unlike the previous albums (aside from Ithyphallic) which are nice and clean.
This album doesn't seem that coherent although I enjoyed a few tracks: 'Enduring....' , 'Tribunal of the Dead' and 'The Chaining of the Iniquitous' but the rest of the tracks are really lacking.
03.07.2012 - 22:48
Masaquiel
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.06.2012 at 07:37

Is it really? "Basically agree with the above. Very bland album, not much more to say really. Yet another let down for 2012. This can go on the heap with Gojira, Meshuggah, Candlemass, Fear Factory Etc." He also said, I'm paraphrasing, that his opinion is somehow more valid because he is old. This is a staff member, seriously? Condescending and pretentious is the reason most other metal review sites turn me off. Now this one is going down the same round. As a staff member i thought he should be more reserved, or at lest a valid argument. Low standards much.

Overlooking the fact that you've seemed to mix up Marcel and Joe, my point still stands. Check Marcel's ratings here and you'll notice he awards some very popular/mainstream albums high scores. He may not give out high scores to the majority of these kinds of releases but he's far from the kind of kvlt elitist you make him out to be. Although he is a doom elitist, I won't deny that.

Also, I don't think any of us are too concerned with your opinion. If you're willing to judge this site based on a couple of responses to your stupidity then I'm happy to say we're doing our jobs perfectly.

I actually like your reviews, let me start with that . I seen a lot of reviews lately from staff members not just that one. I did apologize for the mix up, but the point is i think staff members should be more objective. A lot of the reviews I been seeing are denouncing albums outright. Anyways, i better not say anything else, you guys travel in packs.
03.07.2012 - 23:04
Masaquiel
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.06.2012 at 07:37

Oh and i know no one is cares about my opinion, I doubt my comments are going to stop these fan boy reviews, or outright band bashing by staff members. But If i say anything else the whole staff is going to start calling me stupid and crazy.
03.07.2012 - 23:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Masaquiel on 03.07.2012 at 23:04
Oh and i know no one is cares about my opinion, I doubt my comments are going to stop these fan boy reviews, or outright band bashing by staff members. But If i say anything else the whole staff is going to start calling me stupid and crazy.

You can say whatever you want so long as you don't violate any of the rules in the FAQ - which you haven't, so there's no issue there. And the only reason it seems as if we travel in packs is because we tend to agree on some things. Although when we disagree we tend to travel in a pack that fights to the death. So don't feel like we're targeting you or something... most of us just spend a lot of time in the forums so we come across posts like yours and respond to it.

Anyway, I still haven't listened to this in full so I can't cast my judgment. Based on the tracks I've heard I'm not excited for the "full" experience, but I'm assuming I've already heard far worse this year already (namely Burzum).
----
04.07.2012 - 13:42
Masaquiel
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.07.2012 at 23:20

Written by Masaquiel on 03.07.2012 at 23:04

You can say whatever you want so long as you don't violate any of the rules in the FAQ - which you haven't, so there's no issue there. And the only reason it seems as if we travel in packs is because we tend to agree on some things. Although when we disagree we tend to travel in a pack that fights to the death. So don't feel like we're targeting you or something... most of us just spend a lot of time in the forums so we come across posts like yours and respond to it.

Anyway, I still haven't listened to this in full so I can't cast my judgment. Based on the tracks I've heard I'm not excited for the "full" experience, but I'm assuming I've already heard far worse this year already (namely Burzum).

This album is not as bad as Burzum's new album( it's pretty hard to be that bad). I'm not a good reviewer hence why i don't really review, but this album should of been a lot better. I can appreciate Dallas trying new things with his vocals, but besides that only a few good songs and a bunch of fillers.
04.07.2012 - 16:47
ManOwaR
Account deleted
What a terrible disappointment... Mind you I never liked them that much to begin with, but I was hoping for a crushing and pure death metal album and they just didn't deliver. Most of their riffs are so cliche that they sound complicated and trivial at the same time...
05.07.2012 - 21:52
Rating: 5
Deefer46
Expected more, got less, - 1st listen, disappointed, 2nd listen - gave it away to a mate. Hope she likes it.....I didn't.
09.07.2012 - 02:31
BanksD
Account deleted
Pretty standard Nile album, which is always enjoyable for me.

I'd say an 8/10 is accurate for me.
12.07.2012 - 00:11
Rating: 6
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
This album as loads of comments, and only a select few are actually about the album....
19.07.2012 - 00:07
Lit.
Account deleted
I bet they sent more time on their song titles than they did with the music.
23.07.2012 - 16:29
@gent_-_orange
A decent album, nothing more, Nile can do so much better. However I am glad they decided to cut the incredibly bloated song lengths from this album, (Arra of Dagon from the previous album was painful to listen to).
24.07.2012 - 01:15
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
It's good i guess, but the production makes it painful even though i can hear good music.
25.07.2012 - 02:20
Rating: 8
I_Die_Often
I gave it an 8, my lowest rated Nile album, but only listened once so far.
Sounds like older Nile IMO, I sill like it!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
26.07.2012 - 01:34
pisymbol
Written by Dark Cornatus on 24.07.2012 at 01:15

It's good i guess, but the production makes it painful even though i can hear good music.

This. The music is fantastic.
26.07.2012 - 18:43
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
I have the same problem, that and I generally don't like much Brutal Death. This band's style sounds approachable though, perhaps their previous ones will be better without such a shoddy production job.
26.07.2012 - 19:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by R'Vannith on 26.07.2012 at 18:43
perhaps their previous ones will be better without such a shoddy production job.

Way.. .Way better.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 24849 | This month: 30