The Third of the Storms
Horus/Agressor
Massacra
Revelations of Doom

Total votes: 12
08.02.2007 - 14:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hellhammer, the precursor of the mighty Celtic Frost and are according to many the fathers of black and death metal. They're also one of the first bands using growl instead of clean vocals. The band apparently did a lot of demo songs, but these six songs are the only ones they recorded and released officially.
You already know my question, so tell me why you choose your song. I can't say that I expect a lot of votes since they are not that wellknown. I am very interested to see how it will turn out and please, also mention what you think about this band.
Me myself have no doubt. Triumph of Death, pure art. Long and epic, a ghostly intro with a lonely guitar and Thomas Gabriel Warriors high piercing screams! Sends chills down my spine.
----
08.02.2007 - 20:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hahah I ts hard to hoose because I like all songs of this band, and so I dunno how to choose, such bands are real and thay are so old school but i dunno I like The Third of the Storms
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.02.2007 - 08:24
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Triumph of Death for me as well. It actually the dirst track they ever came up with and the version with Straton on drums is amazing.. Interesting poll lol. Almost all the tracks are off the Satanic Rites demo.

Apparently Celtic Frost tried to redo The Third of the Storms but couldn't recapture the same atmosphere lol..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
09.02.2007 - 19:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for Triumph Of Death, I like this song for very long time now and this is first Hellhammer sing I heard on some underground compilation, all Hellhammer songs are cult in some way so it was hard choice.
I know many people don't like this band but for me Hellhammer is true spirit of metal.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.02.2007 - 02:59
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Yep even Thomas Gabriel Warrior doesn't like this band all that much for some reason. He considers everything done by them before Celtic Frost to suck although he still tried to re-release some of Hellhammer's stuff through Celtic Frost..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
10.02.2007 - 03:42
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I read that in Serbian MetalHammer but I don't believe anthing those guys wrote, I was working for them a little and then I realised that they will wrote anything just to sell the issue, whole magazine was filled with glam metal and shits like that, I am happy there is no more MetalHammer here. But back to topic, I read that he hates HellHammer and that he thinks it is shit, he said that he was recieving some seriously letters from HellHammer fans, but I also read that after some time he start to love his old work, who knows is it true...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.02.2007 - 07:23
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Yeah thats what I heard as well. I think he does miss the old evil sounding stuff. Anyway it looks like only 4 people are interested in this thread lol. I thought it was a pretty good thread about a very good band which was instrumental in the development of metal as a whole.. How is Horun/Aggressor though? Its the only one I haven't heard of the lot..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
11.02.2007 - 18:06
Warman
Erotic Stains
@Himann: Horus/Agressor is a great song IMO, although it feel kinda weak after the mighty Triumph of Death

Fischer used to hate Hellhammer. Nowadays it's different, he said in a swedish interview that he's beginning to understand how big influence that band really had on the extreme metal scene, he's started to appreciate it. But there was a time when his hate was so big for everything Hellhammer ever had done and he burned everything he had related to his old band!!! Demos, pictures, cassettes etc.... everything's gone!
----
29.04.2007 - 21:37
Richard
Elite
Tom's opinion of Hellhammer seemed to change over the years - sometimes he seemed ashamed and wanted people to just talk about Celtic Frost, but even in the Apocalyptic Raids 1990 re-release, his liner notes suggest a certain fondness for Hellhammer and what he achieved with that band.

Nowadays he acknowledges how important the band was to people and the historical significance of Hellhammer, as Warman says in his above post. Apparently he is now actually in the process of writing a book about Hellhammer, which should be interesting!

I think there are also plans for official releases of the demo material. (Which is good, as the demo material is excellent but some of the bootlegs of the demos - mainly referring to the Triumph of Death demo - vary in quality).

Anyway, difficult poll.. I think I'll vote for Horus/Agressor, due to the great riff in the chorus of Agressor - primitive as always, but with an extra catchiness that rivals classic Sabbath.
----
20.05.2009 - 16:17
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Definetly ''Messiah'' from Apocalyptic Raids. Best of their songs.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/