Metal Storm logo
Albums that sound specifically similar to Pestapokalypse VI

20.12.2011 - 06:41
Does anybody know of any bands that sound similar to the album Pestapokalypse VI by Belphegor?? Metal-Archives advanced search hardly brought up anything I was looking for. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Other bands I've tried are Insignium, Hecate Enthroned, Goatwhore, Behemoth (everyone knows the last two).
20.12.2011 - 08:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I don't think you're going to find something specifically similar, especially if the bands you already tried didn't do anything.

You could also try Arkhon Infaustus or Hate, but again... you're not going to think any of their releases are any more similar than ones you already tried.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.12.2011 - 09:35
Savopipo
I think there's a bigger question here. Why try to find something that sounds exactly like something else? I could maybe understand it in the broader perspective where a person is looking for bands that play a certain genre of music (like rock ala AC/DC or black metal ala Mayhem) but to be so precise and look for an album that sounds like another album sounds a bit limiting to me. Not that it's any of my business but I agree with Mr. Killjoy that it's probably pointless.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
20.12.2011 - 14:35
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
I went through a Black Metal phase where I just listened to raw stuff and kept on looking for bands/albums that recreated that old Norse vibe. I wasted so much time and money on crap music. If you want a certain sound then just listen to that particular album that you love.
20.12.2011 - 17:44
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.12.2011 at 08:18

I don't think you're going to find something specifically similar, especially if the bands you already tried didn't do anything.

You could also try Arkhon Infaustus or Hate, but again... you're not going to think any of their releases are any more similar than ones you already tried.

those're both excellent bands. Hate's Morphosis was their Demigod (Behemoth, that is. .)
20.12.2011 - 17:45
Written by [user id=2943] on 20.12.2011 at 14:35

I went through a Black Metal phase where I just listened to raw stuff and kept on looking for bands/albums that recreated that old Norse vibe. I wasted so much time and money on crap music. If you want a certain sound then just listen to that particular album that you love.

yeah you're probably right but I wouldn't mind having a similar sound or album. . .