Metal Storm logo
Ozric Tentacles

26.10.2011 - 12:09
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Any fans of this band out there? I've just been digging into their discography, some really great instrumental psychedelic/space rock. My favourite albums so far are 'Curious Corn' and 'Jurassic Shift'.
27.10.2011 - 21:59
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow, Ozric Tentacles thread. I only listened to Erpland. I like the psychedelic style they have, but the album kind of gets a bit repetitive and dragged-out in the second half.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
28.10.2011 - 08:44
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
They do tend to drag their songs out a fair bit They seem pretty consistent over the three albums I've heard (Curious Corn, Jurassic Shift and Arborescence) Might go for Erpland next.
This track, from CC, is just indescribably good!:

28.10.2011 - 10:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Anyone else read Ostrich Testicles at first glance?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.10.2011 - 15:17
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by R'Vannith on 28.10.2011 at 08:44

They do tend to drag their songs out a fair bit They seem pretty consistent over the three albums I've heard (Curious Corn, Jurassic Shift and Arborescence) Might go for Erpland next.
This track, from CC, is just indescribably good!:

While we are on the topic of awesome songs, "Eternal Wheel" off Erpland is awesome too:

----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
29.10.2011 - 21:29
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
I first heard of this band when the Rush fanzine "A Show of Fans" was in publication in the early '90s, there was an ad for an album by them...and when there was no internet so I never got a chance to check them out.
----
rekt
29.10.2011 - 22:38
Urs Blank
I agree with K?ulu about the Erpland suggestion, a must check if you're into Ozric Tentacles. For me it is on a par with Jurassic Shift.
Strangeitude is also worth mentioning.

Concerning their so-called dragged-out compositions I would say it really depends on whether you are on acid or not
30.10.2011 - 22:28
Mattybu
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.10.2011 at 10:00

Anyone else read Ostrich Testicles at first glance?

Yeah I did.

Although that's not a bad thing, imagine how cool an ostrich with tentacles would look. Really I just love any band with "tentacle/s" in their name.