Metal Storm logo
8-bit Music Making

08.03.2014 - 01:18
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Anyone here has experience with 8 bit music making?
I started playing around a couple days ago with this software called "Famitracker", but it seems it has its limitations (or I am still a n00b and don't know how to use the software, or perhaps even both options... Yeah, probably both of them...), anyway anyone has good software hints for making music on this genre?

Also, you're welcome to use this topic to post your 8-bit projects and stuff.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.03.2014 - 14:38
ANGEL REAPER
I have expirience ..i was contracted to write a soundtrack for retro game.I made 5 8bit tracks but the project failed since then ....The tracks are shifted to proper recording now (not 8bit) and will emerge soon as retro-synth/alternative EP (i hope).
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
08.03.2014 - 18:32
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Which software(s) do you use?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.03.2014 - 19:20
ANGEL REAPER
Some japanise MIDI-to-8bit converter...I would write stuff in GuitarPro than made MIDI version of the song and then just convert it to 8Bit.Hower i abandoned it after the project failed so ,maybe you can seek help within Chip-tune community ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
08.03.2014 - 20:05
ANGEL REAPER
Also i use FL Studio 9,Acoustica Beatcraft,my guitar effect pedal and some basic editing software such is Audacity ....
----