Metal Storm logo
Saw

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 10.11.2006 - 00:21
either my search failed, or there really isnt a topic made on Saw, the movie. so yeah..

i must admit, ihavent seent he second or the third one yet, but i saw the first one, and absolutly LOVED it. the plot, the blood(not so much blood, which i liked) the traps, the story line, everything kicked my ass. the second one people said was awsome coz of all the blood. and the third one, i havent heard much about, but from peopl who have seen it, they say it is the single greatest movie ever made.

what are your thoughts?
15.12.2008 - 16:46
Ernis
狼獾
Oh well....Saw Saw Five now....nothing special, nothing awful....it did lack something, however, altho managed to create the suspense in some moments....A minus would be that this time there wasn't any brilliant twist in the end ending as all the previous films had.....
18.12.2008 - 04:33
This guy I have to give credit to.

"SAW is the worst kind of horror film. even to call it a horror film is pointless because there is no horror what so ever. These films are badly wrote. badly made. simple done since the first to make money. I watch the first film. i was letdown by it so much. it got worst the more they made. James Wan should be shot for ever thinking this was a good idea for a film."

"These films are based on the simple fear of people being in places or situations that are out of their control, knowing that they could die. Facing traps which if they make the wrong move or choice they will die. Which in a film works okay to make the characters feel scared or afraid. But as a audience your completely distance from these characters as your not in these situations (your sat in a cinema knowing that you will never end up in one of Jigsaw shit traps)."

"Other horror films work as they pull in the audience and make them afraid of what is happening in the film and what is happening to the characters. Using places and situations that we face every day, for example; a haunted house (we all live in a house of some kind, we could face a ghost), We could be running away from someone trying to kill us. Etc etc."

"True horror films are about making a audience scared. I dont know one person to find Saw films scary. It all about the blood, gore, making people feel sick or even laugh (which I enjoy if done any other way then a Saw movie) which pull in the people seining the films. Jigsaw is the worst horror film character ever. They try to give him a reason why he does what it is he does but it a shit reason that been done better in other horror films."

"These films have no intelligence or even remotely good and plot twists that even make half amount of sense. Saw films have falling into money making movies and people should be shamed to keep paying to see it when other great/amazing horror films are losing money because people arent going to see them"

I agree with this dude 100%, even though I did enjoy the first Saw (wasn't scary though).
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
18.12.2008 - 04:36
Written by Ernis on 08.11.2007 at 12:50

Nah, Cary Elwes is a strong actor and I think his role was well performed in Saw......though his character looked sometimes slightly silly and naive in the film....but that was done on purpose obviously....

Elwes is amazing indeed. As many films I've seen him in (even RH: Men in Tights), he's had a solid performance.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
18.12.2008 - 13:26
Ernis
狼獾
To be honest....Saw never was a horror film....It's more or less a criminal/detective action series playing with nasty scenes......the idea from the first film was fresh tho....the sequels have developed into average tv-series flicks......
18.12.2008 - 14:07
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ernis on 18.12.2008 at 13:26

To be honest....Saw never was a horror film....It's more or less a criminal/detective action series playing with nasty scenes......the idea from the first film was fresh tho....

You're right. I just don't understand why people call this movie a horror movie? No way. And if you see it's named a horror movie is because of the thriller scenes. And mutilation, blood and thing like that. So don't watch this movie to be scared.. This movie is a good crime movie.
18.12.2008 - 14:24
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
The first one was alright, at least it had a sense of claustrophobia and tension and Cary Elwes is a canny good actor. The second one was pure crap, no other words for it, and I havn't bothered to see the rest because it can only get worse. I can't imagine the 3rd one being the single greatest movie ever made, anyone who says that must not have seen any decent films.
21.12.2010 - 20:24
JD
Account deleted
I've seen Saw 1,2,3,4 i enjoyed every one of them.