Metal Storm logo
Nintendo 64

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 29.01.2012 - 01:39
I made this thread for discussions about the best video game console ever: Nintendo 64, released in 1996. Who never played such games like Zelda - Ocarina Of Time, the amazing multiplayer of Goldeneye 007/Perfect Dark or the great Super Mario 64? Let the nostalgia begin, share your moments and comments about this great system!

Well, I'd like to show my games collection. I have these since 2006.

The Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time
The Legend Of Zelda - Majora's Mask
Doom 64
007 The World Is Not Enough
Goldeneye 007
Turok 2
Perfect Dark
Catlevania 64
Star Wars - Shadows Of The Empire
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron
22.07.2012 - 15:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.07.2012 at 15:38

Written by [user id=4365] on 21.07.2012 at 20:26
The PS1 analogue was far superior on every level.

And obviously far more accurate. I can't count the times I've lost lives or even games to the N64 controller's inaccurate joystick. And if you're playing a game like Super Mario 64 with changing camera angles, it really fucks with your jumping accuracy.

I was just going to use the SM64 example. Great game of course but I can't count the amount of times I died because I couldn't get him to jump and land where I wanted to.
29.07.2012 - 21:40
Torelli
This console had some rather addictive multiplayer games. mario kart 64, exite bike 64, perfect dark.... too many hours wasted on these games

I remember a game made by Rare which i bought on the local market. The graphic was bad, the story was stupid and the controls was a disaster. And get, one of the most addictive games i have ever played. which game im I talking about? Blast corps, of course!

My personal favorite though is majoras mask. Actually one of my all time favorite games ever, actually. The controls were good, good music, good graphics, good varition of gameplay, great story (which didnt repeat the same old tired zelda klichée style). I also like the overall sense of doom and sadness that was present in the game aswell.
24.12.2012 - 02:02
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
For anyone else who wants to relive the nostalgia, Project 64 is an awesome emulator that will let you relive the glory days.

You can find it here: http://www.pj64-emu.com/

Also, if you want to be able to plug in a controller, it's relatively easy to find controller adapters on Amazon for your PC. I bought an Xbox360 adapter, so I've been playing Majora's Mask with a 360 controller, which I must say is very interesting. It's also much more comfortable in your hands then that oddly-shaped N64 controller.

I love both of the N64 Zelda games. I never owned an N64 during its console generation, I only ever got to really play the N64 Zelda games after the Gamecube had already made its debut. Then, and even now, they withstand the test of time and are still great games.
----